Showing 86 reviews of 76

Showing 86 reviews of 76
Nomsa M.

Communication made easy

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

My experience with Plivo is superb, they deliver results within timelines. Each time when you raise a support ticket, they will not rest until they provide an answer, even if it means they do not have a solution at the moment they will keep you updated with the position and this makes me happy. They provide SMS to our customers anywhere and this makes our business flourish so well.

Pros

I really enjoy using this software because it deliver its purpose when it comes to sending verification to customers anywhere. Very reliable in such a way that when any country is not getting the SMS they react instantly to make sure SMS are sent.

Cons

At the moment there is nothing specifically except that they do not have Calling Support where by as a customer you have the facility of an account manager that you contact directly when anything goes wrong.

Travis J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My Review of Plivo

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

I am utilizing the Plivo platform for school districts to help provide a more cost effective phone sharing option. It has been great but I think we will need to do a lot of the heavy lifting ourselves with managing the sub accounts (schools/customers).

Pros

API documentation and ease of use have been my strongest 'likes' of Plivo. It was really simple to utilize the PHP examples to setup my phone application.

Cons

Account management and the overall UI is difficult to navigate and missing a lot. For instances logs take upwards of 5+ minutes to show, some logs are hidden on one screen, others located somewhere else. Account management for sub-accounts doesn't exist (other than changing the name). Should be a way to further manage them, for instance setting balances and limits for the sub accounts, be able to pull account usage reports/payments more directly related to the sub account. Also the types of numbers and what exactly they offer is not clear.

Debbie W.

Plivo Tex Messaging

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

It was so easy to set up and we've been really happy with it!

Pros

So easy to use with our Jackrabbit class program and so inexpensive! Reply from customer comes up in our emails, you don't have to go looking for the responses.

Cons

I wish when the customer replied I wouldn't have to go back into my jackrabbit program to reply to them.

Ali P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A good service with easy and well documented instructions

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

If you'd like VoIP or SMS, Plivo is a really good option with its competitive pricing and well-documented APIs. It's easy to integrate and the user interface is fairly powerful.

Cons

Plivo does not still support MMS and that can be problem is you need MMS.

• Industry: Insurance

Plivo is a great secondary telephony system

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

We are providing customers with custom IVR's and outbound test/calls. Plivo is able to give us the basics of what we provide for our customers and has been improving their downtime.

Pros

- Plivo is fairly inexpensive compared to some of its competitors
- Plivo is constantly growing and seeking to improve

Cons

- The turnaround time for a support ticket takes too long
- Most of the employees are overseas and have a hard time communicating during normal business hours (PST)

Alcides T.

Very good communication API

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Very good API and support.

Pros

Very good inventory number, specially for Latin American countries.

You do not have to pay storage of audio recordings

Very good support for at not extra cost.

Cons

You are no able to port some numbers in countries such as Argentina

You are able to make outbound calls to some 1800 numbers in lantinamerica

The API did not add new features.

Pedro M.

Plivo review

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

In general I like the platform a lot. I found it very useful to create in short time an IVR and in the future I'll use another characteristics of the platform. The user interface improve a lot for the last released and improve the order of the items. I'd like to see improves in the documentation for developers in the java JDK.

Pros

- Its easy to buy a number in general.
- We can create an app very fast and connect with plivo
- I had a problem with one of my numbers in mexico and the plivo's team help me and even change the number very fast.

Cons

- In some cases the documentation is wrong about JDK
- I nedeed some kind of authentication for my endpoints to guarantee that the requests came only from plivo then I used the authentication described in the documentation but it didn't work. Then the support team told me there was a problem and they needed to solve it. This case alone took a long time to resolve.
- The voice used in the IVR some times is not possible to understand due to its pronuntiation.

Good and proper service

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

They have a simple platform with all the information at a single place, you can use the APIs easily and integrate it with your platform.

Cons

Can make reporting better and pricing also needs to be better for few countries

Bidur S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Affordable Phone and SMS integration

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

We were able to deploy our application really easy and were able to offer good price to our customers because of Plivo's competitive price. Their customer service team helped us well whenever we had issues or blockers.

Pros

Plivo offered same or better quality of service compared to their competitor at a good price.
Their customer service is really responsive and helped us resolve our problem and port the phone numbers.
Integration is easy as they have really good API Documentation.

Cons

We had problems debugging the software. The API call logs can be made better and more informative.
At times we had speed issue. We are not sure as it is solely dependent on Plivo as delivery of text/call also depends on the carriers of our customers.

Suman G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good UI and Support.

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Pros

The overall look of the Portal is terrific plus the support is also great.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Satisfied with the service.

Niklaus E.

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

I use it with an API only, so the interface is not really relevant, except for purchasing credits that I resell later on. But in general, I get the info I need, can do what I have to.

Pros

Great pricing, quick support answers and overall good experience

Cons

The interface was a bit confusing at first, especially that after a few days only, I got the "new" interface.
Availability of virtual numbers was also an issue, but it seems to improve!

• Used Other for Free Trial

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Overall, the experience was positive and the staff very helpful.

Pros

I decided to try Plivo to buy a private number for business use. They were not able to provide me with the requested number due to my country of residence legal restrictions. I'm considering a different approach at the moment as I wish to use their services.

Cons

The platform might feel confusing for beginners, they provide some tutorials, though.

Sun S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Cheap and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

The integration of SMS API is easy.
The support of custom services is good.
It is cheap for sending SMS.

Cons

It will be great if user can register the alphanumeric sender_id online directly.

Kajetan J.

Telemarketing app

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Pros

Clear and attractive pricing; Extensive documentation; Quick response time of the Support Team

Cons

Limited configurability of Web Browser SDK; Overcomplicated when it comes to simple 1 to 1 calls

Qamar Z.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

I Develop a Call Record App

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Pros

Because it is easy to understand and most important thing, you get excellent customer support that is why i personally used this service and also recommend to others.

Cons

Only one word, Pricing. Rates are affordable.

David K.

Good for smaller businesses, not so good for large cross application implementation

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

It's been ok, aside from annoying API issues and the occasional oddities with the console interface Plivo does provide a good service for smaller businesses that have a low throughput. However for a bigger company like ours that makes heavy use of the API we've found it rather frustrating.

Pros

I like that they offer request logs for all calls and allow you to purchase phone numbers through the API. Their customer support if often times friendly and quick to respond, and the console interface looks nice.

They also provide a nice set of API documentation with example requests and responses that allows you to instantly change between languages to make it much easier to understand the system.

Cons

The API leaves a lot to be desired. The main issue I have is that whenever there is an issue often times the API just throws a generic exception with a message like "Object not found". This leads us to needing to catch exceptions and compare the error string to understand what's going on when say, for example, a phone number purchase was unavailable. I would much appreciate it if the API was re-worked to better handle this kind of situation. I really shouldn't be expecting to catch exceptions.

To compound the frustration, Plivo has the tendency to update the server side of their API without warning or documentation. This has caused our system to break on a few occasions. This could be easily mitigated by a change-log or hosting multiple API versions.

Another issue I find is that the console interface (While it looks nice) it has a fair few bugs with it, especially when viewing request logs. It's also a bit confusing to navigate. I'm not above learning to use a complex system, it's just that there are some strange things. Like how sub accounts are handled. For example there's no capability to search or sort the sub accounts. This makes it really annoying to use, and to make matters worse, there are other pages such as the Applications page and the Endpoints page that support this. Maybe we're using sub accounts wrong but I think this shouldn't be such a hard thing to implement. But that's my point. There are some oddities like this that make the system more difficult to use.

Matthew G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Plivo For Business

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

My experience has been amazing at Plivo. From the time they gave me a trial and even extended it by giving me an extra $ just to keep testing my applications, as I wasn't done yet. Plivo support usually gets back within 24 hours and almost always the problem has been resolved.

Pros

I've built my business using the Plivo platform. The API is easy to use and the price is cheap enough for me to mark up a bit to actually run a viable business.

Cons

Pricing in the United States, Canada, and several countries are perfect, but once you start going into other places, including India, Egypt, Malaysia, etc. The prices are definitely more expensive and while I cater to a global audience, the audience is best when they are from the US, Canada, UK, etc.

Abdallah A.

Affordable and very good

Reviewed on 2019/06/29

i set it up for my website for people to receive their security codes to login. and didn't have to change anything in the code since then. and this is what i really love about it

Pros

Easy to use and affordable. When I use an API like email or SMS api. I don't want to go back to the code I implemented and keep changing the code. With Plivio to be honest I didn't have to do this at all.

Cons

I can't think of any Cons. But was hoping for a cheap short code but it's not a big deal

Anand K.

Great API and quick customer support, easy to use and build

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

We are building our own little call center where the end user would call us on a 1x800 number and the call would be then placed on hold until one of the Agents can pick it up sitting on a web portal (SIP endpoint). We have used PLIVO's restful APIs and love the user friendly documentation and the quick customer support that is provided. Recently we have started using PHLO which is a drag and drop sort of stuff to get your things done really quickly with less amount of code to write. This is a hot cake and I would assume would be feature loaded in near future.

And all that for a very affordable amount of money. How good is that?

Pros

Great and user friendly API documentation
Very quick customer support
And last but not the least PHLO

Cons

I can't think of much but I would assume more features would be added in the near future.

• Industry: Public Policy

Plivo - A must consider for telephonic services

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Plivo has been a good solution for our SMS messaging needs and coupled with good customer support I can't complaint at all. I hope they continue giving as much personal attention to all their customers as they have been giving even when they grow.

Pros

Easy setup
Neat API doc
Good logs are always welcome
You can export reports and stats really intuitively
You can easily discover the reason of failure or any other problems which are hampering the overall functioning

Cons

The service especially for SMS delivery can be a bit iffy at times, happened maybe once or twice only over a period of 2 years.

Manish B.

One of the best customer support I have seen

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

We use Plivo to send instant SMS notifications to all our donors around the world.

Pros

Easy to integrate, Great API documentation but most of all customer support response time is awesome

Cons

Some of the features are not available in my country India. Also it is a little on the pricier side compared to other options available

Jordan C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reliable. Cost Effective!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

Easy to use. API is always available. SMS logging makes it easy to track down bugs. Support team has been reasonably responsive when I've had questions. I switched from Twilio almost a year ago and have never looked back.

Cons

The user interface / dashboard could be a little bit more intuitive. It's still usable, I just feel like the way a user interacts with the site could be better.

Duane K.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Phlo

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Customer support isn't very accessible, it takes 24 to 48 hours of sending emails before I was able to get someone of the phone.

Pros

I like their phlo interface. It allowed to receive a text message send it to our CRM and then return a message back to the customer.

Cons

Some of the development limitations to the phlo seem unnecessary limiting. It's a bit clunky how API request have to execute successfully before being able to save, this creates a challenge with passing authentication tokens as a variable because when the block is authenticated on save the variable is not filled in with the authentication token. I was able to trick the platform by manually typing in the authentication token and then switching right before I saved.