Brian P.

Simple and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Onboarding was easy, tutorial videos/FAQ was helpful, but it was already easy to navigate prior to even watching them.

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of setting my academy up on the software, the positive feedback from my students who use this for class reservations, and how easy it is to navigate day to day operations.

I really wish I discovered this sooner so I could've saved myself from the headaches I experienced using other software platforms.

Customer service is great and very responsive which helps for troubleshooting on the fly.

Cons

I think it would be great if there was a feature within the software to interact with members where they would be notified if an admin user posted something under the content section or even a community board where we can also post updates.

Justin M.

Highly Recommended Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Overall experience has been great with Martial Arts on Rails from the staff all the way through to the system itself, the support is phenomenal and you're dealing with real people so it makes communication much easier... I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter how small or large the organisation it makes sense to invest in something that captures your payments and manages the data for you so you don't have to do it manually!

Pros

The ability to tailor the belts to suit my academy and secondly that once setup its easy to get people registered and actively using the system.

Cons

None - I have no issues with the software or its capabilities!

Joey J.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Slick looking and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

My experience was great. I ended up choosing another product, but it wasn't because of any defect in the product. MAOR is both advanced and simple at the same time. It has all the basic functionality you need to get started right away. I had my site basics set up in about 10 minutes, and within an hour I had my contracts all set up and ready to merge. If you're after a highly tweakable product, this may not be it, but if you want something that is easy to use, provides a good user experience, or, most importantly, if you're not a technical person - if you just want something easy to use so you can run your club/school, then definitely consider this offering. This product is so easy to use that anyone could use it.

That being said, I had a lot of questions when I started using it, but mostly related to trying to get it to do things that it wasn't designed to do. The support from the developer was outstanding. After asking a few questions to understand what I was trying to do, most of the things I was asking about were met with a "yeah, no problem, we can add that".

I'd have not hesitation in suggesting you check out this product.

Pros

The interface is sharp, and simple to navigate and find what you're looking for.
Able to set up a trial account and poke around without first having to sit through a lengthy pitch.
Developer responsiveness and support.

Cons

The interface isn't very customizable (the color scheme and icons). Also the options for layout are pretty static.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thanks for the review and feedback, Joey, it's very much appreciated!

Leif S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Perfect for our dojo

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Nearly flawless. What few small problems I've had were quickly resolved by the founder. I have had ZERO problems with the back-end payment system or student management.

Pros

I love how easy it was to setup for our dojo! And it built our front landing page AND student portal all at the same time. Billing is easy and perfect. Nothing but great stuff

Cons

The template for the website is fixed with little customization aside from pictures. The schedule only shows one week at a time.

Jared E.

Exceptional product

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Saves me time and money. Very good product!

Pros

It is quite intuitive. It does so many things for me that I would spend endless time trying to do for myself. It is also priced fairly.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thanks for the review, Jared, and for being a valued customer for so long!

-Eran

Shareef M.
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Great program!

Reviewed on 2019/04/20

I really like your program! The software is easy to use and the website is very simple to edit, especially for someone like me who is NOT very savvy when it comes to things like this!

Thank you for this!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, as well as the automatic billing feature. It allows me to focus on teaching, and I don't have to stop class to take payments. I also really like the simplicity of the website and how simple it is to add or make edits.

Cons

I kept getting spam messages in my lead form, now that Captcha has been added that is no longer a problem!

Earl D.

Fantastic software

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

Payment system and student lead tracking is unparalleled.

Pros

This software is amazing for keeping a martial arts school on track. They are continually improving features as well and we highly recommend anyone use it.

Cons

The website feature could offer more freedom for design.

Charles O.

Excellent!

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

I like the fact that it comes with the website which is very user friendly. It integrates everything you need to operate smoothly.

Cons

The only suggestion I have, and I may just not be aware of it, is having the ability to have someone sign up and pay on the spot through the lead forms, and have auto responders for emails.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thank you for the review Charles, and we'll definitely look into adding your suggestion!

-Eran

Branden G.

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2016/05/31

After three years of dodging the bigger companies peddling their software my partner and I decided to give MA on Rails a try using our new location as a testing platform. Any issues or questions we had were answered promptly and any feedback we have was immediately put to use to make our software truly comparable for our gym.. After a month we asked for a little more time to decide and were given another month. Currently we are using MA on rails at both of our locations and are very happy with the product and service provided.

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Branden and Shawn were a couple of our earliest customers with Honu BJJ, and we really appreciate them trying us out and are looking forward to continue to improve their experience with us. Thanks again for reviewing us!

Kroyler G.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Incredible, no complaints. It would be great to have an app.

Pros

Ease of use and installation. Very simple and easy

Cons

More customizability on filters and emailing options

David G.

Great product, great service

Reviewed on 2016/06/01

This software is very useful for martial arts gyms. I run a grappling gym, and the features for this software are fantastic. Further, the developer is extremely responsive, and walked me through the entire process from start to finish. He is also consistently updating his product, and incorporates feedback from the user to make Martial Arts on Rails better every month. I would recommend this software to anyone!

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thank you, David, for your continued support of our product!

Derrick T.

The Best Software for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy!

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

Very helpful, if you had any issue they will answer you right away! The software is easy to use to keep track of your members. Martial on Rails have done a great job and I recommended to anyone out there!

Response from Martial Arts on Rails

Thank you for the kind words, Derrick! We hope you'll continue to enjoy using our software.

-Eran

Stephen C.

Nothing but amazing!

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Pros

The beautiful UI and overall feel of the software got us hooked! This software is on par if not better than most big named software out there that we have tried at a fraction of the price! Although there are a ton of amazing features, nothing comes close to how the customer service makes you feel when you join. Customer service is hands down the best thing about this software. If we have an issue they personally emails us back almost instantly to get it resolved! They are there anytime of day to assist and make sure the software is running at its full potential. The best of all is that they listens to feedback and actually implements them! WHAT? I've asked my recent software many times for what I thought were simple requests, and have always gotten a "we will see what we can do" response. The software is constantly being updated and cared for! Martial Arts on Rails has been one of the greatest decisions we have ever made for our school/business. Don't be like us and wait to get started. Sign-up now and see for yourself how amazing this software is!

Cons

There is nothing to dislike. If we have an issue the customer service finds a way to fix it. No matter what.

Leigh-ann M.

Best Martial Arts Specific Software We've Used, Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

The customer service with MAonRails has been fantastic. Eran goes out of his way to help and answers quickly. They were also willing to work with us on price which for a small school is greatly appreciated.

Pros

The interface is clean, easy to navigate for students and administrator. Easy to customize and get up and running quickly. Like the family account feature, belt ranks are easy to create, add, and modify. Customer Service is fantastic, quick answers and always willing to help.

Cons

That each document cannot have a customizable email saved. A bit difficult to navigate belt ranks when different classes can count towards time in grade. Also, the gym schedule is not great. Would like to see a month at a time.

Jordan T.

Martial Arts In rails

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

It’s cuts down tons on paperwork and allows the use of a card for recurring monthly payments. Those are huge. We also keep attendance and rank in this and it helps tons as well. I was skeptical at first but will say that we highly enjoy its function.

Pros

Best customer support around!
Very streamline and easy to use
Ever evolving with input from customers
Less paperwork, mass emailing, just great in all areas.
Fair priced

Cons

- sometimes can be a little glitchy but Customer support always is right on it.

Richard B.

Straight Blast Gym Niagara Loves MAO

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Just a few days into getting the system operational for my gym I had many students message me saying they loved it, and how slick it looked. MAO is going to help me be even more personal with my students, and little details will no longer slip between the cracks.

Pros

I like how easy it is for my students to pre-book their classes, the dashboard is awesome showing me who is attending for the day's sessions, and the emailing system is one of my most liked features.

Cons

Any problem I thought I had with the program was actually with me. When I needed help, I messaged [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and every time he answered me back immediately. I have nothing but positives with MAO.

Sebastiao T.

Transformed our Club

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Prior to using Martial Arts On Rails we operated a manual system and as a consequence we were losing track of payments, grading, etc. For our club to continue to grow and provide the type of service our students deserve we did some extensive research of automated systems and opted for Manonrails as we found it to be a feature rich system which not only manages the basics very well but also allows you to monitor trends and provides a variety of metrics on the clubs performance and tools to help you grow the club. The sytem was created and managed by CEO who himself is a Martial Artist and therefore uniquely understands the needs of a martial arts club. In the event of any issues or queries the responsiveness of their customer support is nothing short of exceptional, we are on a different time zone here in Europe but that has never been an issue. Maonrails has totally transformed how we manage our clubs and we would have no hesitation in recommending them!

Pros

Ease of day to day use...Does not need additional hardware (works off a smartphone, tablet, pc, etc).... Feature rich... Dashboard providing a snapshot of key metrics...

Cons

Nil - anytime we have identified a new feature that would benefit our club they have modified they system to add the desired feature.

Svenja J.
  • Industry: Sports

Easy to set up - super helpful in our daily workload

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

MAoR was super easy to implement in our gym and almost self explaining. If there was any question we got lightning fast responses and help.
It seems they are still developing further features for the application and adding it with every update.

Pros

Members can admin their profiles themselves and keep them up to date
Recurring payment and customized membership options
Homepage set up via MAonRails
Various Admin / Staff profiles with different access options

Cons

- payment options not compatible with Switzerland ;-)

George I.

excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

Constantly improves software features. Very prompt with support and any questions. We highly recommend Martial Arts on Rails.

Cons

No complaints everything has worked very well.

Marion R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Program

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Been a great experience to us new owners so far.

Pros

I like the alerts when a payment is due or a member hasn't been present in a while.

Cons

I dislike not being able to give INDIVIDUAL stripes when a promotion is made. I can put stripes on the color belts, but it shows everyone with the same stripes. Hope that makes sense. Correcting this would make it easier for promotions.

Lucas M.

Great software for the price

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

This software is great for the price. Very well thought out and well done

Cons

The website does not look great on desktop. Somewhat tough to align everything properly

Master C.

Simple the best, better than all the rest.....

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Been using their software coming up for 6 months and so far they get 10 out of 10.

Pros

What can I say, I have tested many systems promising so much and in the end either too difficult to learn or just doesn't deliver. However with Martial Arts on Rails it was completely different, easy to set up, easy to use and students/instructors love it.

Cons

Nothing... I have tried so many other systems and to pick something wouldn't help someone looking to test their system. Yes I have things I would like developed for my organisation and their support team are truly there if you need them... I wished i found them years ago....

Daniel H.

Best decision ever

Reviewed on 2019/08/25

Couldn't run a proper martial arts business without this. Great software at reasonable prices.

Pros

Cloud based. Suited to remote management of school. Well designed features with a martial arts school in mind. Fantastic service and responsive support.

Cons

Has some kinks, but development team sorts it out really quick. So it's not really a con. Just an indication of a work in progress that's already quite top notch.

Jerad D.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Exactly what we needed

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

Pros

Easy to use, very responsive and helpful developers to help ease our transition. All the features we want

Cons

There’s no app, but one is in development

Ben L.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Excellent choice for member management

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The team is quick to respond and open to suggestions for features.
The setup is pretty simple and easily integrates with payment software.
The FrontDesk option is a nice feature for allowing students to check in.
Great set of features for the price.

Cons

Updating members isn't always easy.
Some of the links and buttons don't work as expected.
Ability to customize memberships, especially for 'no cost' memberships, is limited.
No feature to allow for more than one version of a waiver to be used at the same time or to include a waiver and a membership agreement during the sign up process.