Screenful Reviews

Screenful

Visual dashboards & automated team status reports

4.6/5 (42 reviews)
Ben L.

A fantastic app that fills a crucial need for scrum teams using Trello

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

A huge part of being a scrum team is being able to utilise a Burndown & track velocity. Trello doesn't give you this functionality and Screenful is a simple, effective plugin that does exactly this. Couldn't use Trello without the Screenful app!

Pros

Clean & stylish interface, easy to get the overview you need in one click. Also nice to customise your dashboard and select which Trello lists to include and exclude etc.

Cons

It would be nice to have a proper 'how to' guide that gives you quick & easy demos of the main features. I found I had to dig around a bit before figuring out how to get the functionality I wanted. It would also be nice to get a bit more reporting functionality on stuff like story points i.e. if we've created a custom field on Trello to measure story points then it would be nice to see points completed per person, per sprint etc.

Will J.

it can create measurable KPIs from Trello boards with a single click.

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Capeterra helps me to discover some alternative apps to meet needs.

Pros

We use Zapier to transfer information from our internal databases to a Trello board. Using Screenful, we measure staff and teams weekly output and monthly lead time. Trello brings about greater visibility, Screenful brings the necessary speed and results focus. As a result we are able to identify our top performers and reward them appropriately. We are very grateful for this product, and wish Screenful much success!

Cons

The cons I list here are all minor.
Is can be difficult to set the date range for a data set.
If a trello list is renamed the data may double up in the time in state chart
It would be nice to have additional sort function for the Task Status chart.

5.0/10

This is great for keeping track of orders processed and turnaround

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/01

This gives me the opportunity to see where we are as a company and a way for me to check in on turnaround times per employee to make sure that the workload is distributed evenly.

Pros

I love that we get the weekly rundown of projects completed. Would love for it to include that week's average completion time per employee

Cons

I wish it had a count of overdue products so I can see and check in on orders that may need attention and I would love to see a feature that shows me projects that did not move in the queue at all for the week so I know that we may have an expiring order.

Response from Screenful

Thanks for the review! You can see the average completion time per individual in the Timing screen. Just select "7 day average" from the top right menu and click the filter icon to select an individual assignee.

For seeing the tasks that are stuck or overdue, check out the Task Status screen. In the chart settings you can choose how to group the data and what to show in the right column (e.g Overdue tasks). You can learn more at https://screenful.com/tour/task-status-screen/

Simone R.

Smart dashboard for agile teams

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Better overview

Pros

Good look & feel (but would be nice to have the possibility to do more customisations - e.g. color palette), smart way of showing data, constantly improved.

Cons

Few integrations with external tools (not only as data sources but also to show infos - e.g. Slack), few customizations, missing the possibility to teach the software about labels (with Trello).

Paul S.

Very easy to get up and running, and gives key information which is hard to find in JIRA/Trello

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Visibility is key to helping others in our organisation understand what, why and when we're building features into our software products - this helped us achieve that and helped teach our colleagues about how to find out what we're up to .

Pros

Cycle time calculations
Simple now and next pages
TV mode works really well
Customisable, and interactive so serves as a dashboard or analytics
Saves so much time in making these metrics visible

Cons

The website is more of an app than a site so it's difficult to link directly to a chart, figure or view - that would be handy for a) sharing and b) ensuring the screen we want appear on our rotation of tabs on our screen.

Simone A.

it does what it supposed to do. nice plugin

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

agile project sprint overview with the burndown chart

Pros

nice graphs, easy settings. a lot of possibilites and different summary to understand how the project is going

Cons

It doens't have an integration with trello for the browser (a plugin) that cover the whole agile features. for example, i need to use both Screenful and "agile for trello" plugin to have a clear idea of the project. more info already showed (with a browser plugin) into trello would be useful.
also, it would be great if there would be some "comparison" between sprints.

Tommy N.

We are using this to measure cycle time, etc. for my software development teams.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

Clear metrics on cycle time, outliers, and possible bottlenecks in the flow of our process.

Pros

The lead/cycle time report is great. Extremely clear and like that I can drill down to cards that I see as outliers. The average time in state is another big one for us to see where we can improve flow.

Cons

I wish the filtering was a bit more robust. We have some cards that we did not want to be included in reports so we setup a tag "REPORTING EXCEPTION' but it seems the filtering is only inclusive so if I want to include another tag those cards with the exception tag will be included as well.

I would also like to set some confidence level around cycle time instead of just the average. So that I could say something like: based on the last 30 days data, 80% of your cards were finished in X number of days. Like LeanKit does on its Speed Chart.

Candy K.

Easy to use product with basic customization to capture your agile metrics.

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Quick access to visual performance of our agile activities.

Pros

It's easy to understand. I like the hover instructions explaining specific metrics and the ability to configure your agile environment. The quick snapshot of most common performance metrics is awesome.

Cons

A couple of the configuration settings arent ideal but usable. The biggest improvement I would suggest is to be able to archive and reference back to the screenful summaries from prior weeks.

Screenful for Scrum team

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

Screenful helped us to visualize our Scrum team progress easily. Sprint tasks are handled in several Trello boards. Without extra effort Screenful import this data and makes, analysis the data and produces quality visual reports.

Cons

It doesn't support our Siemens Polarion ALM where our software application lifecycle is managed. Therefore we have extra step to manually export the data to Trello.

Johnny R.

Great tool and key to my executive summary reporting.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

It summarizes everything for the two projects I report on.

Pros

Love that it gives me a high-level view into our 2 key projects as I report to our CEO. I currently use Screenful as 1 of 12 slides using Ludus (an online presentation tool we use here at Fresh).

Cons

I wish that the connection to status would be a LIVE update. Currently, if I update the status to completed or other, it does NOT currently update in realtime. This is a big issue for my reporting, because I always have to give a caveat that it's not 100% accurate. The second thing that is worth noting is that in Asana we typically use the Kanban project view - which means we don't typically mark tasks as completed (or DONE) - we will usually move them to a column called "Completed". It would be great to have a way to select what DONE means for my project even if it means selecting a given column.

Response from Screenful

Thanks for the review! If you map the "Completed" column to "Done" in the workflow mapping then tasks in that column are considered, there's no need to check them done separately.

If you want to make sure that the data is up to date, you can trigger update manually at the Settings->Integrations->Asana.

Sabrina G.

Great experience, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Definitely I got order for all project and visibility

Pros

Templates help me a lot to have all details needed
Workspaces to have multiple boards are awesome

Cons

There are no enough colors for labels, this will be useful
There is not option to add extra statuses for stories, I will add another to say that the story is in PROD environment

Michael D.

Awsome

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

Easy to use! Great metrics. I'm using it to follow statistics about incidents in a call center

Cons

Nothing!! Software is awsome!!!

Lucas J.

is fantastic

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

specific and clean design, is beautiful and have a great organization of components in the boards :)

Cons

is fantastic but, sometime I need that was possible to disable some specific days and the weekend days, because in these sprint days my team not work and the screenful time keeps running

Damien L.

It was hard to show dashboards on TV without playing with the Jira API. ScreenFul did it for us!!!

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

We are able to show our Jira dashboards on multiple TV screens without login every time to Jira.

Also , the Screenful screens/dashboards are beautiful!

Pros

The design, colours of the UI and the data are well presented.

It's also very easy to configure the existing templates.
We will start to create custom dashboards soon for all our projects.

Cons

It has been difficult to explain the lead time screen to all our teams.

I'm not Scrum master and I had to read the Screenful documentation and made some slides to explain what is it exactly and how to read it properly.

Maybe we need also more tweaking on Screenful to reflect our way to use Jira.

Kit F.

My go to for awesome agile reporting

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I use Screenful to help provide colleagues with an easy way to enable beautiful agile metrics and ween them off time consuming manual reporting

Pros

Brings all the best standard metrics I need together with a wealth of custom features

Cons

Mainly focussed on single team metrics currently - suspect this will be fixed in time

Keith W.

Our company's Screenfull experience has felt easy, intuitive and focused on the user.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Thorough overview of the sprint process, employee time management, and metrics to aid in sprint planning and backlog grooming.

Pros

Screenful delivers accurate, self-managed metrics with lots of options. Our company was pleasantly surprised to find burn-down charts and employee data essential to our sprint cycles managed through Trello. The data we've been able to access has had a measurable, positive impact on our daily and monthly goals.

Cons

We would like to see a few features implemented in later releases:
- Manual refresh from the native app
- A native mobile experience
- Application styling customization

Raphael R.

Best tool for control of sprints

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

This tool changed our management structure. Now, we can see our speed and evolution over the time.

Pros

Easy to use, awesome graphics, lot of details

Cons

More metrics combination. But, for me this tool is perfect.

Zachary E.

Easy Metrics to Provide insight

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

The biggest thing this solves for our company is being able to show number of requests by division, and how long it takes us to complete tasks.

Pros

I love how it integrates with my trello board. We use it to manage our Web Development projects, and this make it super easy for me to show the Executive Team how we are managing projects, and what our lead time is.

Cons

I wish the sprints could be on a schedule and auto start a new sprint. If I forget to start a new sprint, it throws an error if I try to say the sprint was started on a previous day.

Andy M.

Easy stats, beautiful dashboards, makes a big difference

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

We had a hard time getting easy-to-understand and automated stats out of our Jira instance that we could display on a TV in our workspace. Screenful bridges that gap with beatiful, easy dashboards.

Pros

I searched high and low for a good solution to give me some automated dashboards I could put up for our Jira projects. Screenful delivers that in spades. It's easy to use and provides nice visuals that help my team see where they are at in the sprints. It provides great value for us.

Cons

I can't really think of anything - it serves our needs well.

Emil R.

Good experience overall, perfect fit for getting some basic Kanban stats out of Trellp

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Stats on my Trello boards, which I wouldn't have otherwise.

Pros

Easy to use, and easy to connect to Trello, good that you can combine multiple boards into one view.

Cons

Being able to slice the data a bit more manually would be a nice feature so that you could build some more custom dashboards, cycle time between Trello lists would be a nice feature.

Response from Screenful

Hi Emil, thanks for the review! We can certainly report cycle time between Trello lists. Just go to the Timing screen and click-through from any of the "Cycle time" headings. You'll get a chart showing the cycle time per Trello list.

Stephan P.

The ultimate set of charts for tracking product development progress

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

best insights into product development progress, and super easy to setup.

Pros

Effortless setup of account & highly relevant charts. Had a dozen amazing charts showing on wall TV in minutes. And these are amazing charts, both in elegance and insightfulness, that really reflect KPIs that matter.

Cons

So far only small niggles that have to do with a few charting parameters, and historical data import limitations. But so far their team has been super responsive and implemented every requested adjustment asked for. So no major complaints.

It really ties the Agile package together

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

We ran Trello as the main backlog for development work. While some add-ons helped within Trello to provide some automation, it was Screenful that heightened the entire process - adding trackable Sprints, visually getting across the work required, and providing transparency to the entire business through Weekly Digest emails, and TV Mode to display Sprints and key metrics on televisions around the office.

Pros

That it provides the ability for setting Sprints with a Trello backend.

Cons

Frankly, it's been wonderful. Any issue (of which there have only been minor and few) were resolved overnight.

Joan C.

Easy to use software to keep a control tower in our Process.

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

A Central performance view of our process.

Pros

What we found the most useful it was the Dashboard with the Lead time and cycle time.
The Team activities grouped by in progress for more thn X days. And how easy to configure and change the different dashboards is.

Cons

One of the GAPs we see it was that you can not personalize what dashboards each user has access, But I just realized that this has ben sorted out. so probably and as a process control tool that is the use we gave I don't see anything else required.

Elegant and simple to use.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Great tool for visualizing progress to the team. Makes it incredibly easy to collate data from Trello into a easy to read format.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, well designed and visually pleasing.

Cons

Price is a bit high for the simplicity of it, especially for smaller teams.

7.0/10
Maria grazia A.

Great dashboards for Trello!

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

Very easy to setup , it allows to visualize the sprint burndown chart, and manage better the activities in Trello. If you create custom fields in Trello, these are automatically used in the dashboards. Great value for money!

Cons

The dashboards are quite rich, but you cannot customize them too much. You have to configure the dashboard before starting your sprint, otherwise the burndown will not be complete