4,4
4,6
4,3
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good for tracking what you've done

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Using IDoneThis really helps me feel like I've accomplished things during the week.

Pros

As a knowledge worker, I would often look back on the week and feel like I hadn't gotten anything done. IDoneThis helps me track what projects I've worked on as well as all of the other daily tasks that get thrown in. IDoneThis is easy to use, easy to access, and I really like that you can enter dones and to-dos manually, as well as via email reminder.

Cons

I like the calendar feature, but don't like that I can't click between dates or see, overall, what I've done in a length of time. I have to click on each individual date to see what I've done for the day and that can be quite slow and cumbersome.

Olga Z.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

A simply and elegant tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I use it as a diary, to keep track of my productivity from day to day. It's very effective and gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

Pros

It's very simple to use and very effective in its functionality. It allows me to email in the tasks that I accomplished and to keep track of them via the calendar. I also love the reminders, included in the email, of what I accomplished on the same day weeks and months ago.

Cons

I'd love to have it as an app for my phone.

Joshua N.

I have been using idonethis since 2014 and it does what it say it does really well. Can't be wrong.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Helps me keep track of what I've done daily.

Pros

I use it to keep track of what I've done via the daily reminder email. It allows me to export all of the tasks in CSV annually. This way I get an overview of what I have done. It really helps me to have a good idea of my productivity.

Cons

The new version helps with team tasks management. But I don't really use those features, I wish there are ways for me to toggle it for solo use.

Sebastian F.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

Perfect chance for a daily reflection

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I use idonethis for many years as a daily reflection tool. Both for business and for private use.
It helps me to identify patterns and to check my output.

Pros

- I could use it via email reply
- It sends me things I wrote last year
- I could export it via calendar
- It reminds me every evening

Cons

- The website interface is a little bit oldschool and slow (but I use e-mail replys anyway)

Kathleen D.
Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent Task Recording Tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

I appreciate the export to a CSV file feature... this very easily allows me to provide my management a monthly recap of accomplishments.

Pros

I use the free version to record my own task/done list at work via the Mac App integration (I can log in using my Google acct with a single click). The app just sits on my desktop where I can easily make entries as my day progresses. I especially like having the ability to #tag keywords for easy recaps of particular types of tasks.

Cons

No complaints... although it would be great to have the option to enter single entries (like the old Mac App) vs. adding to a list (smaller footprint on the desktop).

Sheena A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

iDoneThis does the remembering for you

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

This service makes it EASY to track every little task and project I complete. I've been using it for six years. That means if I'm doing first quarter planning, I can go back and look at what I did the first quarter the last few years and see what I can repeat and how I can build on the past. The more you advance in your career, the less you can rely on your memory. iDoneThis does the remembering for me. I often forget my accomplishments, but iDoneThis lets me go back and reflect and see how I've grown. All I have to do is reply to an email iDoneThis sends me every day, and it enters my completed tasks for me. If you don't track what you've done, it's almost as if you didn't even do it. iDoneThis adds tremendous value because it tracks and helps you measure your progress. I recommend this to anyone who will listen.

Cons

Would be nice if I could figure out how to integrate my calendar with iDoneThis.

Angela R.
Industry: Music

Keeping Track

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I'm a musician, music therapist and writer simply keeping track of daily work. I don't work with a team, but I use 'I Done This' to note thoughts and ideas about work and life in general as well as noting the work I've done that day. It's easy to search past entries to review ideas and this takes away some of the fear of losing ideas that might have mileage.

Pros

The 'I Done This' software with its daily reminder email makes it simple to note each day what I've done, as it's easy to forget the detail in a busy life.

Cons

I use the software at a pretty basic level and there's nothing that annoys me about it.

Meher T.
Industry: Computer Software

Room for improvement, especially around notifications across the board!

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pretty good overall... does help the team.

Pros

Does what it is supposed to in general...

Cons

Wish had better options for being notified... if I do comment on someone's done, I would expect to at least have the option to be notified to any responses on that 'thread' (rather than remind folks to add an @mention).
Reminders are also a bit too quick to disappear for folks not updating (for example when on vacaction, one would have to get back and reset reminders...).

Alex W.
Industry: Real Estate

Great Communication Channel

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

It keeps me informed, and is such an easy to use platform for anyone.

Pros

I like the new platform vs. the one I used in 2014-2016, being able to load goals and check them off is a feature I find really beneficial. Training a new employee to use Idone is more than simple. If they have ever used a social media platform, they can navigate this one just as easily.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes, I really like Idone.

Sean P.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Idiot proof

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I've used it for years as a quick and easy way to record time spent on various tasks/jobs. I don't need a complex timesheet app with loads of bells and whistles, so IDoneThis is perfect for me.

Pros

Really simple to use. The email prompt is a genius idea.

Cons

Calendar view for reviewing entries is not as easy to use as it might be.

Michael M.

Easy tracking of a day's accomplishments.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

Easy tracking of a day's accomplishments with daily email reminders. Team features make it easy to keep track of a teams progress.

Cons

The lack of an android app to generate push notifications for daily reminders does make it harder to keep on top of updates.

Jack H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Love this little app

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Take a look at my PROs. Love this little tool.

Pros

I needed something to help me (1) keep track of what I needed to do and - more importantly - (2) remind myself of what I actually got done. This little tool makes it ridiculously easy to do both of those things. Very easy to use, very fast, and very helpful.

Cons

I'd like to be able to re-arrange the visual display of items.

Alex K.
Industry: Retail

An easy to use tool that helps me to stay organized and motivated

Reviewed on 2017/08/04

Motivation, organizing my daily tasks, organizing teamwork

Pros

I do most like the simplicity of the tool. Idonethis is a proof that powerfull tools don't neet to be complex.

Cons

Prices. In my eyes the rates are too high. Competetive solutions have more functionality, but lower prices.

Shirley V.
Industry: Hospitality

(y)

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I use IDoneThis primarily for working w/ depression. Being able to see how much or little I did on one day is motivating, as well as it is very satisfying to put something down as done, much better than creating a list of things to do.

Pros

Easy to use, can access anywhere b/c via browser, sign-in via Google.

Cons

A lot of bugs, i.e. can’t switch b/w dates sometimes. Also, there isn’t an overall view of seeing your list, unless you export. Too simple for what it is, would really like app of some sort w/ more features, such as overall view, sub-dones, re-sort by oldest, alphabetical, etc.

Todd O.
Industry: Retail

Helps me keep track of what's being done on a day-to-day basis, even if I'm not in the office.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

As said before, the two best things about IDoneThis hav been my employees' willingness to use it on a regular basis and the daily update email.

Pros

The two best things about IDoneThis have been 1.) My employees' willingness to use it on a regular basis, and 2.) The daily update email that includes all the information from what was accomplished the day before. Those two things alone make it worth the investment.

Cons

It's not cheap for what it accomplishes. For now, I'm willing to pay for it for the two pros I listed above; they're that important to me.

Marianne S.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

good basic tracking tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

My team felt in love with this alternative to case management for tracking of post activities at desk
Everything is basic which is sometimes the best choice (less is more)
The app is badly needed. Happy to hear that something is coming

Pros

Super easy to use, friendly UI, customer service reliable even though the chat is not a chat

Cons

No systematic invoice when buying, I have to request it each time, for a B2B this is not good.
We need an app to track on the go
Integration in sfdc for metrics
I want to have 2 to 3 customize able fields

Ryan K.
Industry: Construction

Good idea

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Hit or miss. Definitely needs fixing.

Pros

The concept. It is a good idea.

Cons

The last update went five steps backward. No response from customer service when emailed. Extremely buggy.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Tomasz Z.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Yeaaaa

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

I was just using to make mu done list and i licked it

Cons

For my usage i don't have any cons sorry.

Mike B.
Industry: Research

Great concept, execution needs some work

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

I think the idea of IDoneThis is excellent and I love its simplicity. I've found it very helpful in keeping track of my projects and workflow.

Cons

The search function is crucial, but more often than not results in a red screen that says simply, "An error has occurred. We're sorry. An error has taken place while trying to respond to your request." I've experienced this error repeatedly over many weeks. Fix this and my review would be much more favourable.

Jennifer S.
Industry: Government Administration

Valuable for accountability

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It's simple and keeps me on track! It helps me to report what I've done on my performance review input for work.

Jeremy G.
Industry: Military

Capture your completions

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Simple and streamlined way to capture my daily thoughts and completions as well as end of week incompletions that I can mark especially. This saves me from having my own system and keeps it easily accessible and easily captured so I can focus on doing. Tracking completions for me hasn't helped me celebrate wins, notice patterns in my work and moods, and focus on doing and not on random distractions or details like many productively systems I've tried.

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with my productivity system

Cons

Really does everything I want with. I issued but if I had to say something - Don't have ways to link other productively files that I use like excel to have everything in one place.

Industry: Internet

Good tool to monitor teams activity

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/18

Pros

My favorite aspect of this tool is that not only help you to have an overview of the projects/tasks your teams are working into, but it allows you to have a full view of the daily obstacles the team members have during their day to day work. Many other platforms are very good is project planning but fail in implementing a feature that accounts the unexpected tasks of the day to day, which part part of the work of fast moving industries of today. This fast sharing of the status of the work allows you to be more connected to the team and issues to be solved faster

Cons

Trial period is extremely short as it is just 3 days. To have a good understanding of the potential of the tool and the benefits that can bring to the team, a normal team would need at least from a week to 10 days of trial

Audrey R.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: Self Employed

Quick task tracking for life and work

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

It's incredibly easy to use, just type into a field whatever it is you want to track. I use it to track everything from general work tasks to what season/episode of shows that I've watched in a given day. It helps me keep track of where I left off especially when I'm watching several shows at the same time (afaik, Netflix is the only service that gives you watch history). You can export your data into an Excel file and customize your notifications such as get weekly updates and/or daily reminders.

Pros

You can use hashtags to help organize for later searching/aggregating.

Cons

I don't have any complaints, actually! You get a lot with the free version.

Industry: Accounting
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great For Looking Back

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I don't use I Done This for business but my daughter-in-law does and she's the one who started me on it. So I can't say anything about my business experience with it, but she loves it. As a personal user, I would be very upset if they discontinued the personal page, because it's like having a short journal to keep track of your life.

Pros

I have the personal version and I like that I can see that I actually accomplished something in a day. And if I need to check back on when I did something, the search feature is a great help. I Done This almost feels like an easy, short journal, helping you to remember and capture what you did in any particular day.

Cons

I've been using this about 4 years and can't say there's anything I don't like. The app was really wonky but I mostly use the web site on my computer so that didn't matter to me. Although it's nice to hear they're coming out with a new app.

John J.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Managers use of iDone

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Again, because the comments section does not work easily, problem solving is difficult. The primary use of this program is as a “call report”. Team interaction is cumbersome.

Pros

Easy to share events and thoughts quickly and in real time.

Cons

The comments area is porly designed. No edit capability and it clearly gets no attention from the designers. Actually, from a manager’s view point, the comments area is the most important. Even for a sales team, a sales person often reaches out for ideas fro the team and those ideas are very difficult to share. It seems as though the designers do not see the value of comments. I have complained about this issue for 3 years now with absolutely no result and certainly no improvement. Because of this I would be reluctant to recommend the use of this program.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10