Kangarootime Reviews

Kangarootime

Mobile care center management

4.4/5 (19 reviews)
Lynda M.

Kangarootime has helped to free some of my time since I don't have to make sign-in sheets every week

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

I find Kangarootime user friendly and once you learn how to operate it, it's pretty easy. I like the fact that all the children are assigned into classrooms, so I know who is here and who is absent. I also like the fact that the company is always improving functions and making it easier for everyone to use.

Cons

When you are on one page and need to go to another, it is difficult to go back and at times you have to start from the beginning. We should be able to go back and forth, from page to page with out being dumped out of the system.
In the messaging area I would like the parent to be assigned to a child especially if they have a different last name.
In the afternoon the teachers stay on the main rooming page as, they are responsible for check out for all the children and you don't see when any new messages come in.
If parents don't request check in or check out, we don't know if that child is here until we are in our separate classrooms or ready to go home.

Lailanie J.

Kangarootime and their staff has made our transition smooth and comfortable! We are big fans!

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

As a director, I love that I have access to the families information, who is in school that day, what teachers are there, can message families, etc. all remotely. I dont have to rustle through paperwork or interrupt the teachers teaching for information that I can easily look up. The time/date stamps for attendance, the family info, the messaging everyone at the same time are my favorite features and has saved me time.

Cons

That a child cannot have another person's guardian on their pick up list. That has been a frustrating issue for parents and teachers, and have had to resort to signing original paperwork in the meantime on those occasions.

Response from Kangarootime

Hello Lailanie!

The guardian issues will soon be resolved! Please make sure that you reach out to our customer success team to show you the MASSIVE updates in the Hopper. We have implemented the 'Education' 'Developmental' and 'Cognitive' milestones. Hope all is well!

Dawn W.

We ​LOVE Kangarootime!

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Saves time and paper with daily reports. Electronics payment options for parents.

Pros

We like that there is no more paper shine reports. Parents can see all about their child's day in email and on the app. Also, being able to see where the children are and tracking ratios make it easy to make staffing decisions. We love the customer service provided. They are quick to answer questions and constantly developing improvements. They listen to our suggestions to try to meet the needs of our unique center.

Cons

Billing, Plans, Invoices all require lots of steps that ​we hope will be more streamlined​ soon​.

Response from Kangarootime

We're always glad to receive customer feedback, thank you Dawn! We've updated the filtering options and usability of messages, but we're always continuing to improve these features with customers like you in mind!

Christina M.

I have enjoyed the software and the switch over.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

It is mostly a time saver and parents love being able to pay online

Pros

I like having all of the parent communication piece and my management piece in one software. like being able to look at what the teachers are inputting.

Cons

Not having the Employee section ready and not having the Federal Food Program forms ready. Right now not being able to sumbit this form

Response from Kangarootime

Christina, Thanks so much for the review. Employee section and Food Report automation will be here before the end of the year! Thanks so much for being the best!

Chelsea Z.

My overall experience with KT has been great! I enjoy working with the program.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Kangarootime is a great tool to use for childcare facilities! It helps our center stay organized and simple.

Pros

I like the feature where all the child information is easy to access quickly. Also, the employee features where staff can clock in without having to sign in every time. Its much more convenient for teachers who are in a hurry to get to class. The Development and Support teams always get things done quickly and are very helpful.

Cons

KT phone App does not always work and tends to be frustrating to parents.

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks for the feedback, Chelsea! We have made several updates to the parent app recently and we're continuing to improve it even more! We can't wait to release the staff schedule feature!

Annette M.

Hands down, the best customer service team. Any issues are quickly and effectively handled.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

The tuition payment tracking capability as well as the ability to stay connected to our parents throughout the day are the two greatest features of this program. The extra security that the check in and check out feature provide are invaluable. I am very happy with the decision to stay with Kangarootime - we did research other child care management software when taking over this facility and felt that this one best suited our needs. The customer support has been outstanding.

Cons

Hearing from parents that they are unhappy about the credit card surcharge is what we like least about this program.

Response from Kangarootime

Annette, we are so honored to have you as a customer. This one one our first 'resales' where we transitioned to a new ownership team. Thanks for being so mindful with everything going on in your new business. Please let us know how we can add to your NPS (Net Promoter Score) as that is our obsession to assure that you delight the families you serve.

Thanks,

Steve L.

Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers.

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Empowering my teachers to be responsible for teacher/child ratios, communicating with parents, and documenting cool things that happen each day.

Pros

Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers and strive to improve the software to meet the needs of my center. Many issues have been fixed or improved within 7 days which is really fast in the software world.

Cons

Waiting for more great features! I know they work very hard and things are improving very quickly but its hard to wait when your business doesn't wait for you.

Jenna H.

Life Changing

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

I love how easy my job is now that I'm using Kangarootime! Everything I have to do as an Administrator is fast and easy and accurate - from billing to reporting and the in-classroom portion is amazing. I love that I can log on from anywhere and see exactly what my ratios are in the entire center, even when I'm home sick. This software changed my life and my staff and parents LOVE it. I have an edge on my competition now that I'm using this.

Response from Kangarootime

Jenna, Thanks so much for the feedback!

Tara K.

Super user friendly software and amazing customer support

Reviewed on 2017/08/26

Pros

I like that I can check in on my school at any time from anywhere. Parents love the daily reports and personal photo galleries. Teachers love how quickly and efficiently they can enter info throughout the day.

Cons

Every once in a while when the company makes updates the software temporarily messes up the next morning and can be unusable for an hour or so until they fix it. I will say the customer service is amazing and any hiccups are fixed extremely quickly

Response from Kangarootime

Tara, we appreciate the review!

Melissa A.

We are so happy with Kangarootime and it's customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

What I like most about Kangarootime is the amount of information we are able to share with the parents on a daily basis.

Cons

There has not been anything that we like least since we have been using Kangarootime. Any questions we have come across, the kangarootime team has been amazing in answering them and guiding us.

Leigh M.

It's a wonderful tool to connect with others!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

The ability to digitally communicate with clients/parents/coworkers, upload and store photos, and share special milestones

Cons

There are some bugs to work out from time to time but their customer service team is very responsive and always willing to take suggestions

Response from Kangarootime

Leigh,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are REALLY excited to show some of the new features and look forward to the continued feedback.

Valarie P.

What an AMAZING company to work with!! Customer Service is top notch and software is the best!!!

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Pros

As the owner of a center I love the billing feature and I can control everything right at my computer!

Cons

There is nothing negative that I can say at all. I all love Kangarootime and everything it has to offer our center!

Kangaroo Time has changed how we communicate with parents

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

I love that I can digitally communicate with parents throughout the day to send photos, anecdotes, and reminders. It has changed how we communicate with them and eliminates all of the unnecessary paperwork.

Cons

There are still some bugs to work out but I can see that the team is working hard to make improvements

What we've been waiting for

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

I was thrilled to find out that there was a program out there that managed all things childcare. I am looking forward to new features which will improve an already amazing and efficient program.

Pros

Easy to use, all management tools are in one place,

Cons

App freezes if I accidentally hit the "back" button on my phone instead of the "X" when trying to exit the picture gallery, I do not get notifications when my children's teachers send new messages (I typically just happen upon them a day or so later), and it is 100% impossible for me to find a way to delete a guardian; I have been looking both on the app and on a computer browser for 2 days, and am now waiting for a call back from customer service.

Scott L.

Excellent from the start! Great customer support!

Reviewed on 2017/08/26

Went paperless

Pros

This software has everything I need all in one site. The daily reports and the tracking of children is by far the best I have seen out there! I researched many companies and kangarootime was the most user friendly and best deal out there!

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks so much Scott!!!

Functional and useful to a parent

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

I was able to see pictures and access my child's whole day with the click of a button.

Pros

I like that the app and the website have the same set up and system functionality. It was easy as a parent to use the system, once I was set up into it. Payments were a breeze in the system, as well. The check in system was helpful and secure.

Cons

The pictures would glitch and freeze in the app, even when properly updated. On the website version of the software, once pictures were in the system for more than a week, they were unable to be opened.

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks so much for your review! The parent app is undergoing so very exciting changes and will provide you with some AWESOME functionality very soon. We are always so glad to hear from our parents and our goal is to bring you a connected experience. Please reach out to our customer success team any time!

7.0/10

A Step Down from Previous App

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Pros

It's slick looking and has all of the pieces you'd want as a parent of a child in daycare. Photos, notes, messages, check in/out

Cons

No notifications other than messages. Other apps will allow push notifications for all updates provided by the facility and this one doesn't. Also, on the activity feed, there is no time stamp. It rounds up/down to the closest hour (e.g. "about an hour ago") instead of saying "38 minutes ago" which is pretty useless when I need to know when the next meal or nap is due.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! We totally understand your need for exact timing on your child's activities, so be sure to check out the "Daily Reports" section through the left hand menu where you can view your child's day with timestamps listed next to each entry. As for the notifications, we'll add some more customization in the future so you can choose what actions will alert you. Our goal is to create something that will fulfill everyone's needs, so thanks again for the feedback and feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for any other questions about the new app!

2.0/10
Breanna B.

have only been using this app for a couple months and I love it

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

The real time report reports and the way the parents can communicate through messenger. Every parent has told me how much they like this app

Cons

Cant drag and drop :) its taking me a while to remember to click on the steps that I want but I will get use to it

Keely S.

It was hard to work at the beginning with check ins but over time we got it down pack.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/09/18

we did away with the paper and the signing in daily.

Pros

That we are able to contact all of our parents at once with the email application. Also that we are aware of when and what children are arriving.

Cons

That you need to log out every time you need to go to a different part of the program. And that only one person can be logged in at once.

Response from Kangarootime

Our customer success team was able to work with the staff at Precious Lamb to improve their usability, thanks for letting us know that the staff needed a bit more training on the system! You guys are awesome customers!