4,6
Alan M.

Why MaonRails is the best solution for a Martial Arts Studio

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

Excellent. As a martial arts studio owner you NEED a billing system, MAonRails is built specifically with martial arts studios in mind (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my discipline) which is important. It allows me more control over my accounts then other solutions as well.

Pros

I have actually used a number of products and competitors in the past, and I feel the customer service is top notch, ease of use and the right features are in place. (this was clearly built by a martial artist for martial artists

Cons

I haven't used the offered website as I already had my own. MaonRails has definitely grown since I first started using them and I am eager to see what new and useful features they plan on integrating.

Stephen C.

Nothing but amazing!

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Pros

The beautiful UI and overall feel of the software got us hooked! This software is on par if not better than most big named software out there that we have tried at a fraction of the price! Although there are a ton of amazing features, nothing comes close to how the customer service makes you feel when you join. Customer service is hands down the best thing about this software. If we have an issue they personally emails us back almost instantly to get it resolved! They are there anytime of day to assist and make sure the software is running at its full potential. The best of all is that they listens to feedback and actually implements them! WHAT? I've asked my recent software many times for what I thought were simple requests, and have always gotten a "we will see what we can do" response. The software is constantly being updated and cared for! Martial Arts on Rails has been one of the greatest decisions we have ever made for our school/business. Don't be like us and wait to get started. Sign-up now and see for yourself how amazing this software is!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike. If we have an issue the customer service finds a way to fix it. No matter what.

Paul S.

Martial Arts on Rails Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

Pros

Simple interface
Most needed features
Quick turnaround for bug fixes
Open to suggestions for new features

Cons

Unable to work directly with back-end data (though this is understandable), more export options would help here though
Would prefer a self hosted open source solution if one were available with comparable feature set
Self-sign-in when multiple classes available feels less intuitive than other processes

Brian P.

Simple and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Onboarding was easy, tutorial videos/FAQ was helpful, but it was already easy to navigate prior to even watching them.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of setting my academy up on the software, the positive feedback from my students who use this for class reservations, and how easy it is to navigate day to day operations.

I really wish I discovered this sooner so I could've saved myself from the headaches I experienced using other software platforms.

Customer service is great and very responsive which helps for troubleshooting on the fly.

Cons

I think it would be great if there was a feature within the software to interact with members where they would be notified if an admin user posted something under the content section or even a community board where we can also post updates.

Reuven L.
Company size: Self Employed

An up and coming top notch tool for martial arts schools

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

So far so great! Very few complaints/frustrations from members during transition as opposed to previous softwares used like zenplanner etc... where every step was met with crashing apps and the like. Here we have a program that works right in every smartphone/computer’s browser. Just log in and access everything, including remote training videos, which right now are crucial.

Would love to see some more features surrounding support for remote training, but considering the relative “newness” of the product and how great everything else has been for myself and my students - a solid A-!

Pros

Easy setup (BIG)
Automated Payment Processing
Easy “on the fly” changes
Beautiful schedule for website
Booking and checkins
Built in waivers/agreements/forms
Developer is constantly listening to users and giving feedback as to why software functions the way it does or when features will be ready and DELIVERS

Cons

Lack of robust reporting
Lack of configurable signup menu (users see a long list that you can’t organize by category, yet)
A lot of functionality seems to leverage and almost depend on you using the built-in website builder, so if you have your own website, it might feel limiting

Leigh-ann M.

Best Martial Arts Specific Software We've Used, Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

The customer service with MAonRails has been fantastic. Eran goes out of his way to help and answers quickly. They were also willing to work with us on price which for a small school is greatly appreciated.

Pros

The interface is clean, easy to navigate for students and administrator. Easy to customize and get up and running quickly. Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.

Cons

That each document cannot have a customizable email saved. A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade. Also, the gym schedule is not great. Would like to see a month at a time.

James F.

Best software for us

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

This software is very easy to set up and manage. Our members can quickly and easily sign up and update their information at anytime. What’s even better is that there were no annoying sales calls from people trying to sell us of features we didn’t need.

Cons

K

Jordan T.

Martial Arts In rails

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

It’s cuts down tons on paperwork and allows the use of a card for recurring monthly payments. Those are huge. We also keep attendance and rank in this and it helps tons as well. I was skeptical at first but will say that we highly enjoy its function.

Pros

Best customer support around!
Very streamline and easy to use
Ever evolving with input from customers
Less paperwork, mass emailing, just great in all areas.
Fair priced

Cons

- sometimes can be a little glitchy but Customer support always is right on it.

Richard B.

Straight Blast Gym Niagara Loves MAO

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Just a few days into getting the system operational for my gym I had many students message me saying they loved it, and how slick it looked. MAO is going to help me be even more personal with my students, and little details will no longer slip between the cracks.

Pros

I like how easy it is for my students to pre-book their classes, the dashboard is awesome showing me who is attending for the day's sessions, and the emailing system is one of my most liked features.

Cons

Any problem I thought I had with the program was actually with me. When I needed help, I messaged [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and every time he answered me back immediately. I have nothing but positives with MAO.

Svenja J.
Industry: Sports

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help.
It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Pros

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date
Recurring payment and customized membership options
Homepage set up via MAonRails
Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

Cons

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

Matt H.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Excellent Software and Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

My experience has been great. We've grown to extremely quickly, and a big part of that has been through our website contact forms. I can't say enough about the customer service and the simplicity of the software. Both are fantastic.

Pros

I chose this software because of the ease of implementation. Other companies wanted weekly conference calls to train me on the software. MA on Rails was very intuitive. I had no problems setting up my school. Any issue I have has been resolved immediately. Eran offers fantastic customer service. Customer service really sets them apart from larger companies.

Cons

I'd like some added features. You have everything you need to run your business, but there are a couple of things that would be nice to have. Expanded reporting and an app would be top of the list. The positives vastly outweigh any negatives.

Molly S.

Makes My Life So Much Easier

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Using Martial Arts on the Rails has made my life much easier. With the last management software I was using I had to spend hours on the phone and honestly just dreaded going in to the gym to work on the computer. I now have a lot more confidence in the way that I am managing the business, our programs and our memberships and I am more organized.

Pros

I have found that this software is easy to use. It is pretty intuitive as how to navigate through the system. It is easy to add, cancel and manage memberships. I like the simplicity of running attendance and financial reports. I have found the support to be great, I always get a quick response. I also like how it is easy for me as an owner to control what kind of access my other gym staff has access to.

Cons

The only one thing I have found that I have had trouble with is when I search for a member if they are frozen their name doesn't come up in the search. I have to go to the frozen tab to find them.

Lindsay S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great option for beginners

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Very happy overall. Service is key for me, makes me want to stay bc I have help when I need it.

Pros

The ease of use, and the customer response time, initially and ongoing as needed. I like the customization options specifically for Martial Arts.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the settings and it’s still something that I’m learning even after a year. Sometimes there are glitches. But with the immediate response (and tech help from the back-end) from the company, it makes it easier to handle.

Ben L.
Industry: Public Safety

Excellent choice for member management

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features.
The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software.
The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in.
Great set of features for the price.

Cons

Updating members isn't always easy.
Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected.
Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited.
No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.

Sebastiao T.

Transformed our Club

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Prior to using Martial Arts On Rails we operated a manual system and as a consequence we were losing track of payments, grading, etc. For our club to continue to grow and provide the type of service our students deserve we did some extensive research of automated systems and opted for Manonrails as we found it to be a feature rich system which not only manages the basics very well but also allows you to monitor trends and provides a variety of metrics on the clubs performance and tools to help you grow the club. The sytem was created and managed by CEO who himself is a Martial Artist and therefore uniquely understands the needs of a martial arts club. In the event of any issues or queries the responsiveness of their customer support is nothing short of exceptional, we are on a different time zone here in Europe but that has never been an issue. Maonrails has totally transformed how we manage our clubs and we would have no hesitation in recommending them!

Pros

Ease of day to day use...Does not need additional hardware (works off a smartphone, tablet, pc, etc).... Feature rich... Dashboard providing a snapshot of key metrics...

Cons

Nil - anytime we have identified a new feature that would benefit our club they have modified they system to add the desired feature.

Hollis & joel L.

New MAOR user

Reviewed on 2020/01/19

Extremely positive

Pros

Ease of use and presentation. The simple, yet data heavy presentation allows the user to have important information at the fingertips without unnecessary navigation.

Cons

Report customization. Probably not so much for the M.A. facility, but gym operators with a wide range of customers need to be able to generate custom data reports, especially those facilities who rely in part on dues reimbursement from member insurance programs. A growing segment of business as the aging population increases.

Cindy G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Client management software for martial arts

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

We needed client management software for our martial arts gym; I switched to MA on Rails based on the recommendation of another gym owner. The author has been incredibly responsive about small changes we needed. Overall, it does what we need well and with a simple, clean interface.

Pros

It is simple to use and handles all our needs (managing clients, gym shop sales, attendance, scheduling). It's very flexible about types of membership options, from drop-ins to monthly. I like that the clients can access their own account. It has good tracking for attendance, bill paying, lets us freeze clients when needed. It also has a basic web-site.

Cons

The attendance check-in is a bit confusing when you have multiple classes running.

Justin M.

Highly Recommended Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall experience has been great with Martial Arts on Rails from the staff all the way through to the system itself, the support is phenomenal and you're dealing with real people so it makes communication much easier... I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter how small or large the organisation it makes sense to invest in something that captures your payments and manages the data for you so you don't have to do it manually!

Pros

The ability to tailor the belts to suit my academy and secondly that once setup its easy to get people registered and actively using the system.

Cons

None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!

Joey J.
Company size: Self Employed

Slick looking and easy to use

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/08

My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product, this may not be it, but if you want something that is easy to use, provides a good user experience, or, most importantly, if you're not a technical person - if you just want something easy to use so you can run your club/school, then definitely consider this offering. This product is so easy to use that anyone could use it.

That being said, I had a lot of questions when I started using it, but mostly related to trying to get it to do things that it wasn't designed to do. The support from the developer was outstanding. After asking a few questions to understand what I was trying to do, most of the things I was asking about were met with a "yeah, no problem, we can add that".

I'd have not hesitation in suggesting you check out this product.

Pros

The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for.
Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch.
Developer responsiveness and support.

Cons

The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

Heidi S.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/27

Our clientele doubled within the first four months of using this software. It’s has been absolutely amazing.

Pros

Easy to set up new students. Easy to find history of payments. It’s very organized and easy to navigate. I love that our members have access to their own profiles.

Cons

Setting up family memberships is the hardest thing but it’s not that bad.

Rachael P.

Prompt Responses and Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/06/16

Using Martial Arts on Rails has allowed us to combine three different platforms into one accessible and easy to use program. We are now able to navigate through any membership requirement within the same system and it has really helped our day to day business run smoothly.

Pros

This system is extremely user friendly and it has been a smooth transition from our previous software. Very easy to navigate through all our memberships and features.

Cons

We have not had any issues with this software that wasn't promptly addressed by customer service. We needed an option of entering multiple payment methods in membership accounts and the option was provided the next day.

Jean-marc S.

Great responsiveness

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Easiness and reliability !

Pros

Easiness to use from any platform, as well as the support team that is 100% reliable in term of consideration and reactivity.

Cons

Minor adaptations that I would like to have for a better fit with our regional sport's issues.

George I.

excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

Constantly improves software features. Very prompt with support and any questions. We highly recommend Martial Arts on Rails.

Cons

No complaints everything has worked very well.

Leif S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Perfect for our dojo

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Nearly flawless. What few small problems I've had were quickly resolved by the founder. I have had ZERO problems with the back-end payment system or student management.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup for our dojo! And it built our front landing page AND student portal all at the same time. Billing is easy and perfect. Nothing but great stuff

Cons

The template for the website is fixed with little customization aside from pictures. The schedule only shows one week at a time.

Michael J.

Switching from Kicksite to Martial Arts On Rails

Reviewed on 2018/11/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

So far very impressed would recommend people giving this software a chance.

Pros

Website integration is awesome, I use square for my business and as far as I know this is the only software that integrates square into there system. The cost compared to kicksite is better as compared per student.

Cons

The only invoicing available is reoccurring would like to see one time invoicing for products or tests. Also would like to see more done with the ranking, maybe being able to put in requirements so to be able to track students progress also maybe a way to advance a testing group with a single click.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thank you for the review Michael! I'm glad you found our software useful.

Worth noting that we definitely offer one-time charges and product sales, if you need help with using those features please get in touch and we'd be happy to help you out!