Shift Agent Reviews

Shift Agent

Employee scheduling & shift management for teams

3.8/5 (11 reviews)
Ross H.

Not Perfect But Lightyears Above The Rest

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

ShiftAgent allows you to set schedule preferences and goals depending on sales. This will allow you to input projected sales and help you create a schedule that meets your labor and productivity goals. For training purposes, this feature really helps when we train new people on how to create a schedule. One of the best features that ShiftAgent offers is one we use literally all throughout the day. There is a feature that is called "Daily Deployment". We have an iPad set up in our front of hosue area and in the kitchen that is constantly on this screen. This is a constantly updating page that details each person's position and their hours. Our leaders use this to plan their day out and make break lists in a very efficient manner. While this feature might not be as useful to some, my perspective as someone from the restaurant industry would highly recommend this to other restaurants that have large amounts of staff on the clock at one time. Overall, this software has dramatically reduced the amount of time we have to spend on creating a schedule and has simplified the entire process. Chick-fil-A now offers a partnership with HotSchedules that fully integrates with our financial and personnel databases, but until they get on the level that ShiftAgent is, then they will always be second-rate.

Pros

ShiftAgent has allowed us to almost completely eliminate scheduling. Almost. Their ability to save daily templates based on sales, automatically produce the most preferred person for a position and quickly make adjustments on the fly has made this product one of our most used tools. Scheduling is important and should not be something that causes problems. ShiftAgent met us where we needed them to. Unlike other sites that just allow you to fill in a shift with a person's name, ShiftAgent uses a system to quickly identify who is the best person for that particular shift. By this I mean, you can rank a person's skill level for each individual job, set preferred hours to request while still setting an administration limit on their weekly hours, and take into consideration their hours for the week, when they will be in overtime, and if they have requested that day off. There are probably other features that I have forgotten to mention that affect which name appears first. My recommendation is just setting up a demo with the support staff to see for yourself. This software will change your life when it comes to scheduling. BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE.

Cons

The biggest gripe we have with ShiftAgent is that there is no app for us to use on our phones. Unfortunately, the software is set up for a browser mode and that is highly limiting at times. You can still approve and disapprove of shift trades from your phone as well as use various other features, but the software comes across as clunky and dated. The website is also glitchy as well. Now, this does not cause you to lose any work done or information put, but the site will randomly log you out. This has literally happened up to three straight times in a row for us. This can make you pretty frustrated when you're trying to find a team member's number, see whose working, or whatever it is you're doing. That being said, I would still use this software over any other software that I have come across over the last 4 years. It provides so much more value over its competitors despite the problems.

Brian K.

Effective!

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

We joined up and had a few challenges adapting. Matt at ShiftAgent was very helpful to make changes literally overnight on a few things and found ways to be able to do what we needed without effecting or changing the product for other users. I love what shift agent has become and look forward to seeing where it goes!

Pros

Allows us to create highly detailed schedules, quickly. It just works!

Cons

Cannot create schedules from an iPhone. Has web app but not an actual store app. Most end users(employees) are used to apps, not saving bookmarks to their homepage.

Edith F.

ShiftAgent

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

It's made scheduling a lot easier on me and my team. I love that my team is responsible for keeping their availability updated, inputting requests for days off and trading shifts.

Pros

It's easy to use and I love that every time I need help there is always somebody there to help me out.

Cons

It freezes on me frequently. Also, there's been times when it freezes and deletes all my work... So I start over and then next time I sign in there's double shifts for everybody because both schedules show up.
Not a con, but it would be nice if there was a 2 week minimum limit for when asking off or updating availability.

Tina B.

System runs extremely slow

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

We have been using this product since February of this year. We like the platform, but the system runs extremely slow. We tried running on Google chrome as opposed to safari, but still have the same issues.

Pros

I love the way it pulls up the next available/best team member for the open position. I also love that each team member can control their own availability as well as give away and pick up shifts.

Cons

It takes WAY too long. The system is extremely slow. Scheduling time could be cut in half if your system as supported with a quicker response. Also, when I've sent an online chat, it took days to get a response.

4.0/10
Jamie S.

Fantastic!! (but sometimes glitchy)

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

Shift Agent has transformed our scheduling process! As a fast food restaurant with over 65 employees, we highly recommend the site.

Pros

Ease for employees to trade shifts. Visual depiction of scheduling numbers (how many are working when.) Smart scheduling features.

Cons

Some functions cannot be done on smart phones. At times (especially when writing the schedule), the site auto logs out with an error.

Belinda S.

Heart of House Director

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

Shift agent has some good features but at the same time it freezeie up a lot and kick you off the sight.

Tim W.

Needs improvement

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

The program is slow to respond and has a lot of problems. When we make adjustments to schedules the program takes a minute or two to recognize the change and freezes up. The screen often gets all jumbled up with text boxes covering other items and I have to restart the program every few minutes to resolve the issue. These problems occur on several different computers and are consistent issues

Pros

Smart scheduling is good. Inputting the off days and employee information makes scheduling easy.

Cons

Software issues and limited mobile use.

Response from Shift Agent Labs

Thank you Tim, we welcome your feedback. We've addressed two specific issues that were causing some users to experience slower service, and we're happy to announce that the issue should be resolved. Can you let us know if you are still experiencing some issues? We are willing to work with you to give you the best possible scheduling option.

Ben A.

A great product, that with some tweaking and custom features could be a 10/10!

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

The overall transition to this product was very smooth and we were able to set everything up the way we wanted things. We have a large staff number and needed something that could help us manage and schedule them while still seeing the operational side of things.

Pros

It simplifies scheduling as a whole and allows everything to be online and in a set place. It also allows the employees to access everything on their mobile device or home computers instead of at the store.

Cons

The updates seem to be few and not all that big. The lag time with the servers is a little frustrating and can sometimes be more of a hassle than it is worth. A simple set up and maybe examples for how stores use and create specific templates would be nice to see as well.

7.0/10

Shift Agent Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

Smart scheduling include some pay days and control

Cons

extremely slow system, need to upgrade it and support quickly

7.0/10
Shelby B.

Very Efficient

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

We got shift agent for our company a little over a month ago. It has made it easier to switch shifts and confirm where employees are going to work that day

Caleb M.

Shift agent

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use this app in the workplace.

Cons

There really wasn't anything that I personally would complain about.