Square Invoices

4,4
4,4
Amelia D.
Industry: Hospitality

Overall a great software that is extremely user friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

What I like most is how simple and straight forward the user face is to use for myself as a business owner to send invoices and for my customers to pay with.

Cons

What I like least about this software is its reporting. It is very minimal and not accurate. It is nearly impossible to a report for specific days and get correct totals. It should be as easy as "how much money did we make yesterday" but Square Invoicing does not have the feature.

Dan Z.
Industry: Facilities Services

I depend on Square Register

Reviewed on 2016/07/23

There are several features I need to make my business effort easier. I certainly need to spend less time with collecting money than I do making it.

Pros

Love the online invoicing capabilities it has so far.
Love the phone app so far.

Cons

Relationship between app and online web access need major connection improvements.
Editing capabilities of the line item in invoice statement need to be editable.........

Michael p M.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

We were looking for an app just like this

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Pros

We had used many invoice apps, and nothing did everything we needed until Square came out with their Invoice app. For starters, it is quick and easy to use, super fast to fill out an invoice. Once filled in, review and send in matter of seconds. You will be notified if the customer pays, if not, you can quickly send a reminder, and if they fail to pay by the due date, you will receive notification again. Keeps a running tab of total amount of invoices sent, what has been paid and what is still due. Super easy to customize with your own logo, and keep customer credit card on file for future purchases. It only takes a second to resend receipts and cancel invoices also. Highly recommended.

Cons

The only thing I can come up with, and I am being nit-picky here, is it would be nice to be able to swap out different logos for different projects. Not a HUGE issue though.

Annie M.

Recurring payments could be smoother

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

I'm able to charge my clients for services at a cost less than other merchant services.

Pros

I do like the ease of check out at the terminal, however, it would be nice if there were a way to just charge a tip without a purchase--for the monthly autopay clients. It seems to be the best system I have used besides the invoice issue.

Cons

I have members who are on auto-pay. Square has an invoice system that the client has to click pay and save card to file. If the card is not saved they will have to click pay again when the invoice is sent next month. They also charge more for this type of payment. In today's world of technology there are much better ways to handle auto payments.

Erin W.

Easy way to get paid by your customers!

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

I set Square up using my mobile phone on public transport. They make it very easy to get started. I like how once everything with my bank was arranged I could tailor the invoices look and content to suit my needs. As an individual entrepreneur it suits my needs perfectly for ad hoc payments from my vacation rental guests.

Cons

I wish I was able to manually key in CC numbers without needing to have a CVC or a postal code. As far as I can tell if I have the customer's CC number there's no way I can send the invoice as a kind of receipt and have it already marked as "paid". Perhaps it's just a weird edge case though that I do that sometimes...

Angela L.

So far, the best I've found

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I really appreciate Square having invoices that are customizable and attractive to the customers. They just recently added a few new features to the invoices that I have wanted for almost 2 years, so I am thrilled to see the nice changes made to make it even better.

Pros

I can customize how my invoices look and how they are worded.

Cons

No complaints so far now.

Ariel M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to use, not enough features available on the mobile app

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/12/05

We are able to send invoices to customers so easily and have the customers be able to pay them with ease as well. It's really a great system!

Pros

I love how easy it is to create an invoice in a matter of minutes! The invoices also look really nice without having to customize a whole lot.

Cons

On the mobile app, there isn't an option to request shipping address when creating an invoice. That is a major downside to how we use the system and would a really nice feature to have in the future. It would also be nice to be able to create invoice templates to be used on the mobile app.

Rick M.
Industry: Hospitality

Great Product! Makes my life much easier.

Reviewed on 2016/07/25

The program is thorough and very easy to use, and it keeps track of the outstanding invoices that I have.

Pros

It's ease of use.

Cons

The customer list duplicates customer names, and you have to go in and delete duplicates every so often.

Kyla O.

Great, Easy Way to Get Paid!

Reviewed on 2017/01/09

I've been using Square invoices since they launched. I run a product-based business and using the invoice feature at wholesale trade shows has been amazing! I use the program on my iPad so I can quickly scroll through products with a buyer and select the items for their order. Since a lot of wholesale orders are not paid upfront, I can send the invoice in an email to be paid at a later date. I can easily edit the orders after the show and send reminders as the due date approaches.
On the buyer's end, the process is really simple. They receive an email with the itemized order and your customized note. With a click on the "Pay" button, they can quickly enter their payment information and submit--no need to sign in or create an account.
I loved that the processing rate for invoices was the same as running a credit card in person, but unfortunately, the rate increased in fall 2016. Because of that change, I direct customers to place orders through my online store instead, but I still can't beat the ease of use in the busy trade show setting, so I will continue to use invoices for that.

James B.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: Self Employed

Money Saving

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

I like the invoices because it saves me time and money . It's like 1,2,3 , boom get pay . Fast & secure

Pros

It save me time and money . I can work on other stuff why getting pay .

Cons

Great software don't dislike anything about it

Sarah W.

Amazing Perk of Square

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Square Invoices. All you do is put in the customers name and email, and the $ amount and then you can either email it to them, or even more conveniently you can copy a link to the invoice and text that to them. I use the texting feature most often these days.

Cons

The only aspect of Square Invoices that I would like changed is that they require you to put in an email address even though the invoice can be shared via text. It's an extra step to have to ask for the clients email address even though I end up texting them anyway. Hopefully that will change.

Catherine K.

I' use square invoices for my catering business. I' find the ease of use excellent

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

I' like that I' can use it on my mobile phone and send invoices directly to my clients which they can then pay immediately.

Ardavan J.
Industry: Management Consulting

Needs Some Tweaks

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/07/28

So far it does everything as advertised. Makes our recurring billing a breeze, as we had been waiting for this feature for the past 4 years and finally its HERE!!!!

Pros

Ease of use and organization.

Cons

- Doesn't allow me to delete erroneous / stopped recurring billings in the system, so every day I have to see them and can't get rid of them.
- I wish it had a "chasing" feature so if someone misses recurring payments, the system would automatically send reminders every X days until it is paid.

LOVE this software!

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

With the type of invoicing we do as a social media marketing firm, Square supports our needs. It is quickly, easy to use and keeps us highly organized and looking professional

Cons

I would like to have more options for invoice designs. I found them to be a bit limited - but definitely not a "con" that would stop me from using this software.

Neal I.

Simple to use. Great for scheduling invoices and accepting payments

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

ease of use. Simplification of our billing process.

Pros

Easy to use. Eliminates the need to collect credit card numbers from clients and enter in payments manually. Much more secure and clients seem to like it too.

Cons

Clients can store their billing information for future purchases. However, there's no way for them to apply a gratuity for bills automatically paid in this way. Then it necessitates an awkward conversation to ask for a tip.

Patricia H.
Industry: Retail

Great solution for my small online business

Reviewed on 2016/07/23

I have been using Square invoices to collect payments for my online jewelry business since they were made available. I find Square to be so dependable that I dropped my individual merchant account and Paypal, using Square exclusively.

Pros

If you follow good business practices and keep good documentation Square will back you up in case of charge back attempts. Money is deposited into your checking account quickly.

Cons

Received notice that invoice rates will go up in September to the same rates charged by Paypal.

Caitlin K.

Affordable, Clean Design, User-friendly & Professional

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

Square invoices has really improved the way I track and receive money from clients. It's highly professional, takes less than a minute for my customers to pay me, and I love that you can also schedule payments, leave custom messages, and customize with my company logo. It's also nice to be able to take payments on site with the square reader plugin for my phone (with the app) that they sent to me for free!

Cons

The time it takes to deposit funds into my account takes slightly longer than I've experienced with Quickbooks, but other than that it has been great.

Erin W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: Self Employed

Extremely helpful

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

As a therapist with many young adult clients from out of state, Square invoicing allows me to bill my client's parents and keep track of payments with ease. My only complaint is the higher cost Square charges for invoices and card on file, but with the ease of use it is worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, helpful

Cons

Cost

Kenneth S.

Works great. Has allowed us to make a lot of money.

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Allowed my store to make money it otherwise wouldn't have.

Pros

It's easy to use. I can bill a customer anytime from anywhere from any device and I am.only charged a flat fee.

Cons

There really isn't any downside to using Square Invoices. If I had to come up with something I would say the fee for Invoices could be a little less.

Jenny D.

So Easy and Convenient for Customers

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

One of my main reasons to begin using Square at my company was to be able to send invoices that can be paid online by my customers. Square Invoices makes that so easy'especially now if the customer has a recurring invoice, they can save their card to use next time. I can't recommend it highly enough, it is just so easy to use, customize, send out and above all, extremely easy for customers to pay and receive a receipt automatically.

Caleb T.
Industry: Wireless
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Not a very good one, had to Look for alternatives.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

I liked the fact that you can create an invoice with payment processing integrated into it. You cannpersonalize your invoice and send with ease.

Cons

My experience was very bad! I run a website that offers services to my users and wanted to Move away from Paypal, however it was not a good experience. After my first sale, Square canceled my account and closed it, locking up my funds. It was weird because I refunds customer for What ever circumstance and Square in their infinite wisdom decided that I was Too risky. How?

Yardyne D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

New Day Review

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

So far, no problems. I really like Square, the software and will recommend to other small businesses.

Pros

It's easy to use.

Cons

None so far.

Katherine B.

Square Invoices

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/07/24

With invoices, I can bill a customer for a deposit without being in front of them. They can enter their payment information directly and it is secure; and it does not cost me as much as an entry I key in directly.

Pros

The customer does not have to give me their credit card info over the phone.

Cons

I have trouble getting to the invoice part of the website. It seems like I get there a different way each time.

Amber H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Love this feature!

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

I love this feature. It makes my life so much easier! The cost of it is not to high but completely worth the money.

Pros

The ability to save customers, chose to send now or later, picking the due date those are all nice.

Cons

If I could add new items from the invoice page that would be extremely helpful! Also the mobile version of adding invoices from my phone is a pain and doing it from my iPad isn't easy either.

Juliusz D.
Industry: Restaurants

Great invoices by square

Reviewed on 2016/11/06

I have my whole restaurant supported with Square, and most importantly by square invoices. I can see my restaurant's daily earnings

Pros

The detailed statistics, all mailed to me, and printable