FitSW Reviews

FitSW

Client fitness tracking for personal trainers

4.5/5 (116 reviews)
Magda V.

Great App to use, my customers love it!

Reviewed on 2018/06/16

It makes my Gym unique in my area, We are the only ones that have an app available for our customers!

Pros

I only needed a platform to do meal plans and exercise plans without all the other add-on's that cost a lot of money from other developers.
Simple and easy, especially if you are just a start-up business that wants the bells and whistles without breaking the bank.

Cons

If the developers would provide quality video's from the FitSW crew it would look more professional. I would also hire attractive model's for the video shoots as people can be quite shallow in that regard and love looking at pretty things! :)

The videos from FitSW crew is within the perfect time frame (20 - 40 seconds) which is perfect for me, as I don't want to waste my clients time on the floor. The other video links from other youtubers is too long, I often replace them with shorter videos.

Don't ever take away the functionality of replacing the link with your own, there is a lot of exercises out there like Pilates exercises that I like to add to my exercise program. This is such a fantastic feauture to your product and one of the reasons I am using it.

Joe G.

Exactly what I needed to help me better track all of my clients and their information!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

FitSW saves me time because it lets me quickly build client workouts, diet plans and map out client goals. It then saves all this information so that I can easily access it or update it whenever I need to. The progress graphs also help me keep my clients engaged and motivated because I can show them how far they have come and we focus on improvement together.

Pros

I like the fact that I can keep track of all of my clients' important information in one single application. Being able to build comprehensive fitness plans, diet plans and tracking progress in one single app makes my job much easier and seems to keep my clients much more engaged. I also like how responsive the FitSW team is to my feature requests and improvement requests.

Cons

Hard to mention something here as the team usually responds quickly to any improvement requests I have. One thing I guess I could mention is there are a lot of exercises in the exercise database - many of which I don't use. The app lets me search for the ones I want and I can delete the ones I don't use which is nice. But maybe if there was a way when I signed up to only sign up with the basic exercise database so I didn't have to delete the ones I don't use.

Cory P.

The Perfect Workout Companion

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Let me work more easily with my personal trainer, and also empowered me to learn and correctly perform new exercises when she wasn't physically available.

Pros

Navigating the app is incredibly intuitive. Creating or altering an exercise routine is just as simple. The app makes it simple to chart progress in body changes (which can sometimes be difficult to see by the eye alone.)

But perhaps the best part of this app is that each exercise is linked to a demonstration video. This means if a user doesn't have a personal trainer, they can watch how to correctly perform each exercise. This is an incredibly useful and empowering thing to offer, and helps cut down on confusion at the gym.

Cons

Being as robust as it is, the app sometimes has to trade in on user-friendliness. For certain exercises, I want to do several sets of an exercise for a period of time, as opposed to for a series of repetitions. From what I can tell, this is not an option in the app, but can easily be worked-around by writing a note under the exercise.

My trainer has also put in exercises that do not come with a video demonstration. It's likely these were custom exercises that didn't come with the stock app, so the lacking video was understandable. But a feature for me to embed a video with those exercises, myself, would have been handy.

Joe D.

I needed a simple system to help me organise and track my client's programmes, FitSW is exactly that

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

I could get rid of all of the paper printed client programmes I was initially using which looked messy and unprofessional.

I can provide meal plans and exercise programmes for overseas clients and clients that are away on holiday with ease.

It has saved time and helped improve the efficiency and professionalism of my business.

Pros

I like the fact that clients have access to their programme / diet via their phone, so when I go on holiday I can easily leave them to still follow their programme without me. The macro breakdown on the diet section is really useful and is great for educating my clients on what kinds of foods they should eat and at what times of day etc.

Cons

When you try to enter multiple sets and rep ranges for a particular exercise on the software and click 'update' or 'save' workout, it does not save with the commas and different numbers.

However, when you input different weights/rep ranges on the app and click 'update' or 'save', it does save it with the different rep ranges etc.

This means that on much iPad, I usually do all of my work on FitSW by logging into the software through a browser, but when a client does a pyramid set - for example - I have to log into their programme via the app to actually input the data for that set.

It's just a bug in the system that gets frustrating as it can be unnecessarily time consuming.

William D.

Great value for your what you pay.

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Ability to put together a fitness plan for a client in a matter of mins. Then have the ability to sent comments back-and-forth.

Pros

Very dynamic in that you can quickly put together a fitness plan for anyone in a matter of minutes. Very easy to modify, add , and change as well.

Cons

Reminders are greatly lacking. I should not need to add a workout to my Calendar in order to have reminders sent to the client. The most important event that has to take place is consistent and constant touch points with the customer, and without reminders, this puts the emphasis on the Trainer. This is hard to do as your client base grows.

Vijay M.

Very Intuitive Software helpful for my Training Progress

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

I am very pleased with this software. I like that I can access it through an app on my phone. Even though I have an android and my trainer has an iPhone, they both work together well.

Pros

I am a client and this software really helps me stay connected with my trainer and on track. I like that he can easily deliver workouts to me and I get notifications when I have a new workout.

Cons

None found yet...I am looking forward to trying the meal-plan feature but I haven't looked at it yet and don't know yet how to log my own foods. So a tutorial on that would be nice.

Kekoa G.

Good App

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Excellent

Pros

That it is easy and offers a good amount f fitness and nutritional selections. However, I would like to see more fitness exercises and nutritional options added to the selections more often!

Cons

Sometimes it isnt working properly and you have to email support and wait for them to fix the issue leaving your clients in the clouds about their plans

Lisa P.

It's an excellent tool for tracking clients' measurements in visual format.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Pros

It's inexpensive, there's no commitment, and the client logs don't disappear over time. I also like that you can view results in table format.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make the table format more printer friendly. I'd also like to be able to brand my own page and would be willing to pay more to do this (like Trainerize, etc.).

Jennifer W.

Has made my training business much easier

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Has really help me manage my business

Pros

Easy to use and helps me keep track of all my clients. Really like being able to use the schedule to keep track of everything. Like that you guys added a photo section

Cons

It be nice if you guys updated some of the exercise list. This would help us trainers to come up with new and exciting workout ideas

Malexy s. Q.

I love having my own virtual trainer and best of all, I do not stop doing my homework to go to a gym

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Maintain physical and mental health, design my own exercise and nutrition plan.

Pros

What I like the most is that I have my own virtual trainer, since each exercise is accompanied by a demonstration video, facilitating the training. It is an easy tool to use and very useful for those of us who care about our health, our food and our physical appearance. I like that through the application you can create an Exercise Plan, associated with a Diet Plan and in turn you can follow up on the exercise routine, being able to define it as an integral application of exercises.

Cons

I would like to be able to download my own training videos to know if I am doing them well, which would motivate me more to continue with the exercise routine.

It is important to improve the advertising campaign, I learned of the application by a friend who uses it and I loved it.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! You can now create and download your own trainer videos. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Stephanie C.

Very organized, Beautiful system to manage my gyms clients

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Organization

Pros

Customer service is unbeatable ! Love the funtionality of the program.?Easy to use. I like the fact that I can have all my trainers using the program.There is nothing out there quite like it.I save on paper records that really was messy now I don't have to do that anymore.I also love the graph portion of the System.

Cons

Just waiting for the phone app to work with the pc version . I do t really have any cons only the app portion. The excercise on workout have commercials. Sometimes users can't log on to their account.I would like to be able to download my own exercises as demonstrations

Traci Y.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/09/18

This is great with keeping up with my workouts via my trainer. I've been motivated to see my progress and keep going. Its definitely helped me to reach my fitness goals and stay motivated.

Pros

I like how easy it is to see my workouts as well as the demonstrations of them. My trainer or even I can edit my workouts fast and record my progress. The mobile platform is definitely better on Android than it is iOS and I've used both. I also like how easy I can record my weight and such.

Cons

I wish inputting my progress was a bit faster? It definitely is a lot more simply laid out on android than iOS. I can get to where I want faster in the android app than the iOS one. This is more a functionality thing than anything else.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have now updated the iOS progress entry to be like the Android progress entry. Please let us know what you think and if you would like to see any other improvements. You can contact us at [email protected]

Channell H.

Best tool for small business and personal trainers, and their clients!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Ease of program development, communication with customers and training staff!

Pros

I love demo videos, sending and receiving messages and being able to share tasks with clients for them to check off!

I also love being able to track body composition in graph format.

Cons

Scheduling capabilities, would love to be able to manage a full calendar from one screen.

Demo videos- in progress!

Carlos C.

It's just ok. Some of the platform needs to be debugged.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

It's accessible from anywhere and the easy part of losing workouts. But the inputs of the weights and reps is pretty archaic.

Pros

All of the workouts for several months and pics and be entered. I like that you have the videos and ability to take to he trainer.

Cons

How the workouts load up. Needs to load easier. And the app is not very good at all. Lots of work needed

Response from FitSW

As you likely have seen, we completely redid our mobile apps and they run much smoother now. Let us know if you have any other issues. Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Briana B.

Amazing

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/09/18

I love it, it altogether is amazing and i would recommend it to anyone!

Pros

I really loved how easy it was to view your workouts and the progress you have made throughout your goal and the ease it is to stay in contact with your personal trainer.

Cons

The only con I would have about the software is that the workouts do not disappear if you fail to do one. I missed a couple days of my workout and it’s still there so when I go to find my other workouts i have to scroll through the ones i missed

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have just added a "Not Met" option now so you can move these missed workouts to the Not Met category and they will no longer show. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Preston J.

Excellent Software.

Ease of use.

Pros

Very good software for a trainer. Works very well. Occasionally there are a few bugs, but it is addressed fast. I hate the fact that they raised the price from 1.99 to 4.99 a month.

Cons

The price changed and I did not like that at all. Please lower the price for us. Other than that it is a good product.

Liza C.

Great app for personal Trainers

Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Been amazing. I used to write fitness program from my desk top on excel and email to my clients. But now I can just update the workout I like my clients to perform. This increases adherence and compliance. Keeps my clients motivated when I drop them a message from the app after they completed the workout. They know that I am always keeping tab of their.

Pros

I could easily select exercises from the library for my pt session on the go!

Cons

Client can’t book sessions from mobile app.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback!

excellent program, it facilitates me the work with my clients, I recommend it totally mind..........

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

exelent !

Pros

What I like most about this program is the way to get free from work I can keep my clients in good shape without having to be by their side I recommend it

Cons

Until now, I have not had any kind of problems, I hope I do not have them, it's worth buying this program

Shakeel A.

Robust, profession and best personal trainer app I have used.

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Everything about fitness, personal trainers. In a nutshell it got everything for a person who want to stay fit and in shape.

Pros

This has been soo helpful in helping me to stay organized and on track. I really like the workout detail view in helping me complete my workouts.

Cons

i wish they advertised more so I would have found this sooner. If they had reached me sooner I would have been more fit.

Nicole L.

As a personal trainer I use this app with my clients and for myself.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

It is very easy for me to communicate with my clients. They like the timer feature as well as being able to see what they are supposed to be doing if they forget the exercise. I enjoy being able to pick and choose which progress graphs I would like the clients to use. It's a good way for them to see how they are doing and what they still need to work on.

Cons

To get to the workout for the day, my clients need to scroll to the bottom of the workout section. It would be nice if the workouts for that day were shown first.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently updated the sorting of workouts so that you can choose how they are displayed and the ordering. Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Wendy C.

Good value, mostly quick navigation, found a glitch and work around in edit function

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

Pros

The exercise data base is pretty well stocked, and it is easy to add them. Clients can easily access their plans from their phones, it links to nutrition tracking. Also like the ability to upload docs, and the assessment portion.

Cons

Some of the saved videos don't display great form and function, others have ads. The scheduling series portion is a little cumbersome. on the copy function it would be better if the 1st client name didn't default (forget to change it.) if you make a mistake creating an exercise you can't edit or delete it. would be great to have the option of being able to record your own video or insert the link. Could add circuit as an option like the superset button

Sojourner O.

adequate for the need

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

I never missed an appointment or important communication with my trainer

Pros

I received notifications with meetings changes quickly. Emails and notifications always included the link to quickly navigate to the site.

Cons

The graphics on the scheduler were difficult to read. Often, I was confused about when my trainer was available and when she wasn't

6.0/10
Vivek R.

Workout Training Made Simple

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Pros

- Clients can easily follow the workout model watching demo videos
- Mobile apps available on android and iOS, with android version more intuitive
- Emails and notifications wherever necessary
- Trainer-client interaction through app is really useful

Cons

- Nothing in particular. The iOS mobile app can be more stable

Dante D.

Good so far. Only a few minor bugs but they're not that bad.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

Client/trainer interaction is good. I assign workouts then get a confirmation when they are completed.

Cons

I wish I could sort the completed work outs by date or title for easier review.

Response from FitSW

We have recently added sorting by data or title. Thank you for your feedback! Let us know if you have any other feedback or feature requests.

Blair H.

Best Software Available

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

I love the fact that the workouts are fully customizable. The clients also get a professional experience with their log in and password and easy to use formatting.

Cons

I do wish I could save workouts without having to redo them or copy and paste to another client. I wish I would have a file with all my workouts I've added in the software and just select workouts I would like to repeat and send to multiple clients at a time.

Response from FitSW

Thank you for the great feedback Blair! We have added a Favorite workouts section that make it easy for you to copy to clients without having to redo the workout or go searching for it. This should solve the issue you mention. Let us know if there is anything we can add to this feature that would make it even better.