Podium

Get more leads. Make more money. Powered by AI.

Sherry
Sherry
  • Industry: Automotive

Podium opened up our marketing on Facebook

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Pros

Podium makes it effortless to connect with Facebook users. The ease of interaction is so simple. We are catching leads that wouldn't have been possible before Podium.

Cons

The help desk is through their chat and it's not the best and sometimes pretty frustrating.

Kaitlin

All In One Place!

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

I have really enjoyed using Podium and feel that it has been well worth the investment. We have looked at other forms of software that are similar but we continue to feel confident in Podium because of the variety of services that they offer. It has been awesome that our young tech savvy employees are comfortable with this software but that it is easy enough for our older employees to use as well. I am sure that we will continue to use podium for years to come!

Pros

I love that all of our messaging either from different social media sites or from our own website comes to one location! It is really nice that all of our employees have access to this site and because of that, we are able to reply very quickly to messages that come in. I also like that our reviews show up here and we are able to respond to them through the Podium platform rather than needing to go to Google, Facebook, Yelp etc. to find the reviews.

Cons

I wish that somehow we were able to consolidate the review notifications so that if we invite someone to review us on google and they write a review, we don't get two separate messages/notifications about it.

Meta for Business and Weave

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Podium encompasses the messaging aspect of our website, inquiries from Facebook, text messages to our company phone number and reviews from multiple websites. There was no other software that offered an encompassing package like Podium for the price that we are paying.
brandon
brandon
  • Industry: Insurance

I wouldn't use Podium if it was FREE

Reviewed on 2024/04/02

Pros

I was lied to during onboarding and never told about the 1 yr contract until I read it for myself during the signing. They are not transparent and their customer service is the worst I've EVER experienced.

Cons

They have a huge lack of transparancy. They are willing to lie to you to onboard and try to keep your business. They will make HUGE mistakes like porting away your personal number with NO accountability or concerns for your business. Wasted countless hours during set up and after trying use their platform all while being charged for services not used.

Shannon

Great product but expensive

Reviewed on 2022/11/03

We used Podium for two years but found a less expensive alternative.

We used Podium for two years but found a less expensive alternative.

Pros

Customers were able to leave a detailed review. Potential customers always do their research so real people's opinions matter.

Cons

Very expensive. We loved the product but not the price.

Broadly

Reasons for Choosing Podium

Podium was very expensive

Broadly

Reasons for Switching to Podium

We cancelled to additional fees and rising prices.
Troy
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Very good at what it does

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Overall I'm very pleased with Podium. Despite the few shortcomings it alowed us to acheive our goals in a relatively short time frame and within budget.

Pros

The ability to send Google review requests directly to customers via SMS was amazing. It was exactly what we needed to get our review score up to, and past, our target score within the space of only a few months. The interface is incredibly user friendly and managing teams is about as simple as it gets.

Cons

I found that a lot of the time it wouldn't correctly tag who within our team was resposible for receiving reviews. There's also no ability to customise reports.
It owuld be great if there could also be more integrations with additional review platforms, as we were stuck with only being able to provide the option for Google reviews as we don't accept Facebook Reviews. This caused us to miss a few reviews as customers didn't have Google accounts.

Broadly, Birdeye and Trustpilot

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Price and features best matched our needs and staff were incredibly helpful.
Callie

Essential to business amid COVID-19

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

We were looking at switching to another product simply due to the expense of Podium. After reaching out Podium had no trouble dropping our price about 33%- why not just give us a more competitive price from the get go?

Pros

I love how easy it is to answer quick questions that cut down on phone calls to the office. I also can't overstate how helpful the review request templates are for quick texting!

Cons

The mobile app is very flawed. Messages are missed or just not seen, even when I know what I'm looking for. Podium is absolutely a desktop experience from the management side.

Swell

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Swell was cheaper and had some very attractive options. Honestly, the only reson we didn't switch is because changing products amid a pandemic was something we didn't think would be wise to inflict on our team.
JOSH
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to navigate through the different pages and separate my message boards from my coworkers. The program is fast and efficient and I have not experienced any issues.

Cons

On a rare occasion, customers have reported that they were unable to open links sent through podium. It is my belief that this was likely user error on their end as I have not experienced this issue.

Isabella
Isabella

A more complete view of your customers' opinions about your services.

Reviewed on 2020/11/07

We use this software to manage all the interactions that we carry out with each of the clients that we have at our disposal, both the powerful ones, with more daily purchases of the products we make, and the most loyal ones that in the same way carry out and request operations , of the services we offer, mentioning that this system allows us to track the comments that are made, on multiple different platforms, giving immediate notifications, to respond to the reviews directly, in a very fast way, and to offer a warm and surprising service.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that it allows to carry out all its functionalities from a single panel, which is one of the qualities that I like the most because we can carry out the work within this platform in an extremely easy, without adverse or disastrous complications, mentioning that it allows you to automatically track the reviews of the products you make, or the services offered by an organization, in order to respond very quickly, on the comments made by each of the registered users to the business platforms maintained by each of these establishments.

Cons

One of the most notable difficulties about this software is its price, mentioning that it is very broad and expensive when we address economic issues, this can be a significant problem, because most organizations, called small , they can't afford to pay these high monetary costs, not to mention that they should integrate better combined reports for the multiple customer locations they interact with frequently.

Rowena
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Overall Contentment of Podium

Reviewed on 2023/05/31

Pros

+   Customers appreciate the payment features since they are simple to use.+ The Facebook integration makes it simple to turn messages into leads.+ It is simple to utilize for the entire crew here.

Cons

- From an admin perspective, the mobile app is less enlightening than the browser version.- Monitoring conversations is frequently difficult because inboxes and where things end up are frequently confused.- Podium would be a one-stop shop if it offered document signature alternatives and surveying features.

Lisa
Lisa

Podium is a fool-proof way to monitor online reviews

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

We've used Podium to quickly raise our client's Google review rating in just a short period- in less than 3 months, we've increased 1.2 stars and because responding to reviews is so easy, we've developed deeper relationships with reviewers with our responses.

Pros

Probably the best thing about Podium are the SMS text feature that sends an easy to use FB or Google review link directly to a potential reviewer. The link eliminates any guesswork of confusion about how to leave a review which, for the clients we're using it for, would definitely hinder their customers from providing review. Additionally, the email notifications that inform any time a review is left is hugely beneficial because reviews never fall of your radar and because it's so so easy to respond directly to reviews within the Podium platform, it's simple and quick to just pop into the review and respond to it as soon as you're notified! Another thing I love is that Podium is constantly adding features and functionality, like the ability to now respond directly to FB reviews from the platform in addition to Google reviews.

Cons

It can be a little glitchy- for instance, for the past two weeks the Reply button within each Google review wasn't working so I had to reply to reviews directly from google.com/business. I will say however that the live chat customer service option is awesome and both times I've used it, my problems were immediately resolved and the support team was super helpful

Van
  • Industry: Automotive

Podium has been a game changer

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Podium has been great both for communicating with customers and for generating more reviews. I would highly recommend!

Pros

I love the texting capabilities with podium. When a customer signs up for an appointment with my booking software (Acuity) they get a text from a real phone number that they can respond to. Other services send a text from a number that does not accept responses. This has by far been the best feature with podium for my business.

Cons

Getting the initial integration setup was a bit more complicated than I would expect, but once the integration was setup it has been smooth sailing.

Swell and Birdeye

Reasons for Switching to Podium

Podium seemed to have a lot stronger CSM team to help me get things rolling.
Jennifer
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy To use in a busy world!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Pros

Ease of use. I am a busy person with MANY hats and this product is easy to use and helps me rather than adding another task to do

Cons

Integration into our CRM would be a big help

Amanda

Podium is an absolute small business must have!!

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Our company's customer service has far exceeded expectations since implementing Podium. It has helped give our customers a way to reach us literally 24/7. It has helped get our company reviews up 1000%. It has also helped communications between our employees.

Pros

Podium is AWESOME!! We use it daily to text with our customers who love to communicate via text messages. With every employee having it up throughout the day any one of us can quickly respond to our customers texts and if it's after hours you can set an automatic reply text message that says we are not open at this time so they know someone will get back with them ASAP. It makes it so much easier texting on the PC than on your phone and it uses your company's phone number so you can just tell your customers to call OR text our number. For those who do prefer using their phone to text, Podium has an app that is absolutely awesome too! You will get push notifications on your phone whenever a customer texts or notifications for anything else in the app. You can send customer links and photos easily with Podium. Another great tool is you can direct message or have group chats with your coworkers in Podium. Podium has helped us tremendously with our company reviews too!! Allowing us to set up templates that text our customers once their project is completed asking them to rate us on a scale of 1-10 and texting them links to where they can leave a review online if they wish too. I know Podium also has a function where you can send an invoice amount text to your customers and have them pay via that link but we have not used this feature yet. Podium is awesome and has definitely made operations A LOT easier for our company.

Cons

There isn't really anything we don't like about Podium!

jerry
  • Industry: Automotive

Great until you want to cancel it!

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

The experience was good but so far overshadowed by their lack of letting us cancel with proper notice that the entire experience is lost. Like an amazing meal with a crap server. All you remember was the final service and it is horrible.

Pros

Mostly worked well and had pretty good interface with website for chat as well

Cons

Tried to cancel this and was not allowed. Went through all kinds of hoops including a mandatory "screen share" by our account rep trying to keep us which made it worse. You CANNOT call or write in and cancel ever! They have their methods and basically won't let you out of a contract. We canceled ours finally after the screen share, the hard close from two different people to keep paying and then still got billed since they had our credit card. I would never recommend such a company. I have NEVER heard of someone NOT taking written notice well in advance to close a monthly contract. We did finally get it resolved to only pay an additional 9 days past when we asked for it to be closed, but its 9 days of our money.

One of the poorest experiences i have had in 32 years of the retail business trying to cancel something. Mandatory screen share and hard sell to stay - Simply unbelievable

Robert
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Anti Gun Business

Reviewed on 2023/09/27

Never gives you the same rep, they constantly change people you talk to, customer service never follows up on anything, and they change their policies even though you have been paying for their services.

Pros

The program worked great and did it's job as advertised

Cons

This company is anti-gun. They suddenly changed this policy after 2 years of use and now we have to find another company to offer these service. They gave us 1 week to get off their platform with no notice of the change in their policy, or retro active support since we have been using their product for years.Would not recommend a company that will just kick you off with the level of integration this company has with your systems.

Kaity

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Without Podium it was difficult for us to get reviews and maintain a high rating. Since we starting using the platform we're up nearly a thousand reviews. The Facebook messaging integration has been great too since we don't need to give everyone access to our Facebook page.

Pros

The software is so easy to use that we have just about everyone in our dealership using it. A quick walkthrough was all our least tech savvy people needed to be able to use it. Since starting with Podium our overall Google rating has jumped up to 4.7 and we have nearly 1500 reviews.

Cons

Occasionally the tagging feature is a little wonky. For example one of our employees has the same first name as the company so he is tagged in every review that mentions the company by name.

Kate

Great platform for easing customer communications

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Great experience with the set up, customer service, and the results we have seen from acquiring more customer reviews.

Pros

This program allows our customers to contact us via text and vice versa, which is increasing the preferred method of communication for our clientele. It allows us to store communications, assign conversations to employees, and ask homeowners for reviews on social media. The review request feature seamlessly links to our preferred review methods, so there is little effort needed on behalf of the homeowners. We have increased the number of reviews on our Google page by 100% since using Podium.

Cons

There is not currently the ability to create private conversations between staff and outside parties, it would be nice to have ways to separate conversations by department, with options to reassign by an administrator.

Kristina

Fantastic Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Our overall experience with Podium has been great. We've used three different review platforms and this one is unique in that we can also chat with our customers via text, which

Pros

I love the ability to customize templates so that we can reach out to and respond to customers in a personalized, however unified voice, no matter who in the office is responding. Requesting reviews is just a click away as well, and customers are able to choose where they would like to leave a review, which our customers truly appreciate.

Cons

I wish the integration with Service Titan allowed more information to be pulled into the reporting of review requests, and the ability to push information back into Service Titan, however if using this as a standalone option is works great.

Paul
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Poor customer service for a company that solicits reviews

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

What kind of company's customer retention plan is "you can cancel the contract, your on the hook for a year" with no attempt what so ever to handle the customers concern...It blows my mind.

Pros

The promise was to promote more google reviews by allowing field technicians to solicit a review in the field.

Cons

When I tried to cancel because we were getting posts from all over the USA well we only service South Jersey became a waste of time. Few posts were from our area.
When I tried to leave they told me I'm locked in for a year...I can't cancel. Did I get a customer service rep call to ask how they could improve the service or our experience with the service, nothing.

Erik
  • Industry: Utilities

Podium - Elite Review Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

We are in one competitive market for reviews and our competition was miles ahead of us with 100+ reviews. We have gained significant ground because of Podium and the automations. They have worked diligently to help optimize our solution and train our staff on best practices.

Pros

As a multi-location business we needed a solution to cover our unique geographical needs and integrate directly with our CRM. Podium was one of the few that could handle those requirements. Their team handled the whole integration for us and now it is fully automated and harvesting reviews at a record pace. Fantastic support and dedicated account rep.

Cons

I wish it would integrate with Yelp, Angies List and a few other platforms.
The cost is a premium.

Barb

A huge asset to have and so easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

We are able to stay in touch and contact our customers much faster and the ability to send pictures of the work needed as well.

Pros

The ability to contact our customer via text message is huge in todays world. They respond quicker than waiting for them to call you back on the phone. The ability to dispatch a call to our technician right from the Podium and they can see all the notes and talk to the customer as well. The ability to get reviews and watch your company grow is wonderful! I absolutely love this program.

Cons

I think it is a little more difficult to use on your cell phone compared to the computer but just takes a little longer to navigate.

Geoffrey

Very Happy Podium User

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Customer support is great. I know there are less expensive similar products out there at present. We have decided not to switch as this product is working well for us.

Pros

24/7 communication with customers. This has been especially important during the pandemic.

Cons

I think it could process faster. I'm sure there is room for improvement in the user experience.

Jay
  • Industry: Automotive

Let Podium Do the Heavy Lifting....

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Before Podium we struggled to get good reviews, not because our guests didn't like us, we just didn't have a way of asking for feedback. We use to get 3 or 4 reviews a month. Now we get 40 +. Having Podium consolidate everything for us makes managing our reputation easy all while getting significant volume, which helps in all aspects of our business.

Pros

We like that Podium is the hub for all online feedback and that we can manage our social reputation in one place.

Cons

It would be nice if Yelp would play nice with others.

Cole

Reputation & Texting in One

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Podium filled an important need for our business while also providing some unexpected benefits.

Pros

Managing a sizable car dealership's online reviews can be a daunting task, but Podium simplifies that process. Manage the reputation and communicate with customers in one simple platform.

Cons

If it were more (easily) segmented by user, that would help. It seems that they are moving in this direction, but as of today, it still needs individual customization.

Taylor

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

BEWARE!!!! This company is awful. I started this position in September of 2019. When I came on, we were utilizing Podium to get reviews. The software itself was fine, but did not produce results. So when I let them know we wanted to cancel our services, they gave me the run around FOR MONTHS! There are very few phone numbers that exist to get in touch with anyone from their company, and the ones you do find will lead you right to a voicemail that is never checked and the calls are never returned. Emails go completely unanswered, and if you get a response, it 9 times out of 10 never addresses your actual question. Stay very very far away from this company. No morals, and very shady at best. THERE IS A REASON THEY HAVE A D- RATING FROM THE BBB!!

Pros

The only pro I have is that it was easy to use.

Cons

Lack of morals and integrity. Non-existent customer service. Shady business practices. Over-simplified platform.