Hive

Powerful project management and collaboration platform.

Sadie P.

Thank you Hive for making our business run seamlessly!

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Hive has made communication between our company's team easy. Now, we don't have to constantly call each other, have follow-up meetings, and walk into each other's offices. We can simply log into Hive and see who is doing what. We know when things are due and what needs to be done next. Because of Hive communication is easy so we can focus on getting jobs done for clients and getting them done on time.

Pros

Hive is ridiculously user friendly. I like most how our team can collaborate on different tasks and we all know who is doing what and when. We also know when everything is due and what is to be done next. It makes communication and completing tasks practically effortless. Now we can focus less on the lists and to-do's because of Hive; now, we have more time to focus on actually completing the tasks themselves. Because of Hive, we can get jobs completed for customers on time. I also really like the time clock feature, where we can log our hours for different tasks and clients. Plus, anytime I have questions or troubles, the Hive customer support team is right there, ready to help. I can't rave about Hive enough.

Cons

I honestly have nothing that I least like about this software. It's an amazing product that myself and our company uses every day.

Bram V.

Easy project management

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Hive has been a great help in keeping an overview of all the different projects that run simultaneously. Assigning tasks, checking off to-do lists and tracking time is what I use Hive for on a daily basis, and with great pleasure!

Pros

The software is really easy to use - and very friendly to the eyes and mind. I love using the Gantt-chart option when setting up projects, to keep a nice overview of the status of a project.

For employees to be able to switch project views is an excellent tool too, because not everyone needs the overview like me.

Cons

What I like least is the way integration with email and Slack is done. It definitely works, and probably like charm knowing the team and the software, but it sits on a rather small portion of the screen and makes the rest of the app a lot smaller, too.

Response from Hive Technology

Hi Bram,

Thanks for leaving a review of Hive! We're thrilled that you've been loving Gantt. If there's ever anything we can do for you, feel free to reach out at [email protected]

Best,
The Hive Team

Nate H.

Hive Keeps Us Organized

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Very satisfied and very positive! If you need a project management tool I would 100% recommend Hive. If you have a management tool and are also using a chat app like google hangouts or Slack I'd make the switch to house it all in one place.

Pros

Besides the obvious project management features that Hive excels at and that our team uses daily, the biggest gamechanger (and one I didn't expect when we launched Hive to be so impactful) is the chat function. For companies or groups who employ other apps like Slack, Hive offers a more streamlined place to hold all of your conversations in the same platform you manage and keep track of your work. It's been a huge boost for our team to have group and individual chats.

Cons

Hive is still making changes and updates to its platform. This is typically a benefit as we appreciate working with a platform that is always seeking to optimize and improve. However there has been a few bugs due to updates that have limited access into the platform for a small amount of time (less than an hour). The issue is usually resolved quickly but it does set us back if and when it happens.

Response from Hive Technology

Thanks for your great review, Nate! We're happy to hear you enjoy using Hive. We are always working to improve the platform and launch new features with minimal impact on our users. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed along to the product team. Thanks for being a part of the Hive family!

Carolina P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great application for managing multiple projects

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

I'm able to tell the clients exactly in what stage their project is in a few clicks. No task is or project is left behind!

Pros

How easy it is to see the progress, or lack, of progress of a project. The analytics part is also very helpful especially the time spend on different task.

Cons

The phone version is slow. I would like to be log in in my account instead of having to log on all the time.

Dave S.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

First Time User

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

One of the first steps in the proposal process for sales leads is to complete an opportunity form which provides me with the details that I will need to begin developing the proposal document. The Hive application has provided me with an easy option for using the form function to create an opportunity form. The application provides me with a notification when this form is completed. After viewing the form I am able to pull the information I need and then attach this form and information to an existing or new project. Thus begins the proposal process. As a new user I am just beginning to understand all of the application's functionality, but with this first step in the process I am beginning to see how Hive will create a lot of efficiencies moving forward.

Pros

It's very user intuitive. As a new user I have been able to pick up and user the application rather quickly and with little training. I especially like the forms function as I have been able to reduce the amount of attachments I send via email by having other users complete required form information right in Hive and then attach this information directly to a project.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like about the application.

So hail A.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Home Automation and control

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

This software is really cool if you want to automate things in your house such as your heating and lighting where you can use sensors for when you walk into your house they will turn the lights on automatically. The app they offer is really easy to use and very straight forward. The downside is that sometimes it lags so if a sensor goes off it does not turn the lights on right away. In summary, the idea is really good and the execution is good but the reliability needs to be worked on as it does not always work.

Pros

Good design idea and easy to use

Cons

Not very reliable yet as it sometimes fails to work as expected, looks like they have some bugs to sort out

Lindsey A.
  • Industry: Design

Hive Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall positive, I think it has improved record keeping and overall project flow.

Pros

I love that I can have actions/subactions for projects with the appropriate team members assigned, and that in the review process we are able to implement multiple stages, and that all creates a record of progress throughout a particular job.

Cons

Can be hard to get all team members using things in the same way, and that can make things messy. But I do not believe that to be a software issue unless it is just too customizable.

• Industry: Translation & Localization

Excellent project management app

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

Very easy to use. Provides you with different perspectives on your project / tasks.

Cons

Mobile app was not the best. When we asked about it - they said 'a new app would be coming'. Notifications were unreliable.

Bianca l. P.

Trello on Steroids

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Better communication and organization among our small team. Better management of longer-term tasks and projects.

Pros

I really like how organized Hive is designed and the ability the create custom views. The program is feature-rich, with templates, timers, snooze, priority, Slack, Google drive and GitHub integrations, time tracking, and resource management. Hive has really useful built-in apps like News, which we use to keep our office up-to-date with the latest changes. New features are being added all the time so it's exciting to see them grow. Also, current features are being improved upon which is great.

Cons

I wish I could invite "Lite" users, that are cheaper to add, but who can view and edit only selected tickets.

Steve D.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amazing, fantastic and useful.

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Hive is really good. I love it because it makes my work easier. Creating and assigning tasks is easy and fast.

Pros

First i must disclose that for you to work smart, you must have such a great software for project tracking. Hive is a recommendable software suitable for managing all your work schedules. I love everything about it.

Cons

To be sincere, i don't have anything to mention as a dislike about Hive. It meets all my needs without any errors.

Response from Hive Technology

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your review of Hive. We're excited to hear that Hive makes your work easier and more efficient.

All best,
The Hive Team

• Industry: Design

Best Productivity Platform I've Used

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

It's been great so far! I do wish some of my feedback was put into effect quicker.

Pros

Love that it keeps all of my projects organized and includes a chat feature! It's the perfect mix of an Asana and Slack.

Cons

Some of the features are lacking, but I've been in constant communication with my rep.

Kate Z.

Great organizer!

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

It's simple and effective, so that many people can complete large projects at once.

Pros

The ability to create multiple boards with many color-coded cards that have the assignees' profile picture on them is a very clean way of organizing what needs to be done.

Cons

It seems like the endless pit of sub-actions could be organized differently, rather than it being almost the exact same thing as the parent card.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Pretty Solid Product with nice features

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

There were plenty of features that make this a solid tool

Cons

I didn't have any issues, it was more than what we needed. We used a combination of a couple of free tools for our use case

Alexandra B.

one happy customer!

Reviewed on 2016/05/02

So happy to have started using this - it is easy to use and so helpful - big pro is that it integrates with Google Drive. Would definitely recommend it

• Industry: Law Practice

Hive is Very Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Hive has been helpful in organizing everything the people in my organization are doing.

Pros

This software is very simple and user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the tabs overlap (ex: to do, and group to do). I would like to be able to see everything in one place.

Katherine H.

Great!!

Reviewed on 2016/05/03

Hive is very easy to use and is great t help me manage tasks! It's very useful and I like how it integrates with google drive!

Gabrielle T.

Great for productivity

Reviewed on 2016/05/02

Love the dashboard feature

Lindsey P.

Good and Bad, but Mostly Good

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Overall, Hive works for our Marketing team and customer service is exceptional (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]).

The biggest frustration is that we tested a few systems and chose Hive because it combined messaging, we liked the look of it, and the ability to link external apps if desired. The ultimate reason we chose Hive, though, was because when tested, projects with a date range for a due date showed up at the beginning of that range, which is exactly what we needed and no other system did that. However, a month after we switched and installed, that changed and they now show on the due date which causes issues (and extra messages and meetings) for our team to make sure stuff is being worked on proactively.

We've had a large amount of issues with recurring actions and auto-snooze as mentioned above and I've reported it several times.

We've had Hive around 8-10 months and just went through redoing our entire workspace to hopefully make it more streamlined due to the systemic issues we were having. With that, I'll say there are several ways to utilize Hive and you can find what fits for your team.

So overall, good and bad - mostly good.

Pros

For our team of five, the most beneficial features are: ability to assign two people, ability to color code projects, ability to track time within a task, ability to add approvers within a task, direct and group messaging within the app (replaced separate use of Slack), Notes and ability to share them, and the "status" and "table" views for projects.

Cons

For our team, we have had repeat issues with recurring actions not functioning correctly, specifically with auto-snoozing actions and sub actions (even past their due date) as well as due dates when we try to update recurring actions. We shifted our set-up and re-entered all actions at one point to try and workaround the need for a recurring action. We also prefer for actions with a date range for a due date to show up as of the start of that date range so we know how many days we have to work on something, however they show up the day it's due.

Response from Hive Technology

Thanks for your review, Lindsey! We're happy to hear that Hive is a helpful tool for your marketing team. Your feedback is also appreciated, and will be passed along to the product team here at Hive. Cheers!

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Nice IU, has awesome apps as add ons.

Reviewed on 2021/03/07

Great tool, Awesome User interface, wide variety of features. HIVE must try to include individual based pricing for organizations as each user requirements differ in a diverse organization and HIVE could end up losing in this competitive field. HIVE should come up with AI based tools to assist along with its existing project management framework.

Pros

Great user interface. Ease of use, can get started easily, lots of features and add on apps. Add action cards to project via email and assign users to the action card.

Cons

Too expensive. We need to pay the same price for all users, the price of the version with the most apps and features- even if many users may not use those features.

That there is no AI based offering, a smart AI based offering that could read the emails and automatically create projects/action cards and assign users to the action cards/projects. We have to manually do that, I think HIVE has the capability to evolve to this point.

Response from Hive Technology

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy using Hive, and that you find our interface so appealing and easy to use. I will make sure to pass along your other feedback about price and AI to the appropriate teams here at Hive. Cheers!

Jeff C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Close But Not Quite

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Timely response to chat logs. It would be a great product if the e-mail integration actually added value to ones workflow.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to navigate. Many useful features you would expect with a project collaboration tool.

Cons

Gmail attachments make into to the HIVE e-mail interface only about half of the time. Of those that do make it into HIVE about 65% must be downloaded rather than simply read. Hive will read a g.doc via Drive but all other attachments must be downloaded. If you create an action from the Hive e-mail and want to work on the documents that are attached, you would have to download and reattach the the documents to the action card. That renders HIVE e-mail integration about useless if you get a lot of e-mails with attachments. For me Hive is a no go for that reason. But, also because only half of the attachments even make into Hive to begin with.

Stephen brent M.

The project management product we were looking for

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

We looked at and tested several project management options and had used several in the past. Hive was never on our radar and unfortunately isn't as well known, but we discovered it through the WeWork employee portal and gave it a try. The set up was simple, it offered flexibility in terms of how you view and sort projects. It also allowed us to add external users without paying for a seat. This was extremely important because we want our clients to have access to our project boards, but we don't need full functionality for them.

While it wasn't available when we first started using it, the addition of time tracking was a huge bonus for us as an agency, and Hive continues to impress us by adding additional features and functionality. When it comes to support, they are extremely responsive and in the rare times we have had to utilize support, issues have been resolved to satusfaction.

Cons

I wish there was a native integration with HubSpot, but we're able to get around that with Zapier.

Lindsey S.
  • Industry: Accounting

We love Hive!

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Hive has allowed us to seamlessly connect, communication, collaborate between our team members, while being organized and efficient.

Pros

This software has helped us streamline our operations - allowing our team of designers and project managers to communicate and work on projects collaboratively and seamlessly. It helps us all be on the same page and ensures that we get our projects done on time.

Cons

We have no cons to report. Any issues we have with the software are related to organization and user set up. For example, if one doesn't check their "flagged items" daily, then they back up, which is a problem but it's on the user.

Wagner A.

A good tool for multiple projects

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

My company works with local and remote teams. With Hive we manage and use human resources more assertively. Some of the tools of the platform, such as the management of estimated time to complete the tasks, helps us to work in this mixed regime.

Pros

one of the best features of the tool is the ability to view projects in different ways. Be it as a schedule, status or Gantt view.
This allows us to configure the best way to follow each project, either by the team's need or simply to facilitate the follow-up on a daily basis.
I recommend for teams with a mixed regime of employees (presence and remote) and for those who work with multiple projects requiring daily updating

Cons

Unfortunately the mobile app version of the platform still has many problems. It is necessary to change the visualization of the tasks and to improve the speed of access and update, the simple act of changing the menu options generates a lot of loading time. I believe that the mobile version needs a complete overhaul, I've already tried to use it on the iOS and Android platforms, but the problems are similar and many members of my team simply stopped using the app.

Ashley S.
  • Industry: Research

Great way to organize your team & work flow!

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Veyr good. It works perfectly for us as a small firm working priarily remotely.

Pros

Hive is a great software for organizing our team's time, projects and work flow. Our team works remotely, and this tool really helps us to connect with one another and coordinate our efforts. As an administrator, I am able to easily monitor projects to ensure we are on time and budget (using the time tracking estimates), and my team's time to ensure our resources have enough but not too much work. It also allows us to measure our productivity and adjust our time and budget estimates for future projects.

Cons

It was a bi of a learning curve, so although ease of use now is okay I think this part could be enhanced. We are unable to send emails from hive using alias', which is difficult because I use one for my firm (many small business do) and makes the email feature unusable for us and there should be an option so that only administrators can see time of other employees. This is for us to monitor and it is inappropriate for other employees to see, as they do not necessarily know the circumstances for another staff which may be confidential.

Prabhdeep S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Hive Review

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

It's really customizable. You can view the same project in a lot of different ways. It also great that you have a bunch of separate projects, but can view them all together with summary view. There are just so many options that it really fits the needs of my whole team.

Cons

I wish there were more integrations, but I think they are working on adding more. Also, I would love if they could add time tracking, but besides that there isn't too much I dislike. I had some trouble figuring out the new forms feature, but the customer support team was really helpful in getting that resolved.