Drift

Live chat & in-app messaging for sales & marketing

Andrey
Andrey
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

A modern way to connect with your customers

Reviewed on 2018/09/30

I still use Drift and will do further.

I still use Drift and will do further.

Pros

I implemented Drift in my website. The reason is not just I want to connect with my customers. but to show them that behind that e-commerce store there is a real person.
Nowadays, people loves connecting by others by typing what they need or what questions they have.
I use Drift app on my smartphone so I can answer fast to my customers.

Cons

My suggestion is to offer an option to choice louder or another sound notification when there is a user on the other side. Very often I can't hear that someone has just sent me a question. And then I miss the opportunity to answer.

Ramon
Ramon

One of the most appealing, beautiful and expensive website chats on the market

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

- Providing a beautiful and direct contact option directly on my website
- Direct targeting of...

- Providing a beautiful and direct contact option directly on my website
- Direct targeting of specific customers groups with chat messages, emails and pop-ups
-> Increasing the number of leads & sales

Pros

- The design of the chat widget is gorgeous. It works on any browser and every mobile phone, I've tried, like a charm. With other chat widgets, I had lots of issues that it hasn't been displayed always correctly.
- Advanced bot and automation capabilities based on tags and other attributes
- Live view of prospects on your website with direct contact via web chat functionality
- Outbound marketing (sending sequences and tracking of emails) with their drift Gmail extension.

Cons

- Drift is quite expensive for what they offer. I'm one of the happy customers, which has gotten a startup license of the pro plan for a fraction of the normal price. Even with the pro plan, you have unnecessary restrictions like customization of the chat widget with CSS and using the smaller version. Most of the enterprise features as account-based marketing are great for any startup. Why isn't just the support by Drift and the quantity of usage restricted? Why do I have to see the restrictions within your account always and cannot just hide them if I cannot afford? Are they in need of that kind of marketing?
- The calendar cannot be completely translated into the language of your choice and you can't use a custom domain.
- Help center is branded with drift, even if your plan support branding free chat widget.
- I've received lots of emails from Drift about their Hypergrowth Conference (at least 10 in the last few months), which is quite annoying, no matter how personal and funny they have been written.
- I receive quite some emails regarding extensions of the core product like Drift Signature and Drift Help Center, but I've never gotten an update what has changed in the core product. After a while looking into the bot creation section, I've been flabbergasted that the whole design of the visual builder has changed, without me receiving any message about the advantages the new design and process brings with it.

Olivier

Not a good way to do business

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Just an awful approach to customer service and the worse experience with a vendor after 15 years in IT. We have lost a couple of months because of them, and we are now going with another solution, which is 7x cheaper plus delivers most of the features, if not the fanciest ones.

Pros

The advanced features are interesting but they lack some of the basics

Cons

The main issue is not the software, but the way drift does business. I am taking the time to write this review because there should be consequences to a firm reputation when they are misleading people.

1. Drift refused any free trial and only accepted to provide a tech demo where we were told everything would be fine

2. After sign up, we got ZERO access to the implementation team, which service was included in the price, and support did not answer emails, refused to do anything but chat, could not provide any clear tech guidance. Really poor.

3. We were overcharged and had to send emails all over the organization to get that point resolved after weeks. I got other things to do.

4. During the implementation, it turned out that the critical feature we had been told was included (routing).... was only available if we agreed to pay 3x more than the cost we had been quoted. And Drift is expensive in the first place when compared to pretty much any other chat solution.

5. So after losing a month+ in the process, Drift accepted to cancel the subscription BUT still charged us and refused to refund the initial month

6. We are talking about small money here (1k or something), and Drift can keep the change if their team feels they need to.

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 6-12 months

Drift is a high quality chat platform with a significant load time

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Drift has a lot of great features, and although it can be confusing at first, it is well worth the effort. My only complaint (and the only reason I wouldn't use it at this time) would be the significant increase in load time on my websites, which caused me to look elsewhere for a better solution.

Pros

I inherited drift from my predecessor, and immediately found it to be a very powerful and useful platform. It offered simple chat solutions, sent follow-up emails to people who didn't see your chat automatically, and provided numerous other useful features. It had a simple chat window that caught people's attention and generated chats, all of which we found very useful for our needs

Cons

Drift has a couple key problems - one being the overly simplistic and confusing backend UI. For users, there were just so many options on the admin side of things, and using it, I immediately felt lost and confused. This likely would have been different if I'd been part of the team that set it up, but starting to use the platform required quite a learning curve to customize it to our needs.

Perhaps more significantly, I used Drift for a period of time while updating my companies website - and upon switching to Wordpress and using Drift, I started to notice a significant increase in load time - with lighthouse & gtmetrix revealing a significant load time (I believe it was over 1.3 seconds of load time) caused by Drift's code. Needless to say, load time is key in website conversions, so I switched away from the platform pretty quick after that.

Response from Drift

Darien,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. This feedback is really important to ensuring we can improve for our customers. I'd love the opportunity to introduce you to our produce team if you'd be open to chatting more. Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

Dan
Dan
  • Industry: Human Resources

This has been a great tool to improve website conversion.

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We purchased Drift to help our website convert more visitors, we definitely saw an uptick in conversions even if you take into account the amount of form fills it enviably cannibalized.

Pros

Drift is easy to implement and a extremely powerful tool for increasing conversion on your website by directly engaging visitors.

Cons

If you're looking to engage your entire Salesforce in using this tool, it can be quite expensive to purchase the seats. Also, it's not all that flexible if you're not trying to use it in a relatively specific way.

Chris
Chris

Easy (and free) way to add chat to your website!

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

The pros over at Drift get IT! They have provided a great chat tool that is super clean, easy to use, and it just works. I run an e-commerce website and there's no doubt that having Drift in place has boosted my sales. It is a great way to capture new email addresses as well, which I have used in follow up marketing sequences, thus resulting in additional sales. Can't say enough about this software, I really enjoy it.

Cons

Everything isn't free! But, I get it. The additional features are worth paying for, and I will be at that point on my site soon. Looking forward to it!

Tamás
Tamás

You can fell in love with a SaaS product.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

Drift is the world's first and only conversational marketing platform. You can talk to your best leads real time on your page and create super personalized messages to get in contact with them.

Cons

Its features mostly are created for the US market and some parts of the software can't be used in my Hungarian language. But honestly, I can't really mention anything bad. The team shifts monthly new features. They are super fast!

Melanie
Melanie

So Much More Than a Simple Chatbot

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

We have made use of Drift to replace the standard static contact forms on a number of client sites in various, very different niches, including real estate, banking, recruiting and direct sales. The results have been very positive thus far. It is easier for live reps to follow up with leads, emails are not being missed or overlooked and the chatbots themselves add an interactive dimension that seems to be far more engaging for visitors

Pros

Drift is intuitive and adds value to almost any site. The application is currently running on several of my clients' sites (under my management) with great success. Case in point. A Realtor client began an interaction with a site visitor browsing for information on his market in general. Via Drift several conversations led to the sale of a home. No email contact form can match that!

Cons

The iPhone app is not always as responsive as I'd like - better notifications would help - but on the whole, my experience with Drift so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

Ishan
Ishan

Makes customer interaction easy!!

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

I am enjoying drift as it helps my customers to directly drop in a chat whenever they have any queries, this has reduced the number of support calls I used to get before drift.

Pros

It's ability to post internal notes that only your team members can see. It really helps during troubleshooting.

Cons

The mobile app is a little confusing at times and it takes time in refreshing, it doesn't auto refresh and doesn't display the recent chats on it's own.

Lana
Lana
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Wonderful product with interesting features

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

From my point of view this product is absolutely complete that ensures all my working tasks going on in a steady way. Moreover, I can easily view the status if my agents through its magnificent properties and features to accommodate all the tasks in a required time period.

Pros

This useful tool has third party integrations that allow me to access data in a more useful way in order to get beneficial outcomes from it with less time spent. Another feature that is of my interest is the unique playbook feature of this amazing product that helps me to lessen the workload from my shoulders and enables me to have a concentration on all the important tasks.

Cons

By getting all the unique features and functionalities I can not think of anything offensive in it that could worsen my experience on it. I failed to find anything to complain about it.

Moseph
Moseph

Drift Ninja

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

I've become a convert for Drift. I really dig how flexible the tool is. While the free version is very basic, there's so much you can do with it using its API. For mid-level customers, while it doesn't include full automation, the targeting is very robust. And the pro level, which I use, has all the bot automaton you could dream of.

Pros

There's a lot one could write here but having some experience with similar products, I can confidently say my favorite Drift feature is its data export capability. Drift's internal dashboard reporting is useful for day to day high-level metrics, but being able to export the data and dig through it to find meaningful metrics that drive decisions on messaging strategy has made Drift stand out among its competitors. The bot builder is unparalleled and their enterprise integrations are very robust.

Cons

I use the product just about every day, but I would my least favorite thing is their pricing structure. The pricing page on their site can be pretty confusing to someone comparison shopping.

Response from Drift

Hi Moseph,

Wow. Thank you, we are flattered. I'm thrilled to hear you're happy on all fronts, and it's giving you what you need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you! Thanks again!

All the best-

Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Josh
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Essential Automatiin Tool, Faster Time to Value with Inbounding

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

Excellent, would not have a solid inbound routing experience without a similar tool as Drift

Pros

Conversation routing by Company HQ and State rather than just the site visitors geographic location. This is important since our sales team segments by Company HQ and Annual Revenue

Cons

No ability to route countries other than US and Canada by state and/or territory. The entire continent of Australia can only be tagged as such in conversation routing. You have to build a playbook that asks the customer what territory they live in which creates a longer automated process for the site visitor. Also there is no option to segment by city which would be helpful for large city territories like Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco etc

Response from Drift

Hi Josh, thanks for taking the time to review Drift! Your suggestions around our routing capabilities are really helpful and I'll be sure to share with the product team!

- Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

Jen
Jen

2 years strong

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Very positive. The changing of hands in team members has been difficult, but the software is intuitive enough to be supportive independent of people at times.

Pros

The team and the development of the tool. The people are incredible. They are helpful, involved, and genuinely enthusiastic.

Cons

Being an early adopter, the best practices weren’t written well into our first few years and the software itself has gone through impressive, but drastic change.

Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Drift

Price and ability to get in early
Mike

Prime tool for connecting with potential customers

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Drift has a ton of features and customizations that make live chat a major sales generator for us. Drift is especially good at allowing you to fine-tune the rules for determining what chat messages get sent to whom.

Pros

Great web chat functionality, email automation, and it connects very well with the other sales tools we use.

Cons

It's a bit pricey compared to other tools but we definitely get good value from it. The app is buggier and support is not as good as I would like, which I feel is due to their fast growth recently.

Response from Drift

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm sorry you've run into some challenges with bugs + support. We are currently expanding our support team, if you have some specific feedback on your experience, please don't hesitate to drop me a note at [email protected]. Thanks again.

Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Live Chat Platform that suits my needs.

Reviewed on 2022/07/14

There has been a lot of platform development in recent years.
Newer look and better android app...

There has been a lot of platform development in recent years.
Newer look and better android app for example. I remember when the Drift android app had quite a lot of bugs, but now many have been fixed.
I am confident in future development and still choose Drift as my primary choice of Live Chat Platform.

Pros

Live chat and Playbook work well, and widgets are easy to install.

Cons

There are no problems with functionality, but in my opinion, the customization options are still not enough. I would like more widget customization options, such as the ability to add a background image to the Live Chat widget.

Response from Drift

Thank you for the feedback! Love that you're having a positive experience using Drift. I would highly recommend reaching out to your CSM about more customization options so that they can relay this information to the product team.

Powerful Tool but needs care and feeding

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

We have booked meetings via Drift bot. We in marketing see the value for sure and will continue to use features and functionality as a part of our demand gen and ABM efforst.

Pros

I love the ability to set up multiple chat bots/playbooks based on use cases. The ability to engage with a target account real time is invaluable. So we're trying to keep it simple, yet also set up playbooks specific to our campaign objectives and quarterly themes but the up keep has proven to be challenging. The option to also use converstional pages is awesome and integrating those into ABM programs has been exciting.

Cons

A lot of up keep required in the tool to keep it up to date and effective. Also need to train and remind sales teams often to close conversations and manage their bots. Drafting the right copy that will capture attention and encourage engagement has been hard so constantly testing and updating copy to improve bot performance

Response from Drift

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. If interested, we have a program where we support the ongoing optimization of your playbooks. Happy to chat directly! - [email protected]

Priyanka
Priyanka

Playbooks are WOW!

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

We got some kick-ass leads using Drift. Will keep using the tool forever.

We got some kick-ass leads using Drift. Will keep using the tool forever.

Pros

I have been using Drift for more than 2 years and there is nothing I don't love about this product but I am here to talk about Playbooks today. It's amazing how you can set up custom messages to the web page visitors knowing their intent as per the content of this website. Great work!

Cons

None so far but while writing this review I realized that when I chat with my drift visitors while I type the Grammarly auto-correction does not work. It will show the error but it won't auto-correct.

Simple setup and hassle-free website chat solution

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

Easy to set up and inject directly into your homepage. Can set up routes and automated conversations (albeit this process can be streamlined/cleaned up a bit)

Cons

Software can get a little clunky - leading to significant amount of resources rendering and setting up the chat button/bubble upon website load.

Mackenzie
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

An Easy Way to Engage Website Visitors

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Overall, we have been pleased with what Drift has enabled us to do. It makes our sales engineers more accessible to interested prospects and has been successful in moving contacts through our sales funnel. I would definitely recommend this service to smaller/mid-sized organizations who have the resources to monitor the chat inbox.

Pros

First and foremost, Drift was incredibly easy to setup and integrate into our existing website using just a small snippet of code. Once it was setup, Drift has successfully engaged with countless visitors to our website who may not have otherwise remained on our site or found what they were looking for. It's scheduling features are a great way to organize and rotate "on-call" teammates.

Cons

We were excited about testing the conversational bot feature that Drift has rolled out to supplement the standard chat window. We are somewhat disappointed with the current capabilities of that feature to personalize a landing page to our branding. As a result, users experience a somewhat jarring shift to a landing page that looks nothing like your own on a completely different URL.

Catherine

Great tool to help improve customer experience!

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Improved customer experience and lead capture and nuturing tool.

Improved customer experience and lead capture and nuturing tool.

Pros

Drift is easy to use, customize and integrate into our Slack channels. We have a paid subscription with lots of benefits that fit our budget.

Cons

Not all features in Drift are customizable but working with the Drift team has been a breeze. I once made a request to implement a specific setting and 3 weeks later it was set-up and ready for us to utilize. My only wish is that the alerts would be more timely. Sometimes there is an up to 10 min. delay. For now, we have been refreshing the page/app more consistently throughout the day.

Over promise, under deliver

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

For a Robot feature on your website,​ they are not good at following up on their own tickets. This includes robot chat questions that they say they will get back to you. This forces you to email and they will get back to you, but then when there are more questions its radio silence. Then I pushed to get a call and there were takeaways and my contact was supposed to return my call post TWO conference calls and I had to push to get them to follow thru.

The system causes duplicates, all the people coming to the site are listed as site visitor with no history.

Pros

The ideas of what they wanted to software to do.

Cons

They made promises that they can't live up to

Ian
Ian
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Needs work

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

This has the ability to be a brilliant tool, and I'm impressed by the idea behind it, but the UX on the website is all over the place. I would've rated this so much higher, if the UX was better!

Pros

Writing about Drift video in specific - this has the ability to be a fantastic tool for generating leads, pitching more complex sales, and showcasing to your customers that you appreciate that they are busy people, and can watch your video at any point that they have some time.

Cons

The login process to Drift video if you've already got Drift Chat set up is so clunky, and it kicks me out nearly every single time. It's a shame as I would use this tool so much more, but sometimes it just doesnt want to let me in, and even with the correct login, it just glitches and sends you back to the login screen

Response from Drift

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your candid feedback. I'm sorry to hear that the UX is less than you'd expect from us - I'll share this feedback with the team, but should you have more specific feature requests, feel free to share them with me at [email protected] at any time.

Sarah Haberman
Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

Capitalize each visitor of your website

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

It has helped us connect better with prospects and customers visiting our website.

Pros

Drift is an intelligent way to get the most out of every visitor on your website. This leads to more sales and insights passed to our Sales and Customer Success team.

Cons

Sometimes it thinks you are someone you are not. Most of the time everything works seamlessly though.

Jamie
Jamie
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Smart live chat

Reviewed on 2021/12/13

Pros

Drift was easy to set up and is a nice and simple way to monitor live chat conversations.

Cons

There have been some issues with push notifications, chats occasionally being missed.

Response from Drift

Hi Jamie, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're glad to have you as a customer!
- Sarah Haberman, Senior Customer Advocacy Manager

Catherine

Great for Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

Pros

I love the accessibility that it gives to customer's or perspective customers to someone in the company who can quickly answer questions. Avoids wait times on phones and email.

Cons

Sometimes when we had no one online, and had an offline message turned on, it didn't always work and some customer's were unhappy because they expected a response, but no one was online.

Response from Drift

Hi Catherine! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I love that you'd be willing to recommend us...that's awesome.

As far as your con, I'd highly recommend reaching out to your CSM or [email protected] as that seems like an easy fix for routine purposes.