Cluvio

Modern cloud analytics platform for startups and SMEs

4,5
4,3
4,2
4,4
4,7
Maurice E.

Cluvio Remarks

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

AM trying to visualise my company data. Cluvio creates insightful visuals

Pros

Software is cheap and compatible with quite a number of data sources

Cons

The Software has very few visualizations ie graphs, tables. Their is also more need for more beautification/eye catching designs or graphs

Graham M.
Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Cluvio

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Was good to quickly get dashboards up and running. After long term use I feel the code within dashboards has become unmanageable, hence the comment about external source control.

Pros

Quick to create dashboards based on SQL queries.

Easy to embed dashboards in external applications.

Cons

No integration with git. Hard to know what database tables are being used where.
Would like the ability to store SQL for widgets externally in source control.

It's basically just for simple dashboards. There are greater tools for self service analytics.

No SAML integration.

Don't like the "pay additional price for extra security", i.e. IP restriction. I think security should come as standard in IT tools.

Brian R.

Powerful Reporting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Cluvio has become a critical piece of our operations. We rely on numerous scheduled reports and SQL alerts to let us know when a potential problem has surfaced as well as to provide daily reporting. The Dashboards are used by nearly everyone in the company as a way to easily check on product performance and client success.

Pros

I love that it connects to my databases and allows me to generate reports from my own queries. Also, the scheduled reports and SQL alerts are very helpful.

Cons

I really wish it allowed for uploading and reporting from Excel/CSV files

Mark A.
Industry: Financial Services

Great for specific use cases

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

As a small, early stage startup, we were looking for a basic embedded analytics provider that would allow a "data-technical" but non-engineering user to create and rapidly iterate on the analytics we're providing to our customers. Cluvio hit the sweet spot in almost every dimension. The tiered pricing allows users to be cheap when things like fonts and white-labeling aren't a big concern. Really just missing easy choropleth capabilities (we have to use datawrapper for that).

Pros

It just works. Reliable data visualization embedding. Easy to use and set up. Price is in the right range for a startup. Enough data viz options for most use cases. Great customer service, very responsive.

Cons

Documentation is a little lacking. Its missing an easy to use map/choropleth data viz. Wish it had more "click-through" capabilities.

Cluvio is doing exactly what it's supposed to do: quickly build data dashboards and share them

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Previously we had difficulties collecting relevant data and data reports in one place and make these reports available to stakeholders in the company. With Cluvio it's easy to have exactly one location for reports that can be used by all departments within the company, also being able to quickly setup new dashboards, expand and adapt existing dashboards.

Pros

Biggest selling point for Cluvio is its UX and ease-of-use. It makes it easy to quickly put together data dashboards and iterate on them. I also like the sharing options that allow us to share dashboards and relevant filters both internally and externally.

Cons

There's not much too dislike about Cluvio. There are a few interface quirks every now and then (e.g. when moving reports around in the dashboards) and I would appreciate more elements to structure dashboards (e.g. title cards, report details, etc.) but all in all there aren't any significant issues.

Jiri Z.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great customer support, great visuals

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Pros

Cluvio has nice visualisations that can be easily connected to SQL queries with dynamic filters, drill-downs, conditional formatting. Also their customer support was really nice and helped me even with an issue that was my fault, not theirs.

Cons

Some visualisations could be added on top: I would in particular love to have swarm plots and violin plots (or at least box plots) - though swarm plots can be somewhat replaced by the XY / Bubble type.

Juan antonio P.

Easy BI for anybody

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

It has been the best BI tool I used and I hope it keeps growing and getting better.

Pros

Cluvio is easy to use, with perfect data integration, allowing you to get your data from different databases.
Also you have the flexibility to move reports from one dashboard to another as well as duplicate or edit them anytime. Easy ways to export the reports and to embed them in your own web page. Regarding the embedding, I like the different ways to do so, with or without filters despite the business and pro plans.
The custom filters and snippets are a good idea to reuse SQL code.

Cons

It would be nice to have even more graph types to display the data. Also the filters and snippets are a bit hard to use in the beginning and you can't find many examples in the documentation.

Mike R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Simple and lightweight tool for real-time analytics

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It is less expensive than competitors. Different roles and access for users is great. Visualization tools are also great.

Cons

It would be great to be able to extend SQL with additional functions, like loops. It would also be helpful to support more data sources, like Salesforce

Nick M.

Cluvio has been amazing from the moment we came across. Providing every feature we have needed.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

We had a need as a business to be able to quickly report on data from our internal sources. Cluvio has allowed us to generate easy to read reports so that members of our team know exactly what is going on in our apps.

Pros

It has been extremely easy to use. All of the other solutions out there at the price level of Cluvio seem to be very difficult to use. The best part has been that if something was difficult the customer support would have it fixed within a few days.

Cons

The sharing features are awesome, but can be a little confusing to set up. Also once a share link is set up, it has been difficult to edit the parameters that are applied to the link.

Ricki G.
Industry: Utilities

Excellent dashboard solution

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Great customer service, helped with a lot of the initial difficulties we experienced when using software of this kind for the first time

Pros

Ease of integration with our current SQL system, combined with intuitive dashboard building made Cluvio a good fit for our requirements

Cons

Some of the features that make the software more convenient and useful are limited to the higher paid tiers

Sloan E.

Great company and product

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Pros

Very responsive team, easy to use interface, adds a lot of value to my day-to-day as a Product Manager above using a SQL or Redshift workbench

Cons

They are a younger company so some features are yet to be build out like filters and robust styling, but i'm confident the team will tackle these items in the future.

Alex W.

Best BI software for smaller companies

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Super easy implementation and easy to use. Cluvio really changed the way we look and work with our data. It is easy to create dashboards and the contact was always pretty helpful. Definitely the best value for money on the market.

Cons

Could have some more dashboard layouts but this is just a nice to have and since the product is relatively new there might be more features to come.

Andrew B.
Industry: Insurance

Great to get up and running w/ a BI application quickly

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

Very easy to use if you know SQL. Perfect for a solo analyst just trying to pop up a quick dashboard. Probably great for teams as well, but we don't share widely yet.

Cons

Expensive once you add a bunch of users. Probably not good for users who don't know SQL, but really really good for users who do.

Sebastian B.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy to use, flexible, beautiful

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

LNow I have a live dashboard in our office. We still have the free plan so we can only see one dashboard, but still very cool.

Pros

The ease of executing and visualizing queries. Easy to share/collaborate. Very easy to customize. Open and account and start using it right away

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Pros

SQL editor is the best I've used. Makes writing code quick and easy.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more content on FAQs and or guide material.

Adam K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Very easy if you’re good with SQL

Pros

It’s great to be able to have charts generated from SQL queries. This saved us TONS of implementation time, where we would have been building this into our internal Intranet. Cluvio enabled us to finish the product in a couple hours instead of weeks.

Cons

Pricing / Tiers. Would be great to have some cheaper options for just a few users.

Ben J.
Industry: Automotive

Great Visualisation & Dashboarding

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

Quick and easy to create powerful, visually attractive sashboards

Cons

Occasionally slow to slow large database schema

Seda Y.

I believe there is so mush room for improvement

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Different plot options are useful. I also like the interface design. Filters make it easy to update the periodic tables.

Cons

I would like to be able to add some notes, explanations to reports and/or dashboards. Also I would like to be able to embed the plots in other documents. Download option would be useful.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

A nice tool, with good sharing options, but lacks the flexibility and interactivity of competition.

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

The fact that it's an online tool, which allows easy sharing of charts and dashboards. Nice options to create dashboards.

Cons

Not as straightforward to query and limited options in terms of visualization. Also I found it slow at times.

Noel Z.
Industry: Internet

Clean, consistent, and reliable

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Overall, my experience has been great with Cluvio. Although I don't have experience with more than just a couple of BI tools (Metabase, Tableau), Cluvio has been very easy to learn and fully take advantage of its capabilities.

Pros

Product is very easy to learn and use. It is very consistent in its application of new functionality and its new features are worked into the UI very well. Dashboard creation is very straightforward, and it is very easy to switch between your data sources. The filter functionality on reports is also pretty flexible.

The ability to create custom and secure sharing links has been very helpful in sharing communication with customers. The API service has also been very useful.

Finally, Cluvio's customer service is probably the best customer service I've ever worked with. Fast, informative, accurate, and helpful are the only types of responses I've ever received from them.

Cons

I personally would really like the option to have drilldown links open up new tabs as opposed to only creating bread crumbs. While conditional formatting on reports is nice, it could use some updating to be a little more robust (i.e. multi-column conditions or at least be able to make the conditioned based on a different column).

No access to in-depth user usage data without requesting it from Cluvio, and even then we do not have access to the data directly, but instead have to request custom reports. Not the worse thing, especially considering the speed of Customer Service, but still slightly annoying.

Lucas I.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Nice Software, user-friendly interface. Great to run some advanced reports

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

My overall experience with Cluvio has been great so far. I'd recommend it to my colleagues.

Pros

Cluvio has a nice design, its interface is very user-friendly. For me, the greatest advantage is that it does not use a lot of memory. You can run some not so trivial reports and still keep a lot of tabs opened in your web browser.

Cons

The software requires some knowledge in SQL or R. It is great if you have any previous experience in one of these two programming languages but I do believe it should also include a basic SQL tutorial and a few exercises. This would be an easy way to lern at least the basic querys that are necessary to run some useful reports.

Margot K.
Industry: Higher Education

Best Dashboard Solution

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

Cluvio is a cost effective way to create different dashboards in an inventive and colorful way. Unlike other similar software, Cluvio contains many different presets that allow the creator to play with his dashboard layout. I have been using this to present in different meetings, it helped me get my thoughts across easily. Cluvio also costs a little less than other similar software.

Cons

Although Cluvio is a little easier to understand, I encountered some bugs upon my first usage of the software, especially upon placing or moving charts and others. But as of now, these bugs are almost transparent. It gets better with every use.

Steve H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Some suggestions for the product - see cons section

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

ANNOYING CAPTCHA

Pros

overall a very useful product I'd like to just give some feedback below

ok, I take that back - WHY AM I HAVING TO GO THROUGH AN ANNOYING CAPTCHA to submit this?????

Cons

Please add the following:

- Line number of SQL errors. We're unable to debug statement in Cluvio because all it says that an error occurred somewhere. This requires us to develop queries outside the tool and paste them in.
- Format the filter bar area. The controls there are so small that it's not intuitive for end users to find them
- Something is not right with how you process datetimeoffset values from the database. We're forced to do type conversions in our queries to get the recognized as dates.
- The nav to get to a full page version of a report within a dashboard (where you can see all the records without that weird scrolling gesture) is not obvious. We spend a lot of time repeatedly training people to be able to do that.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Chris S.
Industry: Automotive

Excellent Dashboard Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

Really beautiful charts, easy to build and has an R console! With their business plan it's really easy to build bespoke dashboards for specific teams in the business, and I can even share dashboards with external contacts with their links feature.

Customer support has been second to none. Cluvio have on several occasions gotten on a call with me to talk through the product, and their turnaround time is outstanding.

Cluvio has made a huge impact on our reporting of all our analytics!

Cons

Nothing really to add here, it's fantastic!

Viola S.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

We are using cluvio as data visualization tool to be shared with multiple stakeholders

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

Flexibility, easy of use. Possibility to have the "big picture" all in one dashboard. Filters that apply to all cards. Possibility to customize filters. Integration with database allows for real-time data. Many options to create cards.

Cons

Limit of 5000 on filters. Fixed limits on the number of rows per "card". Fixed spacing between cards in the same dashboard. Some dashboards (the ones with a lot of data) talke some time to load- but this can be adressed (thanks to the support of the Cluvio team).