Podium Reviews

Podium

Review management, reputation software, feedback & webchat

4.4/5 (93 reviews)
Gjenes B.

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros

What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons

The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

Jordan B.

Get it and rethink any department you think could use it

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

We absolutely love the podium product. We receive great reviews, and are able to get in touch with clients that simply stop communicating any other way - especially our past due clients.

Pros

It makes collections, review solicitations, and even internal communications much easier than any alternative I've found.

Cons

Some members of the sales team are more intense than they need to be and follow up beyond the intrusive level.

Baylee M.

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros

In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

Megan M.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I enjoyed using Podium! It was very beneficial for our office needs

Pros

It was user friendly and targeted a different type of customer/patient. Texting is the new way of contacting or communicating with other people and responses were quicker and more accurate.

Cons

The program was easy to use but it was hard to pinpoint exact lists when need be

A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/01

None

Pros

Direct Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.

Cons

Very limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.

2.0/10
Lisa M.

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros

Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

Jerry M.

Great until you want to cancel it!

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

Pros

Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

Cons

Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money.

One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

0.0/10
Jennifer G.

Gives options to customers for places to write a review

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

We used Podium through another company that we signed up with. We were able to easily text with customers and as for a review through this system. Our company is strong with customer reviews so it was an easier way to ask for one and the customer could access whichever review site they felt most comfortable with right from their phone.

Cons

Some customers complain about leaving a Google review because they don't remember their Google login. This company helps with those customers because it gives them links to other review sites if they don't want to leave a Google review. Nothing in particular that I do not like about this product.

Rick K.

It works great!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am at a new company and I suggest they use it too.

Pros

People don't always have a gmail account. It made them jump through hoops to do a review elsewhere. People became cautious and leave the site.

Cons

Nothing. I really did like using it. It was a great reminder to customers to do a review. It required almost immediate follow though.

Karla D.

Incredible customer interaction for fast authentic reviews from the social media sites that I choose

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Pros

Up to the minute reviews that I can respond to on one platform
The Leader Board is terrific to help build a fun and competitive arena between our sales force
Our sales people like the app and reading what their customers say about them
Once set up to my liking it's fast and easy to follow and allows our entire store to work towards
different goals for obtaining authentic reviews from happy customers.
The Podium staff is amazing, on top of it, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with enthusiasm. They always respond quickly to any questions.
Our customers respond well and fast once they receive the invite
I can immediately respond or resolve customer needs when they come through the messenger

Cons

That Yelp won't allow Podium to link up - which is actually Yelp's fault
That the yelps take a couple days to show up on my reviews list
That my responses to DealerRater reviews don't show up on Podium

Highly Recommend Podium

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

Great service that has allowed us to get many reviews when we found it hard to get them. The service is straightforward and easy to use and customers seem to like it too. They are always updating their website and makes things easier to use. If you want more reviews then use Podium!!!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this product. The only thing that could be better would be if they could offer a link to yelp.

Rebecca P.

my assessment for podium

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Pros

I love that I can communicate one on one with all of my customers and potential customers.

Cons

I dislike very much that the software does not recognize all cellphone devices. some of my customers click on the link provided but it wont let them access the link or sometimes I will send the podium link and the customer only recieves part of the message and not the link so I end up having to redirect customer to go to a different site to post a review and that defeats the purpose of using podium if customer has to be redirected. they get fruserated by that point and I lose a review.

Loving Podium for the reviews!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We love Podium and find a ton of value in using it to drive positive reviews.

Pros

How it has helped us drive tons of positive reviews to our online profiles while also capturing negative feedback so we can act on it quickly and make things right. It integrates with Service Titan which is also wonderful.

Cons

Reporting is spread across their site in a confusing manner until you get used to it.

Julie C.

Generate Positive Reviews & Sales

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

After a bit of a learning curve by the team, the software is working well to generate reviews on Google and sales from the webchat feature.  Having all messages in one place is really handy. Also folks can text the store instead of call. Customers like getting texts when there car is ready as opposed to a call too. The Sales team is a bit relentless, but I appreciated it in the end to help get it rolling. The support chat has been helpful as well.

Pros

All messages from social media, Google and the webchat come into one inbox, and can be easily handled by the sales team and review requests can be automatically generated.

Cons

Integration for automated reviews had a hiccup for one of the locations that took some time to correct. Also, sometimes the request texts are duplicated.

Joy T.

Stellar

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

It does what it says it will do. Our reviews have more than tripled over the past year of working with Podium. The platform allows an easy conversation with our customers and an easy way for them to tell the world what they think about our service. Because it is easy for our customers to follow through with the review, a high number of the requests result in reviews.

Madison W.

Love Podium !

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

I love podium. I think it brings a lot of business to our company & easy for the customer to get ahold of us/ ask us questions without calling us or driving in first. I think it has many benefits as far as texting customers & getting reviews ect.

Cons

Notifications don’t always come through and it leaves the customer waiting awhile until we find it.

Jasmin W.

Instant Messaging made easy

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Overall it has been great. The set-up was fairly fast and painless. The rep that explained to us what the program was did a great job.

Pros

We signed up for Podium and it made messaging our patients super fast and easy. Any patients that have information that needs to be updated they can simply text us the information or a picture. Once we hit send, the patient receives it on the phone.

Cons

At first the web log-in from a computer was limited to not sending images. Now you can send and receive images.

Stacey B.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Podium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions.

Hayley M.

Overal Good

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

So far since i have been using it daily i have been able to use it accordingly and communicate well with those customers that use it as well.

Pros

I like that we can contact clients without using our real phones. It is nice being able to shoot a quick text for those clients who are not always available to answer the phone. It has opened more opportunities for us to gain clientele.

Cons

I do not like that when people text in, we cannot see their phone number and i have to ask for it.

Randy C.

Podium review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

I like the texting feature makes it very easy to communicate with our customers

Cons

nothing really comes to mind, Everything is pretty smooth.

Adam Y.

Great product to help companies have their customers leave reviews about their experience with ease

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Ability to request for online reviews, track reviews for your company online, and track trends to see what customers are saying about your company.

Pros

Easy to use text messaging tool that allows you to request for your customers to review you. Often customers do not seek to leave a review their experience unless they were blown away positively or have a negative experience. This tool helps companies get ahead and proactively request for customers to review their experience. The system can be set up to manually set up to request for review or automated through an API when customers make their purchase.

Cons

There are times that customers have had issues accessing the reviews after clicking on the link in the text message. Most are able to get there, but some have issues due to browser issues on their phone or computer.

Podium helped me to increase the review rate of my product and improve web chat

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Ease of use web chat and more product and business reviews

Pros

The additional reviews that my business received have helped us to reach a greater audience and had a great effect on our sales. The web chat functionality is excellent and allows us to stay connected.

Cons

I have had occasional issues reaching customer service but nothing that would prevent me from using the software.

7.0/10

Prepare yourself to accelerate your Google and other third-party reviews!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

We have a hard time getting third party reviews because we have reviews we sent out internally to better understand where we may have fallen short throughout the customer buying life cycle. Through Podium, we are able to better leverage our crews to ask and facilitate the review process so that we can get feedback on these other platforms.

Pros

It's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results. There are other offerings that do similar things, but Podium is by far the most refined and feature packed.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is. However, the number of reviews you'll get completely offsets these costs. Just be prepared for somewhat of a sticker shock. The actual product is great~

Amazing product, but is pricy

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Does a great job getting reviews and obtaining great information to build online reviews and reputation.

Cons

The cost is very high. You get what you pay for, and podium does a LOT! Love the program just is costly.

Podium was the first, but you pay for the name!

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

Good

Pros

Podium changed the way I manage my reputation online before I was really even thinking about it

Cons

It is expensive. Newer, comparable competitors have entered the space for lower price points