uLawPractice

Manage What Matters, ANYWhere (Practice Mgmt & Legal Acc)

Anar

Ulaw is easy to use, affordable and has excellent customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Makes it very easy to create client files and comply with trust/general account compliance.

Pros

The ulaw software makes it very easy to comply with the Rules of Professional Conduct (Law Society of Ontario) especially with Knowing your Client requirements. Ulaw allows you to generate an initial conflict check form and client identification/verification form. I recently went through the LSO Practice Management Audit, and the LSO was very impressed with Ulaw's Inital Conflict Check form because it allowed the form includes the steps the lawyer undertook to perform the conflict checks.

Cons

If you make a accounting error it is hard to rectify it if you don't understand how the software works or accounting principles.

Mark

Highly Recommend uLaw

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

- the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust)
- the user support is amazing
- online...

- the best solution I've used (it's simple, yet robust)
- the user support is amazing
- online videos are extremely helpful

Pros

- web-based application (no upgrades)
- integration with various cloud storage solutions (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox etc.)
- easy customization capability
- BI capability
- simplifies compliance reports for licensee bylaws

Cons

- could be expanded to generate data required for TAX filing for proprietors, partnerships, and corporations
- it would be worth it as a possible premium package feature

peter

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

terrible support system in place.

terrible support system in place.

Pros

none - terrible customer service, I do not recommend

Cons

The customer service is terrible. the staff will give you every answer except for the one you need

Lori Anne
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great web-based alternative to PC Law!

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

Able to work on my files and accounting from anywhere.

Pros

I like that it is web-based. It combines all of the functions needed for a law firm practice, including criminal and family.
I like the function that allows me to import my banking information. It is helpful to switch between client matters and accounting.
The customer service is extremely responsive and you don't have to pay extra for their support. They have altered areas that need improvement.

Cons

I wish it had more functionality with iPhones. It would be helpful to automatically allow update of monthly expenses (parking).
Entering in expenses is some cumbersome, but detailed.
Cannot delete default items (such as tenant or contract legal work) or contacts or matters that were entered in error. Makes it cluttered and annoying to search.

Roger

The number 1 Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

I have been with Ulaw for about 11 years both as a student and as a practitioner and they have always been very helpful and very receptive to suggestions and implementing these suggestions as quick as they could/can. The tech support in my opinion is second to none.

Pros

In a nut shell everything--as far as I am concerned it is tailor made for the legal profession especially for paralegals. It has the price point, tech support(fantastic by the way). They also conduct CPD's that are LSO accredited AT No Charge-which is worth the monthly fee right there.

Cons

It would be nice to have it integrated / synced with 1 note.

ROSA

Ulaw is a lifesaver

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

The customer service has a great team and are always there and willing to assist.

Pros

I don't like the product ..I love Ulaw. It is so easy to use and there are so many options if I did have any issues and is affordable. Billing/invoicing and tracking expenses has never been so easy. There response time is impeccable, not only to they respond with an answer they will send you a link to watch a video to guide you. The Ulaw set up is so affordable and a life saver. They will be there for you. Their bookkeeping services are great!

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Martin
  • Industry: Legal Services

Improving the business of a legal practice

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

I have been able to create amazing, time saving templates that automatically populate. I have also made great use of the incredible customer service that makes you feel like you are their most important client.

Pros

I am a new Paralegal and I work from home in my own practice. I needed software that kept me compliant with LSO requirements, of which there are many. I also needed a tickler system and an accounting system and uLawPractice was the whole ball of wax rolled into one at an affordable price. Starting a new firm is difficult and challenging. This program took a big weight off my shoulders. Customer service is the best I have ever had as well.

Cons

I found the accounting portion of the program has the largest learning curve due to my inexperience with accounting. I found many of the screens descriptions less than helpful and was left wondering why they weren't worded for those that aren't accountants.

Letitia

Accounting Made Easy And Practical

Reviewed on 2022/02/11

I have been using uLaw for 6 years. I am satisfied with the ease to use the features that I used daily.

Pros

I like the ease of putting client information, client intakes, forms, creating Invoice and Receipt.

Cons

I unable to enter an entry sometimes, after billing and transfer entries.

Prem

Daily Bread for me.

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Pros

The customer support I get 24x7 and the very courteous support staff. It's only a question of getting used to the software and that leads to knowing where to book what and finding each tab.

I think this is a boon for a Paralegal like me as I enjoy using both the desktop version and the mobile app. very much. The convenience uLaw gives me is something one has to use and experience. Not to forget the weekly webinars they provide that also doubles up as CPD hours.

Now they have also started providing accounting help too.

Definitely recommend!

Cons

Some of the forms need to be updated.
Size of fonts when we open calendar.

Peter

Great Asset To Legal Practice

Reviewed on 2023/01/02

Pros

Ability to track time for invoicing, billing purposes, Statements of Activity to indicate transparency to client

Cons

More flexibility is needed for templates, all indicating multiple people but not suitable for sole paralegal. Security features like two-step verification are odd given before you put code in you can see what should be confidential information. A Security Question similar to online banking would be better.

Carolina
  • Industry: Legal Services

Extremely happy with Ulaw!

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I am very happy with this software. The support team is great and very helpful. They are usually available to assist me by phone if I need it and have always responded well to my feedback.

I asked that a few changes be made in order to satisfy the requirements of the Law Society after a spot audit and they took action right away and made me feel much more at ease!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to navigate the software and that it follows all of the law society bookkeeping guidelines. I also really enjoy that it is web based and that I can access the software from anywhere.

Cons

Sometime it is slow. Other than that there are no issues.

Adrienne

Using uLaw for the past 2 years

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

Pros

Takes away the headache and pain of LSO compliance; deals with both practice management and accounting all in one platform for a fantastic price.

Cons

The user interface is not the most intuitive or user-friendly. However, whenever I can't figure out how to do something, customer service is always extremely responsive and all the ball.

Brett
  • Industry: Legal Services

ULaw user for many years, satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2021/09/28

Pros

We use this software daily to ensure our clients are taken care of. Ease of use and cloud-based platform are important to us. ULaw checks off those boxes.

Cons

Finicky at some times, certain parts are cumbersome and therefore not used.

Sandy
  • Industry: Legal Services

An essential Tool in your Legal/Law Practice!

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Very comprehensive, encompassing of all required financial/accounting elements required by the Law Society.

Pros

SUPPORT!, Accessibility, mobility (cell phone), Integration with other needed platforms (payments, email, etc), continuous evolution and COMMUNICATION with its clients/customers

Cons

Initial transfer of my data/earlier processes, but their YouTube instructional videos and direct support are fantastic.

Nermine

Life Saver!

Reviewed on 2017/07/29

If you do not have an accounting background, it can take a little time to understand it. However, once you understand it, it is intuitive, and there is plenty of support to assist you along the way.

Pros

When I opened my practice, I did A LOT of research about software. I wanted software that would not only support client management, but also something to manage the accounting side of things. Lastly, I wanted to find something that was on the cloud so that I can access the software from any computer and from any location and not worry about computer crashes and the possibility of losing any information. This was the only software that met every one of those needs. The best thing of all is that they know the law society rules for compliance and have made it extraordinarily simply to live up to those rules. I am not worried about LSUC audits.

Andres

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2016/11/29

I was audited by the Law Society a couple of weeks ago.

They were impressed bout the functionality...

I was audited by the Law Society a couple of weeks ago.

They were impressed bout the functionality of the software and they even went on saying that with the features of ULaw I will not need to hire a bookkeeper, which will help me to save a lot of money.

ULaw has helped me to comply with the Law Society Rules in a cheap and efficient way without the need of outsourcing work to third parties.

Pros

It is cheap and intuitive, designed to comply with the Law Society Rules

Cons

Sometimes it takes a lot to load the page, and some features are confusing

Dionne

I Like ULaw

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

The experience itself has been great, both with the software and the team.

The experience itself has been great, both with the software and the team.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. The team is supportive and always ready to assist.

Cons

The price has been increasing lately and is slowly getting expensive. I hope it doesn't get too expensive as this is a big concern for me.

Winnie
  • Industry: Law Practice

I love uLaw and the team there knows that! uLaw has my back on LSUC requirements!

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

Saves time and money and the uLaw team! uLaw is a compliance focused software that helps ensures our practice management and bookkeeping LSUC required documentation are in place. There are added features to track firm analytics.

Samuel

Its been good so far

Reviewed on 2023/10/25

My experience has been good so far

My experience has been good so far

Pros

I'm still new to Ulaw so I cannot immediately speak to its overall use but the customer support is top notch. I'm someone who needs his hand held when it comes to anything tech and trust me, the support at Ulaw is holding my hand through the process of familiarizing myself with the software.

Cons

I'm new to Ulaw and I'm just working my way through it. I haven't encountered any cons yet

Karim

uLaw Practice management software

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

There are many features that comes with the software (some of them I haven't even used yet) and it makes it easy to navigate the basics.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to log in from anywhere.

Cons

No app for iphone

Stefan

uLaw

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

My overall experience with uLaw has been terrific.

My overall experience with uLaw has been terrific.

Pros

The best part about the software is the customer support. The support team usually responds the same day to a request for help. They usually send very helpful videos in response to your request for help. Also, when necessary, they assist you over the phone and talk you through your problem.

Cons

I would recommend changing how dockets are displayed when an invoice is created or a report is created. It should have the start time and end time. Currently, it just has the start time and the duration of the docket.

Lori
  • Used for 2+ years

I love working with, ULaw, it makes the financial portion of my practice and tracking matters...

Reviewed on 2018/02/11

Pros

Customer Service and the adaptability of the software to work in a variety of circumstances, a variety of reports, ease of use, and user help readily available.

Cons

Sometimes I find it slow, however that could also be my computer. I do not have any other cons to report.

Brad

Very good software

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

It has been good

It has been good

Pros

Easy to use, has many different uses.

Cons

At times, certain aspects and components can be hard to find. Also I had to make my assistants rate at zero to show on the bills that work had been done that had not been charged for. The invoices could be shortened in length.

Response from Superfluid Software

Thank you for your review and feedback

Maryam

Ulaw review

It works good

It works good

Pros

Price and customer service is good and comparable

Cons

Design AIS not up to date and the software is not user friendly

Vanessa

ULaw: Great product, diverse uses, and adaptable

Reviewed on 2016/04/26

The pros of the software are that it is a fairly straightforward interface to use. The categories of task are also adaptable. The settings are customizable. The matters stay organized for each client. It's PC and Mac friendly because it's based online.

Some cons: If you make an accounting mistake, you're stuck with it. You can't reverse it. If you prepare multiple invoices, it's difficult to track what your client has already paid and owes. This has resulted in some trust accounting errors.