Ravetree Reviews

4.4/5 (17 reviews)
Brent B.

Human,

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Over the past 5 years, we've utilized most/all of the leading project management systems and this is the first time that we've been able to find a lasting and meaningful relationship. Perhaps it was just the right tool at the right time. But I prefer to believe it was the right tool that we could have found at any time...ideally several years earlier than we did so we could have avoided all that heartache with other tools.

Pros

Ravetree feels like the perfect blend of being universal enough for the masses and customized for the individual peculiarities of a mid-market full-service advertising agency of 35 people (i.e. us). In addition, Customer rep has consistently delivered the human element of a technology/subscription delivery and made it feel like we were a priority at each at every turn.

Cons

It's nit-picking, but with technical updates and feature changes things inevitably break. That's completely understandable, but a little too often it has felt like we were the ones discovering those issues/bugs and we often lacked a heads up that change was upcoming.

Hannelie V.

One stop workflow and project management

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Great customer service and response time. Easy navigation and setup.

Pros

Incorporates Sales, Project Management, Finances, task management and resource management all in one. The Agile functionality is key for our business and was the core reason it was selected above other vendors.
Overall view of tasks for teams across production and projects.

Cons

The CRM component does not fully integrate with the Projects. Once an opportunity has been converted it would be great to automatically trigger Project setup. Retainer functionality does not suit our needs entirely but we have a unique offering.

Katie S.

I have enjoyed using Ravetree as a Project Management Software.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

What I like most is that you can easily track multiple projects, owners and milestones in a click of a button.

Cons

Sometimes, getting alerts can be difficult. If you miss an email, you may miss an update or a tag in Ravetree. I wish there was a more easily digestible dashboard when you login to review the updates related to your projects.

Response from Ravetree

Hi Katie, we're glad that you're finding Ravetree useful.

One thing you may want to try out is our "Alerts" feature. Alerts allow you to create automated notifications that are sent to you when certain conditions are met. For example, you can receive an alert if you forgot to log time yesterday, or if you have work items or projects that are overdue. There are lots of possibilities for how you can set this up.

With regard to the dashboard, we welcome your feedback. There are dozens of dashboard widgets for you to choose from, but if you'd like to see something specific, the let us know¿we're happy to build out new features so you can achieve the highest level of success!

Courtney B.

Ravetree is incredible, in capacity and functionality. Customer service is top-notch.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Ravetree practically runs our business!

Pros

Ravetree has transformed our business. Things that used to take multiple software and apps are now under one umbrella. The entire team loves Ravetree, and it's so amazingly powerful.

Cons

The only con I can say about Ravetree is that, since it has so many capabilities, it can be a bit overwhelming to start with. It's really best to take it gradually, as you learn all the system can do.

Latisha C.

As a previous user of Workamajig, RT makes me feel like I'm no longer in the 1980s - a great thing.

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

It keeps my days organized and my projects easily accessible, all in one place.

Pros

The overall aesthetic of Ravetree is awesome. It also has a pretty intuitive user experience. The kanban board is a useful feature and I like being able to see how many billable and non-billable hours I'm logging each day.

Cons

I wish the home board was customizable and that there weren't as many time logging glitches. Also, sometimes, when you search for a project by client name, it doesn't turn up in search results even though the project is active. It only pulls up if you know the exact name of the project, which kind of defeats the purpose of the search by client if you can't remember the specific project name.

Anri F.

RT not only looks great, but also enables better project and capacity visibility across our agency.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

-Schedule page gives us the ability to see resource capacity in a single view
-The ability to track time & project Dollars, coupled with extensive reporting features, allows us to track project and client profitability effectively
-Easily view, on your dashboard, work items (tasks) that are Overdue, for Today and Upcoming
-The ability to upload file versions within the same upload and select which version you'd like to view. This keeps project files/uploads organized and helps us to easier find and look at versions

Cons

- Occasional bugginess, since this software continues to be built upon and improved. This comes with the territory.

Ravetree is one of few project management software programs that actually include the budget

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

What Ravetree has going for it is management of the project along with progress against budget. It's a mystery why that aspect of PM is so neglected by many other apps. While we ultimately decided not to move forward implementing this software with our company, you can be sure we are keeping an eye on it.

Pros

Ravetree is one of few project management systems that actually account for the budget of the project too, which is very much neglected by most other project management systems. It also allows you to pick a workflow suited to your project, be it agile, gantt or waterfall. The goal of ravetree seems to be a one stop shop, and shows lots of promise.

Cons

At the time of this review, there was no public API, which for us is a deal-breaker. That said, it sounds like it was close to being available. Also, reporting was lacking, but seemed to also be in progress. It seems like a young product so there are few integrations available and what is there is very basic. Last but not least, the price per user is on the higher side.

6.0/10

Great. Very helpful in organizing my workflow and systems.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

It allows me to look out for an entire week and see how my tasks break down by daily hours. I also love the way it allows us to archive work. If I need to go back to find documents in a project from 6 months ago, I can start typing in that project (it autopopulates) and I can pull up what I need in 10 seconds.

Cons

I love it overall. No big complaints. I would say it could be helpful to move around my boxes on my home page so that if I want my upcoming milestones to be the main box I see, I can move it over to that section. I hated Workamajig, but it did allow that functionality.

Kelsey C.

Sometimes clunky, but overall useful

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Keeps track of projects well so that I don't forget what I'm supposed to be doing and when. Also good for document sharing and storage.

Pros

The work item pop ups on the side of the screen. Instead of clicking on a work item and having it navigate to another page, it pops up on the right side of the screen, allowing you to rermain in your current window.

Cons

Sometimes the software just freezes. And sometimes I log in time and it doesn't save. I don't like that you cannot write in a custom project or work item when logging time. This would be useful to be able to track things that are not necessarily in the system.

7.0/10

I love RT. I like how the software approaches tasks and organizes my day-to-day.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Ease of use and structure to my work week.

Pros

My favorite thing about Ravetree is the structure that it provides to my work. I like the functionality of nesting Work Items into Projects into Clients. This helps me organize my very full schedule and I rarely lose track of specific tasks.

Cons

I would like to be able to rank items by priority . Say I had three tasks that all say they need completion by EOM. I would like the assigner to be able to note which should be done first.

Casey H.

The RT team is very responsive and eager to make valuable updates.

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

The comment section of RT is where I spend most of my time. I love the ability to comment and tag people directly in a conversation. Having all the comments/files/etc. in one project space is awesome!

Cons

I've worked extensively in Jira and Confluence, and have to say I enjoyed how robust the product was and how customizable it was. I have no doubt RT will get there, but they are not there yet. I'd like to be able to update documents or take notes within the tool instead of having to upload several new versions of a document. I'd also like to be able to do things like upload a document directly to a support ticket or work item instead of creating the ticket and then having to go back in and upload a relevant document. There are several small user hurdles like that, which create an unsatisfied feeling.

Response from Ravetree

Hi Casey, thanks for your feedback on Ravetree! One of the things you mentioned was wanting the ability to upload files directly to a work item when it is being created, as opposed to having to create the work item first, then upload the file.

We are excited to announce that Ravetree will now allow you to upload files directly to a work item when it is being created! You can also do the same when creating projects.

Again, we greatly appreciate your feedback. Feel free to reach out any time if you have additional questions, concerns, or suggestions!

7.0/10

Overall a great software to use for client tracking and information.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

Ravetree is great for detailing information and making notes. I primarily use Ravetree to share client information among my colleagues.

Cons

Ravetree is not the most intuitive or easy to use program. But the Ravetree team has been very open to suggestions for improvements.

Gaby B.

RaveTree overall is pretty useful. Software has gotten a lot better after updates.

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

Responsiveness of support team & customization. I love logging time to my timesheet directly from the kanban board.

Cons

Can sometimes be buggy and while customizable, there are some limitations on capability. Often find loading slow.

Maggie P.

I think it is very useful to see the daily tasks I have to do

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

We are able to see where people are using their time and if enough time is given for a specific task

Pros

I like the fact that I can see my tasks ordered in importance and client.

Cons

I have trouble finding tasks that I have marked complete. If i don't know the specific name it's hard to find them. Also, if I search by client I'd like to sort just by me. (maybe I can do these things and just dont know since I'm relatively new to ravetree.

6.0/10

Easy to use and identifies pain point easily

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Ease of use and ability to ramp other team members easily.

Pros

user friendliness and ability to pinpoint projects easily and time associated with each. I also like being able to transition ownership based on the stage of the project.

Cons

sometimes the threads can get confusing if they get long and many users get on a certain projects. Sometimes subcomments can be confusing from regular comments.

Elizabeth M.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

It's our communication platform for client information.

Pros

That it is really user friendly; never heard of Ravetree until I began working at The Bookkeeper. Wonderful tool to track and prioritize tasks.

Cons

missing tutorials, maybe build them into the program so that the end user is able to readily view and go thru the steps all at one time.

Sancia D.