Ovatu

World Class Booking Software with a 60 Day Free Trial.

Jimmy
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Ovatu Gives Me Time To Do Medicine

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

I recommend it to all my graduating students who go into running their own clinics. The product is great, the customer service is great - it would be silly not to use this program to run your clinic.

Pros

Ovatu is amazing. It makes managing bookings a snap and is very user friendly. With the option for me to book in patients or for patients to use the mini site as well as options of emailing campaigns, sms reminders and even taking payment. It is the only way I would want to run my clinic as it has been the smoothest system I've had the pleasure of using in the last 5 years (at other clinics and my own). It is also worth mentioning that the tech support and customer service are phenomenal. The Ovatu team really cares for their customers and are always on hand to assist with any problem I have had.

Cons

The minisite was a bit of a nightmare to set up (I have zero tech ability) but with the new updated site and also the constant customer support - this soon became one of the best features of Ovatu.

Diane
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Your the best

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Absolutely fantastic. I really could not ask for more, they have answered everything I asked and went above and beyond to help me when I just didn’t get something. The site is easy to use once you mastered it. They are friendly, are very professional and I love this software the cost for one member of staff is not bad at all for what you get.

Pros

This software has everything I need and use for me as a self employed user of Ovatu. When I first started a couple of years or so ago I only used parts of the software and I gained my confidence through the staff members to use the software more, I don’t use everything but maybe I will further down the line. The whole setup is just perfect they seem to have thought of everything.

Cons

Nothing is difficult when you know how on this site but I am not technically minded so I had to ask many questions.

David

Brilliant! I'm a voice teacher who has been using Ovatu since June 2012. It has everything I...

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

Customer rep. responds to software issues so promptly. I've never had to wait more than a few hours to get a reply.

rachael

Love working with ovatu

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

My overall all experience is great I could not run my business without this product.

Pros

Working with Ovatu has made my job so much easier. I have multiple employees some renters some commission this makes it easy to see what employee I need to keep track of. Keeping track of daily money and product sales is very easy and helps me with taxes and book keeping. My clients love the online booking option and use it all the time. I travel for large parties and can take the program with me any where. Being able to see schedules right from my phone lets me see my books are full and money is coming in when I’m not in the shop. The price is amazing other booking products cost hundreds of dollars. Every time we need to add an employee the process is very quick and easy for them to learn. I’m so glad I found Ovatu.

Cons

I would like to be able to print receipts

Tom
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Far and away the best booking software for a hairdresser and their clients,

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Ovatu has provided the means for my independent small business to flourish above and beyond expectations.

Pros

The best thing about Ovatu is that clients actually use it. They speak of how easy , simple, and straightforward it is to engage with. These are individuals aged 17 to 71 from all different technological eras. This says something about the design and implementation. The biggest compliment to it's interface is that throughout the booking process, a client doesn't have to leave the experience to verify their email (and then re-log in). They see a booking, enter their details, and they are done. Customer support has always been stellar. High marks all around.

Cons

Would like to have certain elements (specifically on screen instructions during the booking process) be personalised. Would like to see the review system was better integrated with Google review guidelines.

Richard

Great experience from beginning until now, easy set up and transfer over, great training and...

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

The online booking is a great feature and ever growing area of our business. Very customer friendly and integrates well in the system. It's more simpler than other systems to use, streamlined to suit rather than having features that aren't really relevant or will increase bottom line value. Having sms reminder cost built into the pricing structure reveals more of what the actual costs of using are rather than having continual add on cost to the service. Reports again are streamlined as to what is relevant but able to be adapted to in more depth accounting and business summary. The new quick sale and re-book feature works well

Cons

The appointment diary view is a bit small on my browser view but is better on a larger screen so not really a problem. Booking and changing breaks in the appointment diary is a bit of a faf admittedly but just probably more so because of changing from another system which in this area was easier but did not include so many of the better features of Ovatu. Bar-code scanning with a bar-code scanner would be better for me from using in a browser but realise many use the apple app of which I don't use apple.

Cat

Streamlined my business! Been a loyal user for 4 year now and could never go back!

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

Very user friendly , I picked it up right away, no tricky learning curve.
Super easy to customise by adding your services and prices etc and not too time consuming either.
Excellent reminder system, sends out reminder email 48hrs before to minimise no shows.
Easy to view scheduling
I love that the IPhone version can be used offline to take bookings etc then automatically syncs up when it has signal
easy to store client information
excellent customer service, very quick to reply and have always answered all my questions and solved all my issues within days if not hours,

Cons

annoying that the google compatible version doesn't seem as advanced, wanted to upgrade to the Google pixel phone but the Ovatu app wasn't as good so had to stick to iPhone

Rachel

Best business decision I've ever made - for two different companies!

Reviewed on 2017/08/04

Pros

Fully customizable, easy to add services, tons of automated marketing, and the ability to send SMS messages. My guests rave about the ease of use for online booking integration, and I recommend the platform consistently. My contractors can view their schedules over a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, and have no syncing issues. Well done, Ovatu.

Cons

*So far* inability to integrate with Square. I prefer it to Stripe, which does the job in the intervening period, and I've been advised that Square may be in the works. Also, no customer service phone number / a significant (up to a day or more) delay in getting answers for issues when working through Facebook messenger. Thankfully, help isn't really needed much because it's such a stable, easy platform.

Karen

Extremely happy I found this APP for my business

Reviewed on 2017/08/14

I am able to run my business on my phone! Even when I bump into a client at the gym, I am able to book their appointment using my phone. Great App. Great product. Thank you!

Pros

Ease of use : Very easy to navigate the app. I love the reporting. Easy to see my profit for the day. I also get a quick response from customer support. My client enjoy receiving their reminders.

Cons

I find it easier booking clients using the app on my phone than on my computer. Too many boxes to click through before I can place the booking. I don't like the way the date is set out that I need to confirm a booking next to each time. Sometime it pushes times out to eg: 2:05pm instead of 2pm. It would be easier to put in a time at the top of the booking instead of scrolling down to find the time. Hope this makes sense!

Thashna

Great experience but improvement needed

A work interactive booking system and accounting for business

A work interactive booking system and accounting for business

Pros

Accessibility anytime anywhere
Patient appointment reminder messages.

Cons

Can't look at specific lists by the touch of button.
No Active Birthday reminder for the practitioner.
Keeps deleting the discounts after they have been set.
Have to open the appointment to see names as sometimes hidden in 10 minute slots on the mobile app.
Can't add pics via mobile app to marketing emails as photos on phone incompatible.

Gemma

Great System

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Loved the system, I have only stopped now due to a Pivot in my business due to the closures over the past 12 months.

Pros

The fact I could keep everything in one place. I could link a payment method and email customers direct.

Cons

Took me a little getting used to when I changed over but I enjoyed using it.

Acuity Scheduling and Fresha

Reasons for Choosing Ovatu

Liked the look of what Ovatu could do and it was recommended by my business coach [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reasons for Switching to Ovatu

Thought it was best suited to my business.
Kirsty

I was recommended Ovatu on a beauty Facebook Page. It has helped me grow my business significan...

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Streamlined booking & storing of customer details.
Trct message confirmations, terms & conditions...

Streamlined booking & storing of customer details.
Trct message confirmations, terms & conditions for booking policy.

Pros

Simple, effective & has saved me money from reduced cancellations & no-shows.
I now wake up to multiple bookings each morning.
Information is stored securely & helps keep everything streamlined. It syncs well to programs like Mailchimp also.
The text reminder & follow up texts & emails are brilliant.
These features have taken my business to a more professional level.
I'm able to run reports & see where my business is.

Cons

When you click on the customers appointment you can't see their details. You have to manually search

jordan
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

PERFECT

PERFECT

Pros

So pleased I decided to go with ovatu! Not only are the staff so helpful and fast at replying to emails, but the details you can set on the booking system is amazing, for example I can set certain treatments to only be booked during certain days and times by using the recourse option, which might I add no other online booking system has! You can literally tailor every detail to how you want it! The only thing I regret is I did not sign up sooner and feel guilty of all the family time I have missed out on as a result of booking my own diary!
THANK YOU!

Cons

The only thing I feel could be added is the option to automatically send out cancellation appointments for a longer period of 1 week.

Scedule

Reasons for Switching to Ovatu

The recourse option
Balazs
  • Industry: Medical Practice

An easy to use equipment to organize patients schedule for a gynecology outpatient clinic.

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Pros

User friendly interface, good and useful functions, excellent web area with so many useful functions. This application made my life easier with a 60% reduction in my incoming phone calls.
OVATU You is a perfect application as well as I try to force my patients to use it.

Cons

Language support for HUNGARIAN would be a great value as (unfortunately typical in Hungary) nearly half of the patients cannot speak English.
Sometimes duplicated booking is available. However I don't know the reason for it.
Mass email for a specific day's patients is not available.

Andrea

Excellent service, I'd recommend to any small business salon owner!

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

It's easy to use and it is dependable. Anytime I've ever had a question or needed support, their people have been VERY responsive. Last year at tax time I had spent hours on something that I messed up, and their IT people were able to fix my problem within a couple of hours. I was so incredibly relieved. Shortly after, there was a small change in the software that made it easier to not make the mistake I was making. They truly care about improving the software and want to help you succeed!

Kim

Brilliant service, almost 24/7 care. The system works perfectly for me.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

I really like how attentive the support team are. The system works really well, simple to use and navigate but when you dig deeper, there are so many more uses for the system, like reporting, tracking sale etc. You can use it simply as a diary or a way to run your whole business.

Cons

The only issue we ever have is if staff don't sync their phones and the bookings don't show on everyone's phones or iPads. This is completely user error so cannot be blamed on the system!

Lisa

Excellent system

More bookings from online customers
Less no shows as it has a great reminders system
Great to...

More bookings from online customers
Less no shows as it has a great reminders system
Great to capture deposits
Easy to track employee performance

Great reporting
Ovatu You app
So many great features and functions at a great price for small businessess

Cons

Only set to weekly roster , fortnightly would help us greatly
Waitlist feature is great but if it had an automated reply feature to the customers when appointments became available that they requested it would be a great help

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Faultless service

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Less cancellations, easy appointment entering and most importantly my customers like it.

Pros

Allows me to run my driving school business with ease. Just enter the booking on the flexible calendar then Appointments are taken care of with customer reminders and confirmations, which virtually brings cancellations down to zero.
Customers can even book or reschedule online. Taking payments is easy too.

Cons

Nothing to dislike about this product.

Sharon

Essential for sole trader or small salon

Reviewed on 2022/11/17

Overall I'm very impressed with Ovatu. I'm new to automated booking, but I've found it an essential part of my businesses processes.

Pros

The software has completely taken me out of the loop for booking appointments, saved me a huge amount of time

Cons

The help guides could cover more troubleshooting, but once I got used to how the system works it got easier.

Katrina

Love love love these guys!! They go above and beyond! Always easy to reach and deal with.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

Pros

Easy to use & always evolving. Love that you can use it if your offline. Is o e of the best I have trailed and used.

Cons

Can't think of any. Perhaps more couloir options for treatment categories? Would like option to use themes in the background and Birthday pop ups & loyalty points per price views on client booking on the description so you can see it as soon as you open in the mornings & we don't miss them.

Raine

Best booking system I’ve ever used

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Highly recommend!

Highly recommend!
Even when there were slight hiccups for me setting it up, customer service (I have dealt with where amazing!) cleared it up so fast.
Best value you’ll find!

Pros

Love it!
Very user friendly and whenever you need clarification, customer support is readily available to you

Cons

Email notifications to customers could be “fancier”.
I’m just reaching for something here because it’s requiring me to lol

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Ovatu has been a wonderful asset to my business. It's easy to use for me and for my clients.

Reviewed on 2017/08/02

It helps me schedule my clients and keep track of lessons and payments.

It helps me schedule my clients and keep track of lessons and payments.

Pros

I like that it works consistently well. I have had no real problems. When I have had a small problem or was unsure of how to do something, the customer service has been good and fast.

Cons

I use it for scheduling golf lessons. I wish that it had some features that made scheduling groups easier.

Verena

An easy scheduling app we use it for our monile crane business

Easy convenient scheduling keeps our business running smoothly

Easy convenient scheduling keeps our business running smoothly

Pros

Simple layout simple job entry without having to enter quotes. Easy employee use so everyone knows what is booked for the next day

Cons

Needs some adaptation for mobile house call style bookings but works well enough. Can only edit customers on computer not devices but again not a major problem

Donna

Brilliant experience using Ovatu in the last 3 years

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

The flexibility of use. It's capable of doing SO much and I'm always finding new ways to utilise it in my business

Cons

I cannot add more than 1 default week. I work on a 2 week rota with different hours every fortnight, it would be great to be able to add a second default week so that I didn't have to do this manually

Laura
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Ovatu is easy and reliable

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

I do not have to personally remind my clients of their appointments. I have my schedule with me at all times.

Pros

I use it for my salon. I can send a reminder automatically/ ovatu is reasonable in cost and very user friendly.

Cons

You cannot schedule weekly automatically any longer. The program used to be much easier for rescheduling.