Hero

Student behavior management software for K-12 schools

Shatanner

PBIS easy as pie with Hero!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

With HERO our school can track behaviors that we must address and with our PBIS system operating in an efficient manner, we can reward promptly.

Pros

So easy to track our school's behaviors and the technical support responds immediately. I appreciate being able to read outcomes of schools nationwide who are experiencing success with Hero.

Cons

At this time the single complaint that I am experiencing is probably updates with the system as on occasion, I am unable to access from the school computer, yet am able to access from my personal phone.

I really enjoy using HERO.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

The students like when I am monitoring the kindergarten hallway and tell them that they are going to get a point. Once I comment on one kindergarten students excellent behavior and tell them that they are going to get a point everyone shapes up immediately. I wish there was a way to display all kindergarten students on a tablet by class, so I could quickly give them a point based on teacher and first name specifically for monitoring the hallway and I also think this would be an excellent tool for our cafeteria staff.

Pros

I like that I can select my whole class then deselect the students that did not earn the points. I also like that I can reward my students at the end of the week for their positive behavior. I also think it is great that I am able to use the app on my cell phone, so I am able to award points to students that are not in my class as I monitor the halls in the morning.

Cons

When I select my whole class then deselect those students that did not display that behavior, I wish I could adjust the level of points earned for each student between 1 to 5.

Krystal

It's ok

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

The idea of the system to track points is great. It's a solid way of collecting data and making sure we are reaching our students.

Cons

The app still does not function correctly on phones. We have used this for two years now with the promise that we will be able to use our phones to run the program but there always seems to be something wrong with it so we have to use it from the website and with a barcode scanner.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Every Teacher Needs This!

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

As a 4th grade teacher, student behavior is always a challenge. Sometimes it is hard to always recognize the good behavior and acknowledge them as well. Hero has simplified my behavior system and helped me keep track of a lot of different things. Easy to use and very convenient for anyone to use. My students, staff members, and I have all been very happy with Hero.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes and I lose data and have to start over. (Doesn't happen too often) Overall great though!

John
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

I love HERO program and software. I use it daily for my students' behavior.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

I enjoy tracking my students on a daily basis and sharing it with them for future celebrations and behavior reinforcement.

Pros

I like the easy access at any time during my school day and the ability to see my students' points as they increase and share that with them.

Cons

Very rarely, but sometimes there is a lag or it does not work. Very rarely. Other than that, it's great.

Improvements in Hero

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

I appreciate the improvements that have been made on hero over the past few years. I feel like they have listened to the customers and made changes to help with the ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes giving out points can be cumbersome. The app does not work correctly, it’s much easier to use the system from the website.

Ashley

Overall my experience has been positive. I like that I can target specific behaviors with Hero.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

I like that it is easy to use for me and my students. My students have learned how to give themselves points and are very excited when they are able to. It also allows students to be actively involved and has been really motivating for my students.

Cons

I do wish that there was a way to stay logged into the program for longer periods of time. Sometimes I want to award my students points only to find that I have been logged out and it's time consuming to log out again.

Tina

Hero is an excellent program to use with our school's Positive Behavior programs.

Reviewed on 2017/08/11

This software helps our school to teach students to work towards a larger goal.

This software helps our school to teach students to work towards a larger goal.

Pros

It is easy to use. It allows students to work towards a larger goal over time instead of constant expectation of small rewards.

Cons

The program is occasionally slow. I would like to see it work faster at times. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Jolene

HERO

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Pros

This software provides users with an effective way of tracking student behaviors and reviewing the results to determine where and how changes need to be made.

Cons

The software does run slow sometimes, however, this also depends on the amount of people using the program at the same time.

Easy way to reward students for wanted behaviors. Really boost positive culture

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

Super easy to use. You can just scan students in using their school IDs. Rewards students instantly that they can turn in to things they want.

Cons

When it goes down, there is no really easy way to reward students except the old fashion way. When it does go down, it doesn't stay down for long. You also have to have a good internet connection to have it work correctly and quickly

Manuela

The system that all have access to is easy to use and award points but accessing data our way...

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I like that the program allows us to provide staff with parameters while still allowing us the flexibility to let them individualize according to their needs and desires.

Cons

I don't like that it is currently not compatible with our Aeries because it would facilitate data recording and allow us to focus on the positive aspects that Hero allows for. I also would like it if we were able to access usage data in a percentile format i.e. we have staff with smaller number of students they see per day compared to others and awarding points each period but when I run report, their numbers are significantly smaller because it is based on total points awarded NOT percentile of points awarded .

John

Hero Changes Schools Culture

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I love hero. It allows me to reward student for wanted behaviors in the classroom. The students gets immediate positive feedback and positive behaviors are reinforced. It is not easy to get everyone to buy into it at first but once they see the positive things that can arise it becomes a super effective tool for any classroom.

Pros

The software is easy to use and extremely effective in obtain the results that are desired

Cons

Too easy to use. Sometimes can get carried away with rewarding behaviors that students

Karessa
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Hero is easy to use and a great way to shift your focus from negative to positive.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Hero is an easy-to-use solution to a school-wide reward system. In addition to providing positive feedback to our students, it can also be used to track tardies, ID violations, dress code violations, etc.

Pros

It is easy to implement school-wide to gain the most benefit. On our campus, teachers focus on awarding positive Hero points while the administrative team oversees the tardy, ID and dress code violations. I love being able to focus my attention on the positive things happening in my classroom and on our campus.

Cons

Our biggest challenge is allowing co-teachers the rights to view the entire class so they can easily give points.

Sabrina

HERO Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

It's been great to see our students and staff get excited about HERO.

It's been great to see our students and staff get excited about HERO.

Pros

The opportunity to track positive student behavior and provide incentives through our HERO store.

Cons

I would like some more reporting options...maybe teacher use by grade level, etc.

Resourceful, powerful

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

An easy tool to implement that reinforces positive behavior while also correcting inappropriate behavior.

Cons

nothing really. There is a learning curve for all parties involved; administrators, users and the students.

Mark
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

If you want to be positive in the classroom, focus on the positive.

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

They rewards and the community of feedback from other users.

They rewards and the community of feedback from other users.

Pros

The multiple ways that it can be catered to different teaching styles. Some teachers collect with clipboard tallies and enter later, some scan ID's on lanyards, I use a poster of temporary ID's and draw attention to the process of the rewards so that students know when the points have been allocated.

Christine

I think it is a great program and it worked very well at motivating our students.

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

It was easy to use and find students names. The students were able to give themselves points in out classrooms because we have smartboards.

Cons

I would like to be able to give more points at a time to each student instead of having to redo it each time. It would make it easier when you get busy and can't log them in immediately. Would also make it easier if everyone in the school had access to all students without having to search for them. Made it difficulty for resource teachers to give out points.

Marlowe

Quick Easy Tracking

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

It is very nice to be able to track positive and negative experiences with the students, their parents can log in and see how their kid is doing.

Pros

it's fairly easy to use and straight forward. It has all of the student's contact information in the system so that makes it nice for teachers to be able to call home if needed.

Cons

This system is able to track behaviors and we are able to give students incentives. The only thing I don't like about it is if you make a mistake its a lot of steps to right the problem.

Brenda

I use HERO every day to document positive student behavior

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Love the reward system that can be adapted to this software

Love the reward system that can be adapted to this software

Pros

I can look at each month and see how many points I've awarded each month to each individual students.

Cons

I wish I could create more of a 'setting chart' layout to the list of my students. I would also like to select more than one 'behavior' at a time.

Nicole

Hero has CHANGED our campus. Our teachers have bought into it because it's so easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to select an entire class at a time. It makes it pretty easy to keep the class on a roll if they're all meeting expectations.

Cons

The whole class selection isn't available on the mobile app. I do like the ability to scan student IDs

orlando

exciting

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Pros

easy to use, our teachers love it , we have 100% by in from our teachers.....yeaaaaaa! looking forward to 2017-2018 school year

Cons

only teachers can pull up their class, as a counselor its difficult. Sometimes it makes me delay entering my HERO points

I love to use hero.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

It's a great way for me to involve my students in their behavior monitoring. Students enjoy the rewards and so do I.

Cons

I can't use it on my phone the way that I would like to. I have to use my computer in order to give points.

james

An amazing experience that allows students to be rewarded for great behavior, a great...

Reviewed on 2017/07/22

Student positive behavior has increased and students that would normally be unnoticed are being rewarded.

Pros

It allows for instant positive tracking. Students and parents can know that their behavior is being noticed. Kids that normally go unnoticed are being rewarded for awesome behavior.

Cons

I have not found there to be anything that has been a problem so far. The ease of the software is a huge plus.

Brittany
Brittany
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Easy to use and works well within the classroom.

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

I love how it has the capability to be customized by administration and tailor it to the student population within your school. Currently my school focuses on the positive students are doing within the school and classroom vs. the negative. Aesthetically it is nice to look at, user friendly, and holds students accountable.

Cons

One thing I like the least about this software is that I would like access to be able to contact parents through HERO, which is a feature. Unfortunately that is more on the administrative side vs. the program side. There really aren't any flaws I have discovered so far and I truly love using the software as a form of classroom management and rewarding students.

JoJo

Hero at Highlands

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Pros

The ease of monitoring the great things are students are doing.

Cons

Sometimes my phone will act up or the wifi isn't great so I may have troubles logging on