Vision6 Reviews

Vision6

Deliver email, SMS, social & lifecycle marketing campaigns

4.6/5 (29 reviews)
Patrick E.

Great Aussie product with a local service team!!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

The customer support team is the best i have come across in the cloud market place. To have a phone number that you can phone and actually have a conversation with the support team is a massive help for a novice in this area!!
Currently i am dealing with a CRM company, i have had 2 zoom.us sessions and i have signed up.
When i sent them a email because there on line help / support didn't answer my question, i received a email to say bluntly we are sales people, we don't supply help, support or training. You need to go to this link and have a good read basically!!!

Pros

It ticks all the boxes from a marketing to current clients and prospects point of view.
Its a Australian Company with a local support team, massive plus.
Pricing is very reasonable given the upside for the client using there to product.

Cons

I would like to see on line help to reflect the "Kiss Principal,Keep It Simple Stupid"
Step 1 you do this, Step 2 you do this etc.
It may not look fancy on screen from a display point of view , but the average person using your system is flying blind when they first sign up, pressure is on to present to management/boss.
Some videos to back this up will definitely help.
Don't let the builders of the software have total say on how the help /support/training should look and feel, the support people are the best, because they actually use the software on a daily basis and interact with the users, not the builders.

Xavier E.

Great software with a supportive team to assist when i need support

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Pros

New customers find it easy to navigate and use without need of too many instructions. A lot of features and ability to create great looking emails with the knowledge of HTML code writing. Nice template designs.

Cons

I feel like you need a degree to make automation work for you. Its great functionality but underutilised because it can get complicated. While pricing is competitive, it is still a bit more expensive then some others. The email drop and drag editor is great but i think it can be improved a bit so we can get a bit more creative without having to ask a coder to assist.

Michelle S.

Great customer support & partner arragement

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

We have been working with Vision 6 for over a decade and value them as a supplier and partner

Pros

We love that we can partner with Vision 6 and offer the system to our clients.
There customer service is fantastic and they take and respond well to feedback.
They also keep updating and improving the system so it remains a market leader.

Cons

Nothing specific to mention.

Lisa R.

Everything you could want and more.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13
Review Source

Pros

Love using Vision6 for so many reasons. It's easy to use and intutive yet sophisticated at the samme time. In particular the advanced automation and data management features set it apart from competitiors in the market.

Cons

Like any SAS product, there are quirks that are easily worked around. Cant think of anything right now to be honest - so it cant be anything that major.

Richard L.

Not the monkey

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

The WYSIWYG approach to edms make like MUCH easier when throwing together last minute urgent emails!

Pros

* Both template based, and fully customisable
* Drag and drop
* End product (email) doesn't look like a 'monkey' template

Cons

* More complex task integration (without having to export and reimport csv files)
ie - resend to unopens
* More detailed analytics (ie how did i filter the lists in this previously sent edm)
* More comprehensive filtering options (there's no 'values between X and Y' as yet - ie postcode filtering)

Michelle S.

Secure, easy-to-use, great support

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Easy-to-use, SPAM compliant, bug-free and reliable

Pros

The software is easy-to-use and doesn't have bugs and in the more than 10 years I have had an account, I can't remember the system ever going down!

Pete M.

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Has been really great. Support teams are fantastic as well.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use. It does what is required.

Cons

Changes/updates could be communicated better.

Duncan A.

Great product that allows me to effectively engage with my clients.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

I like being able to send my clients a nice looking email, that is still from me but easier to manage. Its also great to be see who is opening my emails and when.

Pros

I love the embedded forms and ease of use of the design of the emails. The layout is easy to use and understand once you get to know it.

Cons

I think it is very important to have extra functionality around collecting big data on my contacts. Reporting functions that look at all my emails rather than by campaign only. ie. Being able to drill down but across emails, who always opens my emails, who never opens my emails so that I can target specific campaigns to specific people based on how they respond to emails. Another example. John smith always reads his emails at 6am, so I should be targeting him at that time to best get his attention.

Also need A/B marketing campaign functions.

Vivian O.

APD Dept Review of Vision 6

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Excellent - Has improved the quality of the communications we send out

Pros

Reporting
Intuitive
Simply brilliant
Love the fact that the subscription automatically updates as per contact numbers

Cons

Cannot find anything that I do not like about it

Great tool but watch out for the costs

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/03/15
Review Source

Pros

Best tool for designing engaging emails and marketing to help gain more customers. It uses SMS to reach out to people and every message is like a campaign. You can save the templates and constantly update and make them appealing with ease. The messages are sent to targeted people and can segment your lists.
The free preview allows you to see how this will look.

Cons

The reporting tool is good but can be improved. There are free training opportunities but they are basic. The costs pile up when you make mistakes but the free trial seems ok.

6.0/10
Matthew H.

A dream for designers and email marketers.

Reviewed on 2017/09/07
Review Source

I have used many of the EDM platforms over the last seven years and none come close to the usability for Vision6. WHat makes things even more exciting is the instant reporting upon deployment and that is still only scratching the surface of VIsion6's capability! Highly recommend — 5 stars.

Pros

Ability to easily produce stunning EDM's for my clients and partners.

Cons

The only speed bump I experienced was learning the new terminology. Tradition problems like learning a new UI was not an issue. Vision6 is very intuitive.

Paul M.

Sophisticated, easy to use, intuitive software that gets real results

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

I have been a long time fan of the Vision6 drag and drop editor - it is intuitive and simple to use with new features regularly added to speed up email design and creation. However, what really sets the Vision6 platform apart is the contact management.

Cons

The software is designed for the sophisticated marketer so while it's easy to use the features are a bit advanced.

Annabel V.

Great platform for SMEs

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Excellent product and the service is also fantastic. I would highly recommend to any SME.

Pros

I like how the platform is automated and we can use it for Clients to fill in forms and send through work orders. We also have full visibility of what our customers are viewing and responding.

Cons

I don't find it easy to navigate. The UI is dated and could be more user friendly.

David W.

Does everything we want without hassle

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

The ability to communicate with all our employees, particularly those that are not provided with a company address, in a manner which is appealing to the eye & as such, more likely to be read.

Pros

Easy to use for anyone even if they've only used MS Word before. I also like the way you can check is a spam filter may get in the way of a message being successfully delivered.

Cons

Sometimes the editor produces weird results particularly when text is pasted into it. It would seem that the extra HTML buried in Word text isn't filtered out when pasted.

Melissa M.

Awesome, easy and straightforward

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Quick and easy way to communicate with or clients!

Pros

That it's easy, I don't have to think or go through some massive training session, it's just intuitive!

Cons

No preview thumbnail pics in the list of created message means you have to go through all of them if you don't remember the name of the one you're looking for.

Alistair W.

Great email platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Pros

It's easy to set up custom templates or one-off messages, the automation features and A/B testing have made things even easier

Cons

Some bugs remain, including occasional problems with uploading pics.

Jennifer L.

Not such a steep learning curve as some systems

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/09/17

Easy autoresponders, nice looking templates
Not many unsubscribes

Pros

As I have used other complicated software before, the learning to get autoresponders and forms set up in Vision6 was relatively easy. It also lets you segment some of your list.

Also when I dumbly deleted my list and its responders a bit too soon, the customer service reinstated it for me--even though I'm not yet on a paid plan. I think this is top service.

Cons

Sometimes I cannot get forms to exactly go to correct size on my sidebar - still a bit big - they have tried to help, but I am not sure of correct sizing.

You have to go through Zapier rather than direct integration to use SumoMe (an optin helper) so it's one extra step.

Brenda L.

Vision 6 for Community Newsletter

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I've been nothing but impressed with the tools in the software, along with customer support along the way. I could have chosen to use freeware but was drawn to this program because the features were more tailored to my needs.

Pros

Vision 6 is an excellent tool for managing contact lists and creating quality emails and digital newsletters. The data tracking is also beneficial for keeping informed of consumer uptake. The software is regularly updated with improved features.

Cons

I would like to be able to create photo slideshows for individual stories but this may be because I'm using the basic level of the software. My usage would not support paying for a higher level subscription, given that it comes out of my pocket.

Nithiya B.

Good solid and stable product.

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Pros

Fantastic real-time reporting that enables strong data to analyse
Ability to schedule emails
Good integration options, great customer service and price
I believe it is an Aussie company - helps with privacy rules

Cons

Not much. But I wish elements such as the Spacer or the Button can be copied from one email to another.

Annabel D.

Vision 6 delivers an exceptional platform and awesome customer service

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

We love the forms that can integrate with your website.

Pros

The automation process and complete transparency on what you have done. I like to also see how our emails are tracking and whether my customers have opened up what we have sent.

Cons

UX could be better on the dashboard ( in particular forms/lists). Otherwise the portal is excellent.

Sarah G.

Easy to use for non-profits

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

The templates and how easy they are to personalise. Love the reporting/statistics provided after each send to.

Cons

Have been using it for several years for my non-profit monthly eNewsletters and have seen some very good changes made over the years to the software. Can't really thinking of anything I don't like about it at the moment. Maybe it could be even more affordable for non-profits/registered charities as the pricing does go up as your contacts list grows but they do provide a 25% discount for non-profits.

Jeffrey B.

email marketing

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/15

I was the person that put my company onto vision 6. I trained multiple people in how to use it and spent three years building bimonthly newsletters. We moved to marketto last year to send out emails and it's been even worse. I no longer do this in my job role but we have changed to a Microsoft product to send out our newsletters.

Pros

We used the email send out app between 2011 to 2017

• easy to use
• logical layout
• good price point

Cons

• needed a better metric system
• system was a bit clunky in what we could do with templates
• WYSIWYG did not always worked.
• questions when i hit troubles took a long time to solve or didn't come back with a response.

Jenny G.

Vision 6 review

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

I find the software manages contact lists very well.

Cons

There are some areas which are inflexible e.g.
i) laying out of text - the template can be restrictive
ii) filing structure of the messages - it would be good to have sub-folders e.g. we have a monthly newsletter which requires several pages per edition. It would be great to be able to file each edition under its own folder, instead of all appearing in a single folder, which just grows and grows.

Jason H.

This has saved us a lot of time from our old manual processes

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Tim saving. Don't have to worry about managing opt out and closed email addresses

Pros

The database and mailing lists are very easy to manage and we like the feature where bouncebacks are automatically taken off the active list

Cons

For non IT people sometimes understanding the various formats (eg HTML etc) can be difficult. It would be good to just be able to drop text in and have the formatting stay the same as it was in word

Skye T.

So easy to use and the list segmentation made a huge difference

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

As a small business owner, this is a great site to compare software

Pros

The main points I like are the:
- List segmentation
- Automation
- SMS Marketing
- Metrics
- Drag & Drop Editor and Templates

Cons

It's not basic, but that said, the results are great and there is a support team to call when you need to