GanttPRO

4,8 (266)
Online Gantt chart software for project management

Grzegorz T.

Very good software

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Looking for effective project management tools, I can recommend with a clear conscience, GantPro as one of the most interesting solutions - online work (including multi-platform nature), document sharing, quick and reliable support. For me it is definitely one of the basic work tools now.

Pros

Comfortable and in most cases intuitive software. On the plus side, you should include the option of shared work. Well supports the management of many projects at the same time. In addition, the developers provide effective and quick technical support in the form of a chat, which allows you to get the answer to the question associated with the program without leaving the job.

Cons

Unfortunately, like all software running in the browser, there are also sporadic problems with the performance or the refresh rate of charts, especially for more complex projects. Fortunately, each project will have its own history, so in case of problems (or too fast clicking, before the program calculates e.g. dates in several dozen related tasks), you can go back to a specific point in the history and edit project again.

Response from GanttPRO

Grzegorz, thank you for choosing us. Indeed, GanttPRO has a great history of changes, so you can return to any point in the project, cancel or edit it.

Francesca E.

Its SUPER slow to load. the design is terrible, almost unusable, started to transition away...

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Pros

the gantt chart is useful.

Cons

its SUPER slow to load, there is no way to easily mark things as done. It doesnt support more than 10 tasks without taking at least 20 seconds to load anything, just clicking on a new tasks takes on average 20 seconds to load, unusable. I regret investing in this product

Response from XB Software

Dear Francesca. We deeply regret that you encountered problems with GanttPRO. However, thank you for pointing out to the problems with performance. They do really occur. We will do our best to fix them in the nearest future. And we would like to offer you again to join us in a few weeks and enjoy smooth project management with GanttPRO. Have a nice day!

Rony N.

Great WBS planning tool with resource management

Reviewed on 2021/11/06

I've been using GanttPro for a few weeks now and I can say it's one of the best project planning tools I've seen.
GanttPro was by far the best balance between the number of features and ease of use I found.

I do the International Executive MBA at SSBM (Swiss School of Business & Management) and validated that this software efficiently meets the requirements of the best management practices of WBS - Work Breakdown Structure in the project planning discipline.

GanttPro is an excellent choice for small and medium complexity projects, delivering the essential resources for Work Breakdown Structure plan and tracking. Include resources management with costs allocation, and a kanban board to make simple the tasks update. It is a creative and easy-to-understand tool.

Pros

User-friendly interface
Smallest learning curve (it's possible to fully use all resources with just some small interactions)
Great online tool compatible with Mac
Resources planning with cost register

Cons

Lack of Risk management, and Issues log.
There isn't a good exportation view to put into follow-up reports (slide format)

Osama S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

The best way to make a Gantt Chart!

Reviewed on 2022/01/04

I had a requirements analysis project that I was working on with my small group of friends and we needed to create a graphical representation of the plan that we had. I was looking for Gantt chart applications for a day or so before I found GanttPro and I was very happy that not only was the application very easy to use for beginners, but it also had a free version that allowed every member of my team (four of us in total) to both view the tasks and work efficiently on our respective tasks, adding changes to the chart as we proceeded. GanttPro is an instrumental tool in creating Gantt charts and I will wholeheartedly recommend it to other customers!

Pros

The product is very easy to use; having not used the product nor any similar product before, I was able to learn how to use the core features/functionality very quickly (within 30-40 minutes). Additionally, the graphical views and color coding the application provides is very useful for any gantt chart.

Cons

There were no missing features that I noticed in using the application but I was only using the application for Gantt charts.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 2021/12/04

Pros

This product is amazing. It allowed me to do my university work with ease. It's definitely the best out there, I've tried others and they just don't compare to this. When using GanttPRO it gave me a template to work with, and it was super easy to make a gantt chart with because of this. If you need to use a gantt chart software, definitely use gantt pro, as you will not regret it.

Cons

None. I didn't find anything bad about gantt pro.

Artem G.

Great Gantt builder. Lightweight MS Project analog.

Reviewed on 2022/01/19

I use GantPro as a Project Manager and as a teacher of Project Management.
As a PM I use GanttPro first of all as a tool for schedule and budget planning. Also, for creating baselines and re-baselines and progress-tracking in accordance with them. There is a very cool feature related to creating public URLs, both dynamic and snapshots, to share the status with stakeholders without adding them. Very clear and convenient work with resources, real and virtual. The possibility to define personal resource calendars along with the whole project calendar makes planning more accurate from the resource workload perspective.
As a teacher, I use GanttPros as an example of software for schedule and budget planning and work with the critical path. Due to easy onboarding and clear interface, this activity takes 3 times less time than the same task with MS Project.

Pros

Convenient UX and nice UI.
Easy user on-boarding.
Integrations.
Product is being constantly improved.
Project templates.

Cons

No integration with Google Calendar at the moment.

Alice dahyeon A.

Very good software

Reviewed on 2021/12/07

Pros

I used GanttPRO for my master thesis and it is really easy to use because other software that I used was difficult to use and GanttPRO is really user-friendly.

Cons

I'm happy with Gantt PRO but it would be nice if I could share my Gantt chart in pdf.

Allan Z.
  • Industry: Publishing

Tested over 15 Gantt/Project Management apps and GanttPro really tops them all!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Sign in and, go! That was my personal experience the minute I started using this app. The application is very intuitive, but I am a technical person, the real test was when I brought the rest of the team and managers to the platform. The team felt comfortable on the application and there was not much training we had to provide. If you are used to excel and to-do list you already know how to use this application.

Pros

Here are my pros, I have been using this software for a couple of months now. The app is quick to learn. You have actual printing formats; say you need to print a project map on tabloid or legal, the application outputs the right size for printing files formats. Drag and drop of tasks feels firm. Subtask numbering is a godsend. Modern look and feel. Ability to add resources like people, materials, etc.! Column view format for tasks. Is all there! GanttPro really replaces Microsoft Projects, and Gantt features on any popular project management app out there like Asana, Trello, and various others.

Cons

Reporting needs some work. I would love to see more reports like, executive status report of project/s, dashboard-like reports for team meetings, birds-eye view, burn-down, burn-up, charts and other metrics for the project/s, and just more reports in general.

Microsoft Project, monday.com, Trello, Wrike, Asana and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

The product felt stable and fully featured.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

I think I tested almost all the products that I found on Google and other sites like Capterra that had a built-in Gantt feature. That was about 15+ over a period of a year. GanttPRO really tops them all thus far.
Alexandr A.

Impressions after migration to GanttPro

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Pros

First of all, I was impressed, that it has intuitive interface and I could start work without additional help. Second, After creation of tasks, I can easy see it on timeline. Before we used Trello, and developers track time inside the card. But here it was a bonus, that I can fill in the cost of hour for every team member and see not only the time, but all cost of task and project at all. I don't need to calculate it manual.

Cons

Sometimes after changing any parameters in the task it didn't save. But it was on start, now I know, how to do it correct.

Trello and Jira

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Wider functionality to manage development and count costs and salaries

Trello

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Jira was for me very complicated, Trello was good, but it don't has calculations of costs, it really saves a lot of time and clear for all Team members

Response from GanttPRO

Alexandr, thank you for the positive review. If you will have any questions, feel free to contact GanttPRO support center.

Louis T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of the easiest and useful online project management tool on the market

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I am able to track timeline creeping using the baseline feature on GanttPRO which I find it extremely useful to update team members and stakeholders to explain the deviations.

Pros

The interface of GanttPRO software is easy to use and intuitive enough even for beginners. It allows you to plan and manage your projects by phases and task level. You can choose to assign task to team members who are working on the same project as long as they have an account with GanttPRO. When things goes wrong and there is a deviation on the project timeline, GanttPRO allows you to track these deviations against your baseline, in this way, you will be able to track the task and update stakeholders about the delays and make a decision if addition resources should be allocated to mitigate time creeping on the project timeline. It is simply easy to use and it works.

Cons

The trial time is too short to be of any use to anyone who is working on a real project. Sometimes it takes a completed project to convince stakeholders to buy in for the software.

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Monday.com doesn't allow Users to track deviations on baseline.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPRO allows Users to track deviations on baseline, which is a mandatory requirement for any Project Managers in my opinion.

Response from GanttPRO

Louis, thank you for choosing GanttPRO! As for the trial extension, we can individually consider your application. Please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Rodrigo A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent tool for the organization of tasks and equipment

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

I have been jumping from tool to tool (as mentioned above) that allows me to organize the tasks of my equipment but when I find this tool that allows me to better manage my work team, I experience a simple management and a great help for organize my tasks and those of my team. It allows me to observe only the GANTT diagram for the presentations to my bosses about the projects, it allows me to export to excel so that my Project Management can register all my schedule and evaluate the times. Finally this tool allowed me to be more agile and organized without being configuring or writing rules for my tasks.

Pros

I have been searching and testing several tools that allow me to organize tasks and resources, among them: Trello, Instagantt, Project Libre... But this system allows you to organize tasks in an intuitive way, without complex configurations, drag and drop tasks, work collaboratively with several people without us being in the same place, a collaborative tool, I can also export my diagram to image and excel, this helps me a lot to make my presentations of projects, also its high parameterization of elements: days holidays, work hours, work days and also allows me to observe how I am giving the workload to my team, allowing me to be equitable when the work is concerned... In short, I just started using this tool and I saw something of all its potential that it has and simply fascinates me, I'm a systems engineer and I usually work with development teams and projects that need to plan icarse. I can really recommend this tool because of its simplicity and its potential.

Cons

Its test time, it seems to me that it is something short to use and know all its potential, and even more so for those who start to see this type of tools. Maybe if you could say is that you have a wiki for each project, although the comments and details of each task and project are useful, you have to review each element to find observations to tasks or knowledge that can contribute to the development of tasks.

Response from GanttPRO

Rodrigo, thank you for such a profound review. As for the trial period, we can consider your application individually. For this or any question you have about using the app, feel free to contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Tristan L.
  • Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

David W.

Ganttpro is easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros

Easy of use
Does not lock up like MS Project 2013
Drag and drop links to tasks
Collaboration with team members
Static links for sharing with the client
MS Project import

Cons

I wish cost loading was a little easier
I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

MS Project 2016 was to costly for the product and the service they provide. We have several levels of computer experience in our company so having a product that is easy to use was essential for our organization.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The easy of operation and the ability to easily transition from MS Project to Ganttpro.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO.

It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] Have a nice day!

Fernando P.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules.
The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

Ganttic and TeamGantt

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.
Kristen A.

GanttPro for the win

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

The main business issue that we solved was the ability to track and manage workload for resources who work across multiple projects. Now it's all in one place and scheduling projects is super easy.

Pros

I like the ability to add dependencies and it automatically moves everything if you switch a date, it saves me the headache of rescheduling a load of subsequent tasks. I also like that you can select how much information that you want to see for each individual project and that it doesn't 'require' you to fill in a bunch of fields and categories that aren't relevant or important to your projects. I must also point out the top-notch customer service. They are quick to respond and always helpful. They have even implemented several enhancements that I requested! I don't know any other company that is quick or willing to do that.

Cons

I don't particularly care for how it calculates workload. I have multiple resources working across multiple projects and in order for the workload to calculate correctly I have to include a 'dummy task' in each project that has the same start and end date, otherwise it doesn't calculate correctly. I don't know if this makes sense, it's difficult to explain, but that was the solution I received from support team.

Josefa C.
  • Industry: Design

GanttPro – The project management tool you'll need

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I would like to have the UI to be more minimal. Or maybe have another feature of customizing the color of the grouped timeline bar. The blue is really distracting now.

Would like to have a back button. Sometimes I accidentally moved something but I couldn't undo it and it's really annoying, especially with the linked items. When you move one. Another would move together. So when you accidentally move something, you don't really know how it looks before and this would easily mess the entire timeline.

Pros

GanttPro has an intuitive interface. With the features it has, you could better allocate your resources and keep track of the project timelines. No more delays.

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Josefa, thank you for using GanttPRO and writing this review. I would like to pay your attention that you can easily change your task color in task settings. Right now, we have 18 different colors. Also, at the top right corner, you will find the History of changes button. This menu allows you to look through your whole project and undo any action made by you or even by your team members. You can go back even to your very first action in GanttPRO and undo it, fast and easy. You can get answers to all of your questions in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

León C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best Project Management Software out there!!

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

I was designing a bioengineering process in order to obtain a desired molecule, and I wanted to improve the timing in my project. I first tried with the usual Excel, but the main problem is that in my process there are unit operations that can take a week and others that can take just an hour, thus, there is a poor visual aid. However, when I first tried with GanttPro, I could solve it in a very intuitive way and within 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid.

Pros

If you want an easy and visually impactful tool to manage your project in terms of task-timing and working volume, GanttPro is the best (and only) solution. I made a professional Gantt diagram in a very intuitive way in just 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid. It was perfect to differentiate between operations that can take long (weeks) and operations that are quite fast (hours). I highly recommend it!

Cons

Despite the fact that it may be a little expensive for students around the world, GanttPro even offers a free plan for us. Therefore I think there is nothing I could complain about.

Response from GanttPRO

Leon, thank you for such an amazing review!

Giuseppe L.

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature.
Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Response from GanttPRO

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Ambre J.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams !
Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Ambre, thanks for using our application. If you'll have any difficulties, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Alp K.

Gannt Pro for Constructions

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Pros

I use GantPRO in two diffrent phases of the projects that I involve. First phase is proposal which makes client compel to think that I am well aware of the project in terms of time, steps and possible clashes. I choose GanttPRO because its way more visual, easy to operate on and simple to understand. Second phase that I use the softwere is during the construction processs. I print out my plan and I also get to update the chart on my computer from any device that I am in reach of. At the end of every project I also like to back and evaluate how accurate I was on the milestones and schedules that I made on GantPRO so that I can reflect my gathering to the future projects.

Cons

It would be very helpfull to get more languages in the software so that every person involved on the project could easly understand

Response from GanttPRO

Thanks for your warm feedback! We are glad that you are satisfied with our application.

Sam V.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great for sorting our business out!

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Benefits really are from organising our multiple projects far more easily and without having such complexities when figuring out workloads for different employees. It has also helped our future planning for when we want to expand the workforce.

Pros

The software was super easy to use and import our gantt charts from excel into. We did some digging around on different PM softwares and this one was superior for ease of use, price, and customer service. I do highly recommend using GanttPro for your business! It really has organised our projects and ensured that we hit our timelines without me pulling my hair out.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about yet, I'm sure there will be something but so far the customer service team has been great at helping sort any queries we had.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPro was an easier implementation into our business.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you for the positive review, Sam. We are very happy that you enjoy using GanttPRO.

Christopher N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

GanttPRO review

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

Overall I like this program. It being online helps too in that you can access it from any computer.

Pros

The ease of use is the key to this software. I built a gantt chart without prior knowledge of this program and it is intuitive. Changing time frames is as easy as a click and a drag. Tasks can be a multitude of colors. Being a designer I like the fact that the resulting gantt chart can be a beautiful document. More customizable features would be great to that effect!

Cons

Copying one task to make another is still as little cumbersome in that it does not automatically place it where you intend. After copying sometimes it places it in weird spot and you need to do a re-shuffle of tasks.

Response from GanttPRO

Hi, Christopher! Nice to hear such a positive feedback. Thanks!

If you have questions or issues to fix, please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

• Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

GanttPro is Amazing

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

Pros

There are a few key features that I was surprised to see in the price range of GanttPro. 1) The ability to link task and having it automatically change with any effect to previous task, 2) Having the ability to do a compare and contrast of the agreed timeline to the reality, 3) The reporting feature for being able to see the time spent on all the projects, and 4) The live timeline web link that can be shared and even displayed on a screen for the company to see.

Cons

The export feature is very limiting but I did love that there was a live web link that can show the progress on and any given project.

Response from GanttPRO

Hi, thank you for the nice feedback!

Joeri B.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

GanttPro is a very effective and handy tool for any project.

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

My project runs more smoothly now that progress is being tracked and planned using GanttPro. It is a lot better than using an Excel sheet as a Gantt chart of planning. GanttPro brings your planning alive and makes it easily adaptable to changes in planning or strategy.

Pros

The software allows for projects to be alive and evolving throughout their lifespan. It is easy to set milestones and tasks and assign them to your team. The Gantt chart brings clarity to the progress of the project and can be changed at any time. It is also very to monitor the progress of your team, the workload of your team and the budget being spent.

Cons

When just starting with the software it can be slightly overwhelming. There are so many options and tools that are very easy to be overwhelmed and quit setting up your project. I'd say the program does not work very intuitively but is well worth the time of getting used to.

Response from GanttPRO

Joeri, thanks for the good feedback!

If you have any questions, please, contact our support team via live chat on the site or email us at [email protected]

Ajamu A.

Just what our organization needed

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget.

The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate.

One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro.

Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from XB Software

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!