Mailbutler

Email communication and contact management

Rhiannon N.
  • Industry: Music

Where was this all my life?

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

I like the product but hope more functionality is added. I also really want the option for a lifetime version and hope this can be made available. :)

Pros

This software really helps me to run my small business. My favourite feature is the activity: message opened acknowledgment. I can anticipate when people will reply and am not thrown off when I hear back from someone months later. It is also helpful in dealing with vendors who claim they never received an email, yet I know they read it. It keeps us all honest!

Cons

I wish it was trackable when sending from my iPhone. I have to wait until I am at my laptop to send an important email.
I also wish it was easier to locate the delay countdown once I hit send-- if the little window with the send now/unsend closes, I cannot figure out how to reopen it.
I also want to use more features other than track but find them hard to manage being alone in my organization. A single user version would be ideal.
It's also rather costly. I tried to sign up for the lifetime version but was told it was no longer offered. I keep entering contests and really think it would be ideal that a manager allows me this opportunity. I am too small a business to keep paying these fees every year, especially as I am in Canada and the currency exchange is killer.

Sugith V.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Good signatures make it worthwhile

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Pros

Signature feature allows you to set up very slick signature for your email you can use repeatedly but optionally.

I also like the 9 second unsend option.

Ability to track email receive/read is well implemented though I seldom need it.

Cons

A bug in an upgrade stopped logos from being displayed correctly in signatures. It took several updates to correct.

Earl G.
  • Industry: Photography

Mailbutler Has Become A Major Part of How I Do Business

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

In the 2 years or so that my team has been using this, we've had no real problems with using the product, and when we've had questions they've always been answered in a timely manner. We've recommended the product so many times to others who are seeking software to do this job and inside Facebook groups that we are part of.

Pros

The notifications that I receive when people have opened up a mail and/or clicked a link have become invaluable for my 'Just in time' follow ups.

Cons

It would be great if you could get these same notifications when using the product on a mobile device.

Martino R.
  • Industry: Banking

Mail with steroids

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Pros

If you wanna do business with your email, this is the only solution you need.

The best scheduler, tracking, follow up, add to notes and many other features email plugin for you business.

Cons

Mail tracking is very useful like follow up and other function

Gert M.

Everything that should have come with Apple Mail

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Pros

The functionality is outstanding. It brings all the features that should have been standard in Apple Mail.

Cons

It's a bit on the pricy side and it is subscription ware.

Tano B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very good features

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Pros

One of the most helpfull features is the option to delay the sending of a message.

Another very helpfull features is the option to see if the recipient got the message and received the message, like on Whatsapp.

Very user-friendly and easy to use.

Cons

Unfortunately, not one of the official providers for secured electronic communication in Switzerland [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], which it could become if it applied. If it was that, almost all swiss lawyers would use Mailbutler, because the only two registered providers have apps that are really not user-friendly.

Edward G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy install with seamless integration to EverNote

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Great, does just what I expected it to do. Would recommend if you are an EverNote user.

Pros

I downloaded this software because of its integration into EverNote. I don't know what I was expecting, but it turned out to be much easier to use than I envisioned. Simply click on the MailButler icon and leave a note or keyword and your email gets automagically saved into EverNote.

Cons

I wish that the trial period was longer, I got busy with other projects and didn't get to fully test the software. But what I saw I liked, easy install, easy to use, and stable (I'm running macOS Big Sur).

Allison S.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

If you have the funds, use it!

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Fantastic!

Pros

I really enjoyed the "send later" feature of the software as well as the feature that shows when an email has been "read" or "opened". I cannot tell you how many hours I was able to save on communications by pre-scheduling emails! I would highly recommend if you can afford it.

Cons

If they could extend the trial or provide a free option with the "send later" function only, I would love that.

Joan N.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great Assistance to basic Mac Mail

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

In conclusion, I am really enjoying this app and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

The ability to review and track the send emails frees up time spent on sending annoying multiple resends and needless chasing of disinterested parties. This is especially important for contact strangers to get information needed for surveys and projects. A time saver!

Cons

The accounting of actions on the free plan meant that I need to spend time to review whether any email should involve tracking, snoozing and countless actions provided by MailButler.

Zhixiang T.

Great software with good core features

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Pros

I use it primarily for tracking read receipts and opened links, and it does the job pretty well. I also especially love the ability to retract an email for a few seconds upon clicking Send.

Cons

I think MailButler could use a better online platform and Mac/iOS applications, particularly iOS. The iOS application is, in my opinion, almost un-useable, given that it has almost no integrations with Apple Mail that I use as my main email software.

Jeffrey H.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product but not a good match with Mac

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Great idea, great features, but compatibility with Mac is poor.

Pros

The features Mailbutler offers are simple yet brilliant, makes you wonder why regular mailing programs do not all have these as part of their standard package. In a way I think that will be Mailbutlers' problem at some point, that all their popular features are copied and offered for free by the giants as well.

Cons

After nearly a year I decided to uninstall Mailbutler. I loved the functionality but it caused my apple mail to crash all the time, on both my Mac computers. I felt heartbroken, but it was getting really annoying having to restart mail all the time.

Igor P.

Mac Mail Integration with MailButler My experience.

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Easy to use, with powerful features.

Pros

The ability to use Mac Mail and be able to create task and integrate with other software like Asana. I use Mac Mail heavily and rely on the features to manage multiple email account at the same Time. Very few plugins do a good job integrating with Mac Mail. The ability to Track Emails and share information with team member without leaving the Mail app is absolutely Fantastic. I work at night so the ability to send mail in the morning so it does not look like I am up at 3am is great. It also insures that my client gets the email at he time I like.

Cons

No Cons, Its does what it was intended to do.. I use it in conjunction with other CRM solutions to complete my workflow and make my workflow simpler.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

I can't live without MailButler!

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

I have tried most of the third-party email clients for Apple, both app-based and Web-based. While you can get a lot of third-party add-ons for Gmail, for example, they are created in a vacuum where no add-on necessarily knows about any other add-on. Interfaces are mixed, some add-ons interfere with others, there is no logical product roadmap, and problems are rife. Mailbutler is powerful, well-integrated, logical and all its features just work.

Pros

Pause before sending, alert when attachment is missing, menubar pulldown of emails summary, smooth seamless integration with Apple Mail, regular new features rolling out, open-minded development team that listens to user suggestions, lightning fast and competent customer support and so much more...

Cons

I don't think features are missing so much as I might be missing features, by which I mean I'm not sure I'm exploiting all of MailButler's power. And...that's part of what I love — finding new ways to be even more productive!

Lamar K.

MailButler is indispensable to me. Can't live without it.

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Besides using the template feature, the two other standout features are email tracking to see who has opened your email (and when they first opened it) and scheduling of emails to be sent later. These three features alone make this product well worth the money. I would also say that customer service is great. They are responsive and helpful.

Pros

The integration with Apple Mail (desktop) has been flawless for me. The best feature, among many, is the ability to make an email template to send the same email to many different people without using a mass email client.

Cons

Email tracking is not foolproof. Just because a sent email does not show that it has been opened and read doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been. But that is a very minor issue.

David O.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Mailbutler - Make Mail Great Again

Reviewed on 2021/01/09

Pros

I love Mailbutler. The abilities it has via it's service interface to cleanly and quietly track if people have read your emails, setting reminders on emails, and expansive customer relationship management features make mailbutler indispensable as a plugin for Apple Mail. Apple Mail overall is a great mail client.. you'll be hard pressed to find something that works as well within the macOS ecosphere. Mailbutler makes your email productive again.

Cons

Previously there was an 'allowance' of Business-level features (tracking when emails were opened, how often, what devices, etc). And that feature was removed. It's a shame, because there are use-cases where you might only use that feature 5-10 times a month. Having to upgrade to the Business product for a feature you might only use half-a-dozen times seems excessive.

Ben B.

Mail Powered Up

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

MailButler provides some enhanced productivity options, and the only way to add some of these powerful productivity features into the native Mac email client.

Pros

The integration with the Mac Mail client is my favourite feature of this software. Whilst the Mac mail client may not be the best or cleverest email application available, it works well within an Apple environment and when combined with Mailbutler really gets powered up.
There's lots of options and preferences to choose from, and some great productivity features included. One of my favourite bits is the options to turn on or off each feature from the UI. I much prefer a clean UI and Mail butler gives the features and flexibility to use them how I want.

Cons

In the most recent version of the software a feature no longer works on my device. The ability to snooze certain inboxes during certain hours. For example the ability to snooze work email alerts between certain hours. If this functionality was resolved I don't think I could think of a single problem.

Roy M.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Mailbutler is Golden

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Easy to install and configure. It is very intuitive to use.

Pros

- Really like the e-mail tracking with regards to when e-mails are opened and links are clicked
- Scheduling e-mail is also really important as it allows me to communicate more effectively during the work day without overloading the recipient(s) with e-mails outside of regular business hours
-Mailbutler has enabled me to know when recipients have opened emails thus allowing me to follow up at a later time

Cons

- Not sure if a different package would allow me to identify which recipient has opened the e-mail when sending to multiple recipients

Marco B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Add the missing features to macOS Mail

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

I started using the free features of Mailbutler to get more organized, associating mails to reminders and todo activities, they were so good I started to use the paid version.
It is very well integrated with macOS mail app.

Pros

The features I use the most are those that let to associate reminders, todos and notes to emails, but also the possibility to schedule outgoing emails and tracking the read status are fundamentals.
Mailbutler can be integrated with many other tools, I use the Todoist and GMail integrations to better associate emails to actions and track projects.

Cons

I'd like an integration of the notes with macOS notes app, but I suspect that macOS doesn't allow it. notes can be integrated with other services, though.

Jeff C.

Mailbutler lets me know if/when someone opens an email. Gives me time to 'undo' before sending.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

I love the ability to track important emails. Ever wonder if someone opened you email? Mailbutler let you know when someone opens the email, which is great, no more guessing when to follow up. I also like big able to choose the amount of time before an email gets sent. How many time have you hot send, notice a typo, then want to take it back? I set mine for 5 seconds after I hit send, that gives me one more chance to stop the email from being sent. Invaluable.

Cons

The cost per month is a bit steep for this user. They do have a very limited "free" version that gives you a handful of the main features per month. Great to "test drive" the program, its more of a tease than anything else.

Brad C.

Generally very good, but problems with Mac Big Sur

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Great until the Mac Big Sur update. Then the tracking checkmarks stopped appearing in my preview window. Customer service told me that they have been trying to fix this for a month, and want me to be patient... .

Pros

I love the tracking that tells me if someone opened my mail and/or if they clicked a link in my mail.

Cons

The price. It's very expensive on a yearly basis, and if they're not careful Apple will eventually just provide the same functions for free!

Barry G.

Mail Butler Makes My life Easier

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

It makes my email life much easier and I am still able to use Apple Mail

Pros

Getting notified when mail is opened and by whom. Using mail templates. Makes Apple Mail much more functional.

Cons

I run out of some features on a professional and should upgrade.

Schedule Your Email

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

It's good - works like it says it will - but it wasn't sanctioned, so had to get rid of it.

Pros

I loved this because I work a different shift than the rest of my colleagues, so I was able to write messages while I thought of them, but pace them a bit for delivery.

Cons

I had to remove it because IT asked me to. It was IMPOSSIBLE to uninstall. Took a long time for me to figure it out!

Charlie L.

Great tool for Mail

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Pros

it adds many features to Mail, like Undo send, Unsubscribe, Send it later, Mail templates, Attachment reminder, etc...

Cons

Previously you could use the basic version with a limited number of features, which was perfect for occasional use. This is no longer possible with the new formula.

Greg D.

Use it every day....

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

Pros

Love that it's automatic and very easy to use.

Cons

I wish the full-featured version was less expensive.