ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Reviews

maneesh
maneesh

Patch Management by Manage Engine

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

excellent experience with patch manager it helps a lot to finish patch within no time and improve overall security posture of infra

Pros

Patching system automatically and antivirus update

Cons

third party patches deployement require more effort

Nick
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Free Trial Review

Reviewed on 2022/07/28

I'm using the cloud version of PM+. It feels like I'm using an on-premise version that has been migrated to a web interface. You can set up computers as distribution servers to push patches across your network so not everything is going from the cloud.

I feel like I'm missing out on the simple easy-to-use SAS that I expected though.

Pros

The software has support for many 3rd party apps. I had Heimdal and Action1 installed on my computer a while to test them. The ManageEngine PM+ agent was still able to find more patches I was missing.

Installing the Agent is simple and works well.

Cons

The UI is not very user friendly because it seems out-of-date. Easy to get lost in the menus and the "Remote Offices" screen is not for what it sounds like. I'm trying to use "remote offices" to split up my departments into groups because the software lacks a feature for that elsewhere.

I wanted to be able to customize computer patch policies by OU. You can link your domain and add the computers within an OU, but you can't just select the OU itself. This means if you move computers in/out of the OU, ManageEngine isn't going to recognize the new computers automatically. This feature seems just for adding computers to your portal rather than grouping them.

I have multiple domains that aren't connected but I can only have 1 AD connector in ManageEngine. Either I set up a machine that uses VPNs to tunnel into all the sites as the AD connector, or I set up 3 different web portals as different accounts. Not something I should need to do for any SAS solution.

Heimdal Patch & Asset Management

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

ManageEngine has more app support than Heimdal and Action1. It seems rare now to find a service that is just for patching and not a full RMM and security suite. I feel these other services don't give their patching feature enough attention.
Yoginath
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Overall Good Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Pros

Ease of use and help in managing spoke locations patching without impacting bandwidth and third party patching

Cons

Development is very slow, customers wish list need to be prioritized

Danny

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2023/11/01

It's been good, meets our requirements and we will be using it moving forward.

It's been good, meets our requirements and we will be using it moving forward.

Pros

It's great at patching, which is what we need for our customers

Cons

There isn't anything we don't like about Patch ManageEngine Manager Plus

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Simplified Updates

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

I have been using this to perform windows updates and third party updates for software.

Pros

Ability to update many different products.
Reporting capabilities to see which machines have been patch and what ones still need patches.

Cons

Not able to add your own updates to the software.

Easy of use and manageability as compared to Patch Manager and WSUS

Response from ManageEngine

Hello,

Can you elaborate on your requirement? You can write to us at [email protected]

• Industry: Human Resources

good product

Reviewed on 2023/07/21

its saves my time and users time and essay to use fast working

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager is so essay to use and very handy and it is very important to do patch update

Cons

except pricing we didn't find any issue hear product works very fine

Notion

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Automated Patch Management Solution for multi-OS

Reviewed on 2023/09/14

Everything, from the support to the user interface, has been consistently excellent.

Pros

The Manage Engines Patch Manager Plus is an automated solution for multi-OS patch management, and we are able to deploy it as per our need which means it is available for both Cloud and On-premise.

Cons

I've been using it for an extended period, and I haven't encountered any issues.

Price and Sales Support were the two major points
David
David

Excellent patch management solution

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

After a bit of a learning curve to get setup and deployed, I set a daily job to roll out updates. After a few days I found that it had got through the workload and updated the clients effectively. It continues to manage the patching with little involvement from me. The only niggle is that it does leave servers pending a reboot, on occasion. This is not a slight on the product however, and it does empower you to do the reboots through its interface.

Pros

Support for wide variety of 3rd party products.
Excellent value for money.
Easy (overall) deploy and monitor.
Good support.
Once up and running works its way through the outstanding patch workload.

Cons

Mainly niggles, but worth mentioning some. Do not let these put you off however, it is a solid product!

The portal creation process is a bit fragmented.
It is an element of a larger product, so most articles refer to that parent product.
The interface is feature rich but takes some getting used to (don't they all!).
Initial setup and deployment needed some teething and tinkering (support is good).
Support is decent but not immediate.
Issues deploying some 3rd party patches.
Shows some patches pending when they are not - isolated issue to couple of machines.
Performs best with an on-premise deployment server.
Patches may need multiple cycles - but this is due to some patches requiring reboots.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello David,

Thanks for the detailed review! We're working on most of the points you've mentioned in your review right now to improve the product on all fronts.

In case of future feedback, you can write to us at [email protected]

Chhouern
  • Industry: Insurance

Patch Management

Reviewed on 2024/01/24

Pros

Patch management plus manager to patch all my endpoint devices.

Cons

Based on, currently we have using only Patch Manager Plug. So, other featured we not yet clearly understand.

Shakeel Ahmed
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Manage Engine patching

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Pros

Able to Patch our servers which have no internet access

Cons

cannot push manually when it says yet to apply

Brandon
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Patch Manager Plus Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Really good. It was very easy to get started and anytime I needed support assistance, they are available via chat in a matter of seconds.

Pros

To me what makes this product so great is it does NOT utilize the built in Windows Update service that has been giving us trouble for so long. ME uses their own agent / service. This has made the patching process a lot smoother during our trial. The management console is also super user friendly and very easy to navigate.

Cons

it made our patch scheduling for production servers a bit difficult because there is no option to manually click install when ready to start installation. instead we are relying on detailed auto install policies which work for us but this is the biggest limitation I have see thus far.

Automox and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

SW was an extremely manual process and we were looking for something more automated. Also, having a cloud solution makes patching off network devices such as laptops a lot easier.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Automox relied on the built in Windows Update service causing many issues from the beginning. Kaseya utilized their own agent like Patch Manager Plus but: 1) they were a lot more expensive 2) the console was not user friendly and was filled with tons of features that we did not have access to.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Brandon

We do have the option to manually deploy updates. You can know more about manual deployment in the link below:

Jerard
  • Industry: Publishing

Patch Manager Plus Makes My Job Easier

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

The ability to schedule custom jobs for workstations versus servers greatly helps. The custom jobs including being able to use wake-on-lan to update the machines after business hours. We are a small IT staff and I handle all of the infrastructure related tasks including updates. This has greatly reduced the time I spend each week getting updates/patches deployed. After using it for a while there is very little effort needed in getting deployments scheduled.

Pros

The ability to download and deploy patches with ease for both Windows and OSX.

Cons

It took a little getting used to but that is probably my fault for not reading and going through the demo.

Automox and SolarWinds Patch Manager

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Needed more of a scheduled deployment outside of group policy and a way to update OSX.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

It met our requirements for Windows, OSX, and WOL. It was also very reasonable priced especially for a nonprofit organization.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Jerard,

We're happy to know Patch Manager Plus has helped you with patching endpoints in your organization.

Michael
  • Industry: Textiles

Excellent Patch Management solution - Very high value for your spend

Reviewed on 2023/02/28

Pros

The software just works - there is not a lot of hand holding required by an administrator. We also love the integration with our vulnerability management platform, Tenable.io. Also the number of 3rd party patches available is astounding.

Cons

I would like MORE integration with Tenable.io

Automox

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

BigFix is cumbersome to operate and the licensing is not user friendly.

Value

Response from ManageEngine

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our software. We are glad to hear that it is meeting your needs and that you find it easy to use.

We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration with Tenable.io, and we will certainly take that into consideration as we continue to improve our product.

You can also reach out to [email protected] to let us know more about your requirements regarding the Tenable.io integration.

Derek

Good customer support

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Good value for the money. I with the remote-office proxy module was included in the base price but hey, you can't have it all.

Pros

I like that there's a build-in chat window that connects me directly with Manage Engine support.

Cons

Bugs. I've reported a couple of bugs but each time brought it to the attention of tech support it got fixed quickly.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Derek,

We've been improving our QA process to minimize bugs in our product. Your feedback will help us with further streamling our QA process.

Sandeep
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Ease to Patch Systems

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

It's a great tool, where my L1 & L2 Engineers also easily deploy patches, Adaptive Interface, Ease to Deploy and automate the same. Some more reporting features needed like pre & post-patch report for Selective patches.

Pros

Adaptive Interface & Automate Patch Deployment

Cons

Reporting has to enhance more, where pre & post patches report for selective patches can be taken.

Automox

Cost & Integration with other Manage Engine Products

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

As we have other Manage Engine products in production too. It will be an Addon with easy integration and workflow.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Sandeep,

Improving pre-defined reports in currently in our roadmap. You can add your requirements in the link below:

In case of future feedback, you can write to us at [email protected]

Liam
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Cost-Effective Automated Patching

Reviewed on 2020/11/22

Positive so far, currently undergoing a trial but will be paying for the end product at the end. Take out their 30 day trial and see what you think, there's no harm in testing

Pros

Fairly easy agent deployment, also like the test & approve patches section and the fact that the patch deployment supports a much wider range of apps than just using WSUS / Intune alone

Cons

Haven't come across many downsides yet. For some of our team, they found it difficult to get to grips with policy administration because it can be very granular. Personally, I like this feature but it may not be suited to all (i.e. the "set and forget" crowd)

Automox, SolarWinds Patch Manager and Syxsense

Need I explain?

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Price mainly, we wanted a cost effective solution

Patch Manager Plus: A decent alternative to SCCM

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Overall, I would say the product is worth looking into. They have good customer service, and the product works really well for non-prod patching, and gets the job done for prod patching.

Pros

The customer support for this product is really great. They offer a chat support, with immediate response for your issues. The product can be scaled to your needs. The product utilizes a third-party repository (Manage Engine's repository) for patches, so there is a sense of security there for the user that the patches being put into the repository have gone through a vetting process (They allow the user to further vet the patches as well, giving the option to 'DENY' a patch at any level). Works very similar to SCCM.

Cons

We run a multi-domain, multi-location, Active/Non-Active environment, and configuring and optimizing the product for this type of environment has proven to be difficult. The Distribution servers do not pull all active patches from the main server, it only pulls patches that are being pushed, at the time you push them. Since patch downloads impact production servers, we have to push patches during a down window, which makes distribution servers in this solution useless, as it basically just adds another unnecessary step to the process. For environments where this would not be an issue (Non-production customer facing environments), this would not be an issue.

Jason
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Allowed us to send users home during Pandemic

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

When the pandemic hit and we had to send all our users home our network would crash once we deployed patches. Patch Manager allowed us to direct the users out their home internet to download patches rather than use the company network and saturate the link while also giving us the flexibility to control what gets patched.

Pros

Very easy to deploy
Automates deploying Security patches allowing us to maintain certifications
Flexibility to deploy Distribution Servers to save bandwidth for our brick and mortar offices

Cons

The kb that lists which sites needed to be allowed through the proxy was not complete.

Reasons for Choosing ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

To configure users to download patches directly from the vendor while maintaining control of what gets patched.

Reasons for Switching to ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus

Functionality and ease of use
Rafael
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Patch management

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus is easy to implement solutions for patch management for Windows system works quite well.

Cons

I think that the technical support model can be improved. The system also has too few reports and dashboards with aggregate information.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Rafael,

Greetings from ManageEngine.

We're glad Patch Manager Plus worked well for you. We have also taken your feedback and
are working on the report module. Also, the 'All Patches' view will offer different reports
based on patches, vulnerability status, health of systems, etc.

If you are not satisfied with support, do let me know if you'd like to have a personalized
session to resolve your issues fast or for a small briefing of all our new features in Patch
Manager Plus.

If case of any queries to be resolved, you can let me know or drop in mail to
[email protected].

Troy

Patch Manager Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Pros

The software is much better than WSUS. The company is on top of updates and making sure that the latest Microsoft updates are available.

Cons

The lack of understanding how the program works from their support. Many times we would call in and their support would give help that was not relevant to our Cloud Hosted product.

Response from ManageEngine

Hello Troy,

We apologize for your experience with our support. I'll pass your feedback to the support team and ensure it is further improved.

In case of any future feedback, you can write to us at [email protected]

Jose
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Patch Deployment solutions that just works

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

Overall it seems that this is absolutely a winner and we will most likely pull the trigger and purchase it.

Pros

We liked how easy it was to setup the POC, install the agents and deploy first patch. It was done in a matter of minutes. The console is well laid out and has a lot of reminders of frequently used features or questions. We also liked that it does not rely on the monolithic Windows Updates subsystem which of course is the whole culprit for most IT professionals looking somewhere else to address this issue. Having the ability to patch 3rd party software automatically is also another plus.

Cons

As easy as it looks to get up and running it could also be easy to get lost among the 10s of features it has. Take the time to read through the documentation as it will have detailed instructions on how to configure most tasks according to your needs. For us having yet another agent to deploy would be another con, but then again most software now days have one and this one seems to be very lightweight.

Melville
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Exellent patch management software

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

I would say the best thing about this solution is the support. I've dealt with many software provider. overall manage engine have the best 1st contact/ level 1 support.

Pros

The interface is thought through thoroughly, every option I could imagine it is already there.

Cons

Had to think hard about this one, can't saw that I hate anything really, however that automate patch deployment and test and approve took me a few hours to fully understand.

Jayesh
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Review

Reviewed on 2023/02/01

Pros

This product is easy to use with user friendly UI and good features to help secure both Cloud and On Premises end points.

Cons

Have not used cloud base app yet so can't say anything but it should be good.

Response from ManageEngine

Thank you for the positive review of our product. We're grateful for your support and glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Maria
Maria

Cloud application management software

Reviewed on 2022/11/29

This product enables departments to study workflows and create reliable reports based on real-time insights. Integration with operating system and third part application is effective. Production has increased and the workflow ecosystem performance has improved.

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus monitors performance of the applications from the premises and cloud based servers. It provides immediate solution to poor performing networking systems. It tests all the patches before deployment to curd risks that may occur

Cons

The learning curve of mastering the operations of tis platform is complex. Cost of deployment is relatively high.

Jason
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Patching over the Internet

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Patching computers during covid which were never designed to be used offsite.

Patching computers during covid which were never designed to be used offsite.

Pros

Being able to patch end users over the internet and not using our VPN or depending on our users to be connected to the VPN all the time.

Cons

Interface is sometimes hard to find things, they are fixing it but still a ways to go.