Kangarootime Reviews

Kangarootime

The leading all-in-one childcare management software.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

This is a great product that has helped make communication with the parents much easier through the messaging app. Parents have also been paying at a faster rate due to being able to pay without having to be on site.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It gave us a way to communicate with our parents efficiently and effectively. The parents are able to see how their child's day has been as it's happening in the classroom. Collecting payments from parents has become easier since everything is done through the app and they receive invoices daily. As a administrator of three sites I like being able to see what is happening at all three locations while not having to be on site.

Cons

While in the rooming setting it is often hard to see the child's pictures in each classroom. It would be nice to have those enlarged. We would also like to have the guardians face flashing on the child instead of the bouncing kangaroo so we know exactly who is picking up the child without having to take a couple extra steps.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Rebecca - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear that we've helped your center with collecting payments and communication with your parents. We shared your feedback about the rooming with our product team. If you have any additional feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Laura
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Using Kangarootime over the past several years has streamlined collecting tuition in a timely manner. From lackluster payments that run several months behind all the way up to the end of school in June, we now (in December) are completely collected for our 2019-20 tuition.

Pros

Kangarootime maintains records - from financial to children/family files & attendance in one streamlined package. Because it is maintained in the Cloud, it is much more secure than paper documents in a physical location; however documents scanned & uploaded can be easily retrieved & printed by both school administration & parents.

Kangarootime is not a finished product. It continues to grow & change to accommodate users' needs.

Cons

Because Kangarootime was initially created for Daycare facilities, the billing structure is a bit different that the way our 10 month nursery school program bills. We have, however, managed a work around & the Support Staff are FANTASTIC!

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Laura - Thank you so much for writing a review for Kangarootime. We are thrilled to hear that we've helped your streamline your school's tuition collection and also helped maintain your records. We are also very happy to hear our customer service team has been helpful! If you have any feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Dellisha

Good foundation with work to be done

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Pros

I like the ability to see the amount of children in the building and the amount of children enrolled.
As well as the ability to take pictures.

Cons

I don't like how outdated this software seems.
I compare to tadpoles and I like that Tadpoles is particular with the tablets that can be used for their software and the tablets take phenomenal pictures. The quality of pictures sent home are a disappointment.
I do like the way the pictures come out when teachers log into Kanagrootime from their phone. I just feel like the software is so outdated. I always think that when it comes to billing there's no way to fix a mistake. No easy way. I think it's silly to have to "credit" or add line instead of delete a billing mistake.
I don't like how glitchy the app is. If I look through my gallery and keep scrolling it crashes.
I don't like how I have to explain to parents to view the breakdown of their billing on the browser because the app does not offer it.
If a child is "tagged" in a photo with other children (group photo) that photo shouldn't be able to be downloaded. That's another thing I love about Tadpole and how up to date it is with technology. as a mother, I would be very upset if someone posted my child on their social media without my consent.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Dellisha - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate the candid feedback about our software and have shared it with our product team. We're always open to feedback and incorporate it into our design process. I'm excited to share that a lot of your recommendations will be included in our update that will be released next year. If you have any further feedback you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Jeremy
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great partnership

Reviewed on 2022/12/20

Pros

Customer service is top notch. We have enjoyed working with the KT team and look forward to our continued partnership. The platform is simple to use for the end user. The apps work great and the reporting is better than any we have seen.

Cons

There have been some hiccups as we work on making the system work for us. However, KT's customer support has worked with us nonstop on addressing any concerns we have.

Jumbula

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

Better data reports and overall features.

Reasons for Switching to Kangarootime

Jumbula refused to work with us. They were to slow to answer questions and said they wouldn't make any adjustments we needed to use the platform.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jeremy, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate AlphaBEST's partnership and support. With your help and feedback, we're able to make a beautiful product for centers. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Our team is here to help! Thanks again! - The Kangarootime Team

Daria

Kangarootime Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Kangarootime has been easy to navigate as far as invoices and billing. The team that we were set up with to launch the app for our school was phenomenal and responded quickly. The PDF files of "How-To" for Kangarootime that were provided for us to share with new families were very helpful as well.

Pros

This software has features that allow childcare centers to communicate with families as well as send pictures of their children.

Cons

The app does not notify families when a photo has been sent and our teachers find it difficult to manage the "rooming" feature. The function of tagging children in photos seems to be more difficult and has more steps than other apps that I have used in other daycare centers.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Daria - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear our invoices and billing are easy to navigate, and that our customer service has been so helpful. We will share the parent communication feedback with our product teamif you have any additional feedback in the future, please reach out to us!

Jennifer
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Saint Francis

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

The one great benefit we have experienced is the automatic charging of the accounts. We used to have to charge the accounts each week.

Pros

I like that we can send mass emails to all of the parents at the same time, the children's dailies can be sent electronically, pictures can be taken of the children for the parents to see daily, can keep an up to date account of the parents tuitions.

Cons

Our parents have had some issues with the app and setting up their accounts. We have also had issues with the charges

brightwheel

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

We switched so that we could use less paper and go green.

Procare Solutions

Reasons for Switching to Kangarootime

Easier to use and had all of the elements we were looking for

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that we've made parent communication and charing of the accounts easier for you! We will share the feedback about parents setting up the accounts and charges with our product teamif you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Frances

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Amazing!

Amazing!

Pros

That it is all inclusive for out industry. Billing, daily reports for children, employee time cards, etc.
The customer service is fantastic. I really love this program!

Cons

I don't have any cons about this software. The cons that I did have they have corrected or are in them process of fixing.

Lillio and brightwheel

Reasons for Switching to Kangarootime

All inclusive program as mentioned above and the customer service.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Frances - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the billing, daily reports and time cards have been helpful to your centers. We also love to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you! If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Pamela

KangarooTime Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Overall our experience has been good.

Overall our experience has been good.

Pros

The excellent customer support we always receive. And the fact that they take our ideas and implement them the best they can.

Cons

Invoices don't go through like they are supposed to on some families. Which causes frustrations.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Pamela - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear you've had a good experience with us and that our team has been responsive to feedback. We will take your input about invoices and share it with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, feel free to share it with us!

Staryl
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Everyday Use

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

My overall experience with Kangarootime has been great. It is the best one that I have used so far. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

I use the childcare aspect of the software. It is easy to use once you know how it works. The communication between the parents and teachers is wonderful. It's easy to use especially for the parents. Billing is easy to use also. I like seeing the centers and which children are in the room and how many. It's very helpful. Signing in for the day is easy and if someone forgets to punch in or out, it's easy to correct. All the different features are easy to use and very helpful. If I'm not sure how to do something Kagarootime does respond in a timely manor.

Cons

The scheduling app is not that friendly. But it is getting better. Also it doesn't update quickly when checking in/ out children, I'm always refreshing it.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Staryl, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear you like the parent communication, billing, and check-in features we offer. Our customer support team is always here to help with any additional feedback you may have. Thank you again!

Jessica

Kangarootime Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Billing is very difficult and using the system in our classrooms is difficult.

Billing is very difficult and using the system in our classrooms is difficult.

Pros

up to date with the times, billing automatically goes onto the statement, when a payment is done online

Cons

you have to click on every single icon to get to an account, change an account, it is not on the same screen and makes it difficult to input information. It is very tedious and time-consuming. Our other software was very easy to utilize, we could see the charges, account details, all on one page.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate your candid feedback about the challenges you have with the software. We have shared this with our product team. We're excited to share that we have some exciting updates for next year that will improve the user experience. If you have an input you would like to share in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.

Rebecca

Everything in One!

Reviewed on 2022/09/29

Pros

Kangarootime makes daily operations easier. I can check attendance to see how many kids I am expecting. Staff and parents can communicate during the day through the messaging app. Multiple people can be included in a message through a feature to message an entire classroom or the entire center! Billing is done right through the app; parents setup automatic payment through their bank account or credit card so weekly all I need to do is verify the charges. Parts of billing can be confusing like when charges for next week are visible to the parent. It is easy to identify children with allergies because a yellow ring appears around their "face". Parents can put contact information into the app which makes it easier for staff to contact parents.

Cons

I wish the messages part of the software could be organized, for instance sort messages into different folders; or filter by date or classroom or search word. It is time consuming to sort through an inbox to find what you are looking for.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Rebecca, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad you enjoy the all-in-one functionality of our platform. We love hearing how you use Kangarootime to communicate with families and make billing easier. Thank you for the feedback on our messaging feature. We're always looking to improve! Our team is here if you need anything or have any additional feedback. Thank you again!

Katie

Kangarootime Review from a previous teacher, now Assistant Director

Reviewed on 2022/02/03

I love being able to communicate everything that we did for the day for each child; whether it's care or educational based. There are a few other "shortcut" options I would love to see, but overall I appreciate having a program that has many options to show the parents the quality care we provide!

Pros

I really like that you can tell the parents everything about their child's day, daily! It's nice to be able to communicate with them using the messaging portion of the app as well.

Cons

There are some aspects of Kangarootime I would change. For Education: When uploading pictures, it would be nice to be able to upload more than 2-3 pics at a time. Also, I would love to see more "milestone" options to click when observing what they learned.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Katie, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear you enjoy our communication features. Stay tuned as we continue to improve our user experience! Thank you again for your feedback!

Jessica
  • Industry: Accounting

Accounting Perspective

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

We would like Kangarootime integrated with our payroll software in the year 2022.

Pros

User-friendly interface. If the report isn't there, Kangarootime will create it for you.

Cons

There could be more beneficial information in there on a 'dashboard' that pulls metrics on a daily basis. I believe K2 will be able to do this.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Jessica, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear you enjoy our interface and that our team has helped you with reporting. If you have any other feedback in the future, please reach out!

Michelle

An Executive who loves Kangarootime and has all of her centers participating with the...

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

It has been wonderful! The owner of the company is GREAT!

It has been wonderful! The owner of the company is GREAT!

Pros

I LOVE That this program is easy to access and that the staff at Kangarootime are so available to help and assist with any questions, concerns or suggestions that you may have!

Cons

I wish that we were able to move staff from center to center without having them recreate a new account. My understanding is that it will come in Kangarootime.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Michelle, thank you so much for writing us a review! We're glad to hear you've had a good experience using our platform! Our next-generation platform does have the ability to schedule staff across multiple centers. Stay tuned! Thank you again for your review!

Dawn

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Overall my experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and ready to jump in and help when I have a question, concern or suggestion.

Pros

I like that I can set up the billing process and leave it to run everything.

Cons

Pulling reports is a bit trying. Putting in an excel doc instead of just giving info needed. After getting the excel spreadsheet, I then have to manipulate it to get the exact info I need out of all the info it gives me.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Dawn - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime has helped with your billing process and our customer service team has been a great resource for you! If you have any more feedback in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

fallon
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easy to use and learn

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

Pros

inputting information is simple and not time-consuming, the rooming screen makes it easy to know how many children and staff are in attendance and where everyone is. It was easy to implement and start using right away.

Cons

all of the toggling back and forth when looking up information about the children. Having to constantly click back into "families" tab or "admin" tab can get frustrating

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Fallon, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear you enjoy our rooming feature and implementation process! We're continuing to improve our user experience so stay tuned! Thank you again for your review. If you have any additional feedback please feel free to reach out.

Erica

Useful tool

Reviewed on 2022/03/25

We have been using it for a while and enjoy having something that enable communication with families and a way to document all aspects of the children's day. It has been super useful and I know there are many programs suited for what we are looking for but Kangaroo Time works best for us!

Pros

I enjoy the detailed features and the ability to update and edit notes throughout the day. It is fairly easy to use once trained in it.

Cons

I understand the safety and security of the software, but there is a lot of clicking to get to one area. Often times have to refresh the page a few times to get to one area of the program.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Erica, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear our software has been useful at your center. We're constantly working to improve the product so stay tuned for updates! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any feedback in the future. Thanks again!

Samantha

KAngarootime

Reviewed on 2022/02/02

Pros

It makes everyday documenting faster, easier, and very helpful to the parents.
Makes teachers lives easier, and less paperwork!

Cons

It crashes A LOT.
Has great features but not all of them work.
Immunization inputs- too long, too tedious, and too much back and fourth.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Samantha, thank you for writing us a review! We're so glad to hear that our software has made day-to-day tasks easier and saved you time! We're continuing to make updates to improve your user experience. If you have any additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again!

Alicia

Reviewed on 2022/04/08

Pros

I like the ease of looking up children, family information, and all accounts are put together.

Cons

There are options that could be improved or some are missing. Sometimes (especially on the parent end), the software glitches.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Alicia, we appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad our system has made managing accounts easier for your center. We're constantly working to improve the software so if you have any additional feedback, don't hesitate to reach out! Thank you again!

Functional and useful to a parent

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

I was able to see pictures and access my child's whole day with the click of a button.

Pros

I like that the app and the website have the same set up and system functionality. It was easy as a parent to use the system, once I was set up into it. Payments were a breeze in the system, as well. The check in system was helpful and secure.

Cons

The pictures would glitch and freeze in the app, even when properly updated. On the website version of the software, once pictures were in the system for more than a week, they were unable to be opened.

Response from Kangarootime

Thanks so much for your review! The parent app is undergoing so very exciting changes and will provide you with some AWESOME functionality very soon. We are always so glad to hear from our parents and our goal is to bring you a connected experience. Please reach out to our customer success team any time!

Scott Wayman
Founder and CEO

Dawn

We ​LOVE Kangarootime!

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Saves time and paper with daily reports. Electronics payment options for parents.

Pros

We like that there is no more paper shine reports. Parents can see all about their child's day in email and on the app. Also, being able to see where the children are and tracking ratios make it easy to make staffing decisions. We love the customer service provided. They are quick to answer questions and constantly developing improvements. They listen to our suggestions to try to meet the needs of our unique center.

Cons

Billing, Plans, Invoices all require lots of steps that ​we hope will be more streamlined​ soon​.

Response from Kangarootime

We're always glad to receive customer feedback, thank you Dawn! We've updated the filtering options and usability of messages, but we're always continuing to improve these features with customers like you in mind!

Ron-Shanita

So convenient and effective

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

My experience so far overall has been great. It has brought my business into the 21st century and off of pen and paper.

Pros

Before this software, I was tracking attendance, invoices, payments, and parent correspondence by hand on paper. Kangarootime has freed up so much time and energy and made running my business go so much smoother.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable for my specific business. It would be most convenient if there was center app for my business to use because we are an aftercare service and are not in front of a computer a lot. Also, we charge a different rate one day of the week and there is currently no way to customize that and it requires me to manually add the charge every time.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Ron-Shanita - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime has tremendously helped your business! We also appreciate the feedback about customization and will share this with our product teamwe're always looking for ways to better serve our customers and develop new solutions. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out and share it with us!

Cecilia

Kangarootime surve

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Pros

The ability to see who has checked in and when

Cons

Parents have a hard time setting up or editing profiles

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Cecilia - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that the check-ins have been helpful at your center. We have shared your feedback about setting up profiles with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Karley

Kangarootime Changed our Child Care Center!

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Great!

Great!

Pros

Their customer service is incredible! I love the daily notes, online payments, staff timesheets, etc, all being in one place.

Cons

I wish there were a few more ways to customize reports for my accountant.

Response from Kangarootime

Hi Karley, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear that Kangarootime has helped your center! Our team is always here to help in any way we can. Don't hesitate to reach out!

Annette

Hands down, the best customer service team. Any issues are quickly and effectively handled.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

The tuition payment tracking capability as well as the ability to stay connected to our parents throughout the day are the two greatest features of this program. The extra security that the check in and check out feature provide are invaluable. I am very happy with the decision to stay with Kangarootime - we did research other child care management software when taking over this facility and felt that this one best suited our needs. The customer support has been outstanding.

Cons

Hearing from parents that they are unhappy about the credit card surcharge is what we like least about this program.

Response from Kangarootime

Annette, we are so honored to have you as a customer. This one one our first 'resales' where we transitioned to a new ownership team. Thanks for being so mindful with everything going on in your new business. Please let us know how we can add to your NPS (Net Promoter Score) as that is our obsession to assure that you delight the families you serve.

Thanks,