Contractor Foreman

Adam H.

Grate software

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

great

Pros

How thorough the software is.And its fantastic price

Cons

I wish that it would keep a email log on the software.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thanks Adam for the review. We do keep a log of all emails sent from Contractor Foreman. You can view the emails that you have sent by going to Company Settings > Log > Email. Also, within each item you can click on the Activity dropdown at the bottom and see the emails sent for that item including delivered/open/click/bounced status. If you have any questions, let us know and we will be glad to help.

Jessica B.

Jr. J

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I think you have a great software with tons of potential and it is very all encompassing, I think you could charge a lot more for the software with some enhancement to the user interface online and in app as well as adding those abilities to time track any type of order but most of all the one thing above all else that keeps you from being able to charge more is the lack of integration training and lack of customer service availability. Other software companies have excellent support and customer service that you can immediately speak to on the phone at the very least all day during business hours if not even at night. The only thing that kept us with you after paying for your program and buildertrend for 3 months was that your software has more functionality. I would gladly pay more for available customer service and personalized training and set up.

Pros

You have a lot of features built into one place.

Cons

Not very user friendly, wording and descriptions for permissions for example are confusing, app user interface could be simplified for field techs, should be able to have a customer with multiple locations and the biggest feature that is missing is the ability to require time tracking on work orders and change orders. Also hate that you cannot create a service ticket with an item from an estimate or sov. Also, hate that you cannot create estimates, invoices, payments, change orders, work orders, po's, bills, expenses or add subcontractors through the project summary unless one has already been created outside of the summary.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Jessica for the feedback. Will you please send me additional details bout the Con's you mentioned? [email protected] It's difficult for a service provider to provide live phone support that is able to answer your call when you answer without charging as much as our providers do. Most of our customers do not need that level of service so we work to keep the price low by offering live chat support and email support even during the evening and weekends.

Calvin H.

I am very impressed with this software and extremely excited to see it help our company grow.

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Very excited that I choose Contractor Foreman.

Pros

The project management tools are amazing.

Cons

It just a lot of information to get use to but it's just the typical learning stages of getting started. It normal.

Response from Contractor Foreman

One of the great things about Contractor Foreman is that you are more likely to grow into it than you will out grow it. We all want to succeed and when we get a point, sometimes the systems we started with no longer meet our needs. Contractor Foreman is different. The price is excellent for smaller and new companies and the features also fit the need of large established companies. This reduces the need to look for alternatives as you move from Residential to Commercial or as you grow and add new employees.

Scott H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great product. Outstanding people behind it.

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Pros

The ability to integrate into QuickBooks is a gamechanger for efficiency and workflow. There are tutorial videos on every page to help anyone who doesn't feel confident with what they're doing. Customer service is quick, responsive, and helpful.

Cons

More analytical data could be built in - the ability to really dig deep into the numbers driving the business.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Scott for the great review regarding the recent UI changes we've made to the apps. We will finish these changes are part of the May update as this will substantially make the app more user friendly for all users. We will revise the Edit mode to show a new Common view that includes the fields used by most people but still providing access to click View All Fields to see the lest popular fields in use. This will allow you to see the most important information on the screen without the need to scroll.

Laura J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Impressed with this program

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

So far so good, but I’m a newbie

Pros

The professional lay out of estimates/cover page/templates etc...

Cons

No emailing through the software. I wish I could track my customers in a way that allows me to see more details about my customers profile so I can market to a select group.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Hi Laura. Thanks for the review. We do provide the ability to email from the system. From each item, click on the Action dropdown and then click View/Email PDF. That will open a popup where you can select the template you want to use and type the message, select recipients, and add the subject. If you are not sending an item, you can click on Menu > Send Email. We track the Sent/Delivered/Open/Clicked stats as well. From within the item click on the Activity dropdown to see the message stats.

Dimitri K.

Good managing program

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Everything is on one platform. I can submit quote invoice and track expenses on one platform

Pros

Very easy to get started Fill in the blancs and it will create a professional estimate, invoice etc.
Time tracking is nice. lots of good construction management features.

Cons

That there isn't a daily report category so I can see what's going on.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Dimitri for the review. We do provide one of the best Daily Log features of any construction management Service. It's not included in the basic plan you have but it is in all other plans. We can enable this for you or we can meet with you and show you how it works.

Brent C.

Lots of Tools to mold your process to a paperless one

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

We are a subcontractor that performs concrete work like curbs and sidewalks. We needed a paperless system that would allow our foreman to fill out daily logs and site information, as well as time sheets. We looked at many programs but none of them had the straightforward basic style of form filling that we needed, and if they did, those programs were $400-$1k per month! Contractor Foreman is, essentially, a construction / contractor management software that streamlines daily tasks. The good part about this program is that it has so many features that any business can mold their current workflow or process to the one in Contractor Foreman by finding the right tools in the application. In my research, NO software does it all, and if you need a program that directly correlates to your current process, then good luck! You're better of designing software yourself. However, if you have some flexibility and want to eliminate all those costly miscommunications and loss of notes, then definitely give CF a try!

Pros

-Easy to setup
-Easy to add records like jobs, employees, and daily logs
-Continually adding new features
-Quick customer service when setting up

Cons

-There are many features which I would like to see added
-Was buggy at first, but all have been fixed now

Riley A.

Daily Usage on Contractor Foreman

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Overall, my experience with Contractor Foreman has been great. While the program may take a little bit to really figure out all the ins and outs as it offers many options and areas to discover, it is an efficient and well ran program.

Pros

I enjoy the easy use of time card tracking and being able to make admin adjustments whenever necessary throughout the day. This app gives you the option of multiple reports to track employee and/or project hours in multiple ways and views which is great for a weekly breakdown on a financial end.

Cons

Whenever there is any issues with the software, the suggestion box is always open and the app itself rolls out updates at Least once a month.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Riley for the great review. The Time Card feature is one of the most important features we offer. We make the process simple for admins and those who normally do not like tech. Our system as a whole (with time cards) is less than what many others would pay another provider only for the time card feature. We have a lot of non-contractors that signup with us just for the time card feature itself. If there is room for improvement, please let us know as we want to continue making it even better.

Emmett K.

A perfect software for a small business

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

I have been extremely happy with this tool. It has changed the level of communication internally and documentation permanently for us.

Pros

I like the way the software is set-up with video tutorials everywhere in the software. If you are unsure about something...just watch the quick video. I also like the layout and the customization it allows. The developers obviously thought of almost everything.

My favourite is the daily reports and how easy they are to create and get out to owners, partners or other people, keeping everyone up to date.

Cons

This is a bit nit-picky, but the pages should automatically save. You have to remember to save each one every time. If you try to leave, it does remind you that you need to save...but it's not me...I mean idiot proof. I'm rushing through and skip this some times and have to go back.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Kelly for the great review. Auto-save is a feature that will enabled in our April update. We understand that things happen that are out of your control (lose of electricity, distraction, internet outage, computer crash, etc) so we see the value in making sure we are saving your work as you make changes. -Steven Gabbard

Andrew P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

what i have been looking for

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

very good

Pros

service tickets lead you directly to time cards

Cons

non customization
at little hard to get used to

Jacob D.

Bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2020/06/04

Complete organization. It's that simple.

Pros

This is exactly what I have been waiting for, it seems. I am in the setup and implementation stage, but I see meat and potatoes and not a lot of fluff, which is exactly what I wanted/needed.

Cons

So far, I would only suggest a little more company branding on the home page/dashboard instead of just the company name, but that's aesthetics only and not function.

Ian M.

What we have been looking for

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

having timesheet, project reporting and statusing all in one platform

Pros

i am a small business owner that runs a electrical contracting company, we have grown and currently use several different platforms to manage our operations, we looked into CF and saw we can have all in one. the price for unlimited was lower than what i spend for all my other platforms.

Cons

the estimating section is a bit weak would like to have at least upload plans so we can do takeoffs

Corinne V.

Fantastic Program

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

Contractor Foreman has been a wonderful way for our company to store all of our jobs and data to keep everyone organized. The price is the best part. We have been using another program the past couple years and paying up to $800 a month to use it. CF has most of the same features so we aren't compromising our productivity and saving us tons of money. Customer service has been phenomenal. There is no wait time to be connected with someone for help. They also provide one-on-one trainings to make sure you are using the program to the fullest potential. Nice people, wonderful program, it's a no-brainer.

Cons

I wish there was an internal way to email so that everyone can see email communication between insurance/customer/coworkers on jobs.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Corinne for the awesome review! Our pledge to you and everyone else is to continue to be the best price option, provide excellent customer service, and to constantly improve the product we provide. We have a great team and we are glad that we have been able to serve and meet your needs and we will continue to do so. -Steve

Karl E.

A good software with a great support team

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to teach your team to use.

Cons

A better way to modify your time cards. By the end of your day, being able to divide up the time you clocked in to different projects and cost codes. (for office use)

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Karl for the review. We are constantly adding new features to the time cards as we know that they are a critical component for many of our customers. You'll see improvements with the upcoming monthly update. As always, please share your ideas with us as we know many of you are switching to us from very expensive time tracking software and we want to make sure your needs are met. -Steven Gabbard

Tammy H.

Just getting started

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Contractor Foreman staff have been very responsive when I've needed help. I watched many videos and they also have been helpful.

Pros

Seems to have most of the features I'm used to with another software.

Cons

I don't know enough yet to answer this.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Tammy for the feedback. With us, when you signup, you lock in the price. So even if the price does go up later, your price stays locked in. That is something that our customers really appreciate as their price never changes based on price increases or as they add more projects to their account.

Angel M.

Construction Management

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

It has everything I need to manage my business.

Pros

This program has everything I need to managed and run my company. Best program and great price.

Cons

Only thing that can better is more customization on company information when printing reports.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Angel for the review - we appreciate it. Our goal has always been to provide the features that most people need and want at a price that everyone can afford. We've done a great job of that and will continue with new updates each month. -Steven Gabbard

Angela M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Free Trial is a great option!

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Pros

The scheduling piece is really nice, I like that it's simple to add tasks and to input projects into it. Document uploading per project is also a great feature, it helps to keep us all in the loop about the details on every project without wasting time trying to chase down answers.

Cons

The Gantt chart is great, but the way it displays on the Calendar is not. We also have been frustrated by the fact that you cannot edit the tasks in the Calendar that have been set up in the Gantt chart, particularly because we cannot view the Gantt Chart in the mobile app, meaning we can't make changes to the schedule easily when we're out in the field.

Grant K.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Well-designed Software for a Growing Business

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Compared to other project management software at this price point, Contractor Foreman is powerful and intuitive. The monthly cost makes Contractor Foreman a viable option for businesses that are on the smaller side of the spectrum unlike some of its more expensive competitors.

Cons

Although the software is intuitive once you understand how things are done, it still takes some time to get used to how all the various moving parts fit together. Plan to take advantage of the free one-on-one training before you get started in earnest with Contractor Foreman.

Oskar M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good software to run the projects smoothly

Reviewed on 2021/01/09

Everything under one roof!

Pros

Ease of customization, quite a lot of useful functions as time tracking, scheduling, budgeting.

Cons

Quick books integration could be easier.

David S.

CF training review

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

So far it has been good, training sessions have been very helpful.

Pros

Scheduling and Customer Portal functions

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to get where you want to go trying to find/edit documents. I'm sure it will get easier as we get used to using it.

Khyati M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Functionality with ease of use

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Pros

we are still at trial level so I am not yet expert of using this software but i found that this software is unique in a way to offer everything that a project in construction will need from management point of view. It offers great functionality for reasonable price and customer service is great. their training videos are at fingertips to play any time you may have questions.

Cons

I feel like there should be more flexibility to customize the dashboard

Shayna J.

Good program

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Great!

Pros

Logical and organized program to help streamline construction process, Estimating, invoicing, and customer database.
Great tool! Customer service is great too! On-like chat and free training help!

Cons

Sight Learning curve but to be expected

Paul C.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Its great to have a browser based solution to utilize anywhere you have an internet connection.

Pros

There are many features all inside of one platform

Cons

Nothing at this time, the software has been very good

Jason M.

Advanced Concept Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Pros

The product is generally easy to use especially if you utilize the free training.We really like the time card feature.

Cons

We have been having glitches with our workers not being able to clock out of projects

Sam C.

TTG

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

So far so good. Challenge will be getting everyone on board to utilize to its potential

Pros

Tracking submittals and coordinating with subcontractors on RFI's, subcontracts, and changed orders. Also doing daily logs and incident reports in the field

Cons

Consistent employee on project time cards for long term time card templates for superintendent to fill out.