GanttPRO

Write a Review!
Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.7/5

Kevin
  • Industry: Automotive

My 14-Days experience with Ganttpro as a student doing his bachelor thesis

Reviewed on 2023/06/16

For my bachelor thesis I was looking for a suitable software to create a Gant diagram/project work plan to better plan and track the progress of my thesis. I came across GanttPRO and tried it out with the 14-day trial version. During this time, I was able to tailor the tool to my needs and adapt it to my thesis. It should also be mentioned that I have unfortunately not yet tested the mobile app at this time and can therefore not give an assessment. In conclusion, I can only recommend everyone to test this tool for themselves!

Pros

- Tool can be used with a team, so tasks can be distributed accurately without losing the overview.- Quickly set task items and milestones based on their level and importance.- Access to the project no matter when and where you are.- Clear user interface that is easy to navigate. Thus, a quick and effortless change of the project work plan is possible as quickly as possible. - For me personally of huge advantage, the setting of deadlines for certain tasks.- A built-in export function to convert the plan to a PDF, for example.

Cons

After only 14 days of testing so far, I cannot currently summarize any points that are negatively relevant for me!

Louis
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of the easiest and useful online project management tool on the market

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I am able to track timeline creeping using the baseline feature on GanttPRO which I find it extremely useful to update team members and stakeholders to explain the deviations.

Pros

The interface of GanttPRO software is easy to use and intuitive enough even for beginners. It allows you to plan and manage your projects by phases and task level. You can choose to assign task to team members who are working on the same project as long as they have an account with GanttPRO. When things goes wrong and there is a deviation on the project timeline, GanttPRO allows you to track these deviations against your baseline, in this way, you will be able to track the task and update stakeholders about the delays and make a decision if addition resources should be allocated to mitigate time creeping on the project timeline. It is simply easy to use and it works.

Cons

The trial time is too short to be of any use to anyone who is working on a real project. Sometimes it takes a completed project to convince stakeholders to buy in for the software.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Monday.com doesn't allow Users to track deviations on baseline.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

GanttPRO allows Users to track deviations on baseline, which is a mandatory requirement for any Project Managers in my opinion.

Response from GanttPRO

Louis, thank you for choosing GanttPRO! As for the trial extension, we can individually consider your application. Please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Chokri
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

GanttPRO a management tool for development.

Reviewed on 2022/02/16

GanttPRO ensures efficient synchronization and good coordination between all the project teams and then we have developed a very good level of communication and we gain time and money.

Pros

the most impressive features I think that real-time interaction and easy workflow notices and comments with attached documents were the most impactful features of GanttPRO software.
GanttPRO solution was very useful even for the training team and was closely interfaced and implemented with our ERP information system and for all our business processes.

Cons

I hope that a template model task can be copied for the main tasks of one project at one click and I don't need to copy the template task for every new task because in our case, all main tasks should follow the same process so they have the same subtasks.

Maria Carolina
Maria Carolina
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Very useful and easy to use

Reviewed on 2024/02/20

Overall, I am highly satisfied with GanttPRO.

Overall, I am highly satisfied with GanttPRO.

Pros

GanttPRO offers a highly intuitive user interface, making project planning a breeze with its seamless Gantt chart functionality. Making changes, adjusting tasks, time, effort, and precedencies during the planning phase is effortless, further enhancing its user-friendly nature. Moreover, its diverse customization options offer a clear overview of project milestones. While I couldn't explore all features during the trial period, I am convinced it's an outstanding tool for process and project management

Cons

Presently, I require the program for academic purposes, which is why I find the trial period insufficient and the pricing slightly steep for this specific use case.

Alexandr

Impressions after migration to GanttPro

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Pros

First of all, I was impressed, that it has intuitive interface and I could start work without additional help. Second, After creation of tasks, I can easy see it on timeline. Before we used Trello, and developers track time inside the card. But here it was a bonus, that I can fill in the cost of hour for every team member and see not only the time, but all cost of task and project at all. I don't need to calculate it manual.

Cons

Sometimes after changing any parameters in the task it didn't save. But it was on start, now I know, how to do it correct.

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

Wider functionality to manage development and count costs and salaries

Trello

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Jira was for me very complicated, Trello was good, but it don't has calculations of costs, it really saves a lot of time and clear for all Team members

Response from GanttPRO

Alexandr, thank you for the positive review. If you will have any questions, feel free to contact GanttPRO support center.

Fernando
  • Industry: Defense & Space

The unique tool that allow you to manage your tasks intraday and suitable to the Agile method!

Reviewed on 2019/12/27

GanttPro can any intraday hour, making it a versatil tool ideal for groups that work under “Agile” rules.
The lifetime line shows the process ongoing and it is suitable different access profile levels for the team members, allowing, include, make the data available for query without mistaken interfering for managerial enterprise levels.

Pros

To select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours it is really useful. This capacity distinguishes GanttPro for the all others in this project manegement tool market. The lifetime line ongoing intraday is excellent to “Agile” way of project management and this the GanttPro strongest point. The different access profile levels for the team members allow to share project progress with managerial enterprise staff. To allow 14 days to free trial is an excellent opportunity to discover how useful GanttPro is. There are official tutorial videos showing how to enhace the GanttPro usage. Besides the online livechat can help you in any case. Furthermore, it is possible to fit your group size at a fair price just consulting the livechat.

Cons

It is hard to “undo” something, like a mistake. Consequently, it is necessary to recover some previous version. Allow the keyboard short pass “crtl+z” could optimize this minor correction. Could generate reports informing stats like: tasks finished/open, tasks links, an integration percentage. Other improve opportunity would be allowed to set the link color to make easy identify the process part when the link line happen in the same time taking the same screen space.

GanttProject , TeamGantt and Ganttic

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

Because GanttPro allow to select team work, time and deadlines in any 24hours, and to create links between the tasks, and to agroup tasks in subgroups.
Tristan
  • Industry: Music

GanttPRO; A Software clearly built by professionals for professionals

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

My overall experience has been hugely positive. The trial has enabled me to organise several different things, from concert programming to a year-long ballet project. It also enables me to provide my clients with clarity on workloads and deadlines so they can keep a track on my progress and watch the compositions develop.

Pros

The software has a highly effective and easy to use UI, which is complimented by a vast array of features that make work life easier. It provides simple and effective tools (such as user-filtered Gantt Charts) that enable effective project management so that everyone can track their porgess on all of the assigned tasks and increase productivity. The software also bends and flexes easily if things go awry, extending deadlines and automatically compensating for the extra added time.
Overall this product is: Easy to use, Effective, Well designed and thought through

Cons

As an individual, the pricing strategy makes it difficult to justify, especially with users such as myself who work with many different teams from different organisations on the same project. Such cross-organisation collaborative work is not so easily catered for, but the features in the Individual liscence do just enough that you can get by.
Overall this product isn't: Easy to use if you work with teams from many different organsiations

David

Ganttpro is easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

So far our team loves using Ganttpro. It has been a very easy transition from MS Project 2013. Schedules have gone a day to create to 3 to 4 hours.

Pros

Easy of use
Does not lock up like MS Project 2013
Drag and drop links to tasks
Collaboration with team members
Static links for sharing with the client
MS Project import

Cons

I wish cost loading was a little easier
I wish saving a duplicate project was allowed instead of having to create a template of the project

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing GanttPRO

MS Project 2016 was to costly for the product and the service they provide. We have several levels of computer experience in our company so having a product that is easy to use was essential for our organization.

Reasons for Switching to GanttPRO

The easy of operation and the ability to easily transition from MS Project to Ganttpro.

Response from GanttPRO

Thank you very much for the review, David. We are glad to see you're enjoying using GanttPRO.

It is important to note that you can always save a previously created template and use it in the future. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected]. Have a nice day!

Giuseppe

At least, a platform that truly supports me in my daily work

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I appreciate the way the software follows my daily work. It give me and the entire team the possibility to stay up to date about the work we all are doing. Everyone knows what project and task other teammate are working on and this way we can relate better each other.

Pros

I like the extremely-simple dashboard. I know what to do, which project is involved in the daily workday and its overall status, and so I can organize my job better. When I come back home in the evening I'm more relaxed because I already know the work I have to do the next day.

Cons

I would prefer the time log section with a "start/stop" feature.
Today, I necessarily have to insert manually the start time and the end time. On the other hand, if a "start/stop" feature were implemented, I just had to push the button "start" and forget it until the end of my task.

Response from GanttPRO

Giuseppe, thank you for the review and for using GanttPRO. We would like to pay your attention that the time task tracker has a timer option. It means you can start/stop logging your working time whenever you want.

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

Angel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Why you have to try GanttPRO

Reviewed on 2023/04/28

Pros

This tool helps you perform any type of task that involves Project Management. I consider that the main advantage of selecting this tool is that it allows you to work online with your team, so the work is more efficient and there are fewer communication losses. In addition, I find that the fact that the tool is so intuitive helps a lot for new users or people who have no experience with project management software to be able to get their work done without having to waste time learning how to use complex software. And finally, I want to add that the price is very fair in relation to the quantity of work that helps you to develop.

Cons

I would like that you could export your project as a MS Project document.

Kendall
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

One of the most trusted online gantt chart tools

Reviewed on 2023/07/07

I find the built-in lessons and help widgets quite useful for learning my way around and getting the hang of the program. The brief instructions were very useful given my lack of prior experience with creating Gantt charts.

Pros

GanttPRO's strength lies in its extensive features and nice, straightforward interface. It is particularly useful for team projects because it facilitates straightforward task monitoring and planning. It is an excellent solution for teams that value open communication and efficient workflow management due to its cutting-edge visualization, adaptability, and insightful progress updates.

Cons

Although a more aesthetically pleasing UI/UX would be preferable, GanttPRO's functionality far outweighed any visual concerns I had when using it on a regular basis.

Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

GanttPRO review

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

Overall I like this program. It being online helps too in that you can access it from any computer.

Pros

The ease of use is the key to this software. I built a gantt chart without prior knowledge of this program and it is intuitive. Changing time frames is as easy as a click and a drag. Tasks can be a multitude of colors. Being a designer I like the fact that the resulting gantt chart can be a beautiful document. More customizable features would be great to that effect!

Cons

Copying one task to make another is still as little cumbersome in that it does not automatically place it where you intend. After copying sometimes it places it in weird spot and you need to do a re-shuffle of tasks.

Response from GanttPRO

Hi, Christopher! Nice to hear such a positive feedback. Thanks!

If you have questions or issues to fix, please, contact us in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected].

Maria J.
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Really useful product which makes my work much easier

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Pros

It just keep it simple. Even if you are not super technological, it will be so intuitive to work with. I really recommend to people who need to be organized. At my work this is critical than I was looking for some tool like this one.

Cons

I would like to find a short video explaining how to deal with the bars for the time. But you can book a demo, so it is fixed.

Response from GanttPRO

Maria, hi! We are glad to see such a profound feedback. If you have questions, you can always contact us at [email protected] or in the live chat on the site. Have a good day!

Yuchen
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

GanttPRO: A Comprehensive Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2023/03/29

GanttPRO has been an excellent project management tool for our team. The advanced Gantt chart features have enabled us to create detailed and customized project plans, while the robust task management capabilities have helped us keep track of progress and prioritize our work accordingly. The resource management and time tracking features have also been useful in managing our team and tracking project progress. Although there is a steep learning curve, the user-friendly interface and helpful resources have made it easier to navigate. The customer support has also been great in answering any questions or resolving any issues we've encountered.

Pros

Advanced Gantt chart features, such as task dependencies and critical path analysis;Robust task management capabilities, including task prioritization and progress tracking;Resource management features, such as resource allocation and workload tracking;Time tracking features, including time logging and time reports;Integration with other tools, such as Jira and Trello;User-friendly interface and easy-to-use functionality;Great customer support and helpful online resources.

Cons

Some features are only available in the more expensive plans, limiting functionality for smaller budgets.

Jenny Babe

GanttPRO Review

Reviewed on 2023/09/29

Pros

I like most of GanttPRO's features which have a great impact on project management. The Gantt charts offer an abundance of information and are simple to use. It is simple to create and assign tasks, establish due dates, and monitor progress thanks to the task management capabilities. The capabilities of resource management let you assign resources to tasks and keep track of their availability. It's simple to work on projects with other team members thanks to the collaboration capabilities. Additionally, GanttPRO is an extremely user-friendly tool that integrates quickly with your current business procedures. A highly user-friendly product is GanttPRO. The user interface is simple to use and navigate. You may start using GanttPRO right away, even if you are completely new to project management.

Cons

I believe GanttPRO might use some improvements to a number of its capabilities. For instance, I would want to be able to organize tasks according to various criteria and add custom fields to tasks. In addition, I occasionally find the user interface to be a bit clunky and difficult to navigate around. However, I believe that GanttPRO might improve its integration with additional project management applications. GanttPRO is a solid project management tool overall, however there is always space for development. I would recommend it to organizations looking for for a simple and intuitive Gantt chart tool, but I also suggest them to look into alternative solutions if they want more sophisticated capabilities or connectivity with other tools.

Sarah
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

If there was mobile access, it would be a 10/10 product for me.

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Pros

It is intuitive to use. Customizable tools are available at all project stages (planning, management and follow-up of projects), which makes our job much easier. Also, when I want to buy a product, I want the support team to be fast and solution-oriented. It's not something I prefer to desperately wait for when I have a problem. I really liked the customer support of the GanttPRO platform.

Cons

Lack of mobile access is its biggest drawback. When we need to do our work remotely, we cannot do it from mobile because there is no access.

León
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best Project Management Software out there!!

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

I was designing a bioengineering process in order to obtain a desired molecule, and I wanted to improve the timing in my project. I first tried with the usual Excel, but the main problem is that in my process there are unit operations that can take a week and others that can take just an hour, thus, there is a poor visual aid. However, when I first tried with GanttPro, I could solve it in a very intuitive way and within 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid.

Pros

If you want an easy and visually impactful tool to manage your project in terms of task-timing and working volume, GanttPro is the best (and only) solution. I made a professional Gantt diagram in a very intuitive way in just 10 minutes with the perfect visual aid. It was perfect to differentiate between operations that can take long (weeks) and operations that are quite fast (hours). I highly recommend it!

Cons

Despite the fact that it may be a little expensive for students around the world, GanttPro even offers a free plan for us. Therefore I think there is nothing I could complain about.

Response from GanttPRO

Leon, thank you for such an amazing review!

Ambre
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Useful tool to follow up on a project

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Great tool to follow up on your project and now when you are overdue. The timeline option is great and mostly the dependencies. You can use it for multiple projects in the same space and allocate team users to it so it is easy to use it in a collaborative way. If you want to use it only on your own, it is not mandatory to allocate team members to it. Dependencies allows you to measure the whole impact when things get delays (which always happen) and mostly, to get an overall view on one project, which is sometimes hard to get when you are in between multiple files and streams !
Took a bit of time to understand how that work, but once you get confortable with it, it really allows you to do great things !

Cons

Response from GanttPRO

Ambre, thanks for using our application. If you'll have any difficulties, please, contact us in the Live chat inside GanttPRO or consult GanttPRO FAQ.

Josephine
Josephine
  • Industry: Computer Games

Questionable business practices and terrible customer service

Reviewed on 2023/05/09

If you are a small business owner considering purchasing the product, don't. If you do, be VERY careful with how much you are paying, and double check the amount every step along the way.

Pros

The software itself works reasonably well. Milestone, timelines etc are relatively straightforward to set up, and it looks good, which is why I thought I would purchase the full product...

Cons

Throughout the process of reviewing pricing plans and purchasing the product, I was led to believe that I was paying $15.99 per user per month, on a monthly plan. However, at the final payment confirmation step with their payment processing service, the cost changed to $160. Surprised, I tried to cancel the transaction, but I had already clicked through, as I had never experienced a payment changing at that point. Unfortunately, there was no way to cancel through the app itself. I immediately contacted customer service, who said that they do not provide refunds and that the product I was purchasing was not available for a monthly plan. This despite the fact that I had 364 unused days on the annual plan that I had inadvertently bought, and the pricing page had explicitly stated a monthly price. [sensitive content hidden] (the only person who appears to work in customer service) then showed me a screenshot of how you are intended to find out about the lack of monthly plan - you have to select "monthly" on the top right, then go to the plan and select the number of users, and only then there is apparently a tooltip that informs you that this plan is unavailable monthly for 1 user... despite the fact that the entire website still happily shows you the monthly price. To make matters worse, in my browser this tooltip is nonexistent. I showed "[sensitive content hidden] " the screenshot from my end, and received no response.All in all, this is definitely one of the scummiest business practices I've encountered.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Plan your Project NOWWW!

Reviewed on 2023/04/18

Overall, GanttPRO offers more than the money one can spend on it. It is efficient and makes project management easy and more comfortable.

Pros

I can start project planning easily, and update the progress of the project in real time. I can collaborate with my colleagues and modify the plan according to the development. It is very efficient and easy to keep trak of different projects at a time. Also it provides best privacy.

Cons

To be honest, GanttPRO is best solution for project management but its important to learn and take lessons to become pro in project management.

Peterson
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The best gantt chart platform I've ever used!

Reviewed on 2022/09/05

GranttPro helped me deal with my projects and tasks the way I need to keep everything on track.

Pros

GanttPro was the best tool I've found online to help me with the management for my projects and side tasks. Easy to use and personalize, GanttPro helps you to keep everything on track! You can plan events, projects and tasks, creating tags, setting date limit, and even inviting others to collaborate with your projects. GanttPro provides different views for the data you have, you can see your projetcs tasks as the best Gantt charts you have ever seen, or as panels grouped by their status, or even as a full list. You can manage all this with just one tool: GanttPro.

Cons

I just wish I could have found this tool earlier.

Yogesh
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient Project management Tool - GanttPRO

Reviewed on 2024/02/08

Pros

1. Intuitive interface, clean, and nice design.
2. Projects are a lot easier to set up with GanttPRO than most tools available.
3. Good tool for long running projects with frequent changes/ modifications.
4. Integration with other collaboration tools such as Slack helps in managing the projects in efficient manner.

Cons

1. Pricing can be more competitive so that larger participants within the organization can work on the tool.
2. Trial time is too short to use and understand the tool.

Blake

Great Software

Reviewed on 2021/04/16

Pros

This is easy to use, and I love the project history that is available.........no searching through multiple folders......all active projects are right there. Easy to change dates, durations, dependencies, and switch between projects. I've used both MS Project and FastTrack, and I'll admit that those are super robust programs..........but for the money, GanttPRO is easier to use and has 90% of the features that those big guys have.
FYI.........I track low level construction projects in the multi-family industry.....previously, I was tracking bigger construction projects in Commerical and Health Care industries and still did not need to use all of the features in MS Project or FastTrack.

Cons

There have been a few glitches..........but customer service fixes them quickly. If you need a super robust system, this might not be the best.........but for 75% of project management needs, this fits the bill.

Response from GanttPRO

Blake, thanks for the positive review!

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO.

German

Intuitive Gantt Chart

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Overall, it's full of tools but very intuitive and easy to use, giving the right and necessary information for projects.

Pros

I wanted to avoid admitting that GanttPRO was good. I was using other Gantt software programs that I liked, but the more I work on GanttPRO the more I liked it. Furthermore, I am considering to move all my workflow to GanttPRO now. It is very flexible adding tasks, list and automatically generate the Gantt chart. Very intuitive task manager and with the right information needed to accomplish goals.

Cons

Cons: It has no desktop software and only works online in the browser. If that is not a problem for you, I will still highly recommend GanttPRO.

Régulo César
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easy to make it a sidekick Companion

Reviewed on 2023/08/15

Pros

The GanttPro software package include significant and useful tools. It features a refined UI for improved user experience, advanced Gantt chart tools, and a very better resource management: for those Professional planners, there will not be Problem in adapting to it and straightforward use. I have read even when not try so for that GanttPro include also enhanced collaboration facilities through real-time commenting and third-party tool integration. Also a feature that calls to my attention was the possibility to use a mobile app which I understand, has been optimized, security bolstered, and performance fine-tuned. The software includes a time tracking integrante which is one of the most valuable feature for my working as “autónomo”: without the requirement of extra software, you can keep updated and truely online all the foro in and of your projects making it easier to prepare invoice and demostrase them when becomes required. GanttPro provides an intuitive, efficient, and collaborative project management solution.

Cons

Until now, nothing. I am just beginning the use. I should use the mobile app, check the integration, also the collaborative using for spread it out with colleagues.