Screenful Reviews

Screenful

Visual dashboards and automated team status reports

4.6/5 (58 reviews)
Alex D.

Saves us money on Jira licenses and gives our client stakeholders better insights

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

It was very easy to set up and pretty much worked out of the box.

Pros

- Saves us money on Jira licenses
- Gives our clients stakeholders more meaningful project insights
- Real-time data

Cons

- Would be nicer to have a fully customizable product plan vs the preset plans

Ben L.

A fantastic app that fills a crucial need for scrum teams using Trello

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

A huge part of being a scrum team is being able to utilise a Burndown & track velocity. Trello doesn't give you this functionality and Screenful is a simple, effective plugin that does exactly this. Couldn't use Trello without the Screenful app!

Pros

Clean & stylish interface, easy to get the overview you need in one click. Also nice to customise your dashboard and select which Trello lists to include and exclude etc.

Cons

It would be nice to have a proper 'how to' guide that gives you quick & easy demos of the main features. I found I had to dig around a bit before figuring out how to get the functionality I wanted. It would also be nice to get a bit more reporting functionality on stuff like story points i.e. if we've created a custom field on Trello to measure story points then it would be nice to see points completed per person, per sprint etc.

Will J.

it can create measurable KPIs from Trello boards with a single click.

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Capeterra helps me to discover some alternative apps to meet needs.

Pros

We use Zapier to transfer information from our internal databases to a Trello board. Using Screenful, we measure staff and teams weekly output and monthly lead time. Trello brings about greater visibility, Screenful brings the necessary speed and results focus. As a result we are able to identify our top performers and reward them appropriately. We are very grateful for this product, and wish Screenful much success!

Cons

The cons I list here are all minor.
Is can be difficult to set the date range for a data set.
If a trello list is renamed the data may double up in the time in state chart
It would be nice to have additional sort function for the Task Status chart.

5.0/10

This is great for keeping track of orders processed and turnaround

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/01

This gives me the opportunity to see where we are as a company and a way for me to check in on turnaround times per employee to make sure that the workload is distributed evenly.

Pros

I love that we get the weekly rundown of projects completed. Would love for it to include that week's average completion time per employee

Cons

I wish it had a count of overdue products so I can see and check in on orders that may need attention and I would love to see a feature that shows me projects that did not move in the queue at all for the week so I know that we may have an expiring order.

Response from Screenful

Thanks for the review! You can see the average completion time per individual in the Timing screen. Just select "7 day average" from the top right menu and click the filter icon to select an individual assignee.

For seeing the tasks that are stuck or overdue, check out the Task Status screen. In the chart settings you can choose how to group the data and what to show in the right column (e.g Overdue tasks). You can learn more at https://screenful.com/tour/task-status-screen/

Carlos vinicius D.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

More visibility about the tasks of my team. Increase the engagement of my team.

Pros

It's simple to use and the integration with trello.

Cons

Delay in emails notifications and a plan to nonprofit organizations.

Simone R.

Smart dashboard for agile teams

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Better overview

Pros

Good look & feel (but would be nice to have the possibility to do more customisations - e.g. color palette), smart way of showing data, constantly improved.

Cons

Few integrations with external tools (not only as data sources but also to show infos - e.g. Slack), few customizations, missing the possibility to teach the software about labels (with Trello).

Paul S.

Very easy to get up and running, and gives key information which is hard to find in JIRA/Trello

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Visibility is key to helping others in our organisation understand what, why and when we're building features into our software products - this helped us achieve that and helped teach our colleagues about how to find out what we're up to .

Pros

Cycle time calculations
Simple now and next pages
TV mode works really well
Customisable, and interactive so serves as a dashboard or analytics
Saves so much time in making these metrics visible

Cons

The website is more of an app than a site so it's difficult to link directly to a chart, figure or view - that would be handy for a) sharing and b) ensuring the screen we want appear on our rotation of tabs on our screen.

Simone A.

it does what it supposed to do. nice plugin

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

agile project sprint overview with the burndown chart

Pros

nice graphs, easy settings. a lot of possibilites and different summary to understand how the project is going

Cons

It doens't have an integration with trello for the browser (a plugin) that cover the whole agile features. for example, i need to use both Screenful and "agile for trello" plugin to have a clear idea of the project. more info already showed (with a browser plugin) into trello would be useful.
also, it would be great if there would be some "comparison" between sprints.

Matthew T.

Screenful Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Screenful has given stakeholders and the entire company insight into the daily work our team performs. From an individual team member to the team as a whole, we are able to see progress and possible issues with increases of bugs over time.

Pros

The visual design is very well put together.
Managing Sprints is easy and straight forward.
TV Mode option is great.

Cons

Custom views / graphs is a little lacking. Would be great to utilize any field on a card including custom fields.
Setting a time for Sprint Ending would be great, instead of the day selected at midnight.

Tommy N.

We are using this to measure cycle time, etc. for my software development teams.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Clear metrics on cycle time, outliers, and possible bottlenecks in the flow of our process.

Pros

The lead/cycle time report is great. Extremely clear and like that I can drill down to cards that I see as outliers. The average time in state is another big one for us to see where we can improve flow.

Cons

I wish the filtering was a bit more robust. We have some cards that we did not want to be included in reports so we setup a tag "REPORTING EXCEPTION' but it seems the filtering is only inclusive so if I want to include another tag those cards with the exception tag will be included as well.

I would also like to set some confidence level around cycle time instead of just the average. So that I could say something like: based on the last 30 days data, 80% of your cards were finished in X number of days. Like LeanKit does on its Speed Chart.

Candy K.

Easy to use product with basic customization to capture your agile metrics.

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Quick access to visual performance of our agile activities.

Pros

It's easy to understand. I like the hover instructions explaining specific metrics and the ability to configure your agile environment. The quick snapshot of most common performance metrics is awesome.

Cons

A couple of the configuration settings arent ideal but usable. The biggest improvement I would suggest is to be able to archive and reference back to the screenful summaries from prior weeks.

Paul L.

It's pretty good

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

Very good. Really happy with it and like how it keeps growing. Makes Trello really useful compared to other platfroms.

Pros

Really nice to look at and pretty simple to pickup.

Cons

Would like to customise some of the charts more independently from each other. For instance would like to track the time a card goes from Test to Done without needing one to be in In Progress column.

Screenful for Scrum team

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

Screenful helped us to visualize our Scrum team progress easily. Sprint tasks are handled in several Trello boards. Without extra effort Screenful import this data and makes, analysis the data and produces quality visual reports.

Cons

It doesn't support our Siemens Polarion ALM where our software application lifecycle is managed. Therefore we have extra step to manually export the data to Trello.

Johnny R.

Great tool and key to my executive summary reporting.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

It summarizes everything for the two projects I report on.

Pros

Love that it gives me a high-level view into our 2 key projects as I report to our CEO. I currently use Screenful as 1 of 12 slides using Ludus (an online presentation tool we use here at Fresh).

Cons

I wish that the connection to status would be a LIVE update. Currently, if I update the status to completed or other, it does NOT currently update in realtime. This is a big issue for my reporting, because I always have to give a caveat that it's not 100% accurate. The second thing that is worth noting is that in Asana we typically use the Kanban project view - which means we don't typically mark tasks as completed (or DONE) - we will usually move them to a column called "Completed". It would be great to have a way to select what DONE means for my project even if it means selecting a given column.

Response from Screenful

Thanks for the review! If you map the "Completed" column to "Done" in the workflow mapping then tasks in that column are considered, there's no need to check them done separately.

If you want to make sure that the data is up to date, you can trigger update manually at the Settings->Integrations->Asana.

Sabrina G.

Great experience, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Definitely I got order for all project and visibility

Pros

Templates help me a lot to have all details needed
Workspaces to have multiple boards are awesome

Cons

There are no enough colors for labels, this will be useful
There is not option to add extra statuses for stories, I will add another to say that the story is in PROD environment

Naffy C.

Great for digging into the details and monitoring the bigger picture

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Pros

The different dashboards available adapt to our team's reporting needs even as these change. We mainly use the Epics dashboard to monitor progress on our monthly and quarterly goals. It provides great insight into the bigger picture, delays, and bottlenecks. They also release free and helpful power-up for Trello regularly that enhance Screenful's reporting capabilities.

Cons

You have to go into the configuration settings every now and then to make sure things are right. Sometimes settings seem to change/update without notice when new data sources are added.

Leonardo F.

Thank you Screenful ! But..

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Screenful is a good solution mainly by saving our time from tracking the dancing of cards across the board bringing us valueable metrics. Screenful together with Trello epic plug-in have consistently helped ChefsClub Technology and Product Team to keep things on track helping figure out what is going wrong. As a suggestion for further improvements i would recommend offer some kind of 'plus' package exploring more information about the Trello card comments. With this kind of feature i would be able to get insights about communication efficiency and cards delivered, for example.

Pros

The easiness of extracting valuable metrics daily and weekly about the team.

Cons

More visualization options and more customized data/date intervals.

Michael D.

Awsome

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

Easy to use! Great metrics. I'm using it to follow statistics about incidents in a call center

Cons

Nothing!! Software is awsome!!!

Lucas J.

is fantastic

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

specific and clean design, is beautiful and have a great organization of components in the boards :)

Cons

is fantastic but, sometime I need that was possible to disable some specific days and the weekend days, because in these sprint days my team not work and the screenful time keeps running

Damien L.

It was hard to show dashboards on TV without playing with the Jira API. ScreenFul did it for us!!!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

We are able to show our Jira dashboards on multiple TV screens without login every time to Jira.

Also , the Screenful screens/dashboards are beautiful!

Pros

The design, colours of the UI and the data are well presented.

It's also very easy to configure the existing templates.
We will start to create custom dashboards soon for all our projects.

Cons

It has been difficult to explain the lead time screen to all our teams.

I'm not Scrum master and I had to read the Screenful documentation and made some slides to explain what is it exactly and how to read it properly.

Maybe we need also more tweaking on Screenful to reflect our way to use Jira.

Kit F.

My go to for awesome agile reporting

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I use Screenful to help provide colleagues with an easy way to enable beautiful agile metrics and ween them off time consuming manual reporting

Pros

Brings all the best standard metrics I need together with a wealth of custom features

Cons

Mainly focussed on single team metrics currently - suspect this will be fixed in time

Keith W.

Our company's Screenfull experience has felt easy, intuitive and focused on the user.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Thorough overview of the sprint process, employee time management, and metrics to aid in sprint planning and backlog grooming.

Pros

Screenful delivers accurate, self-managed metrics with lots of options. Our company was pleasantly surprised to find burn-down charts and employee data essential to our sprint cycles managed through Trello. The data we've been able to access has had a measurable, positive impact on our daily and monthly goals.

Cons

We would like to see a few features implemented in later releases:
- Manual refresh from the native app
- A native mobile experience
- Application styling customization

Raphael R.

Best tool for control of sprints

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

This tool changed our management structure. Now, we can see our speed and evolution over the time.

Pros

Easy to use, awesome graphics, lot of details

Cons

More metrics combination. But, for me this tool is perfect.

Jack P.

Screenfull Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

It's basic use is to track and report KPIs for my department.

Pros

The graphical interface is very good. It is easily understood by upper-management

Cons

Not very flexible in it's configuration.

Zachary E.

Easy Metrics to Provide insight

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

The biggest thing this solves for our company is being able to show number of requests by division, and how long it takes us to complete tasks.

Pros

I love how it integrates with my trello board. We use it to manage our Web Development projects, and this make it super easy for me to show the Executive Team how we are managing projects, and what our lead time is.

Cons

I wish the sprints could be on a schedule and auto start a new sprint. If I forget to start a new sprint, it throws an error if I try to say the sprint was started on a previous day.