Podium Reviews

Podium

Review management, reputation software, feedback & webchat

4.4/5 (78 reviews)
Gjenes B.

Tracking Reviews Can Be Easy

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Being able to easily track and report the teams stats on sending/collecting reviews. Easy platform for our team and our customers.

Pros

What I like most about Podium is the ability to add each representative so that they can send out invites to the customers they speak to. I like this feature because as a Marketing Specialist, I'm not on the phone with customers - they are. They can easily plug in their phone number or email address and the customer will receive the invite! They simply click the link and leave us a review. It makes it easy for not just the team, but the customers as well. That is very important to us.

Cons

The inability to get access ALL analytical results on the dashboard. You get some of the info, but in order to look at everything, I have to generate different reports from the platform and look at it in a spreadsheet. This is probably the most annoying and inconvenient part of using this platform. It has the ability to filter and look at stats for some things and other things, its not there.

Baylee M.

Fantastic for Growing Online Reputation

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

This has helped us immensely with capturing reviews as customers are leaving the store with their experience fresh in their minds!

Pros

In addition to being extremely easy to use and straightforward from a backend and frontend standpoint, this software is such an easy way to grow and manage our online reputation. I love that all I have to do (once my campaign is set up) is enter a phone number and hit "send"! It's way easier than asking our customers to leave reviews, and most of them actually do it.

Cons

There wasn't much that I didn't like about the software. The only thing worth mentioning is there are a few creative limitations when setting up your campaign. However, nothing that a few tweaks couldn't fix!

A user-to-customer messaging platform for reviews that's hooked in with Google

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/04/01

None

Pros

Direct Google integration is definitely the biggest pro here. They also are focused on having staff message customers directly for reviews one-on-one. It won't work for everyone, just depends on the business model.

Cons

Very limited functionality and visibility into your account. Right now, it's basically just a review solicitation platform via messaging and email. It's efficient at getting star ratings and reviews, but that's about it. If you're looking for surveys, look elsewhere. Also, when I was a customer, they didn't even have NPS Score. That's pretty basic. Reporting is very limited and it's hard to get an overview of your total account, only individual locations. Customization is little to none for both the dashboard and the actual campaigns. Oh, and it's crazy expensive. You're basically paying for the direct Google integration. Which is super nice and important, but still. I also had a very negative experience that was unique to me. I had very specific contract conditions that were not met and it was a very difficult and painful process to get rectified. I felt very misled by the company and lost any trust I had in them. It was very disappointing.

2.0/10
Lisa M.

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros

Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

Jennifer G.

Gives options to customers for places to write a review

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

We used Podium through another company that we signed up with. We were able to easily text with customers and as for a review through this system. Our company is strong with customer reviews so it was an easier way to ask for one and the customer could access whichever review site they felt most comfortable with right from their phone.

Cons

Some customers complain about leaving a Google review because they don't remember their Google login. This company helps with those customers because it gives them links to other review sites if they don't want to leave a Google review. Nothing in particular that I do not like about this product.

Rick K.

It works great!

Reviewed on 2018/10/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am at a new company and I suggest they use it too.

Pros

People don't always have a gmail account. It made them jump through hoops to do a review elsewhere. People became cautious and leave the site.

Cons

Nothing. I really did like using it. It was a great reminder to customers to do a review. It required almost immediate follow though.

Karla D.

Incredible customer interaction for fast authentic reviews from the social media sites that I choose

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Pros

Up to the minute reviews that I can respond to on one platform
The Leader Board is terrific to help build a fun and competitive arena between our sales force
Our sales people like the app and reading what their customers say about them
Once set up to my liking it's fast and easy to follow and allows our entire store to work towards
different goals for obtaining authentic reviews from happy customers.
The Podium staff is amazing, on top of it, creative, helpful, knowledgeable, and always happy to help with enthusiasm. They always respond quickly to any questions.
Our customers respond well and fast once they receive the invite
I can immediately respond or resolve customer needs when they come through the messenger

Cons

That Yelp won't allow Podium to link up - which is actually Yelp's fault
That the yelps take a couple days to show up on my reviews list
That my responses to DealerRater reviews don't show up on Podium

Highly Recommend Podium

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

Great service that has allowed us to get many reviews when we found it hard to get them. The service is straightforward and easy to use and customers seem to like it too. They are always updating their website and makes things easier to use. If you want more reviews then use Podium!!!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this product. The only thing that could be better would be if they could offer a link to yelp.

Loving Podium for the reviews!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We love Podium and find a ton of value in using it to drive positive reviews.

Pros

How it has helped us drive tons of positive reviews to our online profiles while also capturing negative feedback so we can act on it quickly and make things right. It integrates with Service Titan which is also wonderful.

Cons

Reporting is spread across their site in a confusing manner until you get used to it.

Joy T.

Stellar

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

It does what it says it will do. Our reviews have more than tripled over the past year of working with Podium. The platform allows an easy conversation with our customers and an easy way for them to tell the world what they think about our service. Because it is easy for our customers to follow through with the review, a high number of the requests result in reviews.

Jasmin W.

Instant Messaging made easy

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Overall it has been great. The set-up was fairly fast and painless. The rep that explained to us what the program was did a great job.

Pros

We signed up for Podium and it made messaging our patients super fast and easy. Any patients that have information that needs to be updated they can simply text us the information or a picture. Once we hit send, the patient receives it on the phone.

Cons

At first the web log-in from a computer was limited to not sending images. Now you can send and receive images.

Stacey B.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Podium is a top-notch company and I am so glad our company uses them. Their staff is outstanding and responds quickly and eagerly any time we have questions.

Adam Y.

Great product to help companies have their customers leave reviews about their experience with ease

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Ability to request for online reviews, track reviews for your company online, and track trends to see what customers are saying about your company.

Pros

Easy to use text messaging tool that allows you to request for your customers to review you. Often customers do not seek to leave a review their experience unless they were blown away positively or have a negative experience. This tool helps companies get ahead and proactively request for customers to review their experience. The system can be set up to manually set up to request for review or automated through an API when customers make their purchase.

Cons

There are times that customers have had issues accessing the reviews after clicking on the link in the text message. Most are able to get there, but some have issues due to browser issues on their phone or computer.

Podium helped me to increase the review rate of my product and improve web chat

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Ease of use web chat and more product and business reviews

Pros

The additional reviews that my business received have helped us to reach a greater audience and had a great effect on our sales. The web chat functionality is excellent and allows us to stay connected.

Cons

I have had occasional issues reaching customer service but nothing that would prevent me from using the software.

7.0/10

Prepare yourself to accelerate your Google and other third-party reviews!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

We have a hard time getting third party reviews because we have reviews we sent out internally to better understand where we may have fallen short throughout the customer buying life cycle. Through Podium, we are able to better leverage our crews to ask and facilitate the review process so that we can get feedback on these other platforms.

Pros

It's focused so much on user experience. Both internal users and those leaving reviews are welcomed with an experience that helps drive results. There are other offerings that do similar things, but Podium is by far the most refined and feature packed.

Cons

It's expensive for what it is. However, the number of reviews you'll get completely offsets these costs. Just be prepared for somewhat of a sticker shock. The actual product is great~

Amazing product, but is pricy

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Does a great job getting reviews and obtaining great information to build online reviews and reputation.

Cons

The cost is very high. You get what you pay for, and podium does a LOT! Love the program just is costly.

Podium was the first, but you pay for the name!

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

Good

Pros

Podium changed the way I manage my reputation online before I was really even thinking about it

Cons

It is expensive. Newer, comparable competitors have entered the space for lower price points

Excellent product and platform

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Implementation was a breeze (thank you, Rep Team!). The platform is simple to use but powerful and full of value-adds.

Multiple users
Combines communication streams and reviews from Google, FB, and our website into one place.

Cons

Price is a bit steep for SMB, but well worth it if you maximize the value of your positive reviews.

Mike H.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

Effective Software program and works very Efficient with success you can see. The results can be measured as soon as the program starts. Good reporting. All Good have no problems or concerns at this time. The reporting and program is working as we were told that it would work with the results we were told .

Grover K.

Podium is great to work with. They have helped us to get more positive feedback from our customers.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

Podium makes getting reviews from customers very easy. It only takes a second to send the text message to your customer with a link to submit a review. We also enjoy that we can send our customers texts from our work computer and no longer have to do it from our person phones which means everything is found in one place.

Cons

We have a great experience using Podium. The only thing we could say that isn't positive is the initial set up was quite time consuming from all the long phone calls with different people. In reality it only took a couple of hours but when you only have a few employees that time is valuable. Other than that we love using podium!

James M.

We are getting excellent results and achieved 70+ reviews in August alone! Great dashboard too!

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Over 50 good reviews a month through automated service review requests and a useful dashboard.

Pros

The user interface is easy to use and well designed. The messenger is helpful to achieve customer feedback and reach out to customer who have had a less than stellar experience. The analytics section is a useful tool for tracking and I like to check the competitive insights section to keep tabs on where we stand with the competition.

Cons

I wish there was a way to encourage sales members to send out more review requests. We get most of our reviews from service when I know most of our sold customers would also submit good reviews if we simply requested them.

Richard W.

The best money we have spent in our marketing budget by far!!!

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

The software is easy to use and implement in any type of business. By far the best software we have come across to generate reviews for our business.

Cons

Software glitches. We had a malfunction once where the reviews were not being properly assigned to the person who sent the review.

Great way to enhance your companies profile on both Google and Facebook.

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

The format is easy to use and easy to set up. It makes it easy to have your customers leave a review and has enhanced our business.

Cons

It can be difficult to get your team thinking about the importance of online reviews. Not a problem with the platform, but still a hurdle to overcome

Great Tool for Local Businesses

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Tried out Podium for our restaurant and really enjoyed the experience. Lots of features for the money, allowed us to stay very organized with media.

Cons

It's a great platform but we found it to be a little too expensive for our venue but still think its a very useful platform.

Great Chat Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

Pros

Easy to use. Ability to send review invitation links to customers and track those reviews to see who responded. Training and customer support is excellent.

Cons

Doesn't integrate with CarGurus and Auto Trader like some competitors do. Cost is higher than competition.