CaterTrax Reviews

CaterTrax

Catering management software for foodservice companies

4.6/5 (125 reviews)
Laura B.

CaterTrax is great!

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

We use CaterTrax to keep track of all floor supplies in addition to using it for tracking all of our caterings. Catering orders are easy to do, and payments are easy to process, with a variety of payment options, to include secure credit card processing. We've been a customer since 2012, and it has been a very valuable piece of our food service package. I'm sure I don't utilize the reporting aspect of the software as much as I probably could, but I am able to run several different types of reports that help us keep track of product movement, sales, etc.

Pros

I like that CaterTrax keeps track of what was ordered, when it was ordered, when we're expected to deliver, and allows for multiple admins to manage the site-we use Catering and Floorstock modules, and I can assign floorstock orders to each nursing manager's account as an admin, and send them notifications OR opt to allow each of them to check their own account periodically. Most of my customers like ordering their supplies or caterings for meetings/events using the site.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the inability to add multiple payees-some departments in our hospital share resources like coffee dispensers, and it would be handy to be able to split their billing three ways without having to do the math or account selection myself every time. It isn't difficult, just a little inconvenient. There are other things to do with customization of menus that are a little annoying, but it's beyond my or CaterTrax's control-they've been instructed by our management company to retain control over most menu development aspects of the software, so I am no longer able to customize to the degree I'd like to. We can still do custom orders, though, so there is that opportunity to manage fulfilling what our customers request beyond the regular menu.

Ruth W.

CaterTrax Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

My experience is above average. The soft ware is easy to manage and user friendly.

Pros

The ability to look at a whole month and see all the caterings. Also, I like how I can click on an individual weeks or days.

The ability to have recurring caterings without having to put each one in individually.
I like the kitchen function. It creates a list of items that are needed for each catering.

Cons

I don't like how we are now required to change our password every 90 days. I work in healthcare and we only have to change our master password once a year.

In regards to changing our master password, a couple of weeks ago I got an email saying I had to change my password. I watched all the videos and still was not successfully in changing my password. When I called customer service for help I was number 12 in line.

However, once I got a customer rep they were very nice and helpful. I am a little concern that this problem will occur every time I have to change my password.

As far as a con for the software. I do not have the ability to split charges to two separate parties for one catering.

7.0/10
Tonia B.

Decent Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Overall it has been ok. Again, several situations of unnecessary issues that could have been avoided with a phone call or asking more thorough questions.

Pros

Customers are able to place their own orders, request changes, etc. via the software and us time in doing so. Allows for multiple individuals to acquire the information in real time. Web based program allows for customers and users to access software from anywhere.

Cons

Challenging to make menu adjustments as you have to submit a support ticket every time. As an admin, I should have some freedom to make adjustments as I need. It takes me more time to complete a support ticket than it would take to make the adjustment in the program. Getting the proper assistance from the tech team can be challenging. They often make modifications that have ripple affects to the system and don't communicate what those affects are. If the company hired a few techs who have actually worked in catering, I think they would have a better understanding of what the end user needs and what we as customers are trying to accomplish.

7.0/10
Bobbie F.

Honestly Helpful

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

My overall experience with CaterTrax has been beyond exceptional. Not only does it help to keep me organized, but it is extremely easy for my clients to use and the invoicing process helps to keep clients organized as well.
One of my favorite parts about the system is that we were able to put a deadline on catering orders, meaning after a certain time, clients cannot submit catering orders. For example, a client can not submit an order at 6:00 pm the day before their requested catering. While I try to accommodate all requests, even last minute ones, if special items were not ordered, I simply cannot be prepared. The system will notify the client that they need to call me directly to ensure their request can be met.
The system in whole helps me be prepared and organized each and every day!

Pros

The best thing about the CaterTrax system is how helpful it is on a daily basis. It ensures organization on busy catering days. The functionality of the system, along with the ease of use helps each day to run smoothly.

Cons

The only real fault that I have found with the CaterTrax system is that when processing payments, credit cards may be declined the first time around, especially if I try to run one payment right after another; however, providing there isn't an issue with the credit card on file, the payment process will be accepted the second time around.

Lori K.

The streamlining of billing and ordering save so much time. Well worth the money

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

It has streamlined our entire process from the beginning till the end. It doesn't matter the size of your catering business because it can be personalized for all areas. We use several of the Catertrax components that helps us maintain Floorstock, Catering, and Off site ordering. The reports feature is to share with clients so they can see on a daily basis what is being ordered to help with their budgets. I have worked with several different software systems for Catering is this is by far the most advanced and adjustable to our business needs than any other.

Pros

The online ability to place orders, add or delete items, and duplicate on both the client side and admin side are time savers for all. The ability to build reports needed for your specific unit are vital in sharing information with clients about inventory control and past catering events.

Cons

Need to allow admins to add new items as needed without submitting a support ticket. A "super user" should be allowed to perform this function.

One of the best software available!

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

It turns out that we were not fully utilizing all the functions of the program! We had thought this was a one way tool but later realized that it is interactive with botht eh client and us. This allowed the customer to make changes once the catering was already in place. Because we validated the order it was easy to double check to make sure the catering was correct. Also, we could customize the layout as many times as we wanted, so that we could grow as our customer's needs changed.

Pros

Mostly, ease of use. The platform to do business can be a very complex one, especially in catering. After reviewing several programs we chose Catertrax for the ease of use, ability to add more user functions and the ability to customize the experience.

Cons

Some of the features require some comprehensive training, which costs extra in our case. I would have thought there would be unlimited training free of charge but that does not seem to be the case with us.

Annette P.

Purchasing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

All of my experiences have been good. If I contact customer service my issues are resolved quickly and my interactions with them are always positive. I feel that my needs are being met and it is an overall great software. Before CaterTrax my duties were tedious and time consuming. CaterTrax has definitely made my job easier.

Pros

CaterTrax is great! It is fairly easy to navigate and easy to use. There are a lot of tools to help me work more efficiently and get tasks done in a timely manner. The report configurator is a great tool as I can choose what dates I want the report to be built around. I can breakdown costs by account, payment method and dates.

Cons

There is no option to see a breakdown of each customer. An option to choose a customer and see their order history. If I run a customer breakdown report, it reports for every customer, versus choosing a customer to generate a report for.

Brianne S.

Excellent Option for Tracking Floorstock Charges

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Catertrax has saved me a ton of time on placing orders and keeping track of expenses!

Pros

Catertrax has a warm feel to it. The graphics are inviting and have a genuinely fresh feel to them. I also like that our customers are able to track their orders and spending with interference from me.

I love how easy it is for anyone to use and that it is reliable for our customers. The service team is excellent and handle issues right away.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the Catertrax is the "Pin System" for tracking orders. I am the admin, but my staff tracks orders and prints them. We lose orders in the process sometimes, so it would be great if multiple people could have limited access to advancing an order without having to go through the admin steps. A bar code or check off number would be very helpful.

Julia R.

Great System

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

I've had a positive experience from day 1. The entire team is there to set you up for success and make sure the program works with your needs.

Pros

CaterTrax is highly customizable, the customer service was excellent and they are there to help you every step of the way during implementation, training and after. Customers place their own orders and everything is updated on the calendar quickly so nothing gets missed or forgotten. In addition to catering ordering, we also use it for floor stock management for the hospital units.

Cons

I have customers frequently having issues with passwords, so I spend a lot of time resetting passwords and doing support over the phone. Not a huge issue but it is frustrating sometimes to try to reset someone's log-in and the link doesn't work for them, etc.

Lynn R.

Catertrax-- Helpful, organized, frustrated with password issues and customer support at times

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

It's easy to manage data across several facilities in our health system.

Pros

Catertrax helps me to manage financial reporting for 13 facilities in our health care system. It's also convenient for users who schedule room reservations at multiple locations. We can track product sales. They were helpful after an audit with Price Waterhouse Coopers as we overhauled our floorstock. One tech Olesh Muraji was outstanding in his customer service on this project.

Cons

It does not update passwords /synch with our employer's Single Sign On Imprivata Agent. Users are often locked out of their Catertrax account after they change their password every 6 months for our health system. Customer Service is often challenging. Some techs will close tickets before allowing me to check and make sure they've completed the task I've asked them to do. It's very hard to communicate what you want fixed or created at times-- I don't feel like they look at things from the user's perspective. For example; I've asked for corrections to be made to have consistency at every Catertrax web page in our system as it seems like different folks worked on the set up. Users have to place orders or check out slightly differently at different facilities and the techs "claim" they can't change things-- seems like they don't want to take the time to make corrections and would be bothered to do so-- like it's making more work for them. There's often disconnect between the non-techy users and the super technical customer support staff. I've had other Admin Users state the same thing.

6.0/10
Marina J.

Cater Trax In Higher Education

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

I've been using Cater Trax for almost 5 years in 2 different roles with 2 different companies. First, as a Catering Supervisor...as a new user the software is user friendly. Navigation of the site is quite easy and moves quickly from one window to another.
As an Admin/Finance Manager, the reporting is definitely helpful! Applying payment is clear and simple. Navigation of the finance reports is easily generated. Finding invoices and reports is a breeze.

Cons

Not much to unlike. As with any software, once you take the tutorial it flows pretty seamlessly. And if you get stuck the support is a click or call away.

Stacy T.

Cater Trax

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Customer service is great, and very quick. The record keeping of this program is what makes this campus function. The invoicing with this program is on point, and makes for a clean professional invoice to send my clients. Overall - without this program, there would be zero to no organization in our three million dollars of catering we do a year.

Pros

This software makes my job a lot easier. I have students and clients who constantly are asking to duplicate orders, repeat what we did last year (or years past). This is the perfect system for record keeping.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to make the Credit Card connection easier for us. Currently we cannot take credit cards via cater trax.

Stephanie J.

Catertrax is the bomb!

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

I love the fact that the customers can place orders from anywhere with internet access. The ability for the customer to order eliminates transcription errors. The ability to see the day at a glance is great when making schedules--I can easily see which days I need to staff up and which days are light. The tracking portion is a lifesaver when there is any question about what/when/where something was ordered.

Cons

I would like to see better reports. They don't always meet my needs. I will say however, that customer service has been very responsive to my requests for orders that aren't listed.

Mike S.

New user relief

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Catertrax has been a nice surprise for tracking and managing my catering activity. All my information is in one place and the reporting functionality is something I did not have before. Now with customer inquiries, the answer is usually a click away!

Pros

I was reluctant to start using Catertrax because "my way" had been working fine. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved to see how much the sight could do for me. I find having history on my customer orders to be a major plus. It's a one stop site for all my catering info.

Cons

In a shared, multi-unit usage situation there is some confusion moving from site to site and getting the site to follow along.

Megan R.

Catertrax Ease of use

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Catertrax is very easy to use and even the customer support is very fast in response to any issues. We have had to have orders reopened as well as have things changed with payment and it was a very smooth process that was done faster than anticipated!

Pros

After the catertrax update I feel that the website is more inviting to customers and the ease of use is very easy. I have customers that are able to use the website with no issues and have even had comments of how nice it is. Many of our continued customers had commented on the new update saying it is more inviting and easy to navigate!

Cons

Sometimes I have customers that cannot get logged in because their passwords do not work and they seem to have a hard time resetting it. It may be a user error but that is the only issues I have with Catertrax

Angelique N.

Best Catering Online Ordering System

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

They are always looking for ways to improve and keep up with the changes in technology and they allow the customers to provide suggestions and feedback.

Pros

Before CaterTrax, we were spending hours inputting our catering orders into excel. I used CaterTrax at a previous job presented the benefits of using this program to my boss. He was on board, but our corporate office wanted us to use Caterease. I put together another presentation comparing the two programs and and after a long discussion, we were able to get CaterTrax. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel! This was the best thing we brought to our department and clients.

Andy B.

Makes My Life Easy

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

With Catertrax orders are never missed. It's always obvious when someone wants to make a change to their order. I can very quickly look at the day, and have confidence that I'm prepared and have all of the information I need.

Pros

Catertrax has streamlined all of the orders received for my 5,000 employee two building account. It's simple for the customers to use, and helps me as a Catering Director to see the orders coming in so I can wow my clients every day.

Cons

I would appreciate if payment information didn't have to be entered if a customer is ordering from a different building. For example: I have a North Plaza customer who has previously ordered from the South Plaza. They now have to enter their Credit Card info again, because they're ordering for a different Plaza.

Toni C.

CaterTrax for Multiple Users across Multiple Locations

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pretty good program to learn and use - the how to videos and printable directions are to the point and understandable.

Pros

Consolidated program that our customers can use to order catering for meetings and other events.
A one stop shop for the whole planning, purchasing and records of events past and future, as well as duplicating orders to future dates.

Cons

When working within CaterTrax as an administrator putting orders in for customers it can be difficult completing their orders under their name - I have experienced the program kicking me off or restarting the ordering process all over again.

Robin M.

Very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

As an admin user I like the ease of correcting a customer order if need be or adjusting their time.
I also like to be able to see what is reserved in one room only if you want to use that option.
The on line wallet is also a great tool, I like that the customer can have multiple cost centers if they work in different departments.

Cons

There is a lot of clicking to do when you add catering, I wish the steps were a little simpler.
When customer have log on problems I wish Catertrax would also call them to help as our IT department does not support Catertrax.

Scott W.

As many people I was scared of the unknown - now I would NOT want to do my job without CaterTrax

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

ALL OF THE FEATURES - this encompasses all catering orders into one program which allows you to research year over year, month over month information and to see who is ordering and what they are ordering at a glance. Production list features are great when you have a lot of events in a short period of time. In my experience I have come to rely on the entire CaterTrax platform to ensure our success!

Cons

Really the biggest problem would be the sometimes the organization and repetitive or unneeded nature of the information that has to be included.

Jeff W.

Long Time User

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Catertrax has streamlined several programs in my locations where I have implemented the program. Ordering Floor stocks for the nursing units has really saved time and money for the companies. It help reduce waste and over stocking, there are printed records of what was ordered, who received and the units can now keep within their budgets.
The catering aspect has also made ordering simpler. Guests know the costs and are not surprised when they get their bills as they know when they order the costs with detailed accounts of costs.

Pros

The pros of the software are you can set up the program how it best fits your companies needs. The staff will talk you through the program and they ask question you may not have thought of to make sure you are getting the best program fro your customers needs.

Cons

The biggest con from my experience is it's never easy to get everyone on board with the new program of ordering. There are those that think they understand its use but really do not. So getting everyone to training is key to the ease and success.

Linda W.

Catertrax as a whole.

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

I have used other online ordering systems in the past, and find Catertrax to be the best one so far. It takes a few orders for new users to find items and become comfortable with placing their own orders, but it makes the catering sales coordinators job much easier.

Pros

Catertrax provides many ways to help evaluate product sales, customer sales.
Good daily report for a run sheet.
Awesome tools to edit customer event sheets.
Love that they can view their own account and place their own orders

Cons

I would like to be able to create specific reports without having to involve the support team.

Amine B.

Traxer

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

The software is great and customers friendly. I found it easy to operate. Lastly, customer service is fast and they always solve the problem that I have on hand.

Pros

I like the tracking capabilities of tracking orders and payments in the calendar. I good snapshot of what you need to do and what’s coming. The icons are very helpful as well managing the daily operations.

Cons

The pop up payment window. It looks small and it hides behind open windows. Sometimes, you get error massage. A larger wonder and more reliable CC processing system will be helpful.

Erika E.

Catertrax

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

For the most part using CaterTrax has really helped our company for the better. while the system still has some things that would be nice to have for example a comment box when you block a date so you and other administrators know why the date is being blocked.

Pros

The feature I enjoy the most is being able to run reports to see what our business fluctuation. This in turn help me plan ahead food and labor.

Cons

Sometimes I fix things to what works best for us but after a while they will get switched back to what they used to be. For example the way we view our Orders.

Cathy S.

Catertrax is an amazing software program for anyone that offers a catering program

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

The catertrax system is very user friendly. We have a lot of intern students that join us throughout the year and I always have them put in test orders on the system to see how good and easy it is to use. I also ask that if they have any complaints or constructive comments to let me know. They are always very impressed with the site.

Cons

Just wish I could have easier access to the list of approvers and able to print myself. Presently I have to contact a catertrax support person who gives me the list