IceHrm Reviews

IceHrm

Leave, attendance, expense, payroll & recruitment management

4.1/5 (47 reviews)
Dymont mangwengwe H.

I am loving it

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

The software is user friendly and most of my clients are finding it easy to use and besides that it helps them have total control of their business without compromising reliability

Cons

Like all other software's you need to learn how to use it, not too much of a Hassle thought, you will need to focus on the goals not the challenge

Meagan A.

My overall experience with Ice HRM has been AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

It's basically HR outlined for you to make life easier especially for me as a Sole Proprietor, running everything alone.

Pros

The features they offer help you to sort out things so very clearly, and my business is based on organization so I love it's organizational features most.

Cons

I gave Customer Support 3 stars because I have never had to use it, so I can't give an honest rating on it. For that reason, I would consider it my least favorite feature because it's the only one I don't have to use.

Joseph H.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Pros

I like that it offers a variety of features that are easy to use and train on. We use it everyday. Our team loves it

Cons

It seems old and run down with its color scheme and layout. Also would love for training videos to be created for easier training g

Cameron C.

IceHRM is a great value for the money.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Price and ease of tweaking some settings. We rolled this out to 20 employees and within a year had 45 employees in it.

Cons

It takes a bit to understand how the whole IceHRM works. Can take a bit of time to find a setting and such.

Henry M.

IceHRM was easy to use, setup, and deploy. It allowed us to easily manage all facets of our business

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

The excellent design of the software and UI/UX which seemed very premium for an open source product. The many options available for use within the product were also a plus.

Cons

The lack of a windows based version would be the only downside as our organization runs a Microsoft stack, however the Linux version was easy to use as well.

Jorge B.

Good platform yo extend functionality

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

For me the major benefit is the opensource license to extend the functionality to fit my needs.

There are some functionalities that doesn't fit to our needs and we have extended the funtionality to cover that needs.

Pros

Its opensource model. Each country has its own laws and rules and using an opensource software let you personalize it to your local needs.

Cons

Poor documentation about the API and the development environment. Some functionalities are not completely defined.

Response from Gamonoid

Thank you for the review. We are keep adding new features and if you think there is a nice to have feature that could generally benefit all the users, you may submit it via https://github.com/gamonoid/icehrm.

Also we try to provide better support for open source users while giving more priority to IceHrm Pro and SaaS users

Andrew K.

IceHRM has streamlined my Human Resources workflow and definitely reduced hiring and onboarding time

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Functionality
Simple Design and Workflow
Tracking time & applicants is a breeze
Onboarding is quick and easy

Cons

Could be a little less literal
Can be "clunky" in terms of looks
Needs To Be Modernized
Condense sections instead of so many options in different places

Nasir H.

Its an Amazing serivce to Utilize and a Great way to Use.

Many

Pros

Its User Inter face and User Expirience is an Amazing Service by You Guys and the Web looks Preety./

Cons

Its Backend works are tooo hard to Understand and Dont have something Unique and Its really Hard for me to read its backend.

Deborah M.

Icehrm is a comprehensive suite of tools that has replaced the way I manage attendance & HR duties.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Cost-effective and comprehensive utility and tools.

Pros

Ice hrm has allowed our office to reduce clutter and paperwork of manageing employees, monitoring attendance, and implementing training. It is a terrific value for everything it provides. The time tracking alone is worth the recommendation on it's own.

Cons

Very little customer support from what I have found. More training materials should be provided, especially for the initial setup. Some features, such as clocked in status does not work (online version).

Júlio S.

Review on IceHrm

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

The application does seems to be a greate HR platform, but it may not be focused on your local needs.

Pros

The application feels solid, and has a modern look, which is rare in this kind of software. It has a lot of features, with many available settings

Cons

The software is complex, setting it up for our specific needs was much harder than we expected (we are under Brazilian work laws). The website does say it has support for Brazil (as a long list of other countries), but we couldn't find any resource on that.

5.0/10
Domonique V.

Easy to start, Cost efficient for start ups, Easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Pros

It was exactly what it said it was!!! I was able to get a free software system that wasn't the bare minimum just because it was free. Perfect for what we needed to use it for.

Cons

I believe that the new entrepreneurs are always on the go. Having a software system that also can be accessed in a phone app would be really cool!! That was in between wearing the many hats we wear we can easily click on the app and do things like enter patient information, etc.

Nethmal S.

Love it! Best interface best user friendly interfaces ever!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

I liked most about the user friendliness. It is great to have this kind of Human resource management software for all the things. Payroll attendance and many more. I think it will be more great if we can add finger print to to system.

Cons

I think price is little overrated. Sometimes small companies have so much factory workers. So there will be no advanced information to store. Because of that reason only for some companies price will be little high.

Debendra S.

This is one of the best HR Software in the market today.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Its helping us for completely automating the HR process of our company.

Pros

Very easy to configure, easy to use and extremely good customer support. The user friendly Interface can be easy understandable by any one in the office.

Cons

Mobile app is a must for any applications.Icehrm dont have a mobile app and its the only negative feedback about the software. They should work on it and should come out with a mobile app very soon.

Kamlesh K.

Perfect for small business who could have dreamt of complete HR system

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Previous year we were trying codes to develop something similar in open source, since I found this I abandoned the project since it meets 85-90% of our scope

Pros

Cloud based , easy accessible , steps for setup and further customisation allowed- all adds to ease of work for administrator, trainer and HR Manager

Cons

GUI - focus should be made so that appearance of dashboard be intriguing to allow the new generation of users to create interest.

Selemba F.

The best

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Pros

Great user friendly interfaces and direct user navigation system that is easy to navigate

Cons

its functionalities and features and the user capacity

Nuzair M.

HR Department

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

This is my first time using

Pros

I want to manage all my employees avtivities

Cons

Open source software is better to use our organization

3.0/10
Ishara R.

Great tool for managing team members and workflow

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

I save a time getting a real time payroll, that reflect my country tax calculation method and process.

Pros

Payroll integration, that can be personalized at own needs. Easy way to add an employee and to attribute him a managing rol.

Cons

The dificulty to export a better excel file compiled. I can not see the leave request of some of my team members for approval

Alvin J.

IceHRM is an integral part of our startup company, It has given us a way to handle all our HR needs.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Free to start, and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, and can be customized in a way to fit your company's goals. Good Dashboard and full features that is very beneficial.

Cons

Time tracking cannot track way beyond 1 day, not good for 24 /7 shifting operations as the timekeeping can't record midnight to morning shifts.

Summer B.

Almost perfect for my company

Reviewed on 2016/05/17

Having reviewed and installed several HRM systems on the company server for evaluation and testing it was easy to see the Ice is one of the very best systems on the market today, my only issue is the missing module that is exclusive for the hosted version which should be available in the pro version.

I will for now use the software but if a similar version is found with the ability to save CV and post jobs I know where my company will be heading too, which will be a great shame.

Response from Gamonoid

We have plans to start making icehrm enterprise (hosted) edition available as a self hosted solution. We will let you know if we decided to move in that direction.

David H.

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

The Employee Management module has a lot of features that any company will find suits their needs for a free HRMS.

Cons

The Opensource version limitation relating to Employee History and Audit Trail. Would really like to see this feature shift over to Opensource.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

It's got almost all high level features of transactional modules in Human Resources. Fully customizable

Cons

Some more modules on the developmental side like learning and development modules, this could be a valuable addition to your next version.

Phirabhu R.

Good product for Small Business HRM Needs

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Has good number of options and can be customized. Detail of the Employee can be stored and retrieved easily.

Cons

The user inter face can be more reactive. Has no option for attendance keeping and payroll based on the Department/Location level.

Rimzan R.

Need to improve some features.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Leaves updates, calendar, reports. Overall attendance.

Pros

Leave updates, and reports. The facilities which provided in ICEHrm is really helpful to use and it's user friendly.

Cons

Some features are not required. Need to improve on some areas. If the user dates can be connected to google calendar it will be more easier.

5.0/10
Kalyan R.

Overall good experience with ICEHRM but there are definitely moments when we felt there could be wow

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

1. Quick and easy basic set-up
2. No need to maintain employee records on lose excel files anymore
3. Easy for employees to login and take care of their basic needs - Check Holidays, Leaves, Manage project times, allocations, etc.

Pros

1. Extremely low learning curve
2. No major set-up time
3. Easy to use
4. Some pretty strong and versatile features
5. Seems to have a good community support which we did not need to use thus far.
6. System is reliable and mostly up, never seen a downtime during our use.

Cons

Some features are not that easy to use eg.
1. Payroll,
2. Reports
3. Leave submission and approval, etc.
4. Settings up Admin hierarchy, etc.

Achala S.

Average product in HR category

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

All the components are available. Such as salary, leave etc.
Audit and log is very useful features.

Cons

Main interface function list is very long.
Interfaces are not user friendly.