4,6
4,7
Sam L.

Bookmark Is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I am helping people that are not tech savvy claim their footprints on the internet.

Pros

I like that is affordable and has ease of use. I like that there are tips and online trainings to help grow the business.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable. The image editing is not that great when trying to have an image fit better. I also wish it looked better on mobile.

Sue B.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

An Excellent Alternative to WordPress and Other Website Builders

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Overall, I am very pleased with Bookmark. You get a lot for a very reasonable amount of money. It allows just the right amount of backend customization, yet not so much that it becomes a burden for users who don't want to get bogged down with features they don't understand.

Pros

I really like how easy Bookmark is to use. It really has all the features I look for in a website builder, without a lot of the headaches people can run into when they use WordPress. I like to use it to build websites for my small business clients who are looking for a dependable website that looks beautiful, but who may not be tech savvy enough to want to deal with learning WordPress.

Cons

The AI builder in Bookmark is fun to use, but I think it could do more to scrape current sites and pull in images that are relevant to my client's current web assets. The AI builder is a great way to quickly build a great looking and functional demo site, but I don't really understand how it is actually using AI. It kind of seems slightly gimmicky in that respect. That said, I still think the AI builder is time saving feature and it is worth using it to spin up a quick website.

Robert M.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Setting up my website

Reviewed on 2020/12/05

I am very pleased to have my site up and running

Pros

The possibility to present my products.
Had a lot of help from the customer support. Not that easy to get going but with some help I got there

Cons

Not to user friendly but after having some help I got what I needed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matthew F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Take the money and run!

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Seemed okay at first but now I HATE working with them.

Pros

Easy to visually set up the website but that's about it.

Cons

You can't upload your blogs and keep the same url, if you pay for their email or it is included in the plan they won't help you with setup, you can't take payment over the phone effectively, customer support just refers you to online irrelevant guides...I don't think they know their own system. I was promised a google credit that they didn't honor. I move to bookmark for more simplicity but since I've moved my SEO has tanked, my sales have struggled, and all I get from bookmark are shrugs. I asked what it would take to get a refund since I paid for a year in advance and they told me there are no refunds. I will appeal to ecwid who they build their system on and hopefully they will be more reasonable.

Response from Bookmark

Hello Matthew, with all due respect we've been helping you for 5 months with every question you've asked. In fact, the total messages back and forth with the support team is 498. We tried really hard to help you Matthew. I think this review is unfairly written.

And in regards to the Google Ads $100 credit. Google changed their rules and was no longer offering this credit. So we weren't able to pass it along to you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Nicholas R.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Bookmark - Quick Web Presence | Awesome Customer Service

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Quick Web Design and Functionilty

Pros

Initially i was a little apprehensive about using the software. I initially thought the AI was more of a gimmick, but I was wrong. Bookmark gives the opportunity to not only get you kicked off in the right direction but also gives the user complete customization.

Cons

It doesn't seem like it has a strong user base on youtube or in forums but the team at Bookmark has been there every step of the way.

Pamela B.
Industry: Market Research
Company size: Self Employed

How did I go so long without this product

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

I have a large distributed web with multiple subscription sites, clients, and marketing pages. Bookmarks helps me streamline and bring all that in under control. They are wonderful at this point to work with and I don't forsee that their committment to their product is going to change. I'm happy to have found them.

Pros

Quick and easy framework setup using the digital assistant helps me get the website off and running and allows me to focus on the customer and their content.

Cons

Some work still needs to be done on the blog feature, but the websites and ecommerce is a grand slam.

Jason C.
Industry: Education Management

Bookmark makes website creation, migration and find tuning easy!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Since migrating the website away from Wix the speed of our website on the Bookmark platform has increased dramatically. Bookmark is a very handy tool for creating a website and has increased the performance of our site immediately. Truly excellent service and product.

Cons

At first the modules were a bit tricky to get used to while initially customizing the site. However, using the video tutorials I was able to figure most of it out on my own.

Von D.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Phenomenal Product

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/07

Great support and returned my emails promptly.

Pros

So simple to use with animation , thousands of videos to choose from .

Cons

Software is perfect, just need to add more full contact sports to video library, but thats minor

Derek R.
Industry: Sporting Goods

Solid and High Quality

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

So far so goof, excited to see how things progress in the future

Pros

A definite pro is the ease of laying out a successful site and optimizing flow.

Cons

Sometimes the tools lag, format is different in editor than draft "live site"

Krystle A.
Industry: Retail

so far so good :)

Reviewed on 2020/11/01

Pros

- I love the social media integration
-Product suggestion feature makes it easy for customer to view related products (sales)
-AI system is simple to use

Cons

-would like to see features like Currency converter. If a customer is from the USA or Europe, they have the option see prices in their currency.

-Invoice option would be nice. This would avoid using a secondary product.

Still creating the site , haven't found anything else yet.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Sebastian B.

Flexible, Fast, and Friggin' Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

Pros

From the first step of creating a new site to the final touches, Bookmark is by far the most efficient and quick builder I have used to date. And not to mention the most fun.

The different creation options are a great option too.

Some more main features that I love to use, and that differentiate Bookmark from other builders:
- Super quick addition of 'focus' page sections
- Ability to edit text and images so quickly
- Quick access to commercial, free, use HQ stock photos within builder - add lots of images via search to library
- Client sub-accounts with the Agency plan
- Different ability to create a new version on AI site when you make a new site, if the first version isn't what you envisioned you can just click "creat" again and it will change up quite a bit!
- Plain fast speed of literally everything
- Amazing for 1 pager fixed menu scroll landing page sites for Google Ads, specific client service, opt-in lead gen, etc.
- Able to throw together site mockups for clients within 5 minutes.. talk about efficient
- Quick addition and editing of new pages, menu, styling, etc. etc. (everything is fast)

Get Bookmark.com now if you are considering it!

Cons

Here are some very specific things, not necessarily even a worry for most people but worth mentioning, for niche use cases. These are more along the line of suggestions, and maybe even some of these things are on the development forecast:
- built-in form doesn't have really any flexibility (But it still does work well). Also my form keyword attribution tracking software code doesn't seem to detect it.. maybe I'm just missing something :))
- keep in mind the images needed for parralax header sections seem to always need to be super high quality. If not it is very easy for them to show up as pixely or grainy. Imagery is one main thing about websites so just make sure you have the right images and quality (Although It is very easy to use the free commercial use photos provided by Bookmark and integrated Pixabay)
- ability to edit mobile view would be nice, it almost always works great and you can preview it but when you adjust spacers etc. sometimes it isn't perfect. Doesn't really come up often though!

Wendy N.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great AI website builder with lots of potential

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Overall I love the platform and its potential. It is lacking in a few features right now because it's a bit newer than other platforms on the market; however Bookmark is prioritizing and releasing more functionality all the time. In a few months I believe this will be one of the top website builders out there.

Pros

I love how quick it is to get a shell of a website up and running, ready for editing. I can use the AI builder to pick an industry and my style, then it creates a fully functional website in a couple minutes. Of course then you can edit it to match your color scheme and update your content to make it reflect your own brand, which will take some time of course. But getting to the point where you can start editing is minutes vs. hours with some other website builders. Also I like how simple yet powerful the website editor is. It's super easy to add modules and entire pre-built content areas which you can then customize further. Also it's very touch-screen friendly. Some other builder tools I'v used don't work at all when using touch screens. Also their sites are hosted on Amazon's AWS cloud servers, which are lightning fast.

Cons

Currently it's missing some key functionality that I know they are working on and will be added soon. But at the moment their blog features are lacking. There isn't a way to save a blog post layout and use it as a template going forward for future blog posts. You have to recreate each post from scratch. Also no way to dynamically display the last n blog posts, for example to display a blog feed on your home page. You currently have to build that manually. Functionality is supposedly being built to address these issues soon.

Michelle A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Amazing customer service, easy to use, incredible output

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Helped me design a website lickety split, great imagery, great start to build on. love that we can add ecommerce on when it is time. I've already recommended the product to other friends I have that are starting their own businesses too.

Pros

Pretty simple to use with drag and drop modules. I liked that it generated as many different websites as I could imagine and saved them all so I could go back and pick and choose. The images are super impactful and I LOVE that they are all royalty free. Very cool that they have an add a blog option. The support is AMAZING!!! As easy as it is to use, it takes some time to ramp up on how it works and the support is right there for you. They are really patient and helpful and I used a lot of their how to guides.

Cons

There are different types of 'focuses' which are kind of like templates and it looks like the generated websites combine them in the same manner. It would be awesome if I could pick and choose the focus formats that I wanted. Stronger blog capabilities like commenting and sharing would make it perfect!

Response from Bookmark

Hi Michelle, thank you for leaving uy a review. We've addressing both of your Cons in the near future by improving our blog feature and we'll soon be adding many many more focuses to choose from for each type of focus. Will be sort of like an ala cart ability for sections of your website.

Christian S.
Industry: Human Resources

we had 2 staff check if out after purchasing a LTD lifetime deal on APPSUMO

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Nothing difficult to use. We selected it for ease of use for non techy staff, while the deal and value were amazing!!! Switched over last Fall 2019 so would be ready for January 2020 and it allowed us to hit the deadline.

It refreshed or reinvigorated out outdated web brand. It allowed us to fix this in record time saving us $4000 with our old company. It became a staff DIY project that seemed to be fun for them.
They had no complaints as they figured it out easily without the training as it is that intuitive.
It is 1000% better than my last website, excited about the blog inclusion as well, and the fact I and not dishing out $50.00 per month on hosting any longer, which was highway robbery with my old site. Although both companies have good customer support it seems.
We have tried Wix and GoDaddy as well as Wordpress, but it seems like this is the one they decided on to get the job done and they got it done quickly. As a Owner Manager I like it when teams relieve me of worry and this product did that.
I can't recommend them enough if you are not a technical web designer and you want to build an amazingly good site with support from their Aritificial Intelligence tool - AI (AIDA they call it).

Pros

They loved the intuitive AIDA approach. I was going to dish out $4000 on a new site, but they had it up and running within 6 to 7 hours utilizing all the old outdated website good stuff for copy and upgrading some new ideas easily while having a great new refreshed brand look that our clients commented on as we represent their brands when recruiting staff for them. www.execusource.ca is the new site. The old Search Firm (Staffing Corp) site was http://www.execusourcegroup.com/

Cons

I know I have allot of Wordpress plugsint that are not useable with it, but who care.

Christopher B.
Industry: Financial Services

Customer Focused on the forefront

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Clean, sharp website a site that will drive traffic and customers. Once I eliminate the sub domain it will be complete. for the price its an unbeatable value!

Pros

The support by far is impeccable, I have had to wait for no longer than a few minutes for a response from someone . They are willing to help with issues, of understanding & best use of work around solutions. They are not only customer focused but solution focused as well. My experience is only with the free version currently and look forward to upgrading, they have helped me achieve initial results in 2 weeks time frame of a site. They have e-learning classes and tools to help you get the most out of your experience & I definitely recommend using them. There are a lot of companies out there that could learn something from this company...

Cons

I think the only con I have is the use of their 3rd party modules. I think they would be better off creating the modules in house so that they have the control and access to assist & more readily available. That's truly it because they have resolved every issue or question I have had.

Response from Bookmark

Thank you Christopher, we're happy to help you get your website off the ground and assist you in anyway.

Terry C.

Excellent product feature rich website builder

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

Beautiful website, easy to update and change around my content.

Pros

I've reached many website builders and found this one to be the easiest to use as the AI software builds your website for you and its beautiful. After my site was built I spent another hour adding my images and words and was ready to go.

Cons

I don't have any negative aspects yet to report. I have been happy with the service and would recommend it to anyone.

Response from Bookmark

Thank you Terry, we're happy to have taken care of your needs. Appreciate the kind words.

Linda E.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

If you want fast, you'll get fast!

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Bookmark is a great tool to use for a business website and e-commerce. It's fast and easy to use. I'm pretty satisfied and definitely will be using them for my clients websites.

Pros

What I like most about Bookmark is how easy it is to build a premium website and how fast the website is. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

The cons of Bookmark is you can't add modules to Focuses and you can't use your own fonts. They need improvement on how video module displays.

Pilar H.
Industry: Cosmetics

My Favorite Website development

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

So far so good!

Pros

Bookmark have a lot of features that is for me very important for the kind of work that I do. I did my Website fast and professional without any problems.

Cons

They need probably to add more features on the premium websites, because when you click on widget you need to update to business.

Sarai C.
Industry: Events Services

Nice and Easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

I really love BookMark and have high hopes for whats to come. I can easily create a new website from start to finish even if I have no design or coding experience at all. My only grip is for a semi advanced user (not a developer), the automatic use of AIDA is sometimes a little annoying and I would rather build my sites from scratch.

Besides building from scratch to be able to place the exact things I want from jump, I would love the option to be able to view PREVIEWS of the sites AIDA can build for you. As the way it is now, it's kind of just rolling the dice on what you will get. The good thing is you can ALWAYS "roll the dice again" if you don't get what you like, and Bookmark will even save the previous created site for you incase you want to go back to it. This is still time consuming tho. You could also spend a lot of time removing the elements that you don't want from the generated template.

BookMark being "New", it still has some kinks to work out within the system, but support is GREAT and I believe they will continue to improve quickly.

Pros

With SSL included and the AIDA System (Artificial Intelligence Design System), BookMark makes it virtually impossible to mess up the steps to creating your new website.

Cons

As a more advanced user, I sometimes would also like to start from scratch building a site without using the AIDA system.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Build Your Website Bookmark

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/17

With Bookmark, it is possible to build manage your website within minutes. I have used it to build a handful of websites of my own. It is reliable

Pros

Bookmark requires virtually no coding knowledge to operate. That is incredible. It provides a fast and easy way to build your website and get it running. It also provides a platform where you can reach out to more and more clients and customers. It is awesome. It is user-friendly

Cons

It is quite expensive, especially for small businesses. The rate at which they charge month to month is higher than what they charge for a round year. This makes the initial offering really expensive

Mat K.
Industry: Automotive

This is the easiest website building a platform I have ever seen

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Overall this platform has a ton of potential and for someone who is a small business owner, or someone that wants to build a personal branding site, this is a very robust tool that will make your life so much easier.

Most of the hard work when it comes to building the website is getting the frame work done and bookmark does all of that for you. This literally saved me 20 hours of work.

Pros

My favorite thing about the platform as that you can give it a general overview of the type of site you want, and then you can give the artificial intelligence direction by choosing clean, bright, modern and within 30 seconds my entire frame work was done.

Cons

You cannot edit and build from an iPad. Most website builders don’t have that capability either but if they offered it, this would be perfect.

Jennifer H.
Industry: Consumer Services

BookMark

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/10

My overall experience has been life easier and more helpful when I need to get back to certain websites or documents. It's a overall trusted so far and great software to use for your browsers.

Pros

Best thing about Bookmark is having all your pages, documents, pictures, anything you can think of bookmark keeps it on your browser. I constantly use this software being on the internet to keep all my pages that I want and need.

Cons

No cons or anything I can list that I can complain about. I've never lost anything I've had in my Bookmarks

Serge C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

wonderful time-saving tool for web site owners & designers

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

I've designed my business web site with Bookmark. The ease of use and the inclusion of the hosting platform have enabled me to focus on my content and my customers. I will never ever again waste my time with a CMS and a hosting company.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact it relives me from having to find a hosting company, pay for a plan, install and manage, secure, maintain a CMS and a data base. This is so much simpler and much more efficient. Bookmark allows me to focus on my content and my business rather than wasting my time with my infrastructure.

Cons

Really, there is nothing that I don't like. Bookmark is already excellent and will mature over time. I am looking forward to the enhancements and new features.

Industry: Management Consulting

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

A best-in-class all-round website builder. Definitely one of the best out there.

Pros

- Very easy to use
- Extremely intuitive
- quick & professional themes
- quick hosting
- Support is committed

Cons

- I do like to have a bit more features, like the ability to change CSS in elements
- Export a website as HTML / CSS

Suraya J.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Bookmark review

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall Bookmark has made it very simple to get an online store up and running in a couple days!

Pros

I really like how easy it was to get started and the chat feature to assist you when needed.

Cons

I found the shipping feature through E-commerce a bit tricky to adjust on different products.