Admation Reviews

Admation

Marketing & ad agency project management

3.5/5 (193 reviews)
Maria A.

Admation works well when it works

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

When admation works and I fully understand all the tips and tricks, it works really well and makes our process a lot easier. However, it does take a lot of training to adjust to the interface and figure out how every task works.

Pros

The feedback mode and direct chain from client to suit to studio is the best part of the software.

Cons

The interface is very buggy. On multiple occasions, the site has crashed at pivotal moments i.e. when you mark up 50 changes and then hit changes, suddenly a little bee illustrations pops up on your screen saying there's an error. The interface isn't very user friendly as there are multiple steps for a basic tasks. One of the least favourable things is not having the ability to batch download a project. A lot of our clients struggle with the interface as some of the mark up tools aren't familiar enough (they're used to marking up Adobe PDFs) and the user journey is a bit flawed (i.e. click changes after entering feedback).

Sallie R.

Admation Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

I really like the ability to provide feedback directly on the creative asset via Admation and the ability to compare previous feedback w/ the amended asset.

I think this saves a lot of time and effort for us, especially when we have to go through numerous rounds of feedback on big 10-20 page documents. It allows our creative agency to be accountable for any feedback made.

Cons

It is quite hard to search for documents or projects with Admation. There is no immediate/obvious way to do this and I personally am stuck for 5-10 mins figuring out how to find certain things on the program.

Response from Automaton

Hi Sallie,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble locating projects in admation.

The Recent Projects list is my personal favourite for locating the last dozen or so recent projects that you've been working on in the system. If you'd like to search for projects outside of this list, the In Progress is definitely the next best place to look.

There's a filter in the top left hand corner of the In Progress list which allows you to search and filter down on projects by advertiser, campaign, keywords and more. You can also save your searches to ensure ease of access to your search terms next time!

There have been discussions around adding a search and filter option to the documents section in an upcoming release. I hope this will help alleviate your issues with documents.

In the meantime, let me know how you go with filtering projects otherwise you can always email [email protected] for assistance wherever you need it!

Happy Productivity,

3.0/10
Maria A.

User Feedabck

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Can take it or leave it.

Pros

Hard to say , nothing really stands out as a wow feature for me.

Cons

1. I cannot download a word version of my document from the software! Marking up a pdf is so much more time consuming (and has less functionality) than marking up a word version and not everyone has the version of Adobe to allow them to edit a pdf. Often the reviewers are not necessarily those who actually have access to the software, therefore it is a waste of time for me to mark up someone else's changes within the software rather than uploading a marked up word version as an attachment to an email (which is what I've done lately) (ie when the Chairman often wants to make changes himself)

2. If I make changes to a document and then submit my changes, there is no functionality to amend or add further changes to the same document, prior to the team picking up the job.

3. The view functionality is not great, when you zoom in and make the text larger, you lose resolution very quickly.

4. One team member accused me of not including her on emails within the software, however I had done so. Not sure if there is an issue with the email within the software...

5. It can be confusing to navigate at times.

Ben C.

A powerful tool for tracking artwork submission and approvals.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

I can see what my jobs are and importantly what their job numbers are so I can track the artwork down from the server. I can also find relevant material to a job assuming the client has remembered to upload anything.

Pros

1. You can see where all your current jobs are, what their job numbers are and if they have been reviewed and or approved.
2. The preview is fast.
3. Great for tracking progression of a job.
4. The Admation team bring out regular improvements to the software.

Cons

1. It involves too many steps to upload a single piece of artwork.
2. It generates a different job number for every element of a campaign, if you have 60 pieces of artwork you have 60 different job numbers for one campaign. Surely the description of the file dictates the difference without the need for seperate job numbers.
3. Overly complicated at times.
4. Markups to PDF's are very messy. Shame it doesn't use Acrobat to markup.

Response from Automaton

Hi Ben,
Thank you for providing us with your constructive feedback.
We acknowledge the problems your are experiencing which is why we'd like to schedule a call with you so that our support team can discuss each point of issue in detail.
We love to see the positive responses regarding admation and we hope to continue this through our regular product feature releases. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Ashleigh P.

Admation in Advertising

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

We are solving the problem we have always had with our production/briefing process. Our creative team can now see who is working on what, when it is due, and log our time easily and efficiently. We were given (and still have the option of ongoing) instruction on how to use Admation and any quirks or difficulties were quickly ironed out by either our Production Managers or the Admation team. A great tool for busy creative agencies!

Pros

The transparency - I can easily see at a glance who has forwarded what task and when it is due. I can also see who has made or requested changes to my work, then easily forward it to our creative team. I also like the ability to view what my team are working on via the Resources tab.

Cons

As a copywriter I wish it had an editing tool that allowed me to highlight text and replace it with new copy (kind of like Adobe Writer). As it is now I can only draw a box or circle around text and re-write it in the box provided.

Tui K.

So frustrating I usually just end up downloading file to view.

Reviewed on 2017/01/13

I use Admation to review/mark-up items other people have created and I find it a very frustrating tool. I usually end up downloading the whole file to see it properly even though I am only interested in 1 or 2 pages.
Should be able to download one or 2 pages rather than whole document.
The viewing pane is too small to read when item is full page. But then when you zoom in, the part of page you can see is too large and you cant see it in context. It should enlarge incrementally so you can just zoom a little bit if you need, or keep zooming the bigger you need it.
The viewing pane should take up more of the page, and the other parts should take up less of the page. When you zoom in the viewing pane should get bigger again.
You should be able to see multiple (at least 2) pages in the viewing pane at the same time.
Also when you press the zoom button it should automatically enlarge rather than you then having to click on the viewing pane.
I don't like that once you approve or decline you can not respond again. If it is still before dead-line time you should be able to go back in and mark-up again or change your initial mark-ups.
I don't like that you cant format the comments/mark-ups you make. Should at least be able to make bold or change text size.
When I add attachments markup comment nobody can see/access them.
From the dashboard home page I can not tell if I have actually responded to the request. I have to open and see if I have.
Thanks.

2.0/10
David R.

Hard to use, long process for approval

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Slow, too many options and fields, is not set out in a user friendly manner for quick submissions. Does not advise of the companies requirements for submitting through admation and how those things should be submitted.

Does not appear to be many people within the business that can provide support for using this, or at least in my area of the business.

Pros

I like the idea of channelling work through the correct teams

Cons

Does not tell you which teams each type of content must go through. Some of the options buttons are hard to tell which is selected, for example when selected for review by 'any' or 'all' reviewers.

I also don't like how emails are not provided when content is approved, it means you could go weeks waiting as usually it takes that long for things to be approved, and then not realise its approved.

3.0/10
Romina T.

Account Executive

Reviewed on 2017/01/08

I now love Admation as it is a program that both the creative team and I find helpful when trying to get projects across swiftly. At the beginning, I struggled with the use of the program; I couldn't find functions and commands, but I slowly started to get the hang of things.
There is one thing that I constantly still struggle with. Creatives cannot see my message after I have approved artwork. I usually thank them (and sometimes ask them to high res the file I have approved). After several rounds of amends, it would be nice to have them see my message and next step to finalize the artwork. Thanks for the awesome program!

Pros

the fact that my colleagues love the program as well. makes things easier.

Cons

As explained before, creatives cannot see my message after artwork has been approved.

Timothy B.

Slow servers result in delayed response, clunky systems

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

It's a frustrating system and is hard to work with. Wish there was more customisation of briefs and proof review/approval process.

Pros

Not a whole lot. The customer service our team is provided is good, but the system itself is generally cumbersome and frustrating to work with.

Cons

Asset creation is clunky, there is no way to edit the way briefs populate, servers are constantly non responsive and slow.

Response from Automaton

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation. We really appreciate your feedback!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with briefs. However, you'll be pleased to know that briefs created in admation are customisable. I'd recommend talking to your team about what specific changes you'd like to make and we could definitely look into pushing those changes through for you.

If there are any additional issues that keep popping up or if you have any suggestions on improving the platform, please don't hesitate to email our support team at [email protected] and we can get those things noted down for you.

Samantha at Admation

6.0/10
Olivia C.

Good Foundation, Usability Can Be Improved

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

- very helpful for agencies, can divide reviews by levels which is helpful when numerous departments need to approve
- helpful to track edits and see revisions
- helpful to view entire project list

Cons

- usability is a bit clunky, takes numerous clicks to get to your destination
- often has bugs/is down for the day which is crippling when your entire team uses it
- overall has a dated look and lacks ease of use

4.0/10

Admation is excellent for retrieving old work but terrible for it's job numbering system

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

It's got better but still takes a lot of steps to carry out a simple upload, it logs you out to quickly and and it doesn't save PDF's but rather jpegs of PDF's for markups so you cannot read fine detail like the previous job number on a piece of artwork.

Pros

I can see all the jobs I have worked on over several years.

Cons

The job numbers should be alpha numeric, they number by itself is close to useless.

Ashley J.

Switching to different jobs can be problematic

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

It has great potential but our multiple-job high-turnover workflow hampers our efficiency.

Pros

The Approval Module. I like how clients can batch mark up changes when rolling out campaign artwork.

Cons

Switching between modules/windows. Due to the programming, each click loads in a new window. When there's a 15sec lag and you need to navigate to another section by clicking 6 times it gets a little frustrating.

Response from Automaton

Hi Ashley,

We're very sorry to hear that you're having this experience with admation. We'll continue to monitor those speed issues for you.

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to email [email protected] if you require any further assistance.

2.0/10
Tom R.

simple concept difficult to master

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

peace of mind that our enterprise complaince around signoff is met

Pros

Admation ensures every of our creative that goes to market has been gisned off by relevant stakeholders (provided people remember to use it). Easy to approve work (as an approver)

Cons

can become very frustrating when there are countelss rounds of signoff... the tool is used in our organisation as a complicated collaborative working tool that generates resentment at times when things are submitted again aand again for minor changes when a phone /meeting or email could get everyone on the same page.

very annoying that you have to download word docs to mark them up and it can't be done in the software

Response from Automaton

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on admation. We understand your frustrations with the approval process with larger organisations, where there are so many stakeholders and multiple revisions. We hope that admation over time actually reduces the number of revisions by offering greater transparency across teams.

The benefit of using a tool such as admation, rather than email to manage approvals is that it helps organisations meet their marketing compliance obligations.

Please let our product support team know if you have any other issues.

Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team.

Sharon P.

Production Manager

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

capturing all work

Pros

Ease of use, and the scroll through function is so much better

Cons

The project team is still not taken from the brief form and added to the project as project members. Submitter is not added to the deliverables either :(

Sylvia N.

It's confusing where to find things, not displayed in a visual way for visual people

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

The "Resources" button is the most useful for seeing how people's days are filled and how much time I have allocated towards projects.

Cons

It's just extra work- we're not sure if files get sent properly through admation so we have to double down and email them also- we need to double book- first on admation and then on google cal; these features should be synced so only one action needs to be taken. Admation needs better integration with Google. Also, tasks should be shown for visual people; given an option to switch views.

Response from Automaton

Hi Sylvia,

Thank you for your recent review of admation. We really appreciate the feedback.
Sylvia, our team is aiming to have the ability to subscribe to your admation calendar available in the next 6 to 9 weeks. Currently, admation users are able to subscribe to Project Dates, Away Days, Meetings and Approval Deadlines, and we believe our users should also be able to subscribe to their Tasks.
Regarding how tasks are displayed, on the Tasks page there is a List and Calendar view option available under the 'My Tasks' section. Please feel free to contact our friendly Support Team who can provide you with any additional help or information.

Many Thanks, Admation Support Team.

Haylee D.

very happy

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

very easy to use
the images that we see are very clear

Cons

when you approve the page you can't get back into it or have it allocated again

Response from Automaton

Hi Haylee,

Thanks for taking the time to review admation! We're glad that you're enjoying use of the platform to review and approve your creative marketing material.

The final nature of approving or requesting changes on artwork can be both a blessing and a curse, at times! But we've decided to keep it this way for data integrity purposes, and to minimise human error when designers come to create artwork revisions from the feedback they've received.

Should you require further changes after you've submitted your feedback, the best way is to message the submitter in the system, asking them to upload another revision of artwork.

It might be handy to know that you can also edit approvers within admation once your artwork has been sent off for approval.

If you have any further questions or if you'd like to chat about this one in more detail, please email us at [email protected]

Thanks!

Amy A.

I use Admation to log jobs as well as receive jobs from within the Marketing team.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

It enables me to keep track of my deadlines more efficiently.

Pros

I like the ability to view changes and comments digitally on each revision. I like the ability to file jobs with key words. I like that I can see the status of a job by its colour. I find being able to add my own deliverable types really useful.

Cons

The comments made on revisions can take a while to load when flicking from page to page. It would be great if the zoom feature could be improved. I find that grabbing a section to enlarge it can be a bit time consuming. The marketing team would like to be able to download all deliverables at once, especially when we have big campaign jobs with print and digital collateral in a job. We also don't really use the daily revision report email notifications. I would like to be able to scroll down through my list of jobs instead of having to check the second page when more than 31 items have been created.

Response from Automaton

Hi Amy,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. We would like to inform you that admation has undergone some improvements since you last provided your feedback, namely optimising page load times and improving our zoom feature.
We are continuously implementing new features to admation. The suggestions you have made have been noted and conveyed to the development team.
Our product support team will be in contact with you with regards to turning off daily revision reports. Many Thanks,
Admation Support Team

6.0/10
Sophie P.

Admation

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

It is a great tool when it works properly. It would be great to be able to bulk download artwork as currently we have to download individually which is very time consuming.

Pros

It keeps our artwork reviewing in one place.

Cons

There are quite often bugs when using it and i have to refresh and start again when using it.

Melissa G.

Good for audit trail, not so user friendly

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Could be improved if a submitter can select their preference for reviewers (to ensue all reviewers are managing this consistently by providing feedback through either attachments or into AdMation directly. Also, would like to be able to extract and save feedback that has been loaded to AdMation directly. Sometimes I need to retrieve content that has been reviewed previously and there is no option for key word search. This would be a great enhancement. Also, some pieces have questions rather than a straight accept / reject. It would be great if you could ask questions from the item that is being reviewed.

Pros

Great for audit trail to demonstrate compliance.

Cons

Not easy to navigate or to use features. Terrible search functionality, difficult to understand how to change uploads if a new version is released.

Carol K.

Admation user review

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

I use Admation every day. The developers took in our feedback as users very early on and this made a huge difference to how the system was evolved and to how we use it. It is really easy to use from our perspective as reviewers and approvers. I find the process of uploading new projects very user unfriendly, but like anything, it is a matter of getting used to the system, but this could be improved in my view as a user. We have had very few technical issues with Admation and if we have ever needed tech support, the team has been instantly responsive to solve the issue! Overall I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Uploading new projects/files is unnecessarily complicated.

Kate G.

Admation is lacking many functions that would make it more user-friendly.

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

Pros

The audit trail is a useful feature.

Cons

The inconsistent and seemingly random allocation of job numbers. It would be better to have a job number (e.g. 123456) and then the deliverables are listed as .1, .2 (e.g. 123456.1). This would save lots of time searching and streamline the process.

The fact that sometimes the only option is to go BACK but you can only do this limited times.

The email/messaging feature is clunky. Having to select ALL or ANY when there is only one contact. Having to specify who the recipient is when you are replying to an email.

No 'back to top' feature so lots of scrolling especially in the asset library.

Long subject lines in email e.g. "Your item has been approved/reviewed" which only leaves a few spaces for the actual job name. It would be better if it just said "approved" or "rejected" and gave more of the job name.

There are too many places where information can be stored (e.g. requirements for the job) and it is easy to miss things.

It would be good if there was an option to "download all". Sometimes we have ten or more docs to download and it can be time consuming to do these individually.

As well as "project organisations" and "project team" it would be good if there was a space in the job deliverables detail screen where the name of the designer and copywriter could go.

Response from Automaton

Hi Kate,

Thanks so much for your comments! I've taken note of your points and have passed all of your feedback to the UX team. I agree that features such as the Back to Top scroll will be quite useful!

You'll be pleased to know that we're currently reviewing our subject line structure for email notifications. This release should be available before the end of the month!

I'd really love to hear your suggestions for the ALL/ANY approval when there's only one recipient. I've made a note to start chatting about this with the UX team quite soon.

Lastly, there are ways to download multiple items out of the system. Files can be bulk downloaded, and assets can be bulk exported via the Cart function! It would be great to set up a time to chat about these.

If you'd like to learn more about these options, please email us via [email protected] to arrange a time to chat. Looking forward to it!

Jay W.

AdMation

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

Does most of what we need it to do and the basis of the old PDF workflow is good with notifications in particular

Cons

CX is rubbish. Not intuitive at all. You have to be 'taught' how to use the software as there is no way you coiuld work it out for yourself.

Response from Automaton

Hi Jay,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! We've recently hired a new UX Developer who's looking into improving the customer experience across the board. If you have any comments or suggestions for improving admation, we'd love to hear from you! Please don't hesitate to email [email protected] to pass your suggestions on to the team. Alternatively, you can email me directly.

Great for managing assets

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Pros

Managing tons of artworks and assets was a breeze with this system. Having an approval and audit system made it a lot easier in keeping track of which assets need revisions and which ones are approved.

Cons

UX could be improved when it comes to the speed and responsiveness of the site. As projects keep adding more deliverables, it takes longer for the system to index and load.

Messaging system could use some work as well as it's still a bit clunky (e.g. adding recipients, forwarding messages, etc.)

Kylie D.

Difficult you use. Not straight forward

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Pros

It has all the fields that are required. Once the form is completed the process work seems quite seamless. The approval process and change process is clear and straight forward.

Cons

It's not user friendly. It needs to flow better. The user seems to jumps from section to section . It needs to be clear you go from left to right on the tabs up the top. Not click on a tab here there and everywhere. There should be only tabs at that top of the page and you work your way through the form. Not tabs and links all over the page. Makes it confusing.

Candice F.

Overall good functionality

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

The workflow is simple and customisable. I particularly like the Feedback and Proofing user interface which allows for batch feedback and approvals.

Cons

Frequent timeouts and dropout that often result in losing whole briefs.

7.0/10