Termly

Justin
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Great Company

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

Pros

GREAT Company and platform. It is great to have terms of service and privacy policies written for you to embed in website. When a policy changes you just edit the policy and click publish, no need to find every place on your website that you put the agreement to edit it. Company is great as well. Price and pricing strategy has changed since I purchased but they keep renewing me with the price and terms that I originally purchased which is great too.

Cons

Really wish they had a plug-in for TOS acknowledgment banners within iOS apps.

Response from Termly

Thank you Justin for the feedback, we are glad you like our service. As for the TOS banner, I will pass this along to our development team.

Dominic
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Termly Is Amazing for Compliance and Policies

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

Termly has been great to work with. They have been responsive to questions we have had to ask and their app works as intended.

Pros

We really like that Termly helps us keep on top of compliance and helps us write policies for our website. If anything changes with laws or policies, it is automatically updated.

Cons

The autoblocker blocks some of our most popular apps on our website including chat, site search, reviews etc. We were able to create a workaround but it would be nice to have the ability to unblock apps and certain cookies in the backend.

TermsFeed and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Termly

Termly had the best options that fit our needs at a good price.
Mike
Mike
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good if you're concern is GDPR, but doesn't handle multi region well

Reviewed on 2021/07/23

Unfortunately, we have begun looking at more expensive solutions as it seems you et what you pay for when it comes to cookie consent and policy management platforms.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to set up from both a cookie consent and policy management standpoint. You can set how frequently it scans the site and updates the modules installed.

Cons

Doesn't handle multi-region compliance well if you're US based. Will not allow cookies to be set even in opt-out regions, resulting in a huge drop in analytics and remarketing capabilities.

Response from Termly

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your feedback!

Our team is pleased to hear that Termly is easy to use.

Regarding multi-regional compliance, You can minimize the impact of the cookie banner installation on analytics metrics using geo-targeted banner settings.

In regions unaffected by or have less strict data privacy laws, you can configure your Termly banner to be less strict and, therefore, more likely that your analytics cookies and scripts will be delivered for those regions.

Enable less strict consent settings:

Opt-out of receiving cookies instead of opt-in

Enable scroll-to-consent (implied consent)

You can find these settings on your Termly dashboard under Consent Management > Consent Banner settings > Consent settings.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer support team.

Sincerely,

The Termly Team

Forrest
  • Industry: Hospitality

Termly - making the complicated less complicated

Reviewed on 2023/12/21

I was tasked with making our marketing website compliant and to publish our policies on our marketing website. After some review and editing of the supplied templates I was able to publish and add links to the various policies I was able to create with Termly. I also like how they are supposed to keep the policies up to date as the requirements and laws change over time.

Pros

What I like about Termly is that it helped us be compliant without having to do too much. We installed the product, used the templates to customize our policies and were then able to publish them to our marketing website without a lot of hassle, in fact it was very easy to use. This process can be complicated and Termly helps reduce the anxiety of this very complex issue and makes it easy to deploy.

Cons

My only complaint so far is that there doesn't seem to be a lot of customization for the Wordpress plugins for the consent management banners. Other than that it is a pretty well thought out product and have found it to be very useful overall.

Sasha
  • Industry: Entertainment

Easy onboarding and thorough checks

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

Pros

easy and intuitive quiz to onboard into the tool

Cons

Some checks are a bit too thorough when you are switching to this new platform

Raffaele
  • Used for 1-5 months

Easy to Use and Designed Right

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

Easy to buy, easy to sign up. I had a legal question and they got back to me in 24 hours.

Pros

I choose Termly for its design and features. I ended up upgrading to the pro account to service a few websites and languages.

Cons

The documentation on how to place the cookie and privacy policy was good, but would like to have seen videos.

iubenda

Reasons for Switching to Termly

Although to cost was higher, the features and compliance were better. I take privacy seriously.
Patrick

Termly is a great service for those of us who aren't lawyers

Reviewed on 2021/07/24

Termly has been the perfect middle-ground for me in a sea of "free" policy generators that aren't as comprehensive or require much more manual entry and lookup and other professional options that cost an arm and a leg in fees to deploy.

I love the concept of always having automatically updating policies with regards to the ever-changing legal climate online and the mess of becoming compliant in a variety of jurisdictions and foreign countries and blocs.

Pros

Termly's website walks you through every possible edge case for compliance on your website for cookies, terms of use, and privacy policies. It does this through a step-by-step interview process whereby the data is collected based on your website's needs, features, and means of harvesting data from your users.

Once you are done answering termly's questions you end up with a pretty well structured and visually polished document that can be incorporated into your website in a variety of ways. I chose to link my policies directly to termly so that the most up-to-date edits from their legal team regarding website compliance and new privacy requirements in other countries are automatically addressed.

Cons

I wish the embedded feature that I am using would load quicker on my website. When I click on my policies I am greeted by a 2-3 second delay while the data is fetched from the server. It may seem pedantic on my end, but there must be a way to embed the policies and have them load faster with some form of pre-caching on termly's end or via website plugin of some kind.

I don't like the process of adding a new website to termly, however. It asks you to pay immediately and then there is no interstitial to tell me that the website has been created and is ready for policy creation. I have to add a website again and then it magically is ready for me. Something seems amiss about that workflow.

Dean

Great for creating policies for small businesses.

Reviewed on 2021/07/15

We found Termly on the web and are glad that we did. It saved an enormous amount of time creating and posting policies. For the price, it is a bargin!

Pros

We have found termly to be extremely easy to use. It was simple to create policies using the wizard. By answering a series of questions our policies were created for us in minutes. They look very professional and help us to remain compliant with very little effort. I highly recommend the product.

Cons

We had a small challenge figuring out how to place the policies on our website, but once we understood how to do so, it was very easy to update and maintain.

Hamza
Hamza
  • Industry: Management Consulting

We would be lost without Termly

Reviewed on 2023/05/08

I need to get our SaaS solution to be compliant. It needed a privacy policy, terms and conditions, and cookie policy. All of these took me no time to get done. The best thing, I can alter as needed without code change as the snippet will update. Love it.

Pros

Does everything we needed to stay on the right side of the legislation and to embed directly to our website.

Cons

I would be hard pushed to think of something negative to say about Termly; it just works.

Kurt
Kurt

Great solution for keeping sites up-to-date with Privacy Policy, Terms of Use and Cookie...

Reviewed on 2021/06/30

Termly has been a great solution to help our digital marketing agency provide privacy policies, terms of use and cookie notices for our clients' websites. Termly makes it easy to provide these important notices.

Pros

Termly makes it super easy to create privacy policies, terms of use and cookie notices and add them to your website.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. Termly is super easy to use and implement and does what it's supposed to do.

Berk

Termly is a turnkey GDPR compliance platform

Reviewed on 2022/09/28

Termly helps us to stay compliant with strict data regulation policies.

Termly helps us to stay compliant with strict data regulation policies.

Pros

Termly is a turnkey solution for GDPR compliance requirements of our web content. We stay compliant with regulations thanks to Termly.

Cons

Not offering a free trial period is the most crucial missing aspect of Termly which would be so much beneficial.

Steve
  • Industry: Publishing

Takes the headache out of policy management

Reviewed on 2021/06/04

I have been extremely pleased with Termly.

I have been extremely pleased with Termly.

Pros

Love the fact that Termly generates the appropriate verbiage based on a simple questionnaire. Also love the fact that Termly keeps my policies up to date and notifies me of important developments in the law governing required disclosures on business websites.

Cons

I would be glad for more flexibility with the look and design.

Response from Termly

Thank you Steve for the feedback and appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

Edward

Termly privacy and T & C policies for websites and apps

Reviewed on 2021/07/23

Very satisfied.

Very satisfied.

Pros

When my developer told me I needed a privacy policy and a terms & conditions policy, I had no clue where to start. I built these policies for my business applications using termly, It was simple. and I have modified the policies once or twice.

Cons

There really is no downside to this product.

Nathan
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

It's OK

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

As above in "cons", had a lot of issues which I think are avoidable and quite basic for a software development company
Their support team are pretty poor, they sometimes reply to you but rarely with anything helpful and almost always "I'll speak to our product team". It might be better to put that team in direct contact with the customers.

Pros

It's easy to set up, it scans automatically for new cookies on the website

Cons

Doesn't capture customers seeing new cookies which would be a great feature
Unable to share data between different websites which means you spend a lot of time putting the same data in multiple places
Modal pop-up is "in beta" so when it breaks your website the support team won't help, or reply to your tickets
Doesn't work with Google Consent Mode, requests to their support team go unanswered
Unable to download consent logs, this is a feature they support but raised multiple times with support and it's been fixed and then broken again

Response from Termly

Hi Nathan,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review!

It's great that you found Termly easy to use.

We apologize if our support team was unable to provide the level of support you expected. Your feedback will help us improve.

If there is anything we can do to assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Betty Ko
The Termly Team

Keshia

LOVE....LOVE.....OMG LOVE!

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

Before using termly we did not have a return policy. We now have complete compliance, and it has saved us so much money!

Pros

Ease of use, and integration to our website!

Cons

Unable to edit the page to look lore like documents already added to our website.

Andrew
  • Used for 6-12 months

Easy to implement without re-inventing the wheel

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

Set it and forget it. I have yet to receive a compliance request, but this software gives me piece of mind that I am adhering to various legislative bodies' requirements to protect end-user privacy and allow for them to opt-out of analytics tracking.

Pros

It's as easy as implementing analytics tracking on a website, just add the required snippets according to the installation guide and handle the rest from termly.io.

Cons

Locked into a subscription, so this increases the total cost of ownership for the web property.

Jerry

Good product, terrible customer service and technical support

Awful customer and technical support

Awful customer and technical support

Pros

I can’t use it and you don’t support your product to the customer.

Cons

Worthless if I can’t use it! Poor technical support and customer service.

Vincent

Effortless compliance

Reviewed on 2021/10/11

I wanted to make sure my website’s policies were well written and easy to update as needed.

Pros

Easy to set up and deploy. I had my first policy up in less than 10 mins.

Cons

I didn’t have many issues with this software. I do feel like I would like more customizations for the return policy like the ability to have a all sales are final with legalese.

Raz

TERMLY: A Must-Have Subscription for GDPR Compliance

Reviewed on 2023/05/15

Pros

TERMLY is a must-have subscription for anyone looking to ensure GDPR compliance for their website. The peace of mind that comes with knowing your website is compliant and protected is well worth the investment.

Cons

At this point, I have nothing that I don't like about Termly.

Cara
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Lifesaver for small business owners like myself!

Reviewed on 2022/02/09

Pros

Easy to use, instructions were easy to understand, and templates are professional.

Cons

Affordable, ease of navigation and filling in the templates, and wonderful instructions on whattk do and why. Having to look up the privacy policies of payment merchants, etc but it was worth the price.

Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Termly

More variety of generators and pricing

Reasons for Switching to Termly

Variety of policies and generators
Chris
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great for Cookie Consent

Reviewed on 2023/05/09

It was easy to install and easy to integrate.

It was easy to install and easy to integrate.

Pros

Termly offers a cost effective and easy to use cookie consent integration for websites. It provides you with features that lets you change theme settings.

Cons

Nothing, it was the best option for my Magento 2 websites.

Natalie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Convenient policy maker

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

Awesome, compliant legal documentation for my website/business.

Awesome, compliant legal documentation for my website/business.

Pros

I like most that the documents connect to my website/embedded, and can be updated real time.

Cons

I like document customization, but I wish more fonts were available

Josiah

Good Product

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

Pros

This is a pretty easy setup and the process goes fairly smoothly. It seems to work to block cookies on the site based on a user's response.

Cons

I worry that our clients are still able to be sued over things related to this as I believe Termly disclaims any liability.

Termageddon

Reasons for Switching to Termly

Full end to end help with this topic.
Amity
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Termly is a critical part of our website infrastructure.

Reviewed on 2023/05/02

Wonderful!

Wonderful!

Pros

Easy to use. They stay up to date on policy changes and make sure we stay compliant. One less thing to worry about.

Cons

I haven't found any problems other than a learning curve initially.

Danish

Bye bye expensive lawyers

Reviewed on 2022/03/15

Pros

I love the fact that policy creation, management and deployment is a piece of cake. I know my product better than anyone and for me, someone with no legal expertise what so ever being able to create complicated, compliant policies for next to no cost is brilliant.

Cons

I wish while creating policies each field was better explained with simpler terms.