Student behavior management software for K-12 schools

4,5
4,6
Terrence W.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Hero K12 has been amazing since we've rolled it out at LMS. Teachers, students and parents love it.

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Positive school behavior is catching on and students are doing better.

Pros

I enjoy the positive behavior reporting. Students are now able to find rewards for their hardwork. Additionally, staff can use the software to review their students behavior.

Cons

I wish we were about to track incidents more efficiently. I also do not like what the handheld offer.... the use of your smartphone is more practical.

Edgar R.

We have gained momentun in shifting the culture at our campus and building a positive community.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

We have increased the engagment in the classroom and are reducing the negative actions. Students are getting used to the positive expectations. We are facilitating more rather than responsing to negative behavior.

Pros

We like the fact that it is web based and we can access it from anywhere. As as administrator, it is a great way to interact with students and give them points at the same time. At lunch, they see us taking our phones out and they know we are issuing points! They sure have their ID ready to scan! Teachers love it because they can now recognize students for displaying positive behavior in the classroom. It is starting to encourage students that would not likely participate be an active member of the classroom. It is easy enough to use that, teachers that are hesitant to use this new technology, are adapting positively. The equipment is simple to use also. Students love the incentives, teachers like being recognized for using it (ie. lunch on the principal), and parents are stating that their child talk about HERO K-12 at home. This year we are opening our VIP Lounge. Our campus is only going to get better. Overall it is fantastic!!! You can follow us on Twitter to see what is trending at our campus at #ccmsthisishowwedoit or #ccmsbethat1person.

Jennifer S.
Industry: Writing & Editing

HERO Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Pros

HERO is allows our school to track tardies and positive behaviors. The students are parents are able to create a log in to track the students' behaviors.

Cons

HERO does not allow teachers to take attendance or track grades. This is another system for teachers to use to keep track of information. It is an overpriced system that could be reduced to handing out cheap tickets in the hallways.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

James H.
Industry: Education Management

An unbelievable change in tardies and school atmosphere in the minutes after the tardy bell.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

global tracking of positive and negative behaviors. being able to have students "spend" their points for rewards at the hero store. being able to use an app to scan student ID's (apple and android).

Cons

I guess the biggest downfall really is the lag time I sometimes get when trying to record points for my students. Also, it seems like it takes just one click too many to record the points.

Caitlin O.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

I like that I can track so many behaviors (both positive and negative-tardy). I also like that when I track the behavior of a student, I can see what behavioral step they are on. The student search function is also handy. It's nice to be able to find students throughout the entire school.

Cons

It takes you through a lot of steps to mark a behavior.

As a Teacher

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Students are wearing school gear, coming to class on time, just doing the right thing to get points and it makes others want them too.

Pros

The program is very easy to use. I am liking the new features to give students multiple points that they are doing in the class.

Cons

Not being able to create my own class for enrichment class I have look up each student to give them points.

James W.

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

it allows teachers to reward and challenge students to improve their behavior

Cons

no complaints yet, i haven't had any issues that have been a problem

Industry: Sports

A great program to motivate students.

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Hero has helped with reducing tardies.

Pros

It is easy to use and very easy to track student behaviors.

Cons

Sometimes it lags when i try to enter points.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I have enjoyed using Hero

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

The ease of having students receive positive reinforcement and seeing their pride when they do. I also like how they can find their scores quickly,

Cons

Trying to fill out an incident report. The form is too challenging and confusing. Also it is hard to find certain aspects of the program

HERO is a HERO

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

I like the HERO software because it is user friendly. There is a lot of support options and the customer service is excellent!

Cons

I wish there was a quicker to assign points to a group of students.

James B.
Industry: Education Management

Students have responded for me in an extremely positive way.

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Great Classroom Control!!!

Pros

I love that the program rewards positive behaviors and changes the climate of my classroom. I have almost eliminated all classroom disruption. I do not have to do anything to keep my classroom under control. I actually have students that volunteer to do things that they would never have done before. I actually have students who stay behind and clean up my room and organize papers to get those valuable HERO points!!!

Cons

For several months, I wanted the ability to edit the program for my school. Some things were not working properly, but it was due to administration in action and not a fault of the program itself.

I do wish that the photo scanner would be upgraded. It is difficult to scan ID tags with the app open.

Jamila I.

wonderful

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

The benefits inlcude positive feedback, rewards, and motivation for the students.

Pros

What I like most about the site is it makes it easy for me to complete my challenges in order to get the free stuff. It also allows me to give positive feedback to my students. I like the fact that the software makes it convienient. The school is able to implement a program that is helpful for students and the staff. The principal is able to take time to give positive feedback to the students as well. The students are able to gain stuff for behaving in school. It's difficult to always focus on teh negative in the school. The software allows me to focus on the positivie.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about the software. The software has been easy to work and very manageable to the school. The software makes it easy for teachers, administrators, parents, and students to see thier progress. It may be easier if the software wasn't just a browser, but also an app that can be easily accessed. The app can be easily accessible on the computer, cellphone, or any other smart device.

Kathleen H.

We use Hero K12 at our school to encourage the students in good behavior as well as being on time.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

It helps to motivate my students in forming good classroom behavior habits. The students are rewarded for getting to the classroom on time and for being prepared to learn in a number of different ways. The students earn points for exhibiting good habits/behavior which they use to earn admission to a special activity about twice every 9 week grading period.

Pros

Hero K12 is ab;e and willing to customize the system to the desires and needs of the individual school. This helps us in creating the system that supports the goals and aims of our leadership team.

Cons

It will sometimes take a while for a new student to show up in the system. This may actually be due to our district's system interface with Hero K12.

Crystal G.

My Hero

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

I like that I can track student behavior in a positive way. I like that students are motivated to do well, so they work really hard at it. I like that we can also track troublesome behaviors discreetly and that the administration received the alerts to manage negative student behaviors, without requiring communication from me.

Cons

I think the program is difficult to manage outside of the classroom, unless you have a scanner. The program also is not as user friendly as it could be, which interferes with my teaching, as it takes a lot of time to perform the log entries for a large class.

Industry: Education Management

I really enjoy using HERO.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

The students like when I am monitoring the kindergarten hallway and tell them that they are going to get a point. Once I comment on one kindergarten students excellent behavior and tell them that they are going to get a point everyone shapes up immediately. I wish there was a way to display all kindergarten students on a tablet by class, so I could quickly give them a point based on teacher and first name specifically for monitoring the hallway and I also think this would be an excellent tool for our cafeteria staff.

Pros

I like that I can select my whole class then deselect the students that did not earn the points. I also like that I can reward my students at the end of the week for their positive behavior. I also think it is great that I am able to use the app on my cell phone, so I am able to award points to students that are not in my class as I monitor the halls in the morning.

Cons

When I select my whole class then deselect those students that did not display that behavior, I wish I could adjust the level of points earned for each student between 1 to 5.

Scot M.

I use Hero in my classroom every day. Students earn Hero points for meeting classroom expectations.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

My school has seen major reductions in tardies and increases in positive behavior. I use Hero to motivate my students to follow my classroom procedures, to do well on tests and quizzes, and to do the little extra things that help everyone to get along as a group.

Pros

Hero has provided my school with a mechanism to incentivize positive behavior by students. The culture change has been dramatic. Our tardies are way down and our students look for ways to do the right thing. The combination of web access and a mobile app makes Hero convenient to use in the classroom.

Cons

The user interface on the website is not very efficient. The alphabetical listing in rows instead of columns makes it slow and inconvenient to find student names. The need to enter information on three separate pages, each of which is often slow to load, makes it time-consuming to enter points.

Leeann R.

My Hero is your Hero

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Love it!!

Pros

Students love Hero Points and work hard for them. They are able to buy sports tickets, spirit gear and snacks in our after school Hero Store. Students earn Hero points for positive behavior and they love it. Especially the students that have discipline issues, they love to see the points go up and it gives them encouragement to do better

Cons

Sometimes the web site is super slow and it is a deterrence for other teachers to use.

James B.

HERO has changed the way that I manage my classroom.

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

This program allows me to give positive and negative points based on student behavior. Students can cash out their points for rewards from the front office. It also allows me to track and monitor problem students and focus on them for interventions.

Cons

The report generators could use a lot of help. Sometimes I would like to narrow my searches. The current program does not allow for that.

Sitembiso N.

Hero is easy to use and allows the user to be specific about what the hero points are for.

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Hero enables easy classroom management. Students tend to exhibit positive behaviors because the point-system is a reinforcer of positive behaviors while reducing unwanted behaviors. Inadvertently, hero enables the inculcation of positive interactions among students and adults, and the development of social skills necessary for students to function as responsible citizens both locally and globally.

Pros

I like that I can target specific behavior by rewarding positive behaviors through a point system.

Cons

I can not give the points in retrospect. At the end of the day, if I did not get time to award the points, I cannot go back to do so.

Manuela M.
Industry: Education Management

The system that all have access to is easy to use and award points but accessing data our way hard

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

I like that the program allows us to provide staff with parameters while still allowing us the flexibility to let them individualize according to their needs and desires.

Cons

I don't like that it is currently not compatible with our Aeries because it would facilitate data recording and allow us to focus on the positive aspects that Hero allows for. I also would like it if we were able to access usage data in a percentile format i.e. we have staff with smaller number of students they see per day compared to others and awarding points each period but when I run report, their numbers are significantly smaller because it is based on total points awarded NOT percentile of points awarded .

Cassandra R.

Early Bird points

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

I really like it. The students want to have avatars though instead of ID pictures.

Pros

The early bird points are easy to give for students that arrive on time for class. I have seen students arrive promptly to get points. Rewarding punctuality often deters tardiness.

Cons

I really wish the app scanning feature didn't stick and I could easily scan students at the door upon entry.

Shatanner M.
Industry: Education Management

PBIS easy as pie with Hero!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

With HERO our school can track behaviors that we must address and with our PBIS system operating in an efficient manner, we can reward promptly.

Pros

So easy to track our school's behaviors and the technical support responds immediately. I appreciate being able to read outcomes of schools nationwide who are experiencing success with Hero.

Cons

At this time the single complaint that I am experiencing is probably updates with the system as on occasion, I am unable to access from the school computer, yet am able to access from my personal phone.

Chelsea G.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Every Teacher Needs This!

Reviewed on 2018/11/26

Pros

As a 4th grade teacher, student behavior is always a challenge. Sometimes it is hard to always recognize the good behavior and acknowledge them as well. Hero has simplified my behavior system and helped me keep track of a lot of different things. Easy to use and very convenient for anyone to use. My students, staff members, and I have all been very happy with Hero.

Cons

Sometimes it freezes and I lose data and have to start over. (Doesn't happen too often) Overall great though!

John L.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

I love HERO program and software. I use it daily for my students' behavior.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

I enjoy tracking my students on a daily basis and sharing it with them for future celebrations and behavior reinforcement.

Pros

I like the easy access at any time during my school day and the ability to see my students' points as they increase and share that with them.

Cons

Very rarely, but sometimes there is a lag or it does not work. Very rarely. Other than that, it's great.

Improvements in Hero

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

I appreciate the improvements that have been made on hero over the past few years. I feel like they have listened to the customers and made changes to help with the ease of use.

Cons

Sometimes giving out points can be cumbersome. The app does not work correctly, it’s much easier to use the system from the website.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10