Contractor Foreman

4,4
4,7
Ron L.
Industry: Construction

Easy to use, fast support responses, and value for money

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

Price is amazing. Ease of use. Customer support is fast and seem to be eager to assist. What I love the most is I can request/suggest items from the desktop version be added to the mobile version. I have made 2-3 suggestions and I have seen all my suggestions integrated into the mobile version. I have had issues with the software a couple of times. I would create a support ticket with my issues and literally within minutes to just a couple of hours there would be an update pushed for the app and the issue was repaired. This software does pretty much everything you need it to do. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. I tried several different applications and ConstructionForeman is and was by far the easiest to use and delivered alot more bang for the buck!

Cons

All my cons have been addressed so far through updates. I would like to see the mobile version have the ability to do everything the desktop version does as I use my phone for 95% of my business.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thanks Ron - I'm glad to hear that when there have been issues, our team has been prompt to resolve them. We use software services to run our business and understand the frustration when things do not work correctly and support is slow to resolve it. We try to make sure our customers avoid the same delays.

Chuck A.
Industry: Construction

A great upgrade to our management of projects

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Overall, I'm very happy so far with the experience. The staff are very responsive and helpful, and will always look to improve the product with suggestions and bug submittals, and the app being feature heavy is extremely important in our situation.

Pros

- The integration of the whole platform is very good, including externally with Quickbooks Online.
- Ability to do time sheets in the field without separate software.
- Cost codes and cost items that can be used for different jobs, this is huge for us.
- Other fringe abilities, such as sending billing to a different person vs. the customer, and CC'ing multiple folks.
- The apps are really feature heavy for a construction software, many other competitors, the apps are just terrible vs. the web portal.

Cons

- The Service Ticket and Work Order systems don't work that well, and leave us lacking.
- So far I have found tons of bugs in the iOS app, though I will say they try to address them quickly.
- Might seem odd, but can't assign multiple wage rates to the same employee depending on cost code/item. This is huge for contractors that deal with Davis-Bacon wages.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Chuck for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. If you will, send us a list of the suggestion you have for how we can make Service Tickets better. It's one of the most popular features but we get very little feedback about it so we are always looking for suggestions on how we can make it even better. [email protected]

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

John S.

Look elsewhere

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Horrible

Pros

Unfortunately this APP did not deliver as promised. We gave it a try due to a very cheap price. We had nothing but tech problems. We send 12-15 men out per day and everyone of them had glitches, It became more trouble than problems were solved. Don't waste your money. The promise of tech support was met by frustration and defensiveness from tech support. We wrote it off as a loss. Should have spent more time during the 30 day trial. Fail

Cons

Read the fine print. Make sure you cancel. Our card was charged. We contacted contractor foreman the same day. Explained our difficulty and the fact we had not used in 6 months, only refunded 80% FOR ONE DAY !! Scammers

Response from Contractor Foreman

Hi John.

This review is far from accurate. Looking back at your account, you never started a Live Chat session with us. The only support ticket you created said "I have questions" and when we asked you to send us the list, there was no reply. You and Renee scheduled three training sessions with us and were a No Show for each. We were here and willing to help you as we do all of our customers.

At no point do we ever get frustrated if someone reports a problem. We know that if one customer is having a problem, that means others are - so why would we not want to resolve that immediately? No software is perfect but any customer who has ever reported a problem can testify to the swift action we take to duplicate the problem and fix it. Most are fixed in less than 24 hours.

It's unfortunate that this did not work out but we had our hand extended out the whole time awaiting you to arrive to the trainings and to reply to the ticket.

Thank you John.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Toshua B.

I love this

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

That the support team is the greatest and that they really want to help. I wasn't quiet sure the other day when i wasn't getting a response only because i was not going to the right place to ask the question. The software is great and once you get use to the menu it really is a great product. I am so happy that we are getting this for our office. You get very important stuff for a great price. This is not over priced at all compared to others and it gives you more than the other competitors do.

Cons

Not knowing how to copy and paste instead of having to enter the same information multiple times.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Toshua for the great review. We are glad that we can provide a great product and great support at a fraction of the costs that others charge. -Thank you.

Neil L.

Always Improving!

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Contractor Foreman is well worth the investment. I like the constant improvements that the developers are always working on. Customer service is very responsive. I have made multiple suggestions to development and have always received a response whether it be for more info or sometimes, what their plan is to implement my suggestion.

Pros

Contractor Foreman is very customizable. I like that the user can has to do a minimal amount of setup in order to start using the software.

Cons

This is very basic software. Reporting is somewhat lacking but the user has the ability to create custom reports with available data.

Vicky V.

Perfect for remodeling companies

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Communication with my field team improved 100%. Now that they have everything about a project on their phone, this eliminates them having to track me down to ask questions. They have the power to do change orders right on the phone. No need to hold up the project.

Pros

Everything is in one place and the entire team can see the same data at the same time. No more paper estimates, schedules, change orders, time tracking, etc. It is all online.

Cons

I would like to see a more robust CRM where I can track follow-ups better.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thanks Vicky for the awesome review! We will continue to make it even easier for you and your team to stay on the same page. We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Derek D.

Economical Power packed software

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Very supportive training. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very patient and understanding with me to guide me through the process of learning to use the software.

Pros

It was versatile and obviously created to help manage issues in the field.

Cons

Having to do all the learning of how it works

Bryan K.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Great support and product that seems all around great project management from the initial contact from the client to completion of the project.

Pros

Great product. Glad training is done online and provided by US based personnel.
Seems very easy to move around site. I still have a lot to explore. Many of options for training soon after signing up.

Cons

On the IPad app it doesn’t seem as easy to use.

Amy G.

Cost Effective Construction Management Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

We have been very happy thus far with the overall Contractor Foreman experience.

Pros

It's been pretty simple to get up and running with Contractor Foreman. We used another high-cost cloud-based software prior to this and while the functionality is a little different, Contractor Foreman covers all the essential needs at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I would love to see a contract that you can auto-populate fields. I'm hoping they will include this in future releases.

Michelle R.

Small Business Contractor

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Although it is early in using Contractor Foreman, it seems that the customer service reps are very concerned about helping you.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly. I believe someone with very little software experience could learn this software quite easily.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that I cannot have a local backup of our file without downloading.

Jessica B.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Jr. J

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I think you have a great software with tons of potential and it is very all encompassing, I think you could charge a lot more for the software with some enhancement to the user interface online and in app as well as adding those abilities to time track any type of order but most of all the one thing above all else that keeps you from being able to charge more is the lack of integration training and lack of customer service availability. Other software companies have excellent support and customer service that you can immediately speak to on the phone at the very least all day during business hours if not even at night. The only thing that kept us with you after paying for your program and buildertrend for 3 months was that your software has more functionality. I would gladly pay more for available customer service and personalized training and set up.

Pros

You have a lot of features built into one place.

Cons

Not very user friendly, wording and descriptions for permissions for example are confusing, app user interface could be simplified for field techs, should be able to have a customer with multiple locations and the biggest feature that is missing is the ability to require time tracking on work orders and change orders. Also hate that you cannot create a service ticket with an item from an estimate or sov. Also, hate that you cannot create estimates, invoices, payments, change orders, work orders, po's, bills, expenses or add subcontractors through the project summary unless one has already been created outside of the summary.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Jessica for the feedback. Will you please send me additional details bout the Con's you mentioned? [email protected] It's difficult for a service provider to provide live phone support that is able to answer your call when you answer without charging as much as our providers do. Most of our customers do not need that level of service so we work to keep the price low by offering live chat support and email support even during the evening and weekends.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Alec S.
Industry: Construction

A must buy to digitise site processes!

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Brilliant from the start, support throughout, clear pricing structure. Nothing to catch you out. Friendly and thorough support team. Plus great software that receives regular updates based on user suggestions. Makes you feel like you are being listened to and helping develop the software.

Pros

The ability to add multiple users including those outside of are company at no additional cost is brilliant, you can also easily give each user different access settings.
The software is easy to use from the start as it is separated out into different features/processes. That said should you have a problem the support team is brilliant. Contactable via email, live chat and online training with ease, make the most of this as it is all included in the price.
Given we were very much paper based for our processes changing to using Contractor Foreman was simple. But should you be transferring from other platforms this wont be a problem as the CSV upload system works great and templates are provided. Also there are training videos and webinars that pretty much cover all elements should you require any assistance.

Cons

It would be great to have multiple signatures available on the form builder, although aware this is a feature to be added in a coming update.
A file management system would be brilliant so you don't have to re upload documents should you add them to the wrong area. That said aware again this is a feature to be added at some point.
An integrated drawing/plan feature where you can add comment, pin issues etc would be brilliant. again believe this is looking to be added.

David V.

Great Package!

Reviewed on 2020/04/12

Great!

Pros

We needed a system for sharing files: Project contacts, schedules, safety plans, daily reports, progress photos, RFIs, submittals, etc. We tried cloud-based share drives but just had difficulties. Contractor Foreman makes it easy to share files. We use MS Project for scheduling. Many of our clients require us to submit schedules in MS Project. Contractor Foreman's scheduling feature can import and export MS Project Files. Very helpful. Best scheduling functionality with or without MS Project files we have seen after reviewing three other project management systems. Project Foreman's functionality far exceeds our driving need to share files effectively. We are still learning how we can streamline our subcontracting, schedule of values, and invoicing processes. Contractor Foreman allows us to customize templates which we have used for simplifying change orders, and we think we can use templates for warranty and release of claims statements for subcontractor closeout. In short, Contractor is a powerful and versitile project management platform. It is easy to schedule training to get your PM's and Superintendents up to speed with the system. The customer support is outstanding. The guys at Contractor Foreman are fully committed to making thier system the best.

Cons

Contractor Foreman is easy to use but, it is not the easiest system to use on the market. I haven't tried to get a Superintendent to use the system yet but, I think non-computer savvy superintendents are going. struggle. Contractor Foreman's outstanding customer support will be helpful.
There are features that could be improved. There are features that could be included but are not.
I would like to see a customizable daily report that is one page, no tabs. I will suggest that with the Contractor Foreman team. The templates function has a lot of potential for improving current features and adding new features.
included

Tom G.

Comprehensive Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

We chose Contractor Foreman because we wanted ONE program that would accomplish the tasks of the many (6 or so) programs we were using. This software helped to consolidate our efforts and bring our company together in regards to standard operating procedures. We are still in the beginning stages of implementation, however we've been able to run many projects through from start to finish and we are very pleased with the plan.

Pros

This is a comprehensive software, that my company has integrated into everyday use. The aspect I like the most is that it is always improving. The innovators working in the background at Contractor Foreman are constantly seeking to optimize.

Cons

The biggest problem we've had is waiting on the ability to connect with QuickBooks Desktop. At this point the connection is ready and my team just needs to follow the steps.

Jason M.

Contractor foreman 1 year review

We've solved time theft.
It's transformed our estimating and to-do list of estimates and following up with clients.

Pros

I love the time card functions especially since it's been updated. This will save you the cost of the program alone.
Very easy to use and save files and photos to review.
To-do list is great.
We complete projects from 15 - 100k and it's been a great help for us.
Highly recommend this product.

Cons

Geo fencing isn't here yet. Can't wait for that.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Jason for this great review. Geofencing was added in the September update. You can enable it in Company Settings > Time. The range is defined in Project > Details. New features are being added for it including the ability to allow users of certain roles to not be required to be within the geofence area to clock in - such as a supervisor who is away from the job for a meeting about the particular job or buying materials, etc. We will continue to make the time card function even more beneficial and recently added overtime tracking. More features are on the way!

David M.
Company size: Self Employed

Impartial

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

I'm very impartial. I was very impressed at first with my tutorial which made me want to purchase the program, but once purchased I realized that even for small questions it took an hour to get an answer out of someone on multiple occasions that should have been simple "set status to this" or "create an invoice this way for a project." So overall I am not as happy with Contractor Foreman as I expected to be and never would have purchased it for the amount of money if I knew it was going to cause so many issues.

Pros

I really liked the program when I first sat down and did an overview. It seemed like it would be very user friendly and I liked that layout and the abilities of the program.

Cons

The program is extremely picky, one must know exactly how it works or it won't work at all the way one would expect. The program has extreme potential to be so user friendly and it'sjust not. Every Estimate, Invoice, project, ect must be set at certain statuses to do what the program is expected to do. I consider myself fairly tech savvy and could not figure out how to print an estimate without help. With that said, the help is hit and miss. Some people you talk to are very helpful, some seem like they're just as confused as you are and have no idea how the program works which is very frustrating. Lastly, there are multiple ways to invoice clients but there's only one way to do it without messing up financing on the project and to have all invoice items on one invoice. Otherwise everything is screwed up and it is not a simple process at all.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Hi David. Are you sure you were using Contractor Foreman? To print anything, you just click View/Email PDF. Then the PDF opens like a PDF normally would and you can print it. The program is VERY flexible. That is what most people like about it compared to other systems where you have to follow a certain path. Yes, the status does trigger certain actions. While you are building your Estimate and Invoice you do not want it to send to QB or finalize your budget. That is common for any software. We met with Crystal in your office and she quickly understood everything but you haven't responded to any of our request for a free training. We really are here to help. Our employees know the system and are able to help and are not confused. I'll reach out, but let us give you an overview of how the system works and I am certain it will click very quickly for you. You can see from other reviews that the system is very easy to use and support is great. We hope to prove this to be true.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Austin G.

Invaluable

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Revolutionary for my business in every digital way

Pros

Schedule blocking and flow is awesome. So many features and options always does more than you need.

Cons

Occasional crashing of app, needs to be restarted and sometimes the buttons take multiple taps to react which is strange and frustrating but not always

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Austin for the great review. Anytime there is a crash on your end, we get a notification on our end. The development team is able to review the issues and fix the problem and release an update within a day or two. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app so that these issues are not happening. If there is still a problem, email us or click Live Chat and we will make sure it is resolved immediately.

Calvin H.
Industry: Construction

I am very impressed with this software and extremely excited to see it help our company grow.

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Very excited that I choose Contractor Foreman.

Pros

The project management tools are amazing.

Cons

It just a lot of information to get use to but it's just the typical learning stages of getting started. It normal.

Response from Contractor Foreman

One of the great things about Contractor Foreman is that you are more likely to grow into it than you will out grow it. We all want to succeed and when we get a point, sometimes the systems we started with no longer meet our needs. Contractor Foreman is different. The price is excellent for smaller and new companies and the features also fit the need of large established companies. This reduces the need to look for alternatives as you move from Residential to Commercial or as you grow and add new employees.

Michael R.

Excellent Software and Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Great software...the hardest part is to make people use it...

Pros

I like the ease of use and the flexibility of the software. I really like that everything is completely adjustable and if something is missing the development team is really attentive to the suggestions and new options or features. Its always being updated and improved and has a great deal of options and features that are very helpful.

Cons

There are some minor bugs that still need to be polished out. Mostly on the mobile application however it seems that the development team is on top of it so as long as those bugs are presented and addressed to the team, they seem to be worked out quickly. I wanted to have the client portal and when I brought this up, it was already in development. Overall no major complaints

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Michael for the great review. We look forward to releasing the Client Portal in our June update.

Jake V.
Industry: Construction

A lot of features, great support staff

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

It has been somewhat frustrating being so used to how Quickbooks online is setup and functions and then having to try and reprogram my brain to setup all of our systems in this new software's terms. Fortunately the customer support team is extremely responsive and very helpful.

Pros

The ability of being a one-stop shop for all our project management files for our crew foremen is excellent

Cons

Unfortunately for us it seems like this program is more focused on large scale general contractors and is almost too advanced for our needs. Perhaps we will get there over time and evolve with the software to start tracking all the metrics that this program is setup to track.

Matt K.

Finally

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Pros

I am just starting to use the software but so far it is very easy to use. They obviously designed it for the average person to use effectively without a massive learning curve.
The cost is a no-brainer compared to the competition.

Cons

I have not found any yet. Some of the training videos the sound breaks up.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Matt for the feedback. You are right - we did build it so that it would be easy to learn for those in the office as well as the field. Time is money and we want to reduce the time it takes to understand how to use the system. Once someone understands how one module works, the rest of the system is pretty much the same and very easy to use for all skill levels.

Amanda R.

Review- Just getting started

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Everyone has been super helpful. Especially since I am doing all the set up on my own! This is going to help us eliminate a lot of paper!!!!

Pros

I am still in the process of integrating and setting everything up. I am learning everyday! Help is readily available whether through an email, chat, scheduled training, video or a panicked phone call!
What I like most is the ability to have all pertinent information for each project available in one spot and being able to assign the level of access within roles. Implementation will be my hurdle! Changing old school habits!

Cons

I would like more ability to hide features/functions from dashboard/menu which we will not be using. Just to keep it decluttered and streamlined for users.
I understand this is coming in May - folders within a project. (not just through files/photo tab) I need to be able to open a project, go to my files and have them organized in folders. Not a page of Pdf's. Excited for this. Also being in Ontario, I'm going to need to add most of my own Safety Topic info. I have a great pdf book of all topics. Page per topic. It would be nice when creating a topic to be able to attach the page in topic text window. (since pages have pic's etc. copy & paste doesn't translate into a readable document.
I think the Forms has been my biggest hurdle. Through no fault of the app. lol
I currenting have all my forms and checklists is a fillable pdf format, which I can add. However, once filled in I can't save that copy to project. So, I guess I'll just have tp pick away at making new forms! lol

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Wendell T.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

It has been a wonderful experience and has made life much easier. It is extremely user friendly and very cost effective. Quite possibly the best Project Management purchase to date.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and even easier to set up. I have been training employees over the past month and a half and they have all taken to it wonderfully. The ease of set up has been the best.

Cons

It is hard to have anything bad to say about the software. The developer team is easy to talk to, changes are made frequently and they are always improving what they have.

Levi O.

Great Project Manager Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/29

Great. It is a great product with many features.

Pros

User friendly. It runs with the big dogs of software like procore. It has alot of features and they are improving always.

Cons

Support. I would like to talk to some one more, via phone.

Mark A.

Checking Under the Hood

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

So far we are very happy with all of the features and CF has come a long ways since I first looked at it 2 years ago. Customer support is great although I haven't quite figured out if I can have a single point person for support.

Pros

I am currently reviewing this product as a stand alone construction management software. The main reason I am investigating it is so that I can ditch the several software platforms I use into a single software.

Cons

It is a bit time consuming to get up and running only because of the amount of data needed to set up.

Response from Contractor Foreman

Thank you Mark for the great review. We do not provide our customers with a main contact as we do not want you to be delayed when help is needed. Many on the team are in meetings or working with customers all day. If we assigned you a single contact and that person is on vacation, in a meeting, or on a break, that would increase the time it takes to get you a response so we prefer to make our whole team accessible.