Salon Booking

Matteo D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great plugin

Reviewed on 2020/09/12

After COVID19 we need to shedule and limit the access into our structure.
Thanks to the plugin we have solved all the users' waiting problems, guaranteeing them distance and safety

Pros

I like the versatility and ease of use and setting

Cons

it can be improved in the back office interface especially when using the multi-shop add-on

Response from Salon Booking

Thank you, we hope to improve the back-end for multishop as soon possible.

Industry: Wholesale
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Flexible and comprehensive booking solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

this is a somple solution that integrated straight into the website we built. Paretns can choose the subjects that they want to help their children with and are then able to see what slots are available, book them, get an instant confirmation and pay for the lesson in advance by card (there is the option to pay cash on the day). Everything is automated and does not need to be manually assisted. Overall and excellent soltution.

Pros

Low cost of entry. To get the booking system up and running and seeing how it will work was simple and we were able to take the leap without worrying about the cost. Has many of the features of expensive system, so you dont feel that you are missing anything. Adding PayPal to take payments from the booking system was easy, although that is a chargable feature. Actually using the solution day-to-day is simple enought.

Cons

The solution is clearly geared towards hairdressing, spa treatment business and the like. As we were looking to set up a tutoring buisiness, it felt that there were some compromises to be made. In reailty, we have manage to achieve most of what we were looking for - a lot of the differences were down to terminology. Maybe some templates for different types of business might help.

Installation is easy but setting up the rules can be a steep learning curve. Not everything is in the menu that you expect it to be, so as an admin it can be tricky to start. Takes a couple of passes to get a grip on how things work.

Tatiana haas G.
Industry: Online Media

always improving

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

Pros

It is possible to customize a lot of things according the client needs. Each update improves the system and make the plugin better to use.
The support is helpful and always available.

Cons

I didn't have any big problem. All small issues I had was solved contacting support.

Miguel L.

A lot of issues

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

I dident like the software. A lot of issues, its better to use a Saas and pay more but with any problem.

Pros

Its very cheap, and its very easy to implement in wordpress.

Cons

Its very inestable, and I lose all the data in 3 times.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Yasmina Y.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

Exactly what my customer needed

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Pros

It is easy to customize and easy to use.
And the big plus is the app. My client was very happy to learn that she will be able to manage her bookings from wherever.

Cons

I won't say they were things I didn't like.

Response from Salon Booking

Thanks for your review

Luke E.

Does precisely what it advertises and does it well, being adaptable to other industries.

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

Well priced and adaptable. I am able to use it to run an Escape Room business and it tracks rooms and assistants perfectly, with a very easy to understand back-end.

Cons

I would have said the lack of a voucher system was a big downer (and paying for the addon element was not something I had any desire to do), but now that this is included, I struggle to think of any cons.

I have been having trouble updating Salon from within Wordpress, having instead to do it manually, which is a hassle. That's about it.

Roy D.

Getting better and better

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Saved me a lot of time developing my own!

Pros

- One of a kind- so far nobody but you has come up with this solution
- Front-end is user friendly, fast en clean

Cons

- After every update, the plugin is disabled and I have to enable it again.
- And, in the past, big things (like language strings) were totally changed- without announcing

Jaap J.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Solid product, great support

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Easy system, very reliable.

Pros

It’s a really easy solution for booking reservations with lots of modification options to suit your business. Support is really good and fast, and open for suggestion of it’s users.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think about.

Response from Salon Booking

Hi, thank you for your precious review

Martin M.

Salon booking

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Overall expiriance is 4/5

Pros

Easy to use even for end user and very good support

Cons

Some addons didnt work with other plugins.

Response from Salon Booking

Thank you!

Bilal A.

Good Booking system for barbers

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

its helping our customers in their
busniness and complaints are very low which is very good

Pros

Easy to implement and easy to understand ui

Cons

mobile ui/ux need to improve
sms notification need to add for
asian countries.

Response from Salon Booking

Thanks for the review.

Josephine D.
Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent salon booking if you run your own site

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Salon booking WordPress plugin allows a client friendly booking experience online, integrates with sms and email reminders etc. It really solves a lot of our problems. You would need to be a bit au fait with WordPress but the support is out there. I was very happy to find it after searching a long time for an acceptable online booking system. After a couple of years I started paying which allows online payment, but this is more to support the developer. Prepaying hair appointments is a bit of a minefield however we can take a deposit only, which has reduced no shows and encourages new clients to call and talk to a person instead. Shift workers like nurses love it. Calendar integration is the only hiccup but we bypass this by receiving copies of messages sent to clients and manually update calendar from there however the mobile app might resolve this for us. Highly recommend for any salon managing their own site.

Pros

Easy to install and configure on WordPress.
Good support.
Free unless you want to accept payments or support the developer.
Good integrations - messaging and payments.
Frequently updated.
Good customer experience.

Cons

We don’t use google calendar so interface with real calendar is a bit clunky however this should be resolved with the mobile application.

Response from Salon Booking

Hi,
thank you for your precious review.

We'll try to improve the lack of the plugin as soon as possible.

Lorenzo L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Easy to use and very useful plug-in, a revolution for your sales! Best Customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

Finally, we are able to fully manage our agenda and our relationship with the customers effectively, even from home or from the mobile phone for example when we are closed. It allows us to increase sales in a very satisfactory way, 24 hours on 24

Pros

Saloon Booking is the best plug-in for managing your online bookings. Since we introduced it, we have doubled our sales. Also, the customer service is always very helpful and accurate. Really a huge thank you to Customer support representative for being so helpful and kind.

It's amazing! In addition, new releases are always frequent and every time, there are novelties that improve the product.

Tamas J.
Industry: Hospitality

Does the job just fine, hustle free

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

Easy to set up and operate, can be customized pretty well, plenty of options available.

Cons

Can't offer 2 payment methods to choose, for example pay deposit or pay in full.
Can't block 2 practicioners for 1 service, which causing overbooking sometimes.

Tomi L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent software to manage bookings, daily work schedule and payments.

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

A daily work list for staff.

Pros

We needed an all around solution to new salon. This was the only one which offered all the things we needed. Simple for customer, even easier for assistants and staff. No hassle on setup or with Google calendar sync. Minimal effort on Admin side, staff can use it themselves. Excellent customer support, friendly and helpful. We also did get custom fix for out needs.

Daniel E.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Happy Personal Trainer

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

The functionallity suits my needs. Easy to use when set-up is clear. Support is 6 out of 5 stars.

Cons

Not so strait forward when configuring, but support is always just an email away.

Response from Salon Booking

Thank you for your precious and kind review.

Joerg T.
Industry: Internet

It's easy to use and for our business the best! Now Discount are included, that's great.

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

Easy to use, SMS functionality, Discount functionality included. Frontend easy to use. Great support.

Cons

Frontend Font a litle to big or not easy to control. SMS registration works not so good sometime. Not posible to set discount in backend for clients. Not posible to make mailings for selected clients.

Maria K.
Industry: Cosmetics

Not satisfied at all

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Experience. Now I know what are my requirements with a booking system.

Pros

Salon software doesn't offer any benefits compare to other booking softwares except that for Salon you have to pay a lot of money.

Cons

I was very excited and happy after one month of trial version to start using Salon booking system on my website. Unfortunately very soon I had to realize the Pro version is not yet so professional than the trial version was.
I had a lot of issues not getting confirmation emails after a client booked an appointment. Then my client did't get confirmation email about her appointment. You also offer in the program that client get a reminder 24 hours before the appointment. In the beginning it was working well, but very unfortunately it stopped working as well! That was very disappointing.Problems again... My website designer was contacted you several times but we hardly saw any changes. This was extremely disappointing sinds I just started my own business few months before and I thought investing in Salon booking system was a great investment. I absolutely regret paying so much money for your program it caused me quite a lot of trouble with clients and looked very unprofessional. Instead of getting a discount I would prefer to have a refund!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Adam P.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent value for money and works well,

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

So far the form has worked very well, reolving the issue of having clients waiting for appointments especailly with the Covid-19 rules in place.
Being able to overcome the issues with getting clients booked in to appointmets and having a reliable accessible booking system on the website.

Pros

The integration with WordPress has been seamless and also the installation was easy to carry out. Customer support has also been superb.

Cons

There is a couple of features I would like to see added, it would good if you could make it easier to mark days that assistants don't work rather than having to creat rules.

Response from Salon Booking

Hi, thank you for your review. We will try to improve according to your indications

Cailey S.
Industry: Cosmetics
Company size: Self Employed

Good but some kind of things that i mis

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

It is good but I’ll miss the option in the app to block time out for the day, for example private appointment or time that i won’t use

Pros

Is easy in use but they have an app. That is what the most like about

Cons

Easy to use, you don’t have to be a smart person to understand the software

Response from Salon Booking

Thanks for the review

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Najd D.
Company size: Self Employed

Awesome product saved me alot of time !

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Saved me alots of time..

Pros

What i like the most is the ease of use and the assistance options . booking is not a problem with this plugin.

Cons

I wish it had more customizable options so i can use it not only for Salon but also for other services

Kharis A.
Industry: Computer Networking
Company size: Self Employed

Simple & Smart Booking, Attract my customer with extremely easy, fast & clear booking proccess.

Reviewed on 2017/09/22

I bought this booking systems for my spa website customers. At first I wasn't sure if it could fit my needs. But the flexibility and add-ons fixed it all without tuching any code. I am and my customers are so happy and will request some customization further, as soon as the salon booking team ready.

Pros

This plugins is fully customizable booking form with online payments, notifications, and Google Calendar sync. Perfect responsive and Detailed Documentations.

Cons

Fully customizable look & feel of the booking form, with no need for custom coding. Customize color scheme, interface copy, steps of booking process.

Samuel L.
Industry: Design

Great stuff, easy to setup, no problems thus far

Reviewed on 2017/08/23

Pros

Great UI, easy setup system. From installation till the design of the user interface, there were adequate tools developed to meet ALL my needs.

Veronica V.
Industry: Education Management

Pretty good simple plugin

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Pros

Easy to set up and use
Clean front end design

Cons

Lacks several important integrations
Weekly software update releases

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Louis S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great product, easy to use and deploy

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Overall experience was great!

Pros

I am based out of the US and found this product to be very easy to use and simple to deploy for one of my clients. The price is great for what you get and having a dedicated iOS app is fantastic.

Cons

I’d like to be able to update the language used. As I am based in the US we have different spelling for words and need to be able to update this on the website.

Response from Salon Booking

Hi, thank you for the review. You can manage your language preferences, write to our customer service.

Christopher R.
Industry: Publishing

Easy to setup, does what we need it to do

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

It was a stress free process, and once up and running I have only heard from the client once about adding a holiday slot for herself, so maybe that could be a little easier to do.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to create appointment slots, and manage staff in a simple way.

Cons

When adding appointment types it would be good to have a duplicate button or variations. Like Haircut & Blowdry - Short Hair / Long Hair with different prices & appointment lengths.

Response from Salon Booking

Thanks for the review.