Recipe Costing

Restaurant management & recipe costing

Rick H.
  • Industry: Food Production

We loved using Recipe Costing Software because it did all the heavy lifting figuring out our...

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

We've been able to have our start-up food company grow from within 4 months thanks to Recipe Costing Software. Had we not been able to figure out our profit margins we would've been leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

Pros

There are truly too many elements of this software that I absolutely love. It gives me the ability to cost compare all of the vendors we deal with so that we can get the best value and increase our bottom line as well as ensure the best value for our customers. We can scale our recipes with a touch of a button for larger catering orders and know that we are ALWAYS in profit.

Cons

If I had to list anything that I like the least about this software is that I have not yet delved into ALL of the functionality available to me with reports, to shopping lists etc. But, I know as my business grows, I have an amazing tool to make planning our growth easy and safe.

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Rick, thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear Recipe Costing Software continues to be an asset in your business.

Chris F.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Kansas City Catering

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

Very good.

Pros

I am very impressed with the overall features and value of recipe-costing! I am also extremely impressed with the customer service. The live chat is fantastic and the response time is exceptional!

Cons

No negatives so far. I feel good about the purchase.

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your review and supporting our platform. We continue to improve because of customers like you!

David D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

I always receive the help I need!

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been an invaluable resource for me in helping me understand and better utilize the program. We are able to do so much more because of his help and patience with me and my team! I cannot thank him enough for all the help he has provided!

Cons

There are a couple of features that I'd like to have, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has told me that they are already in the works!

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Hi David,

Thank you for your review. It's customers like you that drive our innovation.

Tamer E.

Overall a great product to plan and review your food cost. Best customer service I've...

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

Simplicity of use, amazing support. They customize and make requested changes promptly and efficiently.

Cons

Reporting features need some work as well as not being fully mobile ready. Would be good to have customization units (which i'm told is being developed)

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Tamer, thank you for the review. We believe providing exceptional support is key to building long lasting relationships with our customers. We are planning to build out an Android and Apple app early next year. The custom units will be ready in November.

Bruce H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Very good application for Costing recipes and Scaling Recipe Production.

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Simplicity of Use.
Production Requirements
Food Costing
Inventory Management.
Great Price/Support

Pros

Costing Recipes.
Scaling Production.
Simplicity of Use.
Customer Support is Great.

i have really enjoyed working with the team and i believe their product fills a need in the market for a hosted service that does Costings/Scaling and Inventory control with a simple user experience - and they are continuously evolving.

Price and open monthly contract is also great.

Cons

Inventory management can feel a bit cumbersome.
Updating inventory is limited to Purchase Order in order to effect calculations - however there are ways to get around this.

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Bruce, thank you for the review. The work around is to adjust the inventory manually. The only problem is on the reporting end. To get an accurate prime cost, we need what was purchased, what was received, actual sales, and labor to give an accurate financial picture. It may seem a bit cumbersome, but it will give you an accurate prime cost going the long way. In any case, I've challenged our development team to find ways to improve inventory management. I look forward to discussing ideas with you.

Paul A.
  • Industry: Food Production

took my recipe scaling from a 2-3 hour process to 10-15 min :)

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

This has literally changed my business from the get go. I use to hand calculate everything. Once I found this software I was able to start focusing more on my business and less on the logistics of food costing and shopping.

Pros

I love how easy it is to configure a shopping list. Have the ability to scale a recipe from 1-1000 if I needed to is simply amazing!! So convenient!

Cons

I would like to see more common ways to break down units into smaller measurements. For example: food industry uses 10 pound cans, I would like to be able to break down those into fluid oz in my recipes.

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Paul, thank you for the review. We're happy to know that our software has made a positive difference for your catering business. I hear you and we will offer a custom unit feature in the next few weeks. This will allow you to define a #10 can and specialty weight/volume units. We are working with culinary universities to offer a free course to our users to help improve the ease of use.

Bibek P.

Reviewed on 2018/09/09

Response from Kitchen Porter Tech

Bibek, thank you for taking the time to review our software.