Booxi

4,8 (49)
Let's make appointments easy.

Eduardo O.

Very complete web and mobile application that optimizes the management of beauty salons.

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

We have been able to verify significant changes since the implementation of this program, we used it for 4 years and helped us with the digital systematization of customers, so we could create a database of our customers, make digital promotions and organize our agenda more effectively, as well as increase the productivity of the beauty salon thanks to the optimization of planning and programming of resources, staff, and facilities. Booxi has become the cornerstone of the business evolution of our business, managing to consolidate and expand in our franchise projects, in addition to ensuring greater satisfaction and quality of care with customers, we are pleasantly satisfied with the functions provided by this automatic program, has been a great help and has taught us a lot about the management of beauty salons.

Pros

Booxi a very robust and complete web and mobile application as it has many integrated automated functions, such as: Sending confirmations and automatic reminders by e-mail and text message, appointment booking management, facility planning, as well as personnel. It also includes mobile applications, digital marketing, online payments, customer retention, in addition to real-time programming so it is a tool that will greatly facilitate and improve the management of your business. On the other hand, it has a very friendly interface, being very easy to configure, navigate and use, both for us users and for our customers through the mobile application.

Cons

It is necessary for the development of an inventory function to complement this program. On the other hand, offers an excellent digital marketing function, but only links or integrates with Facebook, it would be convenient to integrate promotional campaigns through Instagram, as it is currently the most used social network and with this, we can reach more future customers and therefore increase our customer portfolio.

Keith G.

Simple to adopt, easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Overall this software ticks most of our boxes and we've been generally pleased with the stability of the product.

Pros

The software was relatively easy to adopt and use from the beginning, and for the most part we were able to make adjustments without requiring Support. I also like that I had a direct Support contact that I could reach out to as needed.

Cons

Couple of areas for improvement:
--Duplicate profiles may be created if a client books online and adds in additional information
--Client notes do not come forward, or there is no indication a note exists the next time a client books an appointment, so you must go into their profile to confirm they haven't previously made specific requests. We have asked for this feature/flag to be added.

WellnessLiving and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Booxi

The price was competitive and the direct Support was a major plus. Having one person to discuss complications with made the adoption process very smooth.
Charlene C.

Good program and sinks with our POS so very positive for accounting purposes

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

We use it everyday to ensure our pet grooming business runs smoothly and most of our clients book on-line which is great!

Pros

I like the automatic confirmation, auto reminder, professional appearance, ease for our customers to book online.

Cons

Software needs more reporting features, it is very basic in design, we have a pet grooming business and we have been asking for more personalized features, dogs name, being able to have one client account with multiple pets (most customers have more than one dog) very difficult to track and creates many duplicates. Cumbersome to get quick history records on the fly when you need it quickly.

Rachel B.

booxi changed my life and now I couldn't do with out it!

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

It changes my life, as I don't have to worry about the scheduling aspect anymore, and I don't waste my evenings on the phone to remind my customers about their appointment, as booxi automatically send reminders.

Pros

Since I started using booxi I saved a lot of time because before, as we are 9 members in the team, I sent all the emails by hand, one by one, I spent a lot of time on the phone, and so I had a lot of time spent managing appointments booking and managing the team's schedules. I switched from something totally manual to something where everything is automatically done,the emails are sent automatically and when I enter the name of a customer everything appears immediately: their number, their email address

In addition my customers know they can go on our website to book their appointment, even outside of our business hours, it's very simple for them. And they all told us that they like our system: they like being able to see directly the availabilities, the fact they don't need to create a user account, and therefore not having to remember a password.

Before I used to manage all this at home at night, now I don't have to do it anymore and I can enjoy my evenings with my family.

What I like the most about booxi are the reminder messages with all the information automatically send to all my customers, and being able to see, at a glance, all my client information for appointments of the day.

Cons

It would be great to be able to access the resources feature directly from the mobile app, which is only available from the web version today.

Noah F.

Good solution for repair and service businesses

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Overall though - a fantastic bit of cloud based 'software as service' that does exactly what it says on the tin. Highly recommended

Pros

The best features are the auto reminders for clients with bookings, the booking confirmation emails and the really clean and simple end user booking system. Also has good API integrations so you can plug in to many websites simply and easily. We're a bicycle shop and do a lot of repairs and all of our bookings have been managed through Booxi for several years. It also integrates with our POS so we can import booking data from their fairly easily. Overall a great service with a high degree customisation available and easy to brand integrate.

Cons

The only criticism I could level is that the drag and drop functionality doesn't work well in the browser window. It's really not practical to move appointments around this way - you have to edit it by setting the date and time manually when it would be a lot quicker to drag and drop. For our purposes, it would also be good to have a way to set multiple bookings for the same schedule at the same time, in a way that doesn't crowd up the booking slot visually. If you put 3-5 booking in for the same staff member at the same time, it squashes everything up and you can't see the details of the client easily without opening each one. This is just because we always require that clients bring their bikes to us in the morning for a day booking, so need them all to drop off between certain hours.

Sandra A.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Booxi Supports Local Small Business During COVID-19

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Excellent. The customer service is amazing. Someone ALWAYS gets back to me within 24 hours.

Pros

Customizable (although there are limits). Reminders that my clients get and a thank you follow ups after a session. That clients can book on their own time and leisure.

Cons

I'd like my branding to show more not "Green - Booxi" . I would like to insert my social media feeds and buttons where people can sign up. Basically what I am saying; if I could i would use your platform as my official website I would if you had blogging capacities, social media link capacities ("follow me" capabilities) etc. I am not sure if you have the ability to receive payments (I am aware that I can link up with squareup.com but I have not gone that route yet).

Jean-pierre P.

Excellent tool for service businesses

Been using it for 5 years now
GO for it!

Pros

Ease to ser up profiles and services at all level
Company
Staff
Etc

Cons

nothing so far. Maybe some tools could be added in the future; lime health file for clients

Dakota D.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

This program has been extremely useful and easy to use on PC and mobile

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Appointments and client information are all in one place, on an easy to read interface. The integration with Lightspeed is so useful and incredible, and when I found out about that feature, I was immediately sold. Itemizing appointments (no show, cancelled, etc.) and the addition of client notes makes the experience so much more personable for our clients because all of the employees can communicate and educate themselves on the client. Building lasting relationships with clients is very important to us, and this software has already helped us secure new and returning clients, because of how easy everything is to use on both ends, on all types of devices.

Pros

The software is so incredibly easy to use, on all platforms, which is very important for my store. It's also very easy to integrate with whatever platform(s) that you need. Not only is it easy to use on my end, it's effortless for my clients. In this day and age, if technology isn't 100% easy to use, clients won't even bother trying to figure out how to book an appointment.

Cons

The fact that when you initially get it and are told about all of the features you will be getting, that's not always true. Some of the features that are advertised are available with your subscription, but they are not active on your account. And you don't learn that until clients start booking appointments, which is very frustrating. With that said, customer support is always a click away and they almost always get back within 15 minutes, which is unheard of in the customer support industry.

Mélanie L.

I love the app and my clients also like how easy it is.

Reviewed on 2017/11/04

More time for myself and less time responding to messages :) This app is new, but it is very well programmed. Like anything , it's hard to make the "perfect" solution for everyone on the planet so I understand if they can't fulfill everyone's needs. As long as I see this company evolving and trying to give a good service , I will stay with them & recommend them to others. It is very practical & helpful so far . Thank you guys for thinking about doing this .

Pros

The simplicity, the service, layout, template, the colors , how fun it is to use it , the fact that you have a website with booxi that you can promote to your clients.

Cons

1) Waiting list : It seemed to me when I talked to one of the guys, that they were going to put in the "waiting list" option and when I asked them about it , they seemed to not really know which I was bummed out about. I would give this a 5 star if it wasn't for the lack of this option which would help me and my collegues.
2) I usually work shifts from 16:00 to 01:00 and it is weird because let's say I work on a Tuesday, then someone will have to book 12-01:00 for Wednesday. It makes an uncool layout that way or less "compartimentalised" . I know I had talked to someone about this and they said they would try to see what they could do about this but haven't heard about it yet.
3)No notifications so I have to open my Booxi app a couple times a day just to see if I have a new appointment request which isn't super practical.

Maryse D.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Outstanding service! It's easy, it helps me a lot and I saved so much time!

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

I saved so much time, and even if I'm not a tech-savvy person I find booxi very easy to use!

Pros

I love the client files feature! Before using booxi I was using a paper calendar and paper for my customer records. Now I can access my client file from anywhere, at any time, and it's really easy to use. I don't have papers anymore!
In addition of the time I saved, what I also like about booxi is the feature that allows me to make a quick export of my client's list, with their contact information so I can easily send them news or promotions by email.

Cons

I would like to be able to associate a color to a service, so that I can see at a glance what services I offer during the day, without even have to read the name of the service in the calendar.

Janie T.

Amazing customer support! And acquisition of new customers!

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

It brings me new customers, thanks to the online booking widget on my website and saves us a lot of time!

Pros

Online appointment booking: customers book their appointments outside business hours, it's great! We never miss the opportunity to acquire a new clients.
booxi has optimized the work of the receptionist while simplifying our customer experience.
Link with Lightspeed POS:
Perfect Seamlessly integration with Lightspeed POS that allows us to manage different parts of our service and retail business.
Activity Reports: I love this feature because I can see all the crucial metrics about my appointments at a glance.

Cons

It would be great to be able to customize even more the booking pop up, such as rearrange the order of the services.

Jeremy V.

Top Notch affordable software available in Canada

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Accuracy, Saves time, less now shows, and puts our client in charge of picking a time frame that works for them from the comfort of there own home or office.

Pros

Its easy to use for all types of people includes staff and our clients. The reminders and thank u for visiting are the 2 additional things that make us stand out compared to others in our community

Cons

the note taking option is limited and other staff cant do notes under there name without having it private. Notes can not be done from an iphone. Only ipad or computer :(

Diana D.

I really like booxi and my clients like it too

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Easy access for me and my clients
Easy to book for my clients, shows my calendar available time. Love the email appointment requests with a quick access for a confirmation!

Cons

Would be more space for description and more choices for prices, like pachage price
More chooses in picture, special for esthetics of the work is done.

Laura N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Booxi Online booking

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

I’ve never been disappointed. I occasionally have a technical issue in which I contact Booxi by email or call to get answers.

Pros

The fact that clients can easily book their appt at their convenience. Eliminates the back and forth of texting requests at odd hours of the day.

Cons

Sometimes I have issues with ics file with wrong info in it or cannot save appt on iPhone.

Sheryl W.

Great service!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

I love the easy system. It’s user friendly, easy to navigate and my clients just love being able to book their own appointments with reminders! I would recommend this service to anyone! Thanks booxi!!

Sheryl Windrem

Cons

There was nothing that I didn’t like about this software.

Robert C.

Very good in general

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

In general my experience is very good with the software.

Pros

Really enjoy the facility of use for the software.

Cons

I think more feature could be add for a better business experience but what is there now is very enjoyable.

Brody D.

Using Booxi has been an overall pleasant experience.

Reviewed on 2017/05/29

Less phone calls from customers wanting to book things.

Pros

I like that customers can very easily book things online and the overall process of creating a booking is very simple.

Cons

There is a bunch of things that are out of control for the Booxi back end and so these things need to be called in. It's a bit of a pain. Also, bookings can NEVER last more than 8 hours or span a few days (example: courses that may take place 2 or 3 days). Customers get a confirmation for the first day of the event but then they're not sure what time the following day starts, etc.

Heather D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Integrates with our Lightspeed Retail and Ecomm Site

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

The experience wasnt without hiccoughs but it is now a welcome and essential tool in our daily business activities. It works especially well in our website launch.

Pros

This straightforward software manages our calendar and is a great facilitator of our classes and private shopping sessions.

Cons

We use several workarounds to make it fit our business, and they took a bit of time, but it was overcome and successful

Claudel B.

Booxi the easy solution

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

It is easy to do for the clients and gives me more time to focus on my work

Pros

That you can control how the appointment are set up,space between the appointment lots of options The customer service is great

Cons

That i cannot block many days in one shot I have to do them separatly

Jill C.

life changing!

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

I don't have to book clients myself and waste valuable time on the phone

Pros

Convenient and easy to use. Whenever I have questions or concerns the staff is always there to help.

Cons

I wish you could do your own text blast with the software. It would be way more convenient. Other then that I have been extremely happy and will continue using.

Melyssa H.

Really easy to use for both therapists and clients. Simple set up and changes can be made...

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

It's very affordable for new business owners. Also easy to set up and make changes. Clients can pick their own appointment times which makes a better overall experience for them.

Cons

Not much real. It is really well designed. I would prefer to have an easier way to book days off that are normally open.

Katherine G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Really like it, sooo easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

I realised i was on my cellphone all day long, using booxi changed my life!

Pros

I’m doing eyelashes and my clients just need to go to my link to take an appointement. They find it easy too

Cons

At first, to set all of the feature it was something, but they helped me it was wayyy easier that way

Susan B.

It is a great alternative to the pricier scheduling systems

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Price/ease of use. Ability to use it on my phone or laptop. Customer Service is great. Easy to set up

Cons

I miss having reports, I would like to track room usage, staff availability and income earned. I would also like to be able to easily identify who booked online or via person

Jonathan L.

Great

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Pros

It made my life easier. Online scheduling is easy and customizable.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to notify clients if I have a cancellation, so they can take the empty spot if they want.

Guy R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great. Easy to use. A step ahead over the competition. Fast booking. Good feeling when using...

Reviewed on 2017/06/04

New customers.
Fast rentability.
More competitive.
Less time on the phone.
Competitive advantage.
Give us more visibility.

Pros

We are getting new customers.
Less phone calls during the day.
A feature that competitors do not have.
Give us more credibility and notoriety.
Do not have to confirm appointments.
Customers like to book by themselves at any time.
Give the feeling to customers that our business is ahead over the competitors (modern way to book).
A good way to get young customers and men.

Cons

Many accounts for the same user (duplicates).
Customers have to confirm many times when they want many services at the same time.
Some customers do not get the fact that they have to confirm at the end of the process.