TrackMySubs Reviews

TrackMySubs

Subscription tracking and management solution

4.9/5 (41 reviews)
Nino A.

TrackMySubs is one of my favorite apps and I use it all the time to track all my recurring payments.

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Helps me budget, keep track of every subscription and recurring payment both personally and in my online business. I've noticed that so many services are subscription based these days and to be honest I actually prefer subscriptions because it's incentive for companies to provide a good service and keep their service or product up to date.

Pros

I like that at a glance I can see how much money I am spending on every subscription and every recurring payment I have. Before I used this tool I would waste so much money subscribing to stuff which I then forgot to cancel, things like insurances which I used to set and forget are now front of mind and lets me easily find better deals without having to dig through paperwork. I've got it set up so that an alert gets emailed to me so I know ahead of time before I'm going to get hit with any payment. TMS listens to feedback and regularly includes useful features.
When I first signed up I thought it'd be a gimmick because I could only think of about 5-10 subscriptions or recurring payments and for that amount it wouldn't be worth it. But as it turns out I have almost 50! I got on a roll and went through my bank statements and ended up entering all my recurring payments. So now I have everything logged now like mortgage, loans, utility bills, insurance, rates, netflix, rego, apple music, icloud data storage, bank fees, phone, office365, and a whole stack more.
I don't usually recommend software - probably like most people because the motivation is more for complaining about apps that don't work like they're supposed to rather than recommending the ones that do.
But the fact that this app paid for itself about 5x over in the first month has made it one of the two or three apps I always recommend. It's saved (and continues to save) me cash.

Cons

I can't really think of anything bad about this software - other than I wish I'd had it for the past 20 years, rather than just the last year! Probably the only negative is that they don't have an affiliate or credit system set up because I've probably recommended about 10 people to TMS in the past year already! But seriously, it's no big deal. It costs barely more than a coffee a month it's pretty much a no brainer buy.

Dr. rachna J.

I love this software! Easy to use and effective at managing subscriptions!

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

It helps me keep track of my subscriptions, cancel before they charge again when I'm not renewing and overall manage my cash flow. I feel a lot more in control of my subscription payments and am no longer surprised by charges I didn't expect showing up on my credit card.

Pros

TrackmySubs is easy to use, effective, and (dare I say?) fun! It's easy to get started and now, anytime I add a subscription payment, it's part of my workflow to add the details into TrackmySubs right away.

Although it seems like I could keep track of my subscriptions using an Excel file or something else like that, the truth is that I never did that- and anyway, I didn't set up Excel to email me automatically and update me when a subscription was about to go through again.

I've been using TrackmySubs for a few months, but it has already saved me money, enabling me to cancel subscriptions I didn't want to renew- and even more than that, it's helped me keep track of mysterious payments that go out of my Paypal account with a preapproval key and no other information. This will come in handy next year when many of these renew and I have no memory of what the the purchase was.

I don't promote many software programs, but I am a proud affiliate for TrackmySubs. I recommend it to any online business owner who wants to keep better track of their subscriptions and manage their cash flow.

Cons

There is little that I don't like about the software. I think that the set up of non-monthly subscriptions could be slightly more intuitive- i.e. when you set up a subscription that renews every 6 months, it's not immediately clear how to do that. It's possible- and easy to do once you know how, but that was the only slight faltering I had in using the software from the start.

Gareth B.

Lovely UI! Made me think about my business expenses. Underused as a few holes in meaningful reports.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Better understanding of regular business expenses. Quick snapshot of subscriptions and monthly cashflow outgoings.

Pros

Made/makes me think about my/our expenses as a small business.
The UI is awesome, nice work! Having the logos in there means you can get a quick snapshot where things are at.
Th email reminders also are a great feature to build on.
Calendar was a good addition, ability to subscribe to a feed down the track maybe?

Cons

Reporting is not meaningful enough without us being able to segment.
We are small, this would only apply to our use case, but we have our business expenses and large household (like mortgage).
It would be great to be able to get a 'payments left this month' total and graph for just our Business expenses by using the filters in the reports.

Response from Graphics Overflow

Hi Gareth,

Thanks so much for the review!

You can filter your reports by clicking on the folders in the key of each chart. This will turn the data on and off in the reports dynamically for whichever you select.

I'd love to know if this is the feature you were after.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any trouble.

cheers,
Gabe

Mark H.

The Must Have Software Track List

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Overall TrackMySubs alerts my finance department and me of future software payments that are due. Just set a "before date" and you will receive a detailed email. This way we are able to check to see if the software in question is still being actively​ used or not and we can decide​ to cancel, renew, or maybe add users to a specific​ application. Having reports with your spending per month or whatever you so desire to see is hugely​​ beneficial. In one instance we found we had a second​ subscription and were able to reduce cost by cancelling.​

Pros

TrackMySubs is without a doubt the easiest way to keep an eye on your software expenses.​ Monthly, quarterly, yearly, you name it. Like always, S..t in is S..t out, so make sure you keep your list up to date.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this application. The developer​ , Gabe, is always improving and tweaking the software. I wish I had found it earlier!

Shane R.

I love TMS!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

Pros

Track My Subs is really easy to use and does exactly what it claims to. I love that I can tag my subs to group them and also put them in folders. And I really love being able to set multiple custom reminders for upcoming renewals and add notes to those reminders. Track My Subs has saved me loads of money by notifying me when a subscription renewal is coming up. I have saved a lot of money by canceling subscriptions that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like. It does what it claims to and does it perfectly. Maybe the UI could be a little nicer if I really have to find something :)

Glenn L.

TrackMySubs is a go to tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

I know what cloud-based tools and subscriptions I have.
They are organized in a way that I can find what I am looking for.
You can track when your subscriptions renew and your recurring costs.

Pros

I have SO MANY subscriptions and cloud-based services that I either subscribe to or purchased. Keeping track of them was a nightmare. I would lose track. Then I came across TrackMySubs. Love this tool. You can organize your subs into folders e.g. Social Media tools, video tools, content creation tools, SEO, etc.
Because of TMS I know what tools and I have and they are organized by function.

Cons

Not crazy about subscription based software. Much prefer to be able to just buy what I want outright. Still, this tool is a good value even on the subscription model. If you can get a lifetime license, GO FOR IT!

Michael D.

Track My Subs Will SAVE YOU MONEY!!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/06
Review Source

Pros

Helps you stay on top of trial memberships, so that you can unsubscribe before being charged. The amount of times I've subscribed to a software for a trial and forget that the trial was going to end, and I really didn't want to continue my membership and was charged, I cannot count, and this is VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN THIS HAPPENS, WHICH IS WHY IM USING CAPS AS I WRITE THIS SENTENCE...LOL

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't have the logo of the particular service or software, which is a minor point.
They don't have yet a mobile app, hopefully this can be resolved too.

I FINALLY know what I'm paying for

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

I can track every single one of my subscriptions in this app. I love that I can see exactly what I'm paying monthly for the apps I'm using.

The reminders of recurring subscription payments is a lifesaver!

Cons

There are no cons. This is the only app I know of that you can track all your subscriptions EVERYwhere like they've set it up in TrackMySubs.

Iain S.

Like being ten again and having my mum to cover for my forgetfulness

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

I got organised with my subscriptions and am getting more organised with them as the year goes on. I've been able to use it for personal stuff and business. Plus it gives me a heads up and enough time to consider whether I truly need the subscription that is coming up.

Pros

I've got a tonne of different subscriptions to remember. The fact that there are over 300 different passwords in my password manager (that's another story) should give you an idea of how many subs I need to keep track of. Trackmysubs records what I've got going on, and then just when I need to know about it gives me a nudge and says "Hey, you know that thing you need to remember, well this is your time to remember it."

Love the fact that this software has one job to do, does it so well and is super easy to use and nice to look at. Easier, more interactive and less messy than the spreadsheet work / notifications I was using before.

Cons

The logos that it pulls in are still very US centred so there are a few large well known UK companies like BT who don't get to have their logo uploaded automatically. It makes my wall of subscriptions look a little uneven but I can live with that.

Helen H.

Amazing App

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

I have saved money from unused subscriptions, as well as those I have previously forgotten about. It is also a great tool to track memberships with local and government authorities, bill payments, loan maturities etc.

Pros

The ease of use and functionality of this app is amazing. It can be used in so many ways. I am currently using it for multiple businesses as well as personal subscription management. The customer support is also outstanding.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Any issues arising have been resolved by the developer extremely quickly. I think it's great that there is always the opportunity to leave feedback knowing that it will be addressed in a timely manner.

Jan R.

I wouldn't want to be without it

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/01/05
Review Source

Pros

It's such an easy way to track what you're paying for and using. It's so easy to forgot what you've signed up for and the next thing is, you've been charged again.

I saved the annual cost of TrackMySubs just by cancelling the first subscription I realized I wasn't using. I think it's brilliant and if you're working online, you'd be nuts not to have it.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. The reminders are regular and great and that about covers what I need.

David F.

A must have if you have a lot of subscriptions to manage

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

In one place, I can track all my subscription, the renewal dates, and for my lifetime deals, it gives me a great report to see how much I am saving versus paying monthly. This software alerts me when a refund period is coming up or when there is a renewal and I am doubtful if I want to keep the subscription.

Pros

The simplicity, the use case it solves, the zapier integration, the reporting, this software is excellent. I was unsure about the use case at first, but this software helps me accurately keep track and manage my subscriptions and gives me alerts when I am near a refund period or renewal.

Cons

The interface can be a little slow, a little clunky. They have made improvements, but I would do a full UI overhaul if I were in charge.

Thomas W.

A must if you have a dozen or so recurring expenses

Reviewed on 2018/04/21

Pros

This is the kind of software that's nice to have as long as the price is right. And, yes, the price is right. It's very easy to use, and the product name literally explains what it does (and only that, which is fine).

Cons

Can't complain much about this, it doesn't do much, but what it does is really good. You just need to make sure the pricing is right for you.

Russ G.

So useful!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/27

It's so easy to become "payment poor" these days, when there are so many subscriptions that one can possibly have. Even those small monthly payments add up and it can get to be too much outlay each month. This app not only displays all your subscriptions in one list, but shows the vital data pertaining to each subscription so an easy decision can be made. And the email notifications are icing on the cake.

Pros

Just a smart and easy way to keep track of my many online subscriptions.

Cons

Nothing. It's a simple app that does what I need it to do and more.

Imisa S.

it keeps getting better!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I love the monthly reports to keep me on track.

Pros

Wow - what a brilliant​ idea! I could never keep track of what was renewing when and had all sorts of calendar reminders. This is a huge time saver (and money saver). I am still remembering things I need to include- even lifetime memberships- because then I don't purchase a similar product without making sure I am not duplicating.

Cons

Wow- they keep adding features that I never would​ have thought of. I searched terms like renewal, lifetime, subscription and membership in my email and found even more to update!

Constantine (.

I love TrackMySubs, I finally know what I'm spending and where I'm spending it.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Saved more than $250/month, I now have a detailed picture of where my money goes with all these recurring monthly/yearly subscriptions.

Pros

I can finally track my expenses with all those little (but accumulating) subscriptions. Now, my subscription expenses are under my control. I've saved more than $250/month since I started using it. Thank you TrackMySubs!

Cons

The input subscription process could be a bit easier. I would also like to be able to add custom logos for some of the companies, which I can't do right now. That's minor stuff, but even a great product can become even better...

Taylor B.

Awesome tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/16

One of my favorite and most useful tools!

Pros

Helps me remember when renewals are coming up so I can avoid paying for apps and services that I'm not using. Also helps remind me of the awesome value I've gotten from man of the lifetime deals I've purchased.

Cons

There isn't much not to like. I'm hopeful to see the addition of a few extra features, but overall, it's a gem.

Absolutely Exceptional at tracking subscriptions!

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

I have been able to track my subscriptions and not pay more than I should

Pros

I love the easy layout, the ability to track multiple types of subscriptions and plans (i.e. home bills, business apps, subscriptions, lifetime deals, one time purchases etc), and there new tracking per click software they've come out with. for all your links.

Cons

The only downside is remembering to put my purchases into it. Other than this, it's worked perfectly, but without me remembering to do that bit, it doesn't work the same.

This software is sooo easy to use from the start and it saved me so much money !

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Being able to see the big picture about my subscriptions and to make decision accordingly has saved me lots of money.

Pros

The user experience is fantastic. You create your account, you enter all the date and BAM ! You have a new assistant taking care of your subscriptions. Being able to see the big picture and make decisions accordingly is priceless.

Cons

The folders management is not optimized enough I think and should be more intuitive. And I would greatly appreciate to be able to use it in French.

Daniel V.

best tool to organise my apps

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

no more spreadsheets, everything is organised finally

Pros

I love that i can add and organizse many apps I buy on regular basis, like subscription and lifetime apps i use.

Cons

Something that I have already reported and they are working on it .. that it can get very slow to load all my apps, and I have hundreds of apps :-)

Terry N.

It tracks your subscriptions, not just record them

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I have a few dozens of online tools and subscriptions, way more than I can remember on my own. An excel file or even Airtable would be a good solution to RECORD them, but TrackMySubs is the best solution to TRACK them. I got reminders of imminent renewal of subscriptions, and even a summary of how much I spending every month/year

Pros

It keeps adding new features, features that I didn't know I want but I do want and actually need. I feel that the creators of this tool is in my shoes and understand what people like me need. They also listen and respond to user's request when they are coming up with new features.

Cons

Sometimes I needed to add app icons by myself, even though I thought the app should be quite popular.

Ferdinand E.

Excellent way to monitor your spendings

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Very easy to use software with a very user friendly interface (only some clicks on "save" and some loading times occasionally break the flow). I have a much better overview of both my private and business spendings. I highly recommend using this app - especially if you have a lot of subscriptions...

Pros

- clear and beautiful reports
- many options for (multiple) custom alerts (months, weeks or days before the due date), alert profiles speed up the setup process
- fast filter options
- overview on how much money you need in what month to pay your subscriptions.

Cons

- Saving feels a bit too sluggish at times. Minor options don't get saved if you exit a popup instead of clicking "Save"
- No fast ways to filter for tags (yet?)
- more export or API options would be amazing e.g. export to Datadeck, Reportz or Google Sheets (maybe even updating automatically)

Isaac N.

Home bill tracking done easily

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

This is perfect for tracking home bills and subscriptions. I particularly use it to know when my free trials for things like audible are due to expire so I can choose to continue or cancel. It also reminds me when things like phone contracts can be re-set so that the best deal can be found.

Cons

I find that the searching options are harder to get to and there are no keyboard shortcuts yet which slow down the speed at which I can use it.

Virginia G.

Awesome Subscription Tracker & Budget Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/12

I needed to remember all my subscriptions but it also helped me budget.

Pros

I love how easy it is to add subscriptions via chrome add in. I love how it actually helps me focus on what software to buy. I enjoy budgeting now. I like how I can compare how much money lifetime deals save me. I also don't lose track of ongoing subscription expenses. Its now so easy to cash flow for cast too.

Cons

None. I cannot fault this amazing budgeting tool!

Jan R.

If I could give 10 stars for value for money I would!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Money savings

Pros

It's just a brilliant reminder for upcoming repeat subscriptions. Gives you time to cancel stuff you aren't using anymore.

Great for people who work online but most people have subscriptions now.

I think it's a no-brainer for anyone with more than 1 subscription