Stamps.com

Online postage purchasing & shipping label printing solution

Laurie L.

Makes my work go smoothly and uninterrupted by trips to the post office

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

In addition be being an author, I also have a home office in which I do legal typing for attorneys in solo practices, which generates A LOT OF PAPER and correspondence. Stamps.com has consistently saved me time, money, gasoline, and having an horrific meltdown from standing in line at the post office. I'm sure other post office customers are relieved also.

Pros

It's quite easy to use, ordering supplies is simple and they arrive within a couple of days at the most. I especially like being able to print mail on either blank stamps or envelopes, and if necessary, print out parcel post mailing labels. It's also very helpful with keeping an online "meter" of my funds balance and allowing for instantly adding to my funds without having to leave the page. This program is one of the best time savers I use.

Cons

I use two different printers: an inkjet for printing individual stamps and a laser printer for printing the postage on envelopes, so I have to be careful to make sure the correct printer is indicated for the proper function. Not much of a problem, though, and everything else far outweighs this minor annoyance.

Alexander B.

Do not use Stamps.com for Express or any international shipping

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

I do not recommend using stamps.com for:
USA domestic shipping, since USPS provides good enough online experience for that.
International shipping, since stamps.com is 3-4x slower for delivering packages with higher prices.

Pros

It's quite convenient to manage shipping orders there, including customs declarations.
Interface is intuitive enough to work through it.

Cons

First, it's SLOW in delivering packages. To compare stamps.com with using USPS directly, I had the following experiment.
The same package by weight, size, origin and destination address I have shipped at the exact same date & time at USPS office, and I also dropped to the same USPS office the package with the label printed by stamps.com.
I used the same 3-5 day Express USPS shipping option on both USPS office and stamps.com.
Now the results.
- I had to pay ~10$ more for stamps.com label.
- it took the package with stamps.com label 10 calendar days to reach JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER before departing abroad.
- it took 1 (one) day for the USPS -official package to get to JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER.

Overall, the same EXPRESS package delivery info:
- stamps.com: 13 days for $86
- official USPS: 4 days for $77

After that experiment I gave stamps.com a benefit of a doubt and repeated the exact same thing again. Shipped the same package again by both, but got the same results. stamps.com delivers packages 3-4x slower than official USPS, and prices are higher by ~12%, and stamps.com also has a service fee of ~$20/month. In my opinion it's an overkill.

I care for my customers, and Stamps.com doesn't. I do not want to use their service again.

Allison S.

cannot live without stamps.com

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

This is essential time saver! If you are still sending an employee to the post office - you are wasting time and tons of money.

Pros

you never need to go to the post office again! Even more valuable during COVID as germ areas are to be avoided

Cons

The plug in that you install - is a little glitchy - I prefer the website which is always functioning and updated.

Monika S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Pros

I got this as a means to save me a trip to the post office for when I'm sending out both packages and letters.

Cons

some of the equipment is a little bulky but otherwise a good set up.

Laura K.

Great option for simple day to day business mailings.

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

This is a great software to use for day to day mailings in small businesses. We can print our own stamps at the office and no longer need to make trips to the post office for supplies.

Pros

They send you a free scale and automatically calculate the cost of stamps for you. They also have a store for purchasing supplies integrated into the system interface.

Cons

Can't think of anything really. This system is pretty simple and easy to use! I guess the only thing that would have been better was if the free scale could weigh heavier items.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Super easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

It's helpful for personal and business packages. We just copy and paste the recipient name and address then weigh and measure the packages and print the shipping labels. They also offer promotional offers for a few dollars worth of shipping which is great.

Pros

Stamps.com makes it super easy to prepare all of our orders in-house so all we have to do is drop off the packages at the post office or schedule a pickup. As a business, you can sign in and it will automatically include the company name and address as the sender too.

Cons

There's really no cons with Stamps.com they have an excellent service and we've never had any issues.

Cher K.

Good Service For Small Business Shipping Needs

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

I’ve had an excellent experience with Stamps.com. This service allows me to print postage and shipping labels from home and Priority Mail is discounted off regular USPS rates. I can log in and see all my shipments, tracking information and delivery dates. The service is also very helpful to me for keeping track of my shipping expenses. Customer service is very responsive when you need them. I’ve never had more than a couple of minutes wait time when I’ve called and the customer service reps are very helpful. I’ve been happy with my experience and Stamps.com helps me ship packages easily and with no hassles.

Pros

Purchasing postage is easy to do and quick. Stamps.com works well for a small home based reselling business. I like that I can log in and view my history to see shipments by date with tracking numbers and relevant information, including delivery dates.

Cons

Not a negative but a caveat for people who are considering using the service. There is a monthly charge for keeping an account active, even if you’re not using it. So you would want to make sure this is the right service for your needs. You need to be regularly shipping mail and/or packages for the service to make financial sense. It's very suitable for a small business.

Jonathan M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Stamps.com is an easy and flexible solution for making shipping labels and similar.

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Stamps allows us to easily prepare shipping labels to send packages to clientele

Pros

Stamps.com really streamlines the process of making a shipping label and makes it absurdly easy to be able to send packages to clientele at a moment's notice without needing to wait in line at a post office or similar. A few clicks and it processes payment for you and spits out the labels you need.

Cons

It's a bit dodgy at times if you have printer issues, so making sure you have a well working printer that's not being used by anyone else at the time is a must.

Saved us lots of time and money!

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Pros

For a long time, we didn't think we wanted to pay the extra monthly fee associated with Stamps.com, but once we did, there was no turning back! For a business that is regularly sending shipments, it will end up saving you so much time and money. It integrates well with eCommerce platforms and we now use it connected with ShipStation and it helps streamline the order fulfillment process perfectly!

Cons

The interface is not the prettiest and we ran into little glitches here and there, but especially now that we use it with ShipStation, it's really a non-issue.

Nicole C.
  • Industry: Printing

can't imagine office life before this program

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

It has made office life so much easier. Not having to go to the post office, being able to print my own stamps and have the Postal worker just pick up my packages/letters daily.

Pros

LOVE that i don't have to go to the post office. LOVE the fact that i can ship anything and print my own postage for it. LOVE that is saves me time, money, effort....

Cons

NOTHING!! This software is easy to use, has numerous options, and inexpensive! If there is anything bad about this...i haven't found it yet!

Ivan R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Come for the Rates, Stay for the API

Reviewed on 2018/12/08

We have used Stamps.com for years without issue, Endecia seems to be more popular among high volume merchants---but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Stamps.com. We still use both platforms internally depending on our needs.

Pros

Great commercial plus rates, feature set, pricing plans. Comes free with Shipstation (owned by Stamps.com)

Cons

The actual stamps.com interface is pretty poor. The service is best used for its API which can be used to create labels in any number of compatible fulfillment and shipping management platforms.

Jenn M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

A solid 4 out of 5 stars all around

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

I've been using Stamps.com since I started my music promotion business 10 years ago, which involves doing a bulk mailing (a couple hundred CDs in bubble mailer packages) about once a month. It's honestly gotten harder to use in that time and I'm less enthusiastic about it than I have been in the past, but I'm still not looking to make a change.

Pros

The biggest advantage of Stamps.com over a postage machine-based service like Pitney Bowes is no equipment rental. Also when I've used those mailing machines in the past, they'd get jammed pretty easily, so I never have to deal with that. Whenever I've had a problem printing, I've gotten a refund right away with no problems.

Cons

Things have been increasingly locked down, I guess with USPS regulations correspondingly locking things down. Can't print what I want as freely as before. I hate having to put in an address in order to print package postage; their formatting does not play well with my excel spreadsheet formatting and I can't be combing through hundreds of addresses every time for line break errors. Also if they offer bulk mailing rates for sending hundreds of packages at once or having a business account, I've never been able to figure out how to access that.

Jim H.

Using stamps.com at the pharmacy

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

Overall I love stamps.com because it makes shipping for our pharmacy so easy.

Pros

I love most that I can print off postage and stamps instantly since we do a lot of different kind of mailing at the pharmacy. You can purchase sticker sheets and print off normal stamps for envelopes as well.

Cons

There really isn’t anything I don’t like about this software. It doesn’t give you any kind of discounts but does save your trips to the post office.

Jeffrey M.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

No need to stand on long lines at the P.O. to send packages. Able to store my mailing list and send with one click.

Pros

Allows me to prepare postage whenever I need to. Never stand on those long line, especially at my local P.O., it is great to walk past everybody and drop my packages in the box.

Cons

I don't have any negatives. The only comment I would make is that the monthly cost is a little high.

Amy O.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Save trips to the Post Office with Stamps.com!

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

Overall I really like Stamps.com. You can print all types of postage easily and save so much time by not having to wait in line at the Post Office.

Pros

I like that there are postage options available on stamps.com that you can't even get on the USPS website. For example, we send books for marketing and we like to send via media mail because it's the cheaper option. The only way I was able to not have to go to the post office and wait in line forever to mail these was to use Stamps.com.

Cons

I think that the monthly fee is a bit pricey because some months we don't use the service as much as others. I would like it better if even we were paying a bit more in postage each use rather than a monthly fee.

Emily P.

Saves time and money

Reviewed on 2019/09/14

My overall experience is favorable. The program saves me time and money.

Pros

Its easy to use and it saves me time and money instead of having to go to the post office all of the time.

Cons

There is really nothing that I like the least about this software. It saves time and money which helps the business.

Diana N.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Stamps.com works for our needs at our Univ. of Calif. research station.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

Stamps.com is very easy to use. If the information and damaged postage materials are submitted correctly, refunds are handled efficiently. Very rare that Stamps.com is down.

Cons

I think the reports feature is cumbersome to use. I can eventually get the report or information I need but I seem to flounder getting there.

Carlos R.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Stamps making the postal service simpler

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

I have used stamps since I started working selling online imports items for a million dollar company and stamps has made my life simpler by showing me the most affordable way to shop an item using the usps.

Pros

Ease of use and how you can track all your usps shipments from one application

Cons

The new update is a bit confusing. I really like the old version

Erica W.

Bring the Post office to you Review

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

We have not made any extra trips to the post office, stamps are cheaper and the time we save using stamps.com make it so we have time to do other things needed in the office.

Pros

I love that I do not have to take multiple trips to the post office throughout the day. This frees up my time to get more important things done around the office.

Cons

I have not had any issues with using stamps.com. I would choose them again because of their great customer service.

Robust and reliable USPS integrator

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

Makes USPS order fulfillment easy. I formerly used Shippo and Shippingeasy, but Stamps is much better at address standardization.

Cons

Had a problem with the desktop software that support was not able to resolve. I believe it was an issue with the .net framework. Otherwise, I never experienced issues.

Radiah A.

Never Run Out Of Stamps

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

We don't send out mail daily but the ease of printing out own stamps makes things so great for us not having to run to the post office.

Pros

I can print stamps right from my desktop?

Cons

This software is very good for our small business no bad words love it.

Griselda P.
  • Industry: Automotive

Stamps.com

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Good. Times saving

Pros

It is very convenient to the employees. Easy to manage and timesaving.

Cons

A discounted price should be offered based on the dollar amt spent

Best For Business (Snail) Mail

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Pros

It is so easy to use and displays different types of types of stamps that the user can use.

Cons

The printing process is a bit tricky and you end up wasting money (just a few cents to $1) for those mistakes.

Gloria V.

THIS SAVES A LOT OF TIME

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Pros

ITS EASY TO USE, I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM GET REFUND OR USING POSTAGE, I USE IT DAILY AND WE SAVE TIME AND MONEY

Cons

NOTHING, I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS SOFTWARE, I DO NOT HAVE ANY DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE AT ALL

Tara C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

great for anyone who ships regularly

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Great service for any ecommerce or ebay/Amazon store owner. Convenient, professional and very user friendly!!

Pros

Excellent service! Discounted shipping, printed right at home or in the office. Software fully integrated with shipping scales and your own customized shipping profiles. Save time and money! Dry

Cons

I have used stamps.com for years and been the only complaint I have is their customer service can he frustrating to work with. In regards to this I have only had to contact them 1 time in 4 years.