Eyecare Advantage

3,3
3,7
3,6
Leann A.

Compulink has the best customer service reps around!

Reviewed on 2015/08/20

Compulink is easy to use, updates are frequent and keep you up to date on changes with EHR technology and requirements. Training is always available. The best part of this software is their customer service. They are quick to return calls and go above and beyond to solve issues.

Shauna K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Compulink is very user friendly, easy to train staff

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

it works very well in an optometry office

Pros

Mostly that it is easy to use. Most screens are self explanatory and do not require a lot of explanation. Things are easy to find.

Cons

Any custom functions can be overridden in upgrades and have less support for the custom forms. As newer practice manager, learning the building of the templates and how to make changes to them can be a bit overwhelming. I have worked on the compulink system for over 11 years and some of the set ups of the system are difficult to navigate.

Taylor C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Compulink Eyecare

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Overall this software is easily to learn/use. However I would not recommend because of the constant crashing of the Compulink system. It is frustrating when you can't do your day to day tasks without the system freezing or shutting down.

Pros

This software is easy to maneuver and easily learned by new employees. You can quickly schedule patient appointments as well as access patient records of their last appointments, glasses orders, prescriptio s and payments.

Cons

This software freezes constantly! My manager was continually on the phone with Compulink customer service because our system would crash in the middle of a busy day with 5 patients in the office. If it wasnt completely down then it would freeze on a page and we would be stuck from 1-3 gours until Compulink fixed 'the bug' as we were told.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jenna S.

Long Term Client

Reviewed on 2015/09/23

Our office has been using the Compulink Advantage software for over 20years for billing purposes. We have been using them for EHR since 2009. As with all medical software, I believe is a slight learning curve, but the training and customer service Compulink provides helps make up for that. -- I have always been fairly tech savy, however, my software/script writing is not in the same league as the Compulink staff. I have definitely learned A LOT during the 5yrs I have been the office manager/Compulink contact for our office but I would have not have been able to do as much as I can now without the help from the Compulink staff. I have used their training services multiple times: a one-on-one training with a Compulink staff member is so beneficial. They answer any and all your questions and work to make sure you know how to handle the discussed situation so next time you can solve the problem on your own. However, they are available to help if you need it!

On my first day in the OM position we had to do a large version update (9 to 10 I think). The update did not go properly and I literally lost all information/data. However, the Compulink emergency staff called me back within 10mins of my phone call and worked in conjunction with our IT staff to get all data found and reloaded within one business day. I am certain, without their help we would have not gotten as many records back as we had. -- Plus, I now schedule every update with a Compulink staff member and they are always willing to run them for me!

Shannon B.

I am an Eyecare Advantage with 10+ years experience in a multi-doctor multi-location practice.

Reviewed on 2015/06/24

Eyecare Advantage is geared for the optical industry and customization of the software makes our jobs much easier. Compulink offers excellent support six days a week which puts my mind at ease that help is only a phone call away. I like the fact Compulink offers various support departments depending on my question or issue and I do not get a random CSR. If I have a meaningful use question, I get directed to a meaningful use expert. If I have a billing question, I get routed to the EDI department, etc. Compulink offers a wide variety of training opportunities from live webinars to pre-recorded courses on every aspect of the software so companies can train as they see necessary and the training is available 24/7. As milestones happen in our industry such as implementation of ICD-10, Compulink keeps clients updated with resources continually available. Compulink offers a variety of a la carte features in addition to their software product such as Demand Force for automated texts and e-mail reminders to patients, etc. The software is overall user friendly and easy to program on the back-end. I do wish I had the capability to customize reports from within the software that was much more specific to the information I want to be on one report but having said that, I can pull the information needed from the built-in reports, I may just have to run two reports instead of just one. Overall very happy with this product and the functionality of it.

D M.

a one trick pony

Reviewed on 2016/10/27

I've had this system for almost a year, but had it in another office 15 yrs ago. It was terrible then and it hasn't gotten any better. Support can take days to call you back. The ridiculous thing about this software is that it's extremely complex, yet you can still only do one thing at a time. So if you're trying to make an appointment and someone needs to get something dispensed, you have to close out of the scheduler and dispense, then come back to the scheduler. Or vice versa, you can be dispensing, need to make an appointment, but can't do it, because you're in the scheduler. We're typically working with multiple patients with limited staff, and this software is NOT up to handling multi tasking. Data entry is all over the place, as some places have pull down menus, while others have type in entry boxes. There's like 30 different premade exam setups that come with it, but you really only need 4 or 5, yet you can't get rid of all the others from that drop down screen, so you're always having to search for what you want. It can't properly add, so when you're checking somebody out, you have to manually add up what the patient owes, because the system will overcharge them by some odd and varying amount. Don't waste your time with this software.

Pros

None

Cons

It's not able to multitask in any way shape or form. It's stupidly complicated for everything you try to do. Even basic stuff is not user friendly.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Peter M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Poor support. Outdated coding. Constant problems.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Marginal medical software that is specialty specific. Lots of frustration teaching me patience and tolerance.

Pros

Decent billing WHEN IT WORKS. Decent scheduling WHEN IT WORKS. Substandard EHR WHEN IT WORKS. Ophthalmology specific.

Cons

Poor reliability. Poor service. Lots of unkept promises of improvements and fixes. NO INTEGRITY! Unfortunately the pain of switching once you are on the software is intense.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Melly M.

Compulink and CLX

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

Is anyone else using CLX to place contact lens orders through Compulink? We started using the integration a couple of years ago and it's really helped save our team time since we only have to enter CL order details once in Compulink and has reduced human error. We've also used the reports it provides to really get a good look at our contact lens business and how we can improve. They invited us to a session at VEE on using your practice data to better compete with online contact lens reorders. Here's the link in the invite - thought other Compulink users might find interesting as well http://www.clxsystem.com/vision-expo-east.html

Industry: Military

Compulink is a very easy to learn and intuitive program.

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

I like that you can auto populated 'positives' and that you can forward exam findings from last visit.

Cons

What I like least about Compulink is that it doesn't track your patient count for you. This makes it difficult at a school for the students.

Leah S.

Strange layout and not very user friendly.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

I main thing that I like is that it is not a slow program. It loads fast from page to page, function to function.

Cons

The layout is strange, tabs are small and arranged oddly. You have use alot of tabs to view info and payment entry is also odd.

Nicole B.

I wish we had this back!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

This was the original software in my office and I miss it so much! It was way easier to navigate through

Cons

Not a word I can say bad about this software. It was easy to learn, easy to navigate and I loved it!

Gwen S.

Compulink stays current on the constant changes in healthcare.

Reviewed on 2015/08/06

I like that Compulink is always updating and staying current with the forever changing world of healthcare. The ease of emailing support is a plus, I just wish they would call back and not have me restate what my issue is that I put in the email.
If there is any suggestions, they make a note of what we would like to see and when that happens they notify us. I think this is great customer service-thinking about what would make our days easier and then trying to make that happen.
All the reports that we can run at any given time is a huge help at the end of the month.
I would recommend Compulink to all our colleagues.

Elsa M.

Compulink was the only practice management software that met all of our complicated needs!

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

We have multiple offices that are all linked. We needed a system that could treat each office as an individual practice, while still being able to group all of them together as one. Because Compulink is so customizable, it is able to do this with ease. Customer support is great. I can send an email (instead of waiting on the phone) and they respond promptly. Cole, in the IT department, is super knowledgeable and is always willing to assist me (or my IT team) with whatever questions we may have. Compulink continues to meet, and exceeds, all of our software needs.

Chester Q.

Complete and Comprehensive Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 2015/08/13

Had this software for more than 20 years and have seen it evolve from a DOS system to a Windows system. EMR part of the software is very good. Like the equipment interface. Billing, Recall, and Inventory functions are good.
Software support is good, but response time can take a while. Problems always get fixed. I like the online seminars. There is a lot of functions that I have not used.
Difficult to customize the software. It can be done, but too complicated for me to figure out.

John R.

Reviewed on 2015/07/30

have used since 1992, offers everything: inventory, EHR, appts, ledger, recall, written communication via open office . Has free tutorials for staff and doctor, free classes at Vision Expo. Restored from a backup to a new computer. My only negative is the drawing capability in the exam screen is not as good as it used to be. I customized my exam screens via screenwriter and use a lot of drop downs because I type slow.

Lowell W.

I had a very helpful tutorial with Rachel Nelson assisting me with meaningful use objectives.

Reviewed on 2015/12/19

Meaningful use is very complex, but Rachel explained it to me in a very helpful way and assisted me in meeting the new objectives for stage 2 meaningful use. I can now report that I will met all the objectives for 2015 and I am able to track my progress every day. Thank you Rachel Nelson!

Casey L.

Reviewed on 2015/04/06

I love this system for ophthalmology. Easy to use, seamless workflows, and built with business analogy. This is great for a small doctor shop to a 50 provider clinic. This system is at least 10 years ahead of other EMR/ EHR vendors on technology. It's worth look at and defiantly worth you time.

Curtis N.

Expensive with Horrible customer service

Reviewed on 2015/04/09

We have had this software since 2008 and feel handcuffed to it. The support fees are very expensive and we have had to hire an IT company on retainer as well to deal with the system crashes. Most updates fix existing "bugs" in the software, but often come with new ones. The customer service often argues with my local IT or with departments within Compulink. I have a 2 OD practice and the first year cost me over $80k to implement this software....thus handcuffed. Iam on this comparison site to look for something new. There has got to be better software out there.

Chris I.

Look elsewhere

Reviewed on 2014/12/04

Overall the software is extremely outdated and not intuitive. Updates generally lead to lost days and interfere with patient care. The only positive has been the scheduler.