Cheqdin

A revolutionary management solution for childcare centres

4,8
4,8
4,5
4,5
Sagal G.

AMAZING SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I opened my after school club about 8 months ago. I have struggled to find a software that meets my demands financially but also easy to use. When I found Cheqdin I was extremely pleased with all the features specifically with the invoices service. It helps me optimise my time daily and the helpful customer service is always available to help. I highly recommend this software!

Pros

This software has all the features needed to help me optimise my after school club and keep my updates in check. Its extremely easy to use, no jargon, no hidden fees, all features are explained throughout.

Cons

I have yet to find any cons in this software..

Response from Cheqdin

Dear Sagal,

Thanks for taking the time out and leaving us your review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family, we look forward to closely working with you.

Andy O.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great for the staff on site; improving functionality behind the scenes; fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

We were looking for a system to replace the use of paper registers and Excel spreadsheets to track attendance at our After School Club. I found CheqdIn from a Google search and contacted them for a demo. I had a very good call with the Product Manager and came away with a very good feeling towards the company and product.

I've had my ups and downs learning the product and setting it up, but throughout have had amazing customer service - very personal, responsive and patient. Several of my suggestions have been taken on board and implemented in the product - this company is very customer focused and that has helped me to get past issues because I've trusted that an improvement will come in time.

Some promised features have taken longer than expected to be released, but with the addition of the invoicing module and direct debit collection it is now a complete product for our needs.

Overall, it's been a good first year with CheqdIn and I'm hoping for an easier second year and more to come!

Pros

Provides a simple check in / check out process for staff and parents (customers)
Customer support is very responsive and keen to accept suggestions for feature enhancements
Big increases in functionality (e.g. invoicing, direct debit colleciton) rolled out through the year
Modern interface, mostly easy to navigate

Cons

Online help is not the best and I made some mistakes setting up - but customer support has managed to undo all of the damage
Some functionality as deployed doesn't quite work how we would like it to - some idiosyncrasies to remember/work around
Occasional lock-ups, but as it's cloud based can simply close the browser and restart - everything is saved
Staff time tracking not suitable for our needs (too granular based on clocking in/out)

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Andy,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback. We are thrilled that you've loved the Cheqdin experience so far and are delighted to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We take great pride in listening to our customers and delivering on our promises. At Cheqdin we do our very best to accommodate customer feedback as much as possible and bring on-demand features to life, this sometimes take longer than anticipated. We're hard at work to bring you the very best in childcare solutions and you will see more in time to come. Stay tuned for more product releases and updates! Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Cathy W.
Industry: Education Management

Great value for money and a lots of useful features

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Administration tasks are more efficient and manageable. Access to information and important documentation is all in one place.

Pros

This software does a lot for the money and once set up does save time and paper. I am still occassionally finding features I didn't realise were there or that have been added as the team continue to improve the product. The customer support has always been helpful and readily available and they are always keen to listen and introduce new features to help make it better.
The parent Apps have helped us engage more with parents and provides alternative communication tools to do that.
The support team are really friendly and helpful and keen to get things right for our needs.

Cons

It does take a bit of time to get everything set up properly and thought needs to go into how you do this in the right way for your setting (but so much time is saved once it is done and the price is still way better than competitors.)
It doesn't necessarily have all the features of some other Nursery Management software but but is much more affordable for a smaller setting.
Some features have not been so useful to us so we have not maximised their use.

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you are loving the Cheqdin experience; our team is always available to help you every step of the way with newer features as we continue to add new modules from time to time. Stay tuned for more product updates!

Scott M.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Really positive, good product and the staff are really helpful

Pros

We were looking for a product to take our fees inline and streamline them in the nursery. Right from the start Cheqdin were great with us. We have our own contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is very patient with us and always on the end of the phone for us.

She worked with our admin and now our admin is on maternity. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is available to me when I have queries as I don’t use the system as much as our admin does.

We wanted a company based in Scotland who understood ELC 1140 hours and the registrations we work under.

Cons

Nothing, our broadband at the nursery is poor, so sometimes the package is slow but when I work from home there are no issues and is a great system to work with.

Response from Cheqdin

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and the community. Our team is always ready and available to help when you need us. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family!

Ruth G.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Having been one of the lucky few to pilot this software I am totally converted. It changed my life!

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Less time consuming then manually doing registers. No paper archiving required and it's secure for parents to sign their child/children in and out

Pros

I like that parents can sign in and out without the use of paper. Data is stored and accessible and is secure. Easy to use for parents and staff alike. I like that we are ahead of the competition in our field and it's great when parents have used this software in a nursery setting prior to coming to our setting.
I think the best bit is the online ad hoc booking option which cuts out massive amounts of manual work at our end and allows parents to book at a time convenient for them. I can't wait for the auto billing function!

Cons

It's still in the development stage and is being updated with new features when required; so I have no complaints.

Response from Cheqdin

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ruth. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you! We are hard at work for bringing new and exciting features to Cheqdin and look forward to working closely with Scamps!

Tony G.

Good Cloud Based Software with the Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Pros

The software is cloud based and good value for money. It provides great features that really improve the management of the nursery and parents have loved the the improved communication that Cheqdin has provided. Features like an hourly breakdown of how many children are in each group really help in making precise rota decisions. Online registration is good too.
The team are continually making improvements and the customer support is incredible, any problems they are happy to guide you through.

Cons

The following are not problems but features I would like to see. Improved invoicing ability, such as invoicing from the last invoice date, including a breakdown of payments made, and the ability to report on sessions that may not have been invoiced.
Reporting should be improved, being able to have certain reports emailed automatically would be good such as emergency contacts each month, estimated value of sessions for next week or month, children in tomorrow.

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your feedback. Our team is hard at work to bring the very best in childcare software and we look forward to adding more exciting features to Cheqdin, stay tuned for more product updates in the coming months. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Shona S.
Company size: Self Employed

Family Friendly App

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

I’ve been using this app for over a year myself and parent love it. They like getting updates on there child. You can send pictures/videos directly to each parent

Pros

Keeping the parents informed what is actually happening with there child.
Being able to give them videos and pictures that have been done that day .
Being able to everything from letting the parent know what the child has had for snack, or meals or to naps to invoicing to my parents love getting updates on the app.

Cons

To be fair there’s not much negative about the app now they have ironed out there teething problems

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Shona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that parents at your centre love using Notebook by Cheqdin. We will be bringing in more features for parents very soon, stay tuned!

Sarah B.
Industry: Education Management

Time Out Afterschool Club experince with Cheqdin.

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

Chequdin has been a really positive addition to our setting.

Pros

It is simple to use.
There are simple apps for the clubs and parents to use with the added benefit that it also has all of the functionality that you would need to run the club. The back office information, for both children and staff, is brilliant and is really useful for maintaining records.

Cons

There is no option for the parents to cancel sessions. It would be really useful to be able to receive cancellations via cheqdin as we are using multiple platforms which can lead to errors.

Deleting bookings is not an easy process.

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that Cheqdin has been a positive addition to your setting. A lot of new features including booking cancellations will available in our next release - Cheqdin 2.0. Stay tuned for more updates :)
Kind regards - William

Carly B.

Great app!

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Pros

The customer service. They have excellent customer service, when I report a problem [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] answers my emails within minutes. She also asks on occasion how is everything going and if I need any help.

Cons

The app sometimes has certain bugs, but now it has been working perfectly since the last update.

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Carly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that you've had a great experience with Cheqdin.

Regards,
William

Sinisa S.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Cheqdin software review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I have been using Cheqdin Childcare Software for 1 month, since my son's childcare club (Mighty Oaks) started to use it. I am very happy with its functionality. It's easy to use, and helps to have peace of mind knowing the exact time when my son was picked from school and brought to the childcare club.

Pros

It's easy to use Cheqdin, Notebook Messenger helps to communicate with my son's childcare club in real time. The notifications I receive in regards to my son's attendance is great, so I always know when my son signed in and out from the club. Easy to book through this software.

Cons

I don't know if this can be implemented or not, but it would be very useful to be able to pay for the childcare bookings through this app. I can book, but I don't see any option to pay directly from there.

Response from Cheqdin

Thanks for the review, Sinisa! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Very soon parents will have the ability to make payments. Be sure to check out updates on Cheqdin's social media channels.

Rob H.
Industry: Education Management

Review from a chain of nurseries.

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

We love that this software enables us to reduce paperwork, save time on printing registers and avoids the need to keep and store large amounts of paper.
I like that I can easily check on the numbers of staff and children at each of my settings.

Cons

I need to be able to access a live staff register on the app in case of an emergency.

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Rob,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that Cheqdin has helped you save time and reduce paperwork. I have passed on your feedback to the product team, we frequently incorporate customer wishlists to our product releases from time to time. Stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,
William

Norma-jean B.
Company size: Self Employed

Fantastic program

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

The software is helping me to run a much more seamless service with far less effort.

Pros

Parental love the updates
Invoicing is so easy
Knowing what child will be in on what day is fab
So easy to use
Great customer service

Cons

There is no feature of parents to check and update their child’s information every six months in line with the care inspectorates recommendations however I feel this will maybe be added as this company is always adding something else onto the program

Response from Cheqdin

Norma, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your business and valuable feedback. Our team is hard at work to bring the very best in childcare software and we look forward to adding more exciting features to Cheqdin, stay tuned for product updates in the coming months. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Lisa H.

NFASC Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Less paperwork to store. A great product that I have already recommended to Icare childcare, Vetinia Gormans organisation.
I am very pleased with the product and look forward to the forthcoming new features.

Pros

The practicality and ease of use. The communication we receive from Cheqdin staff is very prompt and helpful.

Cons

Wifi connection isn't so good in our centre and so the facility to work offline would be advantageous to us.

Response from Cheqdin

Dear Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your review with us. We are so grateful for your recommendation of Cheqdin. Our team is hard at work to bring even more features to Cheqdin; your request to add offline capability has been added to our customer wishlist/product development pipeline and we look forward to rolling this out in the future. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Alison S.
Industry: Education Management

Time saving , fantastic software.

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

This software has given me so much time back .

Pros

Its just so easy to use. Saves times in all areas ,especially my invoicing. All my parents really like it. Wish I had come across it sooner.

Great support from the staff.

Cons

Nothing at present. Still working my way around the system. Meets all my childcare admin.

Response from Cheqdin

Hi Alison,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate your business and valuable feedback. Our team is hard at work to bring the very best in childcare software and we look forward to adding more exciting features to Cheqdin, stay tuned for more product updates in the coming months. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Emma M.
Industry: Computer Software

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

I love how I can see how my child is doing during the day

Cons

UI doesn't always refresh when going directly to a page from a notification

Response from Cheqdin

Dear Emma,

Thanks for your review. We are delighted to read that you love seeing your child and staying updated throughout the day with our Notebook App. We would love to hear more about your experience as a parent, so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience. Please reach out to hello(at)cheqdin.com with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share. We're hard at work to bring a great new parent experience, more updates and features will be coming soon. Stay tuned! Again, thank you for taking the time to review Cheqdin.

Jennifer H.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Cheqedin app

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Amazing experience both we the staff and the parents at Lily’s love using the app

Pros

Ease of use, fantastic follow up service with reps always so eager to help via email or the demo link

Cons

There are no cons this app is excellent so easy to set up and use

Response from Cheqdin

Dear Jennifer,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you are loving the Cheqdin experience; our team will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to working closely with you and your team. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Daniel O.
Industry: Education Management

‘Love it! Simple to use and the app makes it easy to sign children in and out.’

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

My childcare runs smoothly and I have access to all files all the time and anytime you need help with something , they are quick to response and will make sure the system fits your needs. I would recommend it for everyone !

Pros

Very user friendly, allowing you to easily navigate through the software . We also love the Admin and Attendance Reports, staff clock in and out. The support team are fantastic !

Cons

None at this time. All the apps works great

Response from Cheqdin

Thanks for your review Daniel. It's been a pleasure to be of service to Klever Kidz Academy. We value your feedback and are hard at work to bring you the very best in childcare software.

Denise A.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Very good experience. Customer service is very helpful.

Pros

All my staff can sign in and see exactly who is booked in to the session.

Cons

I havent found anything I dont like about this system, so far. I have been using it on a daily basis for just over a month.

Response from Cheqdin

We really appreciate your support and valuable feedback. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Sarah S.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

The notebook app that runs alongside cheqdin has been so valuable to us and the parents.

Pros

The features. It is relatively easy to use and the customer support is great. The cost is also very good.

Cons

It's a shame invoicing still isn't available

Response from Cheqdin

Thank you so much for your review Sarah. We're glad that you and the parents at your centre love our features. We know you can't wait for Invoicing to be live, we can't either. Happy to let you know that the Invoicing module will go live by next week (end of January 2019). Our team will be in touch to keep you updated. We know you'll love it. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Industry: Insurance

Great app

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Great. Easy to use and great way to stay connected with your child while your in work

Pros

Innovative and easy to use
Easy to navagate

Cons

So far no issues. Really happy with the experience

Response from Cheqdin

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review. Thank you!

Karen C.

Shooting Stars

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Making sending invoices quicker.

Pros

The customer service was amazing. The rep always got back to me very quickly and helped with any questions I had.

Cons

A few teething problems...such as it didn't automatically add up the number of sessions a child attended in a term, when I was creating an invoice.

Response from Cheqdin

Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're excited to let you know that we will be launching rules-based invoicing later this month which we believe will greatly benefit you and make the already easy to use invoicing module much more robust. Stay tuned for more product updates from us. Thank you for being a part of the Cheqdin family.

Claire J.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Great app

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

Up to date information
Can see photos and comment on them

Cons

I have not had any problems with the software

Response from Cheqdin

We're delighted to hear that you are loving the Notebook by Cheqdin app. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.