Admation Reviews

Admation

Marketing & ad agency project management

3.5/5 (133 reviews)
Ben C.

A powerful tool for tracking artwork submission and approvals.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

I can see what my jobs are and importantly what their job numbers are so I can track the artwork down from the server. I can also find relevant material to a job assuming the client has remembered to upload anything.

Pros

1. You can see where all your current jobs are, what their job numbers are and if they have been reviewed and or approved.
2. The preview is fast.
3. Great for tracking progression of a job.
4. The Admation team bring out regular improvements to the software.

Cons

1. It involves too many steps to upload a single piece of artwork.
2. It generates a different job number for every element of a campaign, if you have 60 pieces of artwork you have 60 different job numbers for one campaign. Surely the description of the file dictates the difference without the need for seperate job numbers.
3. Overly complicated at times.
4. Markups to PDF's are very messy. Shame it doesn't use Acrobat to markup.

Response from Automaton

Hi Ben,
Thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback.
We acknowledge the problems your are experiencing which is why we'd like to schedule a call with you so that our support team can discuss each point of issue in detail.
We love to see the positive responses regarding admation and we hope to continue this through our regular product feature releases. Many Thanks,

Tom R.

simple concept difficult to master

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

peace of mind that our enterprise complaince around signoff is met

Pros

Admation ensures every of our creative that goes to market has been gisned off by relevant stakeholders (provided people remember to use it). Easy to approve work (as an approver)

Cons

can become very frustrating when there are countelss rounds of signoff... the tool is used in our organisation as a complicated collaborative working tool that generates resentment at times when things are submitted again aand again for minor changes when a phone /meeting or email could get everyone on the same page.

very annoying that you have to download word docs to mark them up and it can't be done in the software

Response from Automaton

Hi Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on admation. We understand your frustrations with the approval process with large organisations such as BUPA, where there are so many stakeholders and multiple revisions. We hope that admation over time actually reduces the number of revisions by offering greater transparency across teams. The benefit of using a tool such as admation rather than email to manage approvals is that it helps organisations meet their marketing compliance obligations. Please let our product support team know if you have any other issues. Many Thanks,

Sylvia N.

It's confusing where to find things, not displayed in a visual way for visual people

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

The "Resources" button is the most useful for seeing how people's days are filled and how much time I have allocated towards projects.

Cons

It's just extra work- we're not sure if files get sent properly through admation so we have to double down and email them also- we need to double book- first on admation and then on google cal; these features should be synced so only one action needs to be taken. Admation needs better integration with Google. Also, tasks should be shown for visual people; given an option to switch views.

Response from Automaton

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your recent review of admation. We really appreciate the feedback.
Sylvia, our team is aiming to have the ability to subscribe to your admation calendar available in the next 6 to 9 weeks. Currently, admation users are able to subscribe to Project Dates, Away Days, Meetings and Approval Deadlines, and we believe our users should also be able to subscribe to their Tasks.
Regarding how tasks are displayed, on the Tasks page there is a List and Calendar view option available under the 'My Tasks' section. Please feel free to contact our friendly Support Team who can provide you with any additional help or information.

Many Thanks, Admation Support Team.

Amy A.

I use Admation to log jobs as well as receive jobs from within the Marketing team.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

It enables me to keep track of my deadlines more efficiently.

Pros

I like the ability to view changes and comments digitally on each revision. I like the ability to file jobs with key words. I like that I can see the status of a job by its colour. I find being able to add my own deliverable types really useful.

Cons

The comments made on revisions can take a while to load when flicking from page to page. It would be great if the zoom feature could be improved. I find that grabbing a section to enlarge it can be a bit time consuming. The marketing team would like to be able to download all deliverables at once, especially when we have big campaign jobs with print and digital collateral in a job. We also don't really use the daily revision report email notifications. I would like to be able to scroll down through my list of jobs instead of having to check the second page when more than 31 items have been created.

Response from Automaton

Hi Amy,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We would like to inform you that admation has undergone some improvements since you last provided your feedback, namely optimising page load times and improving our zoom feature.
We are continuously implementing new features to admation. The suggestions you have made have been noted and conveyed to the development team.
Our product support team will be in contact with you with regards to turning off daily revision reports. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team

Maria A.

Admation works well when it works

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

When admation works and I fully understand all the tips and tricks, it works really well and makes our process a lot easier. However, it does take a lot of training to adjust to the interface and figure out how every task works.

Pros

The feedback mode and direct chain from client to suit to studio is the best part of the software.

Cons

The interface is very buggy. On multiple occasions, the site has crashed at pivotal moments i.e. when you mark up 50 changes and then hit changes, suddenly a little bee illustrations pops up on your screen saying there's an error. The interface isn't very user friendly as there are multiple steps for a basic tasks. One of the least favourable things is not having the ability to batch download a project. A lot of our clients struggle with the interface as some of the mark up tools aren't familiar enough (they're used to marking up Adobe PDFs) and the user journey is a bit flawed (i.e. click changes after entering feedback).

Ashleigh P.

Admation in Advertising

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We are solving the problem we have always had with our production/briefing process. Our creative team can now see who is working on what, when it is due, and log our time easily and efficiently. We were given (and still have the option of ongoing) instruction on how to use Admation and any quirks or difficulties were quickly ironed out by either our Production Managers or the Admation team. A great tool for busy creative agencies!

Pros

The transparency - I can easily see at a glance who has forwarded what task and when it is due. I can also see who has made or requested changes to my work, then easily forward it to our creative team. I also like the ability to view what my team are working on via the Resources tab.

Cons

As a copywriter I wish it had an editing tool that allowed me to highlight text and replace it with new copy (kind of like Adobe Writer). As it is now I can only draw a box or circle around text and re-write it in the box provided.

Olivia C.

Good Foundation, Usability Can Be Improved

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

- very helpful for agencies, can divide reviews by levels which is helpful when numerous departments need to approve
- helpful to track edits and see revisions
- helpful to view entire project list

Cons

- usability is a bit clunky, takes numerous clicks to get to your destination
- often has bugs/is down for the day which is crippling when your entire team uses it
- overall has a dated look and lacks ease of use

Carol K.

Admation user review

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I use Admation every day. The developers took in our feedback as users very early on and this made a huge difference to how the system was evolved and to how we use it. It is really easy to use from our perspective as reviewers and approvers. I find the process of uploading new projects very user unfriendly, but like anything, it is a matter of getting used to the system, but this could be improved in my view as a user. We have had very few technical issues with Admation and if we have ever needed tech support, the team has been instantly responsive to solve the issue! Overall I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Uploading new projects/files is unnecessarily complicated.

Great for managing assets

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

Managing tons of artworks and assets was a breeze with this system. Having an approval and audit system made it a lot easier in keeping track of which assets need revisions and which ones are approved.

Cons

UX could be improved when it comes to the speed and responsiveness of the site. As projects keep adding more deliverables, it takes longer for the system to index and load.

Messaging system could use some work as well as it's still a bit clunky (e.g. adding recipients, forwarding messages, etc.)

Admation is excellent for retrieving old work but terrible for it's job numbering system

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

It's got better but still takes a lot of steps to carry out a simple upload, it logs you out to quickly and and it doesn't save PDF's but rather jpegs of PDF's for markups so you cannot read fine detail like the previous job number on a piece of artwork.

Pros

I can see all the jobs I have worked on over several years.

Cons

The job numbers should be alpha numeric, they number by itself is close to useless.

Romina T.

Account Executive

Reviewed on 2017/01/08

I now love Admation as it is a program that both the creative team and I find helpful when trying to get projects across swiftly. At the beginning, I struggled with the use of the program; I couldn't find functions and commands, but I slowly started to get the hang of things.
There is one thing that I constantly still struggle with. Creatives cannot see my message after I have approved artwork. I usually thank them (and sometimes ask them to high res the file I have approved). After several rounds of amends, it would be nice to have them see my message and next step to finalize the artwork. Thanks for the awesome program!

Pros

the fact that my colleagues love the program as well. makes things easier.

Cons

As explained before, creatives cannot see my message after artwork has been approved.

Richard E.

Admation - keeps your projects on track

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

the recent upgrades to support larger screen size works well however i would love to see it applied to the projects view pages. and i do prefer the darker look of the UI than the lighter version.

Pros

i can view all my projects from the dashboard, adding new approval,rejection window is perfect addition.

Cons

I do prefer the darker looking UI , sometimes very hard to locate projects.

Jay W.

AdMation

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

Does most of what we need it to do and the basis of the old PDF workflow is good with notifications in particular

Cons

CX is rubbish. Not intuitive at all. You have to be 'taught' how to use the software as there is no way you coiuld work it out for yourself.

Emma T.

Its ok

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

I like that I can book in resources across different offices., however even this can become confusing as I do not fully understand booking a resource 'fixed' or 'flexible'. I like that I can upload documents and then make revisions to those documents.

Cons

It' clunky. It's not intuitive. Everything seems harder and less efficient than it should be. I don't use the approvals system so cannot comment on that but for resource, it's frustrating that I cannot easily amend projects, can't populate dates easily, can allocate a project to more than one person.

Response from Automaton

Hi Emma,

We would like to thank you for recently taking some time to share your review of admation. We're sorry you have had some negative experiences using admation. Our product development team is currently looking into the issues you raised and we hope to be in a position to address them in the coming product releases. Our product support team will contact you with a detailed response in regards to your review. Many Thanks,

Jaeda T.

Not User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

I like the notifications that are given by the software and the fact that you can track projects.

Cons

I do not like how it is integrated with e-mail and how there are a number of functions that are not used and make the process difficult to use.

Sharon P.

Production Manager

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

capturing all work

Pros

Ease of use, and the scroll through function is so much better

Cons

The project team is still not taken from the brief form and added to the project as project members. Submitter is not added to the deliverables either :(

Kylie D.

Difficult you use. Not straight forward

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Pros

It has all the fields that are required. Once the form is completed the process work seems quite seamless. The approval process and change process is clear and straight forward.

Cons

It's not user friendly. It needs to flow better. The user seems to jumps from section to section . It needs to be clear you go from left to right on the tabs up the top. Not click on a tab here there and everywhere. There should be only tabs at that top of the page and you work your way through the form. Not tabs and links all over the page. Makes it confusing.

Gavin W.

Room for improvement

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

The functionality of the software works well and does well to make an important process very clear to stakeholders. We do however experience many crashes and errors. This can be particularly frustrating when projects are time critical. There is also plenty of room for improvement regarding ease of use.

Pros

- Makes a complicated process clear to different stakeholders
- Notifications and reminders work well

Cons

- The amount of crashes and errors you experience
- Ease of use could be simplified and become more intuitive

7.0/10
Nicole V.

Good for establishing an audit trail and collaboration -- functionality a bit clunky

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

Being able to clearly see who has reviewed what and what stage a document is in in the approval process.

Cons

Difficult to leave comments and feedback. Confusion between 'approval', 'conditional approval', and 'changes'.

Response from Automaton

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We understand your frustration around this stage of the approval process. Our friendly Support Team will get in contact you with to try clear up the confusion between the three types of decisions. Admation also provides a range of training documentation in our HELP section that you may find useful. Many Thanks,

Jesse B.

mostly positive but its an extra step in our workflow

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

Audit trail is a great feature and assists in accountability and responsibility. Customer support is fantastic!!

Cons

Really clunky and too may clicks to get to the sections I need. Also would be good to have an 'are you sur' window to avoid mistaken uploads.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jesse,
It's great to hear that you've found our audit trail feature so beneficial.
Improving the usability of admation for our users is always at the forefront of our development and we hope we can improve on these aspects in our upcoming updates.
We really appreciate the feedback Jesse! Many Thanks,

Mischa L.

Very easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

I like that I can provide feedback to selected people, or to all.
Clean and simple interface.

Cons

Zoom in and zoom out function could be an it better, instead of clicking the zoom butter, it would be good to have mouse zoom in and out

Response from Automaton

Hi Mischa,

We are so glad to hear that you find admation simple and easy to use, this is certainly one of one of our main focus areas.
We are always striving to improve each and every admation feature, and this includes the zoom functionality. Thank you once again for taking the time to review admation. Many Thanks,

Cassie W.

Good Features, Not Quite There Yet

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

I like that you are able to use this tool for reviewing creative assets. I like that there can be different approval levels and your home screen has everything you need at a glance.

Cons

The features people need are there with Admation, however it is not very user friendly. Its very clunky and doesn't have the best work flows.

Judith N.

Some starting hurdles but overall helps make review process better

Reviewed on 2017/01/08

It can seem a bit overwhelming and clunky to use at a start, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes an intrinsic part of making sure all stakeholders get a say, content is reviewed and approved according to process, and there's a clear audit trail.

Pros

Visibility of content review process for audit and governance.

Cons

It's not the smoothest UX - could be more intuitive and friendly so easier to pick up.

7.0/10
Melissa G.

Good for audit trail, not so user friendly

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Could be improved if a submitter can select their preference for reviewers (to ensue all reviewers are managing this consistently by providing feedback through either attachments or into AdMation directly. Also, would like to be able to extract and save feedback that has been loaded to AdMation directly. Sometimes I need to retrieve content that has been reviewed previously and there is no option for key word search. This would be a great enhancement. Also, some pieces have questions rather than a straight accept / reject. It would be great if you could ask questions from the item that is being reviewed.

Pros

Great for audit trail to demonstrate compliance.

Cons

Not easy to navigate or to use features. Terrible search functionality, difficult to understand how to change uploads if a new version is released.

Ashley J.

Has potential for production workflow

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

It's a work in progress. It IS improving and I'm enjoying the updates as it's getting better each update.

Pros

Admation is very versatile. As a designer, we only need to use a part of it, but I can imagine the versatility would be highly beneficial for Agency run briefs.

Cons

I least like how I have to navigate to different modules for different options. I've used another workflow program and everything worked in the one window. Moving to the different modules is sometimes slow.