TrackMySubs

Subscription tracking and management solution

Glenn L.

TrackMySubs is a go to tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

I know what cloud-based tools and subscriptions I have.
They are organized in a way that I can find what I am looking for.
You can track when your subscriptions renew and your recurring costs.

Pros

I have SO MANY subscriptions and cloud-based services that I either subscribe to or purchased. Keeping track of them was a nightmare. I would lose track. Then I came across TrackMySubs. Love this tool. You can organize your subs into folders e.g. Social Media tools, video tools, content creation tools, SEO, etc.
Because of TMS I know what tools and I have and they are organized by function.

Cons

Not crazy about subscription based software. Much prefer to be able to just buy what I want outright. Still, this tool is a good value even on the subscription model. If you can get a lifetime license, GO FOR IT!

Nino A.
  • Industry: Music

TrackMySubs is one of my favorite apps and I use it all the time to track all my recurring...

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Helps me budget, keep track of every subscription and recurring payment both personally and in my online business. I've noticed that so many services are subscription based these days and to be honest I actually prefer subscriptions because it's incentive for companies to provide a good service and keep their service or product up to date.

Pros

I like that at a glance I can see how much money I am spending on every subscription and every recurring payment I have. Before I used this tool I would waste so much money subscribing to stuff which I then forgot to cancel, things like insurances which I used to set and forget are now front of mind and lets me easily find better deals without having to dig through paperwork. I've got it set up so that an alert gets emailed to me so I know ahead of time before I'm going to get hit with any payment. TMS listens to feedback and regularly includes useful features.
When I first signed up I thought it'd be a gimmick because I could only think of about 5-10 subscriptions or recurring payments and for that amount it wouldn't be worth it. But as it turns out I have almost 50! I got on a roll and went through my bank statements and ended up entering all my recurring payments. So now I have everything logged now like mortgage, loans, utility bills, insurance, rates, netflix, rego, apple music, icloud data storage, bank fees, phone, office365, and a whole stack more.
I don't usually recommend software - probably like most people because the motivation is more for complaining about apps that don't work like they're supposed to rather than recommending the ones that do.
But the fact that this app paid for itself about 5x over in the first month has made it one of the two or three apps I always recommend. It's saved (and continues to save) me cash.

Cons

I can't really think of anything bad about this software - other than I wish I'd had it for the past 20 years, rather than just the last year! Probably the only negative is that they don't have an affiliate or credit system set up because I've probably recommended about 10 people to TMS in the past year already! But seriously, it's no big deal. It costs barely more than a coffee a month it's pretty much a no brainer buy.

Gareth B.
  • Industry: Online Media

Lovely UI! Made me think about my business expenses. Underused as a few holes in meaningful...

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Better understanding of regular business expenses. Quick snapshot of subscriptions and monthly cashflow outgoings.

Pros

Made/makes me think about my/our expenses as a small business.
The UI is awesome, nice work! Having the logos in there means you can get a quick snapshot where things are at.
Th email reminders also are a great feature to build on.
Calendar was a good addition, ability to subscribe to a feed down the track maybe?

Cons

Reporting is not meaningful enough without us being able to segment.
We are small, this would only apply to our use case, but we have our business expenses and large household (like mortgage).
It would be great to be able to get a 'payments left this month' total and graph for just our Business expenses by using the filters in the reports.

Response from Graphics Overflow

Hi Gareth,

Thanks so much for the review!

You can filter your reports by clicking on the folders in the key of each chart. This will turn the data on and off in the reports dynamically for whichever you select.

I'd love to know if this is the feature you were after.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any trouble.

cheers,
Gabe

Iain S.

Like being ten again and having my mum to cover for my forgetfulness

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

I got organised with my subscriptions and am getting more organised with them as the year goes on. I've been able to use it for personal stuff and business. Plus it gives me a heads up and enough time to consider whether I truly need the subscription that is coming up.

Pros

I've got a tonne of different subscriptions to remember. The fact that there are over 300 different passwords in my password manager (that's another story) should give you an idea of how many subs I need to keep track of. Trackmysubs records what I've got going on, and then just when I need to know about it gives me a nudge and says "Hey, you know that thing you need to remember, well this is your time to remember it."

Love the fact that this software has one job to do, does it so well and is super easy to use and nice to look at. Easier, more interactive and less messy than the spreadsheet work / notifications I was using before.

Cons

The logos that it pulls in are still very US centred so there are a few large well known UK companies like BT who don't get to have their logo uploaded automatically. It makes my wall of subscriptions look a little uneven but I can live with that.

Constantine (.

I love TrackMySubs, I finally know what I'm spending and where I'm spending it.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Saved more than $250/month, I now have a detailed picture of where my money goes with all these recurring monthly/yearly subscriptions.

Pros

I can finally track my expenses with all those little (but accumulating) subscriptions. Now, my subscription expenses are under my control. I've saved more than $250/month since I started using it. Thank you TrackMySubs!

Cons

The input subscription process could be a bit easier. I would also like to be able to add custom logos for some of the companies, which I can't do right now. That's minor stuff, but even a great product can become even better...

Absolutely Exceptional at tracking subscriptions!

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

I have been able to track my subscriptions and not pay more than I should

Pros

I love the easy layout, the ability to track multiple types of subscriptions and plans (i.e. home bills, business apps, subscriptions, lifetime deals, one time purchases etc), and there new tracking per click software they've come out with. for all your links.

Cons

The only downside is remembering to put my purchases into it. Other than this, it's worked perfectly, but without me remembering to do that bit, it doesn't work the same.

Bruce D.

How not to lose money

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Excellent; everyone should use this so you actually know what money you are spending and you can easily manage it.

Pros

This is a simple way of tracking all those automatic payments you have coming out of accounts...credit cards...paypal etc. Easy to use, and edit.

Cons

I'm sure its in development, but a phone app would be great.

Ferdinand E.
  • Industry: Animation

Excellent way to monitor your spendings

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Very easy to use software with a very user friendly interface (only some clicks on "save" and some loading times occasionally break the flow). I have a much better overview of both my private and business spendings. I highly recommend using this app - especially if you have a lot of subscriptions...

Pros

- clear and beautiful reports
- many options for (multiple) custom alerts (months, weeks or days before the due date), alert profiles speed up the setup process
- fast filter options
- overview on how much money you need in what month to pay your subscriptions.

Cons

- Saving feels a bit too sluggish at times. Minor options don't get saved if you exit a popup instead of clicking "Save"
- No fast ways to filter for tags (yet?)
- more export or API options would be amazing e.g. export to Datadeck, Reportz or Google Sheets (maybe even updating automatically)

Jan R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

If I could give 10 stars for value for money I would!

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Money savings

Pros

It's just a brilliant reminder for upcoming repeat subscriptions. Gives you time to cancel stuff you aren't using anymore.

Great for people who work online but most people have subscriptions now.

I think it's a no-brainer for anyone with more than 1 subscription

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Web App

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Organizing my subscriptions in one portal with alerts.

Pros

Great web app and a great idea that I've looked for such a website so long that can help me in monitoring my subscriptions.

Cons

Nothing bad about this web app.
Maybe if they can add a lifetime subscription filter and sync with Google calendar will be great.
also, more currencies are missing. adding some currencies will help (e.g. EGP)

Suradj H.

A time saver for me!

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

I really like this existence of this software. The fact i can see all my SUB. in one place in one overview is more then i could have asked.

Cons

For now it works great. Nothing to complain and nothing to add what i don't like. Searching logo's was in the beginning a challenge but it's not a show stopper!

Lisa T.

Great app!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

Free app allows you to list 10 magazine subscriptions and lets you know when they will bill your account with. 7 days notice. My checking account is safe from unknown charges.

Cons

Im a little dissapointed that only 10 subscriptions for free.

Femi S.

So far so good, love the reminders

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

makes me double check my card to make sure i have enough money before the bill kicks in, and if not enough adjust the billing period

Cons

not too sure rn, but it'll be nice if there is an app. I tend to not pay attention to all emails because I've alot coming in and I tend t o miss some notifications

Nicolet G.
  • Industry: Photography

A clear overview of all my subscription and their renewal dates

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

TrackMySubs has saved me quite some money! That's the main reason I decided to use it. The team continually adds new features, and it is great to have seen this product mature over the past couple of years.​

Pros

When I subscribe to a new SAAS or another service​, I enter the billing details in TrackMySubs. A week before the due date (or earlier), I receive a notification. ​
Besides, I get a monthly update with all the upcoming payments, ​so I am never taken by surprise when a yearly subscription renews.

Cons

On the one hand,​ it is a bit pricey for a simple product, but on the other hand, it has proven itself a couple of times by alerting​ me in time to cancel a subscription; TrackMySubs pays for itself!

Shane R.
  • Industry: Design

I love TMS!!

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

Pros

Track My Subs is really easy to use and does exactly what it claims to. I love that I can tag my subs to group them and also put them in folders. And I really love being able to set multiple custom reminders for upcoming renewals and add notes to those reminders. Track My Subs has saved me loads of money by notifying me when a subscription renewal is coming up. I have saved a lot of money by canceling subscriptions that I otherwise wouldn't have.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like. It does what it claims to and does it perfectly. Maybe the UI could be a little nicer if I really have to find something :)

• Industry: Entertainment

I FINALLY know what I'm paying for

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

I can track every single one of my subscriptions in this app. I love that I can see exactly what I'm paying monthly for the apps I'm using.

The reminders of recurring subscription payments is a lifesaver!

Cons

There are no cons. This is the only app I know of that you can track all your subscriptions EVERYwhere like they've set it up in TrackMySubs.

Brent R.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

A tool with great purpose, but not refined enough

Reviewed on 2019/12/31

TrackMySubs does what it is supposed to do, and does a decent job at it. I feel like they could have expanded the idea more and made it easier to find and add the services you use, but it's still relatively easy to use. If they would only go a bit further and flesh out the feature set, TrackMySubs would be amazing.

Pros

I love that you can track your spending on the various business tools you purchase. You can even track lifetime deals and how much they are saving you, and get reminders when certain tools are set to be renewed. And you are able to integrate with your email, which is amazing. This is really a tool about helping you save money, and that's the best kind of tool!

Cons

TrackMySubs is a bit clunky, and some features are lacking, like the ability to bulk edit your tracked tools. I also found that I could use something like Clickup or another customizable project management tool and get the same features and results with just a little work, and actually do MORE than TrackMySubs. That doesn't mean TMS is bad because it really is pretty affordable and does what it is supposed to do. I think my excitement just died down when I realized they are missing out on some of their potential.

Darwin P.

You Can't Account 4 what you don't Track

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Solving an ability to.track expenses that will make for.better accounting.

Pros

I can SEE everything, I'm spending and what going out but really cool has an option. For what coming in too!

Cons

Couldn't get a life time deal for it however the deal.i.got.was a good 1.

Kimberly C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

If you want to save money, you need TrackMySubs

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

My CPA husband loves how much money this software has saved me - I don't forget to cancel free trials anymore.

Pros

I love that in TrackMySubs I can organize and launch all my software, view reports of my spending, and keep track of it all so I don't forget about renewals/expiries.

Cons

Sometimes TrackMySubs takes a little longer to load than I'd like but I have no other complaints whatsoever.

Mary G.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Tracker That Keeps on Giving

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Pros

The support team actively requests customer feedback and updates Track My Subs. You'll get individual or clustered reminders, reports on what you spend, save, and make, and flexible tracking fields including notes. Track My Subs is so easy to use to save and make money! Who doesn't need to stop mindless spending on what we don't want, need, or even remember we have?

Cons

Every time I cant a new feature, the support team adds that one and more.

Rick H.

Exceptional Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

The customer support team at TrackMySubs is exceptional. I had a problem with importing a big lists of subscriptions and the customer support team went above and beyond to solve it. Impressive!

Pros

I can enter all the subscriptions that I have *and* the subscriptions that I provide to my customers. Not only will TrackMySubs alert me when a subscription is up for renewal, it also calculates my costs, revenue en savings. Awesome.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for the system to save changes.

Jonathan P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

5 Stars *****

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Pros

Just what we needed. A great place to keep track of the ever expanding number of subscriptions we use. Thanks guys, great product!

Cons

I haven't found any Cons regarding this product...

Craige hardel -.

Finally a solution for all these expenses to be organized

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I like it. The dates feature and due date really comes in handy and saved my money

Pros

Track my subs is a good solution to organize those softwares you pay for and keep track of due dates. It helps me keep track of bills and better estimate expenses way better than spreadsheets

Cons

No offline solution. It would be nice to have a solution i can sync and use anywhere especially since I don't have internet access all the time

Connie B.

The easy way to manage all those Subscriptions

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

I started with a free trial but I intend to purchase so I can keep using this software. I cannot imagine losing all this valuable information.

Pros

I like being able to enter each of my subscriptions in one place. I am able to enter the date my subscription is due even if it is monthly or yearly. Plus I can see how much I am spending on my subscriptions and know when to expect them to come out of my payables account. I can put stop and start dates and make notes to help me recall important information.

Cons

Since I started using TrackMySubs they have added more than I could have wished for. I cannot think of anything at the moment.

Jan R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I wouldn't want to be without it

Reviewed on 2019/01/05

Pros

It's such an easy way to track what you're paying for and using. It's so easy to forgot what you've signed up for and the next thing is, you've been charged again.

I saved the annual cost of TrackMySubs just by cancelling the first subscription I realized I wasn't using. I think it's brilliant and if you're working online, you'd be nuts not to have it.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment. The reminders are regular and great and that about covers what I need.