ExakTime

Write a Review!
Time and location tracking for mobile & field workforces.

3.7/5
3.7/5
3.9/5
4.1/5

• Used for 2+ years

Does exactly what it should.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

I haven't had any issues and all of the features work without trouble. The ExakTime team was helpful and quick with implementation.

Cons

I don't know of much negative to say. The price is right for what it is and it works well. I suppose it could use a more modern looking UI.

Response from ExakTime

Hello,

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience and that the features are making your time tracking easier.

Aimee

From the moment we started using this software, we were saving money.

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Saves time and money from start to finish.

Saves time and money from start to finish.

Pros

The GPS locator showed when an employee was not at the location. When they attempted to punch in for work before they even left their house, the system would flag it red and the employee would have to be truthful. This was an important aspect to saving our company money. When you have 40 employees and several of them are making upwards or more and they are punching in for an extra 15-30 minutes daily, it makes a large difference. It also made job costing a breeze. Instead of spending several hours job costing a big job weekly, a few selections in the report screen and there is a complete breakdown within just a couple of minutes. This was an excellent money and time saver aspect of the program. Also, being able to just hit a few buttons and transfer all the time records to my accounting software for payroll is a miraculous thing for me. Instead of spending hours on time records for payroll, a couple of minutes and there it is, ready to go. On the accounting side of the program, just the money saved in time alone, paid for the program in all actuality.

Cons

If the employee turns off the GPS locator on their mobile device, they can beat the system. It is overall a great program.

Geof
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Review by a user and not a company

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

It does help keep track of time and automate time date collection

Cons

It is clunky and slow. When you start to enter time it sits through a "receiving" process that can take several minutes while you wait for it to be ready for you. When task switching it sometimes does the same. There should be an option to turn off time for a task other than exiting out completely or using the meal break - sometimes you need to stop timekeeping for a period. I end up using the meal break several times a day for this which ends up showing excessive breaks but it is better than exiting out completely each time. At the end of the day as a user the app slows me down and can be quite aggravating.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Geof,

We appreciate your honest feedback and are glad that it has helped keep better track of your employees time. If you'd like some assistance in perhaps making some systems changes to how you reflect meal breaks within the system to possibly speed up your process, please give us a call at 888-788-8463 so that we can have one of our techs assist you. We tried pulling up your account information using your name but could not find you as an active customer in our system and we would like to assist you with this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Mike

we use it for our commercial roofing construction company.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I like the fact that it allows us the ability to clock in with ether cell phones for our service crews or onsite job clocks for our production crews.

Cons

We struggle with the reporting and separating of the jobs and tasks. our technicians in the service will work on several jobs through out the day and travel between each. our production crews will be on a single project working on several different tasks the difficulty is in getting reports to project managers.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. I am glad that our mobile app has made clocking in easier for your crews.

Lisa

Fairly Simple to Use

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

Overall, I like the system. I would like to see more versatility in the reports. There are tons of data recorded but not accessible. I would also like to see the data entry screens more compatible with traditional typist skills, specifically not having to take hands off the keyboard to move the cursor with the mouse.

Pros

It's easy to use and offers multiple ways for employees to record their time.

Cons

Data entry screens require mouse and keyboard use instead of allowing straight keyboard typing.

Tony

Not happy based on my comments in the "Cons" section. Too much over promising and under...

Reviewed on 2017/05/01

Electronic capturing of time records and eliminating ability to inflate their working time.

Pros

Easy for employees to use in the field but unhappy with our inability to use all of the reports because they are not based on our working day. Need to be able to adjust the 24 hour clock so that it is not based on a calendar day of 24 hours.

Cons

The software does not allow us to run reports based on our worker's schedules. We need to be able to adjust the hours of what is considered a day. Right now it resets at midnight but that is not how we operate. I was told in July that this feature would be added in the next 90 days. We are now almost 10 months into using the program and the feature still has not been added. If this is not resolved in the next 30 days, I will begin to look for another option rather than renew.

Sloan

Exaktime does what it says on the box and more

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

+ Extremely granular time-tracking capabilities with the required hardware
+ Excel- and PDF-based reporting

Cons

- Requires some customization to integrate with existing systems
- Excel reports are slightly clunky because of "stylized" formatting

Response from ExakTime

Hello Sloan,

Thank you very much for your review, it is greatly appreciated. It is always nice to hear that we are able to make time tracking and reporting a much easier process.

More Time Spent on Development and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/06/16

There is a lot of potential, but I would not recommend this as a solution to anyone.

Pros

The software has potential but is not ready to be marketed.

Cons

Their customer service is terrible. The response time is terrible, so hopefully you do not have issues as you are trying to process payroll. Their settings are very black and white. If you want something excluded you have to exclude all options. Their time-rounding features sound great in theory but do not work reliably. There is a lot of time spent making sure that time is entered correctly. At this point, I don't think we will ever be able to retire paper timesheets as the entry is not trustworthy.

Track time, save time!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

ExakTime has saved us an entire day each week when approving timecards and processing payroll.

Pros

The ability to quickly add new locations for employees to clock in to. The mobile application's ease of use. I love the ability to sort reports by employee, location, cost code and time frame.

Cons

Employees cannot see their hours accrued for each pay period. This has been a common complaint in our organization.

Response from ExakTime

Hello,

Thank you for your valued feedback! We always to like to hear how our mobile app is making the lives of our customers much easier. You can have your employees view their total hours worked by giving them limited access to the Exaktime Connect site. If youd like some assistance in getting that set up, please give us a call at 888-788-8463. Thank you again!

Makes weekly payroll easy

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

The vast number of options when setting up cost codes and labor rates makes it a breeze each week when doing payroll

Cons

The interface when doing hours is a little cumbersome when you have to make modifications which doesnt happen very often

Response from ExakTime

Hello there,

Thank you for your review! We love to hear that our products are making payroll easier for our customers.

Jake

This app doesn't do much -causes alot of additional work later for me and the office. No...

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Not much other than it gave us something else to use besides paper of excel. Not really happy with the product or their approach to helping customers. Seems like a take it or shake it approach with them on support and product enhancements. Sales guy was all pressure and daily hammering on the phone until we bought, then crickets.

Pros

Its half a step better than paper. I like that they have mobile apps but they don't have much useful data other than punches.

Cons

No accounting or payroll integration. Data dump only. They like to do the sell and run. Never heard from the sales guy again and can't get real help from support.

Response from ExakTime

Hi Jake,
We have tried to locate you and the company listed in your review and don't see either as a customer or user. Our mission is to help our customers save time and money every day while using our system.

Please give us a call @ 888-788-8463 at your earliest convenience so we can help you get setup properly.

Best regards,
ExakTime

ExakTime Reivew

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

We have been using the ExakTime system for a number of years. Our old way of keeping time records was having the guys write their daily times on timecards. At the end of our two week payroll, I would have to add up all the hours, which was very time consuming. Besides that, I felt like most of the guys were rounding their times to the next 15 minutes each way in their favor. By using the new system of ExakTime, we have reduced the amount of "fluff" time on each of our employees times. Another huge aspect of this system that we benefit from is for our Time and Material jobs. Its very easy to run a report at the end of the job and tally the exact time we spent on that particular job. I love the new upgrade with having our own website to log onto from any computer, tablet or mobile device. I'd recommend, and have, this software to anyone in the construction field!

Pros

Cons

The old system was slow running on my computer.

Ted

Very poor reliability and availability.

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

Every morning when I log into ExakTime I wonder if it is going to work. Too many times the system has been down or extremely slow. It always seems to happen the days I have to process payroll. This has been an ongoing issue since ExakTime switched to their cloud application. Nothing gets fixed. Nothing improves.

Pros

I like how their Tech Support people are trained to say "Sorry for the problems we are experiencing. We'll let you know when the system is working again."

Cons

Reliability and availability is atrocious. ExakTime is like a box of chocolates -- you never know what you are going to get.

steve

It did not meet our expectations .

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

It did save some time in the office because we did not have to look at time cards filled out by employees.

Pros

It does allow us to monitor the employees .
We can print out the time sheets so that we do not need time cards.
It does allow us to no the location of each employee.

Cons

It does not link with our payroll software like we were told when we purchased it.
You can not remove employees after they leave to make room for new employees.
The payroll is calculated by the Canadian laws.
The customer support is not very good.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to have one of our technical support reps go over the process of inactivating employees to free up licenses once they leave the company as well as viewing employee that are clocked in using the site hub feature. Feel free to give us a call at 888-788-8463 to have one of our reps go over it.

Krystal

terrible policies on refunds

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

Cons

we used it for years. paid for a brand new yearly plan of over $3,000 only to find a month later that our hornets do not work any longer because they are out dated 2-3g. Exaktime should have made us aware of this before they renewed our policy. Told us only thing we could do is buy new hardware. Refused to refund our $.. WOULD NEVER TREAT A CUSTOMER LIKE THIS..

Rachel
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Best Time Tracking Solution

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

I have had the mobile time app for about 2 years now and absolutely love it. Have tried at least 3 other time keeping apps, some are free and some have very minimal cost and those do not compare to ExakTime. I can always get help, its easy to understand and easy for my guys to use. Don't remember how I lived without it!

Pros

Simple to use, simple to implement, saves us thousands on each payroll.

Cons

I wish it would alert me when people forget to clock in or are approaching overtime

Michael

Awesome system for time keeping.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

This software helped us save thousand of dollars on labour and with the GPS system we can easily confirm location.

Pros

it is very easy to use and lot of functionality.
easy to set up and incorporate into our business.
Mobile app is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was a way to add a costing module, such as including a way to allocate a certain number of hours to specific projects.

Response from ExakTime

Hi Michael,

Our goal here at Exaktime is to save people time and money so we are ecstatic to hear we are doing just that for you. Thank you very much for your review.

Sean

Great product that does exactly what we need it to do.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Our time reporting for our independent contractors has become much more efficient and time wasted/overspending has decreased.

Pros

Ease of installation and reporting capabilities.
English to Spanish translation is a huge pro for our business.

Cons

Probably not an Exaktime thing, but GPS function is not always in sync when tracking on a daily basis.

Richard

Perfect software for our construction company. Saves us a lot of money!

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

Time theft, intentional or unintentional, is extremely costly. Using ExakTime virtually eliminates this cost for us. Plus we can get real time updates as to where our labor is.

Cons

The older "desktop" version has become a little clunky. But the new web-based version looks very good.

Teresa

My experience has been great with this software

Reviewed on 2018/04/28

Pros

It takes the guesswork out of where the employees actually are and makes completing payroll so much easier!

Cons

The software runs very slow. I was told that it runs slow because it is a web based software. This is really the only complaint I have about this software.

CYNTHIA

ExakTime is a great product!

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Exaktime has always been there for me. They understand small companies just as they do large companies coping with employee time worked. Love it!

Pros

There is no argument with your keying your own time.

Cons

Maybe the time change. Used to be a problem. Know how to fix that now.

Elizabeth

Pros & Cons on virtual Time Clock

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

We are still in a learning phase on this program so it's hard to give an comprehensive review

Pros

App is easy to download, setup and use. I like that you can see at a glance all the job locations and where the employees are clocked in at any given time.

Cons

I don't like that the employees can force close the app which dismantles the option for geotracking. Also, not everyone remembers to log out at the end of the day. I would like to see a pop-up reminder after they clock out to do this.

Response from ExakTime

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you very much for your honest review. We like to hear that the app is easy to use so that employees are not spending a majority of their day trying to figure out how to clock in. While a pop up reminder is not an available option at this time, we'd love to have one of our techs go over the best ways to review the time records so that you can be made aware when an employee has forgotten to clock out. Feel free to give us a call at 888-788-8463 so that we can have a tech assist you.

Jamie

Exaktime Review 2022

Reviewed on 2022/12/27

Exaktime allows employees at different sites to clock in and out, which allows us to track cost codes connected to each of our jobs, thus saving us time on the accounting dept.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up new employees with Exaktime. I like that Exaktime is user-friendly and their customer service responds quickly.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that it will allow you to move to the next screen without pushing save, which allows you to lose what you entered.

Michael

The worst customer support ever

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

The program is very slow and lagging. All of my crews in the field get error codes and can not clock in or out. when you call customer service a dozen times and get the rep on the phone and he is of no help. Definitely do not recommend this company. In my opinion

Pros

When and if the program and app work it may be good

Cons

Program is slow and lagging. The app has error codes. Customer support is horrible .

Response from ExakTime

Thank you for voicing your concerns regarding ExakTime's performance and support. A member of our senior management team will reach out to you.

John

No t as hands-off as we were led to believe

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

We unfortunately will not be using ExakTime mobile anymore. When we purchased it, we were led to believe that it would allow the timesheets to be submitted directly to the payroll company with minimal interference from the office. This is not the case. If employees take time off, they are expected to either clock in and out after 8 hours (not practical when someone is on vacation) or write a note and have the bookkeeper manipulate the sheet to submit to the payroll company. We were also having integration issues adding new jobsites from the field for the employees to log into. It would often take hours for the job to appear on everyone's phone, even though we were syncing manually and automatically. There are also differences between the IOS and Android versions, which made it necessary to go in and manipulate individual phones. It ended up being more work for the office staff, which is directly against the problem we were trying to solve. The final straw for us was that it took us a 5 weeks to figure all this out, missing the money back window by a week. Even after explaining our position, we were still denied even a partial refund. Overall this has been a poor experience for us, though this is the second ExakTime product we used.

Pros

GPS monitoring

Cons

Not without the same amount of office time required management that a simpler paper system would require. Each timesheet still required manipulation, which was disappointing and not the time saving software we were led to believe it was.