Docparser

Document processing & data extraction software

Matt H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Docparser saves my team hundreds of hours and helps identify new business opportunities

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Every month my team would get a 700+ page PDF report with project status updates. Each page was a different project. Some of these were old projects and not of interest. Some were projects we were already working on and needed to keep tracking. Some were new projects that we needed to engage with. Searching and splitting up this document manually was inefficient and we were missing out on important projects. I started searching for solutions, from Python scripts to PowerQuery to software packages/services. I looked at several companies, including Docparser. I attended webinars and had demos. By being able to try our Docparser's free tier with some sample documents, I was able to figure out that it could do exactly what I wanted. I got some help from the user support team and now I've got my parsing rules perfected. So every month when the 700+ page PDF comes out, I can pull out the information my team needs and export it all to Excel. We're savings hundreds of hours of frustration and not missing anything important.

Pros

Very easy to setup because of helpful guides. I was able to "test drive" the software using the free tier, to make sure it could produce EXACTLY what I wanted. This was a huge help to evaluate vs other products and help make our decision. Now that I have my parsing rules set up, it's extremely easy to run my big report once a month and distribute to my team.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve to get the parsing rules set up correctly. I needed to attend their help webinar to understand what I was doing wrong (but then got lots of help).

Response from Docparser

Thanks for your review, Matt! I'm glad your business is saving time and money with Docparser.

Brad E.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Fantastic software

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We use it to read PDF instructions from our clients

Pros

Saves us hundreds of hours of labour per year

Cons

Not much to dislike - the software works well.

Brad E.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Excellent tool that saves us tens of hours of work per month

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Saved loads of time for our team.

Pros

Through integration with Zapier, Docparser has saved us a massive amount of labour that was being expended by one of our account managers. We've automated the bulk of the admin related to our largest client.

Cons

We've found a couple of small bugs, but overall the software is fantastic. It can be a little tricky to set up, and took many small adjustments to get it right but their software makes it simple to make those small adjustments until it works just right. That is more related the type of docs we use it for than the software itself. It would be very easy with docs that are consistently formatted.

Kurtis T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

helping automate an old industry

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

They offered a generous free trial that allowed me to get it up and running in a full production environment, allowed my engineering team to connect their API to our internal API. We were fully operational in a production environment before we paid anything, which made signing up for a monthly sub an easy sell.

Pros

I liked the fact that someone like me who doesn't have a computer science degree was able to get this up and running in a matter of a few hours.

Cons

I can't find anything I didn't like as it accomplished the exact task that I needed which was reading a set of specific PDF's that we receive from our customers.

Mikkel B.

Docparser is very powerfull in its ways of setting up robust rules to extract correct data

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Pros

Docparser has alot of rule options which makes it very easy to create robust rules so you are sure you get the correct data extracted even if the documents are not exactly the same.

There are also alot of integration options. I use webhooks and it works perfect and is easy to use. I integrate to integromat with the webhook.

Cons

The pricing is a little bit too high for small business in my opinion. I cannot really find anything else :-)

Omar M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Amazing! looked everywhere for some sort of software for OCR and found an ONLINE VERSION!

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

saves our sales team lots of time making sales order for ceratin PO's we get

Pros

It's Online and not slow at all and honestly does the same as OCR software if not better.
No hassle of installation and maintenance.

Cons

it can't do fax's well, but yet again most OCRs cant.
anything other than that I cant see any CONs.

Casper M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

It do what I need

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Pros

The product works and is stable. Once you get started using it, it's easy to set up new documents. We scan a number of documents, and with the program we have the opportunity to scale processes that are otherwise manual.

Cons

Nothing.

Andy L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Docparser is awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

The software is so easy and intuitive. I was parsing PDF files in no time and exporting data into my database. The price is good too!

Cons

I have not found anything that I do not like about this software. I really like it due to the fact it is easy and intuitive.

Shawn H.

Saves us soooo much time.

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

Pros

We use it to parse a pdf from work order emails into our own system thru their API. Just Awesome

Cons

Cost we are a small company this makes it difficult for us to justify at ties

Stephen E.
  • Industry: Accounting

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

10/10. Great product.

Pros

Getting started is easy. The learning process moves quickly, even if you don't use their canned search features. The software works well even with crummy pdfs. Once you set up a set of search rules, it's easy to edit them when you think of a way to improve them. I didn't comment on customer service because I haven't needed it. Once you get things the way you want them, the product saves hours and hours of time.

Cons

Really, there's nothing to complain about.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Finally analysing PDF documents is not a problem anymore

Pros

It is really easy to learn how to use it

Cons

It would be useful to have more tutorials to manage edge cases

Susan O.
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Does exactly what it says it does.

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

It actually worked. It scraped PDFs that I had been accumulating for a long time and put them into a Google Sheet.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve :) Some of the setup not that intuitive.

Michael W.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Docparser is an easy choice for integration

Reviewed on 2020/03/21

Pros

Integration options like Claris Connect.

Cons

User interface on the parsing rules could be improved but still very usable.

Teresa M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very effective scraping

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

Pros

The information that I was scraping was very tricky for similar products to accurately scrape. I was very pleased to find out that Docparser gave me the control to scrape my PDFs in unique ways to get as much of the information off as possible. It was easy to use and absolute perfect for what I needed it for.

Cons

Because I was running this daily I had a lot of documents with the same name in my previous run files. I wish there was a way to filter/rename/sort the previously run files to keep them more organized.

Rickard U.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Not for Swedish langue

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

I've email there support, i did receive additional funds for a test, but no answer what so ever.

They say that one should email there support for additional help and improvement, but no answer, on several emails.

(I did tried them for a year or two, still no changes.)
I've bought a month for test... and still no answers/support.

Pros

+ The pricing model
+ The feature rich extraction, for all data

Cons

- No support for Swedish
- No support org-nr (if VAD ID is not present.)
- No support for full lenght dates (in Swedish) like "1 Oktober 2018"
- No support for swedish payment methods like PG or PG
- Doesn't handle "improved" readable numbers with space, eg invoice nr "123 456 476"

Response from Docparser

Hi Rickard, thanks a lot for the review! I'm surprised to hear that you didn't hear back from our support staff. I'm seeing your emails in our support desk software and our staff was replying within a couple of hours to each of your requests. Furthermore, our support desk software indicates that you opened the emails. Can you please double-check if you can find our responses?

Regarding the Swedish language parsing, this is definitely something you can do with Docparser. In our response to you we explained how to set this up.

Nate P.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

This product eliminates menial tasks

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

I like it because it does things that Mailparser can't do.

Pros

Automation because it saves us a ton of time.

Cons

Sometimes the webhooks don't always seem to work with my target program.

Response from Docparser

Thanks for your review, Nate!

Amish Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Best solution i've found... so i upgraded

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

I've tried several services now, this got me to where i wanted to go and it works flawlessly with MS Flow or Zapier... so i upgraded and will go full in on DocParser.

Pros

DocParser's approach to creating parsing rules has been the BEST fit for what i use it for. Delve fully and explore all the available methods and you'll find a way to extract the data you want.

Cons

Sometimes line by line changes take an extra second to save and the pages take an extra second to load, adding to the overall time it takes to set something up. I'm sure speed will improve over time, the product makes up for this shorterm annoyance.

Mike G.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

DocParser Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

We are using the email feature with a purchase order pdf file that is sent to DocParser, the document is parsed and connected to a webhook that triggers a Node Red flow and automatically creates customer orders. The technical support has been awesome. Each time I ask for assistance, the response from technical support is usually within a few hours, which is very acceptable.

Pros

The ease of use and ability to connect to DocParser to webhooks and node.js has been very beneficial for us. Having the ability to parse documents multiple times has helped us set up and adjust the parsing rules. The software is solid and very accurate.

Cons

There is an occasional instance where a parsing rule cannot determine the field and value on the document that needs to be parsed. Most of the time this is due to the scanning of the pdf file and quality of the scanned document.

Nupur P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Unbelievable functionality power packed in one software, Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

worth of invoices were processed in 4 months.

Pros

Variety of tools for post processing documents. One can slice & dice the data gazillion different ways.

Cons

Preprocessing documents, especially OCR, may not be Docparser's strongest suite. Having regex capability during preprocessing can also solve many business needs.

Martin C.

Digitalize Purchase Orders with high accuracy

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Pros

- Easy-of-use setting up parsing rules
- high accuracy, even on scanned documents
- integration options

Cons

- Only one user per account (multi-user would be great for bigger orgs / teams)
- Integration settings are done per parser, would be great in our case to have a global setting

Ryan K.
  • Industry: Design
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Setup an automation thru zapier to take pdf contracts and extract needed informations.

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Saved hours of time and ensured I got paid for every sale

Pros

It allows me to automatically pull needed content from pdf contracts that are emailed to me as a sales rep, and let's me input that into my crm

Cons

It has a lot of options and possibilities, so it's not exactly straight forward, but it is easy enough to figure out

Tj L.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Perfect for Automating Data Entry

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

My experience with Docparser has been excellent. The software has eliminated hours of data entry and the customer support team has been very responsive to any questions I have had.

Pros

Docparser is intuitive and incredibly easy to implement. It is reasonably flexible, so changes can be made quickly as needs evolve. Love the immediacy of being able to see the results of a parsing rule.

Cons

It would be useful to be able to reorder parsing rules. You can create new rules between existing rules, so it is easy enough to get what you need, but the ability to reorder rules would save time.

Andrew J.

Excellent for our use case

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Automating manual processes.

Pros

Docparser does exactly what is says it does. Smooth interface, plenty of options to turn a flat doc into usable data. We love that this can automate what would be such a manual process.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but it would be great to have the option to drop documents based on attachment size (for example, if the document was 1kb - empty data doc), don't process it. It would be also handy to have the ability to handle duplicate documents. I.e. don't process if document has already been sent.

Response from Docparser

Thank you so much for the great feedback Andrew! A more sophisticated email attachment filter is definitely a good idea.

Owen H.

Automates all the outputs I need as a 1-man business

Reviewed on 2020/04/11

Docparser really can’t be more helpful. They help you with your parsing rules, they get back to you if you’ve got a problem you can’t solve. They’ve been amazing.

Pros

Docparser does what its core mission is very very well. That is to extract text from pdfs and output it in the format you want.

Cons

I would love a feature to also strip out images - so these can be used as well.

Justus D.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Does a great job! If you set it up in the right way.

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

At first, I struggled a bit. But now it has infinitely increased our time efficiency.

Pros

Docparser has some great integrations for connecting to a lot of useful services. At first is struggled with these but now, after some support inquiries, they work like a dream.

Cons

I think Docparser would benefit from some more features in the "variable text" parsing rule.