4,8
4,5
4,7
Tom D.
Industry: Management Consulting

Solid performer, great customer support

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

We have now used PerformYard for one full employee review cycle for the whole firm. From an administrative point of view, there were just a few minor hiccups, and to call them "hiccups" is a bit unfair. The tool worked just fine, but we had some straightforward learning curve issues. Our process first solicited names for a 360 review, then got feedback from those identified, a self-evaluation, and then a final summary evaluation by the manager.

I had to field far fewer user questions than I expected. I'll give some credit to our clever workforce, but it also tells me that the PerformYard tool is, by and large, intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

A few things stand out as positives for us. First, it was really easy to get things running. It was really just a matter of a few hours of invested time to be in a position to start testing our first review cycle. The biggest effort was transforming our crude employee data into a uniform spreadsheet so we could upload it. That took some manual work.

It's easy to design and implement a review form. We have found that the building blocks offered by PerformYard have met our needs just fine.

As noted elsewhere, it's easy to dump out ALL of the data associated with a review. This was unexpected, but we use it all the time. A big win in our book.

We have also enjoyed fantastic customer support. Online materials are generally solid, and staff is readily available when we bump into something we can't figure out on our own.

Cons

A few things have been a bit harder than expected. One that stands out is setting up a 360 evaluation, which was more manual than it seems would be necessary. Room for improvement for PerformYard (or maybe we missed something).

I've also heard a little grumbling about losing edits in various ways. I think this is perhaps just the peril of using a web-based tool. You have to get used to navigating deliberately -- and, of course, regularly saving your work. The tool won't necessarily remind you to do so.

We are an analytics consulting firm, so we dump out the review cycle data (which is totally comprehensive; no complaints there!), and then we generate our own reports to track status, compare performance, and generally sift and sort the data. We just played a little with PerformYard's built-in reporting capabilities, but we quickly concluded that we would want more.

These are, though, minor complaints. The tool has comfortably met our expectations.

Lorna C.
Industry: Warehousing

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Our primary goals when we selected PerformYard (with staff's input as well as management's) were to have a flexible platform to assess everyone's performance in terms of job expectations, competencies and SMART goals as well as to provide staff with the ability to provide feedback or updates to their goals or performance as often as they wished. Both goals are being achieved.

Pros

From Day 1 we were impressed with the personalized and prompt support. Our Customer Success Manager was knowledgeable, able to show us how to utilize PerformYard to meet our unique needs, and very responsive when deadlines loomed.

Cons

Light colored and small lettering on a white background makes reading challenging for users. Some icons or where they're placed are not intuitive.

Jaymie D.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

PerformYard Goes Above & Beyond

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/01/02

PerformYard has exceeded our expectations and the entire team has been an outstanding partner to us. We were able to implement an automated performance review process (goal setting, reviews, and feedback tools) in a short period of time. We were also able to make tech changes (PY team made changes to the software code on short-order) when we found ourselves in a pinch due to our own unique rating and % feeds mid-review cycle. No insignificant task on their end, but they made it seem that way given its importance to us.

Pros

The team and their customer service & support - all around one of the best (i.e. our Acct Director, tech team, owner - everyone we've had the pleasure to work with at PerformYard has been responsive and swift to help us solve any challenges, implementation, ongoing support).
Customization - able to input, modify, and leverage the platform to suit our needs.
Automates the single biggest administrative burden for the Company.
Personalized attention - from setting up the Agreement between our two companies, the live trainings provided by our Acct Director, the knowledge sharing and guidance the team provides, the swift issue resolution they consistently deliver upon.
Integration with our HRIS platform as promised and on-schedule.

Cons

That PerformYard is for performance management only. We knew this going into it, however, we'd love to be able to leverage this team's expertise and automated solution(s) for the entire talent management cycle (development, management, succession, compensation).

Jackie E.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great customer service and site is easy to use and navigate!

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Ease of use and navigate, ability for employees to work on review from anywhere, flexibility to customize to the way the company operates with reviews, fantastic and quick responding customer service

Pros

The site is easy to use as an admin and user friendly for the employees. The customer service was very quick to respond and help when needed. We also enjoyed having multiple levels of approvers and ways to assign reviews to specific groups of employees. I, also, enjoyed running reports to see where everyone stood in the review process.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is a separate website which for our specific situation, was what we were trying to move away from. We ended up moving our reviews to our system that already holds HR, Benefits, Payroll, and Annual Reporting data. For our company, it made sense to keep the reviews in the same system the employees are already going into.

Piper Q.
Industry: Biotechnology

System Worth Having!

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

It has been a very good partnership so far.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the system. We rolled this system out in an effort to get off of a paper-based system and it has been exactly what we needed.
Using the system has been easy for our employees and has been easily integrated into our weekly 1:1 meetings.
Setting up a review has been fast and efficient. We have had a great account rep!!

Cons

My only downside is that we do not currently have an HRIS that links directly with PerformYard. So as a result I have to upload new data manually. This is not a huge issue it is just not as convenient as a real-time feed would be.

Industry: Public Relations & Communications

We Love PerformYard!

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

PerformYard has really streamlined our performance review process and made our lives easier, from both an admin standpoint and employee standpoint. We have received great feedback from our organization and have had a great experience so far!

Pros

User friendly
Intuitive
Amazing customer service
Lots of training and resources available
Many different cool features and functionalities

Cons

I wouldn't say I dislike anything. The only thing I would say here is I wish admins had the ability to edit a few more things - ex. the content in the notifications that PerformYard sends, along with the final look of the reviews.

Candice O.
Industry: Construction

Great Performance Management Software Platform

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

This is the first time our organization has used an online platform for goals, feedback, and performance reviews. I am pleased that we will now have a way to track employee career development and keep continued conversations going about goals.

Pros

Easy to set up with a dedicate Customer Success Manager guiding you along the way. It integrated with ADP so employee data synced with the system. The online support website is great for additional learning information as well.

Cons

I would like to see a little more flexibility with being able to make changes and those changes update across reviews already set up. I would also like to see a way to send out notifications or emails from PerformYard in regards to sending out a message to employees to set goals vs. setting up a goal setting review form. Now that we have rolled out, I notice that not all employees are using the review form and instead are creating goals separately which is okay but I prefer the review form analytics to see who has completed goals vs. looking at the company review tab to see who all has completed goals.

Trey D.
Industry: Construction

Simple to use with a lot of features

Reviewed on 2018/04/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Would recommend to others

Pros

-Ease of use. Many of our employees who hate technology acknowledged how easy it was
-Email notifications when needed
-Many features such as reviews, surveys, customer feedback, and goals

Cons

Have been using for about a month and so far have no complaints. The only (minor) issue we encountered was that some employees were completing their evaluation, submitting it, were under the impression it submit, but it never went through to their manager. We were not able to determine if it was user error, or an error with the program itself.

Jacob C.
Industry: Internet

Pretty good for a medium-sized business

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Headache-free, easy to use, and provides plenty of insight for our management. Excellent tool for the arsenal!

Pros

An efficient way to organize and customize the review process within our business. Our old system was rather primitive, and this software has brought us into the present. Saves us time as well, and any time saved on non-work is good for business.

It's very easy to use, headache-free.

The reports are great. We used to use printed forms and had no real way to compare employees against each other. This saves paper too, and can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

It's a seperate website from payroll/benefits/etc. If there was a way to integrate w/ other software platforms that would be nice to have.

Carla M.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

Amazing Product and Service

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

This software saved us so much time. The layout and ease of use will make performance assessments going forward easier and smoother. Leadership won't have to look for information to write about because instead of waiting to use it at the end of the performance season, it can be built in real time.

Pros

The ease of use and navigation for both myself and my team. The software made one of the most complained about processes (Performance Appraisals) a whole lot less tedious for our teams. Everything is laid out for you on your homepage. Absolutely perfect.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints. Except, why didn't I have this sooner!!

Christi S.

Everybody hated our performance review process!

Reviewed on 2017/02/23

We implemented PerformYard not quite a year ago in an effort to reduce the efforts and stress associated with our old review process. This tool makes it a lot easier to track where employees are in terms of meeting their goals and objectives and also provides the flexibility to add new goals as things arise during the course of the year. It has made conversations between managers and employees more open and frequent and creates a "living" document to which to refer. From a management standpoint, it's very easy to track where employees are and where everyone is during review cycles.

Aidan B.
Industry: Banking

ARB Review

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/12/09

So far so good to be honest, its fairly straightforward and is ease to follow, update and tweak on an ongoing basis

Pros

Ease for my own (user profile) and intuitive features.

Cons

The layout of the user profile could be more compact and require less clicks to carry out a fucntion.

Ernesto L.
Industry: Defense & Space

PerformYard Talent Platform

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Perform is used to manage the entire company's performance and evaluation and is a huge improvement from our previous system.

Pros

This is an amazing program, it is easy to integrate with your IT system, they provide training on how to use the software. Of all my years in performing employee evaluations - this is the best! Easy to use and it encourages the employee to want to log in and update daily/weekly accomplishments. The software is also cost effective and there's a budget for all sizes of companies.

Cons

If they had an after hour customer support team.

Iesha B.

Very pleased with PerformYard

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

I am excited about using PerformYard for our upcoming 2016 Performance Appraisal cycle. I like the overall capabilities of this product. Jon Malpass was totally awesome to work with. He was very patient and thorough. I definitely look forward to working with him again:)

Response from PerformYard

Iesha, we have enjoyed working with you and others at DB Consulting Group and appreciate the glowing feedback about Jon! We look forward to the success of DB's upcoming Performance Appraisal.

Felicia B.

Great 1st experience

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

My overall experience has been a good one.

Pros

Great way to track goals and for my manager to see if I am meeting them or struggling with meeting them.

Cons

No cons as this was my first time viewing the site.

Sammi P.
Industry: Oil & Energy
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

AWESOME TOOL

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Pros

1. Ease of use
2. Collaboration
3. Accountability

Cons

No cons. No software is perfect so I look forward to improvements on capabilities and view.

Jillian R.
Industry: Real Estate

Good System

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/18

Pros

Easy to use and straight forward. Gets the job done.

Cons

Does not seem like I was give much of an opportunity to explain my unique skill set- because it is so simple.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tavian H.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

PerformYard Full Review

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/11/12

I would say the experience overall is satisfying and functional enough to meet expectations.

Pros

I personally think the profile setup and tools are easy to work with and simple enough for people to understand.

Cons

I am not too fond of the lack of descriptions that tell a user what a category or feature does. You have to find out for yourself which is okay but a little inconvenient.

Errin J.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great results great feedback

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/08

Loved it thankful for it

Pros

Having my performance review not be so lengthy and so much of me talking it keep it short simple and to the point.

Cons

Nothing least just did it thankful that i was able to do it

Vanessa J.
Industry: Accounting

Exceptional Product!

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Pros

PerformYard has streamlined our quarterly review process and has made feedback and goal setting so much easier! PerformYard syncs with ADP so no need to manually enter in new hires!

Cons

While I don't see many cons, some managers have complained that the reporting function isn't as intutiive as the rest of the system.

Rocky P.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Tool to Connect with Business and Professional Development

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/06

I've been using PerformanceYard for about two years now and it is so much easier that the previous software our company used. Makes employee reviews a breeze.

Pros

Simple user interface. Concise organization of reviews for employees and management alike.

Cons

Perhaps have additional ways to compare past years performance and Overall statistical reporting for department groups.

Could not be without it!

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in. It makes it simple to administer goals, OKRs and performance reviews. We recently completed our first full review cycle and during the debrief all the constructive feedback from our team was about our internal process - not a bad word to be said about the software at all!

Pros

The additional service and training was great! What I really appreciate are the review features. This supports quick check-ins to a comprehensive CEO 360 Feedback processes that even our board members participated in.

Cons

There are some features that would be useful. Like making all reviews 'visible' at a certain time, as opposed to right away or manually changing their visibility. The reporting is great, but you cannot realise the benefit until you have a reasonable amount of data in the system over a period of time. There are also some features that the platform doesn't have - but it is a single use platform, fantastic for reviews and goals.

Sarah W.

Perform Yard Review

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

I am a relatively new user and my experience thus far has been good. The product is pretty intuitive and easy to use. Additionally, my customer service experience has been amazing. Our Account Executive is Lauren Staley and she has been so attentive and patient in helping me navigate PerformYard.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting functionalities, the amount of info you can store about employees, org charts.

Cons

The reporting functionalities could be improved - it is hard to create custom reports that are easy to pull/read, it is hard to assign some of the review forms (for example, we do upward and peer feedback, in order to do assign these we have to manually assign them 1 by 1).

Response from PerformYard

Thank you, Sarah! You are quickly learning PerformYard and we certainly have enjoyed working with you and 4C Insights over the past year. In regard to your comment about assigning review forms, the employee and manager review forms are automatically assigned with the use of our template and cycle features. For certain peer and upward feedback forms there is unfortunately not a way at this time for the platform to predict the assigning process. We appreciate your feedback and we are always improving the software based on customer needs. We look forward to continuing to support 4C Insights HR and Performance Appraisal processes.

Daniel K.
Industry: Fund-Raising

The initial setup was easy. They provided personal training and were always available for questions.

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

easily administer our performance review process online. All I do is set it up and the system takes care of the rest - providing email prompts to user to fill out or review forms. It's easy to use and saves us time.

Pros

flexibility. I can use some or all of the features. The value for the money is very high. Cost per person is low, and the feature set is large.

Cons

The jargon can take some getting used to; forms, templates and reviews took some getting used to, but the help library is great.

James C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Pros

Great customer support. The people are great, helpful and encouraging. They make getting the product up and running very easy.

Cons

No cons to the product. If anything our company could use more training in uses more of its features.