GanttPRO Reviews

GanttPRO

Online Gantt chart software for project management

4.6/5 (104 reviews)
Ajamu A.

Just what our organization needed

Reviewed on 2018/01/10

We have used BaseCamp which is good for managing tasks, but lacked the functionality of a full project planner. This has allowed our organization to communicate and manager short to long-term projects much better.

Pros

Overall, the application's response time and general performance is a huge asset. The software is readily accessible online, which allows for easy collaboration within a working team. There is no need to install software on multiple computers, and this makes the cost far more reasonable, particularly for organizations on a limited budget.

The interface provides a clean and uncluttered look, and all of the key information for managing tasks is accessed; including task name, start and end dates, duration, progress, and who the tasks are assigned to. The user can also customize this list, both hiding and showing information as individual projects dictate.

One of the nicer features compared to other online project planners, is a much more mature way of handling progress and assignments. With some online planners this is not possible, and in others, it's handled in a rather cavalier fashion, allowing anyone to simply type in a resource name without accessing from a pre-loaded field, leading to problems in filtering resources, just due to incorrect typing - so I certainly like the more professional approach taken by GanttPro.

Resources can be assigned costs, and the software will automatically calculate the cost for projects with this information.

Cons

Would like a greater ease to indent subtasks. I would like to see controls in the menu to shift tasks, as moving tasks seems a bit to precise in the operations.

Response from XB Software

Ajamu, we are glad to hear that GanttPRO significantly simplified your work in projects. Have a good day!

Jeremy B.

Easy to use. Nice graphical interface!

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

As a project manager, my projects often have major shifts in deadlines due to the nature of our clients. Projects, or portions of them, may at any time be accelerated or postponed literally months in a single notice. GanttPro makes it easy to realign and redistribute the tasks in order balance out the workload of my team.

Pros

The ability to add/delete/move items is natural and doesn't require any time in designing 'if/then" type of dependencies. It can all be quickly rearranged graphically using drag & drop. I knew instantly I was abandoning the excel-type products I had been using.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the longer than expected load time. Initial loading takes about 1 minute. Once loaded however, all changes are practically instantaneous, so it's not an ongoing issue. I've had zero issues in speed for manipulation, saving, etc. In all reality, the initial load time is not that significant and the advantages of this platform far outweigh this singular issue.

Response from XB Software

Jeremy, thank you for such a profound review. We are happy that GanttPRO gives you so many ways to improve your project management. Also, we always work on the speed of load time so that you will not experience any issues with your work. It's good to hear that it didn't cause you any inconvenience.

Juan R.

Team Based Scheduling

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I find it is a good software, it has helped me sell my work since Clients appreciate Time Control, specially on Projects that take months. Team members are happy, everyone knows "where" we are and "what" needs to be done since it is cloud based and some Team members are in different offices and cities.

Pros

I use it for schedulling architectural design projects, and find it has good features besides the obvious and basics: you can use WBS, Lag Time, Personal Calendars, custom color the Task Bars, which give you better control and feel of your schedule, and use Filters to "see" what you want to focus on. Also has a Critical Path!

Cons

The Task Bar Time span is only produced according to the Project Calendar. I have staff with different work days and hours (per day) - Personal Calendars - so I expected the software to produce different Time Spans based on Personal Calendars but it does not. You have to punch in the "Effort Hours" (real hours to do the Task), use your calculator and punch in "Duration Hours", based on what the actual Person works per day and week. Then if you reassign the Task to someone with a different Personal Calendar, punch in Duration again :(

Sahar M.

Keeps me on track

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

I've come across GanttPRO when looking for a software to keep me on track for my thesis project and so far it has great! It's easy to use and has great tools all in one place.

Pros

It's super easy to use (drag and drop tasks into the order you need them) and I love the fact that tasks can be color-coded. Another nifty feature is the ability to create links between tasks and thus create a sequence that automatically gets adjusted if a previous task is changed. One other benefit is the option to create a public link to share the chart with someone else — this has come in very handy when discussing my progress with my thesis adviser (without having to sign up for an account).

Cons

I wish some other features could be deactivated, for example, I have no collaborators for a certain project, therefore there is no need to assign the task to someone — the should automatically be assigned to the project owner in this case.

Eric C.

Finally a Gantt Chart Software worth using!

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

Viewing and exporting feature are super helpful when you need to share the info with someone outside of your organization. The ability to share charts and organize users for specific access and control is very helpful.

Cons

When you print the charts to paper, the indented levels of milestones and tasks are all left aligned and it makes it difficult to distinguish the milestones.

Response from XB Software

Unfortunately, we do have that bug with printing. But we work on improving it. Thank you for your review, Eric. Please, stay tuned and you will see how GanttPRO is changing for better!

Ivan K.

Half year of project saving and agility for a very few fees

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

time saving and fast planing results sharable for all stakeholders and DevTeam

Pros

Easy start without preparation and weighty installation, without any spends of it resource!
All online and shareable for the whole team and customer! Integration with Jira software makes project planning and task tracking affordable. I can run project and estimate future of all features, not only in the small window of sprint dashboard.

Cons

it is not easy to talk about issues of a great product, but I would be nice to introduce more keyboard hotkeys support.

Response from XB Software

Thank you, Ivan, for your helpful feedback. If you need to get help with keyboard hotkeys, please, chat with our customer service agent on ganttpro.com for more details.

Barbora N.

Good software. Easy to understand and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

I liked that the software was user friendly and easy to navigate. Within 10 minutes I knew how the software works and I created a good solid project plan in no time. Its very easy to create dependencies between tasks as well as to create subtasks. I like that you can import existing project plans as well as you can use software's templates as basis for your plan. You can also export your plan as pdf or image but you need to pay subscription fee for this. You can give access to multiple users which is very useful.

Cons

There was one thing in particular that I didnt like, when you're creating dependencies your tasks get linked. However I wish I could adjust the shape of the arrow in order to make it more visually pleasing. I found this an issue when I was adding in many dependencies and there were lines everywhere and not necessary shown in the easiest way to understand them. I know in MS Visio you can adjust this so it would be useful to introduce this feature here as well.

6.0/10
Jean mathieu D.

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

GanttPro is really a great! It helps me to get more than I was expecting to have.

Pros

You the ability to add, delete and to move items in a naturally way and does give a great type of dependencies. It is easy to drag & drop and rearranged graphically. It is very convenient and even quicker than excel-type products.

Cons

When you trying to print the charts to paper it's a bid difficult when creating dependencies the tasks get linked, the milestones are hard to distinguish.

Dmitry K.

Best tool for product roadmap planning and project progress tracking

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

I love that I'm able to see the project status overview, and then immediately navigate into specific tasks / assignments.
Also, I can manage dev / marketing without switching to different board (like in Trello).
Also, it's visual. Trello board became too clumsy for me over time.

Cons

It's a bit complicated. But simpler products do not allow you to manage time.
I switched from Trello. It worked fine until I started to need to plan ahead, and not just focusing on immediate priorities.

I recommend switching to Ganntpro when you need TIME planning! Not earlier.

Response from XB Software

Enjoy your project management with GanttPRO, Dmitry.

Charles D.

Great tool for timlines

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

As a project manager, I have difficulty putting all of my timelines in one place, but also making it readable by stakeholders in the project and owners of tasks. GANTTPRO solves all of these problems. It's simple user interface allows for quick learning for project managers but also easily readable for others.

I like that it has a public URL, to share with non-users, and also an export feature. This allows it to be easily shared without having to invite someone to use the software.

Cons

I struggle to put anything here, as it has been quality software for me. But, if an integration with JIRA would be incorporated, not just an import feature, that would be great.

Great tool for Gantt Charts!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

GanttPro is an online tool – no need to install software. It has an intuitive user interface that allows you to easily create and edit Gantt charts (tasks, milestones, dependencies between the tasks).
It also has features for easy collaborating within a working team. A nice feature is that you can create a public link to share the chart with others. Moreover, it offers a usable feature for resource management, the cost per resource can be assigned calculating automatically the cost of the projects.

Cons

So far I have not noticed any Cons for my needs. Maybe the possibility to pay per month.

Erin W.

My favorite Gantt software!

Reviewed on 2016/10/10

GanttPro is really a treat. The drag-and-drop functionalities, the integrated dependencies and progress tracking, and the beautiful UI make it easy to work in. It handles projects and collaborators really well, and it's all right there - not buried in unnecessary features. One of my favorite features is how easy it is to export charts in a variety of formats. Oh, and it has notifications! Recommended.

Pros

Beautiful interface, easy to use, all the features I need.

Response from XB Software

Erin,
Thank you so much for your warm feedback!
We are launching a new GanttPRO redesign in a few weeks. Be the first to check it ;-)

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Overall great experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Great software for planning with timelines. It’s easy to quickly set up. Drag and drop feature lets you adjust. Has dependencies. Preconfigured templates are nice to save time when setting up.

Has a view range from years to hours, which is nice. It's nice to have that range to let you do big picture planning and connect that to the day to day. The interface is clean and easy to navigate. Highly recommend. Versatile software with many applications.

Cons

Only con is there is no mobile app. Sounds like that might be in the works.

Ian G.

Wonderful Gantt chart software

Reviewed on 2016/05/17

GanttPro is exactly as the name implies. It is a beautifully executed online Gantt chart tool which allows quick drag-drop functionality, and just enough depth to capture multiple dependencies without overburdening the user. It will also elegantly and automatically update every dependent task when you make a change to an earlier task, which is fantastic.

Templates can be created to save time if you are regularly producing charts for a specific type of project and the entire platform seems to have been built with the time-poor project manager in mind - Which is something a lot of other Gantt software could learn from.

The user interface offers a few different skins/themes and is very straightforward to use. You can also export to PDF, PNG, and spreadsheet very painlessly and it looks good enough to show the boss or shareholders right out of the software.

Lastly, I have posed a few questions to the support team who have responded literally within seconds.

For the price of a few coffees a week, I think it is well worth the investment if you are regularly needing to create Gantt charts. At the very least I would recommend that you give the free version a go.

GanttPro is a top-notch bit of software.

Response from XB Software

Thank you so much for such awesome feedback!

Kristian H.

Its a great platform to plan the projects. Have been using it for various project.

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Planning of projects

Pros

Easy to use. With user freandly interface. Great when preparing plan, change it and later follow the process.

Cons

Some problems when exporting to pdf. Need to change file name to open it. Also problems with seting the dinal view of exported chart.
Would be good to implement cost predictions.

Response from XB Software

We appreciate your review, Kristian. We've already fixed the specified moments, thank you. We hope you enjoy your project management with GanttPRO

Nice Temeline Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/23

I'll keep using this software, but hope the sophistication of dependencies gets improved.

Pros

Gantt Pro makes it easy to quickly build timeliness and share them with team members.

Cons

Dependencies are unpredictable and limited. It's easy to set up most simple dependencies, but many dependencies don't work and it gets frustrating. Because of this, identifying the critical path for a project is mostly manual.

7.0/10
Seth C.

Good product for the price

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Organization and communication improvements

Pros

It is easy to use and pretty intuitive. The software is very visually appealing. The charts are very customizable.

Cons

It has limitations because it is only for gantt charts. It does not really interact with any other software well and exporting other than as a URL is cumbersome.

Response from XB Software

Seth, at the moment, we have integration with JIRA software. Also, we are considering to lauch other integrations. Which one would you like to see in GanttPRO?
Also, we have rather rich export options. You can export your project to the most popular formats like PDF, PNG, XLSX, and XML. URL option is not an export option. It is more of sharing your chart with someone you want to see it. If you need help, please, contact us at [email protected] and we will answer all your questions.

7.0/10
Michael P.

Outstanding tool which makes the complex very simple;Beautiful interface

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Solved our challenges with creating GANTT charts and improved project management.

Pros

Elegant and easy to use tool which makes managing a complex project visually appealing and easier to manage tasks and interdependencies. Chat support and email support are very responsive. This tool is beautiful and offers excellent export options to PDF, Excel, PNG, etc.

Cons

The only problem we had was a small bug in terms of changes being viewed with a team member. We alerted the team and it was resolved within 48 hours. Edge Browser issues sometimes.

Response from XB Software

Michael, thank you for this detailed feedback. We are very happy to know that GanttPRO is useful for you. If you have any questions, please, let us know in the live chat on the site or email at [email protected]

Great product. Accessible, simple and easy to use.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/22

Use it to prepare charts for inclusion into documents.
Use it to build a proposed timeline then to monitor progress.

Pros

I like that it is available online. It is cost effective. It is easy to create a simple chart. The software is simple.

Cons

Better presentation of exported charts. Mainly more control over placement of bar labels. Also control over resolution for PNGS.

Response from XB Software

We do our best to make GanttPRO a powerful, yet simple project planning tool. We are happy to hear that you found our tool simple to work in. Could you, please, give us more details about the issues you specified in the "cons" section?

Kamal S.

The best software for the planning purposes in dynamic way.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

helps for the effective planning and decision making in an organization

Pros

the interface of the software and the features integrated within this software are the crucial portion of this software.

Cons

there are none words to describe this software does not worth limitations. this software is the best I had ever use

Roger R.

Simple, easy to use and a number of features

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Fast and easy to get up and running. I have the lifetime free account so I cannot beat the value. Ability to access from anywhere.

Pros

I really like that I can quickly outline a number of tasks and get a high-level overview done in a limited amount of time.

Cons

I have found it is difficult (as compared with MS Project) when needing to use the more advanced features - both time consuming and repetitive.

Valentine Z.

Made project management much easier

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Makes my daily live easier to manage our clients expectations while working on a project.

Pros

I really enjoy how easy and clean this application with very intuitive UI.
Also big fun of different customizations you can apply for different projects and teams to reflect your needs.
And when i did start initially preconfigured templates they had saved me a lot of time.

Response from XB Software

It is good to hear such nice words about GanttPRO, Valentine! Please, stay tuned. We are planning to release a lot of new great features.

Mt N.

Life changing.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Peace of mind. Efficiency.

Pros

Optimizes clarity, intercommunicability and efficiency. My team clearly knows the targets and sub-targets, keeping an eye on the prize at the same time. Priceless.

Cons

How can i set different colors in the number chart to make tasks/deadlines etc stand out?
Also in the comment section when typing @ the menu sometimes fails to appear

Response from XB Software

To change the colors of your tasks, please, hover the task you need and go to the right of it to the Gear button. You will see a pop-up menu where you can easily change the colors of any task you need.
Also, when you @ mention someone, make sure this team member is already invited to your team. Have a good planning!

Rahul S.

Ganttpro for easy Project Management

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

Pros

I was looking for a tool to easily manage CPS with a small team for a large program with lots of dependencies. I came across Ganttpro and it is one of the easiest to use tools I have found and being on cloud it makes it very easy for team to collaborate as well great job in making such a great tool.

Cons

Nothing so far, though maybe a mobile app will make it more accesible

Nate B.

I used the software in order to create a Gantt chart for a PLTW design class

Reviewed on 2017/12/26

Pros

Visually appealing, the interface is quite intuitive and powerful. The drag and drop dependency system allowed for easy arranging. While not included in the free version, the comments and file system would allow this to serve as more of a project management system instead of just Gantt chart generation

Cons

They offer a free live tutorial which would alleviate my initial complaint that at first, it can be overall quite confusing, mainly the sibling tasks becoming green and immutable. I was able to discover that it was instead controlled by whatever subtask lasted the longest.

My main concern is the value for money, simply if you are using it for the sole purpose of Gantt chart generation the price is too high. But if you use it as your project management tool it is on par with other solutions in both price and functions

Response from XB Software

Thank you, Nate, for your review. You can contact us anytime and discuss the pricing issues. Enjoy your project management with GanttPRPO!