BombBomb

Video messaging tool for more clear, effective communication

John P.

BombBomb Cubed Because hey Surpassed The "Bomb" Twice Benchmark

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Been using the BombBomb product since 2010 and they continue to innovate and stay #1 in the video email space. Customer service is great. Training is great.

Pros

The customiable opt-in forms have been my long-time favorite feature building funnels. The new mobile app for real time engagement is my latest favorite feature.

Cons

I wish there was a way to create lists based on engagement score as well as a simple way to remove unengaged contacts automatically if they score less than 10 on the 100 point scoring system in the previous 6 months.

Arielle D.

BombBomb Mass Emails...fantastic!

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Excellent! BombBomb has a simple design which allows for easy navigation through the program.

Pros

I love that in BombBomb, you can set up tons of separate groups of contacts. This gives us the ability to send mass emails to certain types of groups (i.e. clients, coworkers, in-house). BombBomb is able to track these mass emails to the user, and see if they have opened, clicked on any links in the email, who received it, ect., which allows us the opportunity to adjust contacts in order to find the people most interested. It also has Social Media automation which is a fantastic tool for people like me who always forget to post on social website to increase traffic.

Cons

The customization of emails can be tricky and not as easy as the program makes it seem. It can only be customized to a certain extent of the options they give you (i.e. adding side bars, adding certain media icons, video sizes ect.) However, it is still a fantastic program

Cami B.

Using Video in your business.....BombBomb is the Bomb!

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

My experience with BombBomb started out with the free version and I subsequently moved to a paid version with more options. This has become an integral part of my communications with my clients and the feedback is great. Now in the environment of Stay at Home and Covid19, I feel ahead of the curve

Pros

I like the fact that I can integrate my videos into my emails to clients and I can track when they open my email, watch the video and how many times they come back to my video.

Cons

I had a little trouble getting my email and the video set up. There are lots of options and different ways to use this product. Good thing is there is lots of support and training.

Craig B.

Great product and support

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

better data to understand our client base

Pros

Data Feeds DATA helps understand who our clients are which to call email turn to hot leads
question box too long happy to do a bomb-bomb email to explain

Cons

Cons None we use Camtasia to edit files A workshop to trade ideas
I work would nice to have Access to add team member ar lower cost but limit to email send

Heidi S.

BombBomb is changing the way we build relationships with our customers!

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

The ability to make personalized contact with customers and add a warm touch to my communications with customers.

Pros

BombBomb is super easy to use with a very simple app and plugins for Chrome and Outlook. I LOVE that I am able to make personalized contact with customers, introduce myself, and help make a real connection with customers I never meet in person! I also like that tracking capability -- I get an immediate notice when a customer opens my email, watches my video, or forwards my video to a friend.

Cons

At this point, I don't see any cons -- BombBomb has been consistently improving since I started using the program 3 years ago.

Amanda H.

Complex and over-priced

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Overall, I think BombBomb is a great product for lead nurturing. However, for this product to really work and be worthwhile, you need to invest in the most expensive package. I believe all of their packages are overpriced for what is offered. I do however like the option to pause your subscription if needed.

Pros

I loved how BombBomb offers a more personal and creative way to get in touch with your leads by letting them get face-to-face with you in the early stages of nurturing, when they aren't quite ready to commit yet.

Cons

I found it to be a very complex program to understand. The user interface can be confusing, and trying to figure out the best way to make it function with all of the moving parts is difficult. I also found the email template customization to be clunky and frustrating.

Terri L.

I have used this for over a year - wow!

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Very good response rate.

Pros

My emails get opened and I get responses. People actually tell me how much they appreciate getting emails this way.

Cons

That so far it won't integrate with Infusion Soft. I would love it to connect with my Infusion Soft database.

Matthew M.

Good way to send bulk video email. Not easy to use the anyway but defaults.

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

We're sending out email to small (70-200) groups of subscribers. It works but its a PITA to get right and seems to be impossible to set the defaults you want.

Pros

Makes sending bulk email possible. Lets you add images, if you can figure out how to bypass the defaults.

Cons

Interface is difficult unless you use it the way BombBomb thinks you should. Use an image instead of a video? Have fun! Don't want video replies or social media? Better learn to track down the boxes to uncheck. Want to set a title? Learn to paste because you'll have to put it in three of four different places. Want to send a corrected email? Better do it business hours weekdays so you can contact support when they "hold it for review." (Oh, and don't count on the correction getting out anytime soon.

Mark B.

Excellent Video Email Program

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

This program is EXCELLENT! The option to use video email is the way of the future and this company is on the cutting edge of this. The integration with gmail is seamless and it doesn't get dropped into spam!

Cons

We wish there were a few more options for the payment levels. We are right in between payment levels and could use a option in the middle before total customization.

Mackenzie W.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

BombBomb Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Overall, my experience was good with BombBomb, I just didn’t feel it was as easy to use now that I have switched to VipeCloud. I feel more comfortable suggesting vipecloud to my new consultants.

Pros

I liked the video aspect on this service and being able to send live videos so my consultants could see me live.

Cons

I didn’t think BombBomb was easy to use. When I would have new consultants come in to my company and want to sign up for this service I felt it was hard to explain to them how to use it.

• Industry: Media Production

Useful tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

A great way to communicate with clients without having to type a long email or take what could be a long call.

Pros

It easy to use, and definitely a plus for communication with clients regarding design projects. I set up a station with a camera and light that connected to the computer and it was commonly used by our web ans print designers for them to present versions of projects to the clients.

Cons

I had some issues with the google plugin, but they have been improving that functionality

Cody A.

WHEN it works its great

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

When it works i am very please with the product. however it is so hit or miss that the videos will upload, and if you need support good luck They will get back to you. they have a phone number for sales but just a online chat BOT for support.

Pros

The ability to have a personalized contact with a client very easily

Cons

When you need to create a longer video about 1 minute it fails to upload or will not preview. also when you (send) and e-mail when this happens it does not get delivered.

Vince L.

Awesome way to connect personaly with clients

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Customer service is great. They are always willing to help and give me advice.

Pros

I love the fact that you can connect with clients in a very personal way. You can send them a quick video with appointment times, strategy or just check in with them.

Cons

I would like just a little longer video time. That said, I like the software so much that I'm willing to overlook the shortness of videos.

Jessica H.

BombBomb for real estate

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Overall this software works well for anyone in the real estate business. I highly recommend it.

Pros

This software helps me in my business to help set me apart from my competition. My clients are more responsive when I use a video and feels more personal.

Cons

This software works as intended and was easy to use. I don’t feel there was anything I didn’t like about it.

Nate W.

Works so good and is so easy to use there is no reason not to have this in your business.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Pros

Simplicity. Clean look. Easy to track. It allows me to get updates and see everything I need to see.

Cons

The video openes in a different window. But for the most part I don't see any real cons it is a great product

Scott C.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

First video email experience was good

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Good energy by the BDR's using it...they really got into it after a while.

Pros

I like that you can brand the video wrapper for a really nice look. Onboarding was quick and easy. The free trial made the decision low risk.

Cons

Chrome extension was a little buggy a few times but I was able to get it fixed quickly. I had trouble confirming that emails would make it into inbox all the time.

Henry E.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great system for email videos

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Great marketing system centered around video that works well.

Pros

The easy of use is absolutely amazing - quickest and easiest way to send out video emails without any technical know-how. The fact that they sell to a lot of realtors says a lot about how easy their system in to use as realtors aren't usually super technical with running software systems.

Cons

The cost is a little steep but overall you're paying for great service and easy of use. Their system really is easy to use.

Response from BombBomb

Thanks for the review, Henry!

Glad BombBomb can help you build better business relationships with video messaging, and that it's easy for you to use.

Take care!

Robin B.

Really great platform to use..easy peasy...makes me look good!

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Pros

Easy to use...looks very professional when sending out to new prospects and clients. Keeping in touch, making introductions to new prospects.

Cons

I don't know how to add documents to what I'm sending.

Wayne L.

Great item to connect with customers

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

This has a great connection with you and customers. Very personal. It is quick to use and makes you look great! Not a big learning curve just open and use.

Pros

Simple works on any phone

Cons

Not easy to text or import contacts

Michele M.

Nice tool for Realtors

Reviewed on 2019/11/09

Some from the company came to our office to give a presentation and that is how I signed up. For a free service, I like it.

Pros

The automatic posts to social media for you at no cost. Sometimes the posts are eye catching and gain the attention of viewers to your page.

Cons

Not being able to personalize the automated posts unless you opt for the paid version of the software.

Great for marketing

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

Bombbomb is a wonderful marketing tool. Sending a video after meeting with a client often wins me the listing.

Cons

This product can be expensive for what it is.

Shep H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

I use BombBomb for simple "thank you" emails to show appreciation. Clients love this!

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

Great way to communicate with clients!

Pros

It is easy to use. I appreciated the on-boarding when I first signed up to use BombBomb. They walked me through exactly how to set up templates and we did my first video.

Cons

I wish it could auto-populate email addresses from my contacts in Outlook. I have made many errors in misspelling an email, only to have to send it again.

Eric W.

Not sure ...

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

It’s a great service I plan on trying again

Pros

The gifs I’m the emails look fantastic
Friends have had great success with it
Always helpful

Cons

Didn’t work great for me
Takes a bit of time to get used to using it
Have to be on video

Millie H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Love this to add a personal touch to your email marketing

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

An innovative way to stand out and not just become "another marketing email" . Very easy to use and implement

Cons

Cost! I love this platform, but there are free alternatives that I am using instead. Would love to see them consider a free option

Gary A.