Showing 76 reviews of 64

Shelf

Knowledge Automation for Your Remote Workforce

Showing 76 reviews of 64
Jordanne O.

Excellent resource for maintaining quality control and communication across our organization

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

My overall experience with SHELF has been incredibly positive. First and foremost the customer service and personal attention has been wonderful. I never go more than a few hours without answers to my questions and they are always ready to listen and work on any issues I am having no matter how minor. I really feel like they take their clients wants and needs into account as they develop updates and the response that I have gotten from my own organization has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pros

This software is incredibly user friendly and I have really appreciated the ability to create separate libraries for all of the different stakeholders in my organization. It makes the navigation of the resource super intuitive for my staff and allows everyone to put their hands on what they need exactly when they need it. The ability to store and share a multitude of different file types as resources has also been invaluable.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software but one update that I am eagerly anticipating is the ability to upload and have a master copy of a resource in my organization library and have it replicated in other libraries. This will cut down on the amount of uploads and also allow us to have stronger version control on resources that we use across the organization and across our different regions.

Don D.
  • Industry: Research

Cloud Based Knowledge Management System

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

We wanted a product that would help us manage our knowledge better. The product is good , but the overall speed / refresh rate is poor in-spite of us using more than 50 mbps.

Pros

The search features , quick customer care responses and online tutorials.

Cons

The speed and the sense that they were learning the functionalities of the product on the job.

Sophia M.

Shelf usage

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Pros

It is easy to use;
There is a possibility with CRM integration;
Wide range of functions related to knowledge base management.

Cons

Sometimes it takes some time to create decision trees, but I believe it is a force of habit.

Anthony H.
  • Industry: Banking

Shelf - great product for document management and accessibility

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

I have been impressed with the ease and simplicity of the product. Our team transitioned pretty fast and adopted Shelf as a primary source for documentation. The support / sales team were very helpful and responsive when it came to any questions that I had. We really like the product and foresee it having a long life with us.

Pros

Easy organization.
Being able to link websites / videos / pdfs / documentation easily with a plugin.
Ability to tag / find documents easily with search feature
Preview ability with website.
Feedback ability for each addition.
Overall look and clean design

Cons

No easy way for version control - minus uploading multiple documents and renaming each update

Response from Shelf

Thanks for the feedback, including your comments on Version Control. Good news - we've recently released a Versioning feature into the product that allows senior user roles to view changes to a file and roll back to prior iterations, as needed. This eliminates the need to upload multiple versions. Have a look and let us know what you think!

Marc K.

Shelf helps our marketing team be more collaborative and efficient

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Pros

- Shelf is great for project research and managing advertising versions and sales collateral for our marketing team
- Easy to organize various iterations and revisions with custom and company tags, badges, groups, organization library, folders, etc
- A powerful search tool that keeps what the team needs within reach. We can search inside documents & images and filter by version, date, users, content type and even different locations
- Shelf has been an Evernote replacement for our team. It's a much easier and intuitive way for marketing and product teams to collaborate on content research.

Cons

Cons; would like to see an integration for Slack. Our team uses Slack and it would be helpful to be able to pull in our attachments and links into Shelf so we have a more comprehensive experience.

Shauneen G.
  • Industry: International Trade & Development
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Shelf is a great content collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2017/10/16

Pros

High level organizational capabilities, easy to use & attractive interface, the Web Clipper. The organizational capabilities are great (especially if you implement your company’s existing file structure), but the search feature is so fine-tuned that you don’t need to be overly organized to find what you need.

Cons

There's no built in messaging or chat feature but they told me that a Slack integration was coming in the future.

Glen Z.
  • Industry: Automotive

Solving a need we have had for years

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

A single location that is accessible to my team to use and share material.

Pros

A single and accessible location for all needed and relevant material; not just documents
A design so intuitive that they anticipate customer's needs before they need them.
Superior customer interaction that goes beyond just support.
Customizable to be tailor fit.

Cons

The standard badges that are an additional tag for materials so to highlight them for other users don't fit my organization and therefore need to be able to be created or edited.
Please note that I already passed this suggested to Shelf io Management and they are already working on it.

Rachel A.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Used as a sales library

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Pros

The searchability is wonderful! You can search by keywords, tags, file format, date, etc. It makes it so easy to find exactly what is needed! It's clean and has an intuitive user interface. Saves everyone in the sales organization time because there is now no more searching the most up to date document of anything.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have the same document saved in the same place, but they have discussed that this is one of the features that they are currently working on building. Overall, great product!

Jarrett W.

Great product and customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

Ease of use. We created our own Knowledge Base internally and found that after we created the "how to" article, it was rarely revisited. With Shelf's powerful searching, we are able to quickly access the "how to" articles as we originally intended. Also, the web clipper is a ridiculously awesome tool.

Cons

Currently integration with products like One Drive and Sharepoint do not exist. But, it is on the road map and currently being addressed.

Audra D.

Absolutely love Shelf

Reviewed on 2016/06/18

Fantastic stuff! Not sure what life was like before it and so incredibly easy to use. Would highly recommend for both personal and professional reasons.

Brian S.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Shelf Partners with OPEX

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Great team to work with and I look forward to the next several years of this partnership.

Pros

I love the application, but I really love the partnership I have with my Shelf Team. They have been a great resource for us building this tool.

Cons

Honestly I have not found anything I don't like. It's easy to manage and build.

William B.

Overview of Experience with Shelf

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

The benefits are agents/supervisors being able to see processes and guidelines in a timely manner to provide accurate information. In addition, we also provide documents to assist with our QA program (i.e steps to a collections call, welcome call, etc). Provides steps to have a better flow and also show agents how to be more "customer centric" to provide better customer service. Assists our learning and development to create training documents, save "good/bad" calls based on call types/scenarios to reference for future training classes or agents that have opportunities to grow.

Pros

The ease of loading/updating a document and making it accessible to our agents. Enables agents to reference policies and processes quickly to provide optimal customer service and resolution to customer concerns. Searching for a document is easy. Providing invites to new agents/users is very simple to do. Creating folders to organize information is simple.

Cons

The issue i have is Shelf may have issues recognizing certain formats such as some PDFs, Excel. Basically, it may not recognize a document that can be updated (i.e. an excel sheet). Doesn't seem to like docs that aren't static.

Jared O.
  • Industry: Hospitality

The Best Knowledge Base Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

SHELF has been great! Before SHELF I created a website knowledge base for us to use, noting my website didn't have a good search feature, the ability to create folders, nor the real feel of a knowledge base. Getting SHELF helped us finally step into the real world of knowledge bases, and the work they have put into this web based software is superior. I am enjoying my time with it, and the ease of use of SHELF has made it an outstanding product.

Pros

One of the features of this product is its online! I love the option of having it web based, and not downloaded onto your PC, giving access where ever I go.

The Ease of use is fantastic! It doesn't take much to learn, and has the ability for anyone to be able to pick up and use. If you are familiar with social media (Twitter for example) you will feel right at home with the hashtag feature.

Cons

The only issue ive had with the software would be, my agents didn't care to much for the intergration with NiCE Incontact. We tried this and the window would be to small or to big, causing the agents frustration when answering calls. It would always pop up, and the agents would of liked the ability to be able to click it when they need it, instead of the popping up with every call.

David C.

Intuitive. Ease of Use. Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

One thing I appreciate about Shelf overall is customer service. Our account manager is very responsive and attentive to our needs, questions, and any concerns we may have for our company's usage of Shelf. An excellent product is one thing, but customer service to make sure your customer(s) is/are happy is a benchmark of better customer satisfaction. Thanks Shelf for a great product and great customer attention.

Pros

I have used many software products like Shelf, but one thing that stood out to me right away as a new user was the ease of use. The product is intuitive to use and very user friendly compared to their competitors. It is easy to teach for new team members in our company to utilize and as an admin, it is more helpful to have a click-and-point admin control to make swift changes so our team operates efficiently with the most up-to-date information and information flow.

Cons

View-Only and Member Users are excellent and very easy to use and teach. Ideally, it would be great to have more Administrative analytical tools to monitor usage and making sure each member is being utilized to the best user role to function within a company's prod use of Shelf.

Sarah B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Intuitive and Effective

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Overall I have had a great experience with Shelf. The Shelf Team has been so incredibly helpful in the launch and revamps of the platform. They show a true willingness to help and have amazing expertise in knowledge management and provide best practices to ensure success.

Pros

Shelf has been a huge asset to our overall organization of content and process documents. It has improved consistency and efficiency across all the teams that leverage this tool. Managing and maintaining the content is simple and easy with a wide range of reporting available to the administrators.

Cons

I feel that there are some minor changes that could be made to the reporting feature. Nothing major just a few additional reports would be helpful.

Paul B.

This is not a drill: A user case that lead to early adoption

Reviewed on 2016/06/15

Using Shelf in support of my consultancy/advisory tasks related to the development of an incubator hub in Belgrade, Serbia. Tasks require a lot of information coming in and out and disseminated to a wide variety of management, staff and stakeholders. We have been extremely glad to get our hands on the program. Not only does it support our organizational ethos of trying out new information technologies whenever we can and as they become available, its also been ideally suited and fit for our purpose. Its really smoothed and integrated our workflows and was just what we were looking for.

Pros

Shelf is really easy to set up and get going very quickly and is incredibly intuitive to use. Its a great tool not only for managing knowledge inputs in a wide variety of formats but also for group and task based working. The web clipper is great for capturing information on the go and actually a lot of fun to use. The file permissions system is super efficient for setting up and breaking down work/interest groups. It ensures everyone gets what they need to know and gets a chance to appropriately share and contribute. Its strongly supportive of the informational needs of the multi layered management structure of the organization as well as for disseminating information and updates to its general membership and stakeholders.

Cons

Although its already integrated with the three most important cloud storage sites and we hear more are on the way, we've already become firm Shelf fans and will continue to use so we'd like to see some fast-tracking so more become available sooner than later. We also hear email integration is on the way. Right now and until it comes, it would be useful for user email lists to be generated internally.

Jackson D.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Our 'walled garden' called Shelf

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

We were searching for a archiving solution that would package our company's offline and online resources (designs, documents, ideas, etc.) into a value add, easy to find, easy to use tool for our customers. Shelf provided the exact solution. Similar to how Google provides valuable search options, Shelf give us (the originator) a way to package resources and then offer in a secure walled off 'garden' , so our customers can 'harvest' those resources.

Pros

Having a "Google like" (search by tags) generated system of classifying and organizing online/offline content onto one cloud platform is transformational.
By allowing the end user (in our case, customers) to search via tags, then find>view>download any and all content relating to our relationship with them, the overall 'findability' and value of our resources increases expotentially. The value increases because it's not just sitting in some obscure Dropbox, it's growing and being harvested in "our walled garden" by our customers.
For genre specific content, we can upload new content, tag with appropriate genre related tags and automatically 'push out' the material. Soon as the tags are applied, then all members of that genre have access to the material AND are automatically notified. Versus the old method of copy>paste individual files into each customer's Dropbox folder.
The thumbnail display, which is truly amazing, provides a visual reference to the items searched for and shortens the final mile of the search to the speed of light.
Tagging is an art and Shelf customer onboarding walks you through the learning curve (changing from the file folder based system).

Cons

Still working on versioning, but the workaround works for us.

Nathan B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Used as replacement of our Confluence wiki

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

Personally, i love using Confluence but it was difficult to get our company onboard. We needed a product that was more flexible and easier to organize for our company's internal knowledgebase. After a pretty extensive vetting process we selected Shelf because it allowed our team to continue using Dropbox, Drive and Slack while giving us the ability to manage our most critical docs in a centralized place. The features that make shelf unique are it's dropbox and Drive syncing, advanced search and filtered search capabilities, the ability to add additional meta data like tags and badges and the web clipper which enables our team to also use Shelf to capture youtube videos and web articles for training purposes.

Cons

No product that tries to address knowledge management issues is going to be perfect.. Even knowledge managers at our firm have trouble keeping track of information across teams and departments so no solution is going to be a one size fits all. I prefer a wiki method of building knowledge bases and Shelf doesn't yet offer this feature but overall we're very happy with Shelf.

John C.

Great experience, friendly, knowledgeable, no sales pressure which was AWESOME and APPRECIATED!

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Easy CMS for users with NO TECH experience. Deepens our value to our members by providing not just our content but valued content from external sources in 1 easy to find, easy to search, and easy to share online platform.

Pros

We like the ease of sharing files and different resources across our membership. The ease of adding both internal content via OneDrive and external content with their Web Clipper is not found on any other product. Having the ability to customize user groups with specific roles in their group is a great feature. Allows us to promote people to roles in a group but not on the overall platform. The ability to make certain things public and certain things private allows for easy sharing and linking from website and social media. The search feature is the most impressive feature, allowing users to search from a wide variety of content across the entire platform. Don't forget about the ability for authors to get emails alerting for new comments to easily respond and address certain questions.

Cons

The lack of a built in CRM tool and/or linking via api keeps the product from certain users but is the best CMS on the market.

Easy to use platform for busy teams

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Pros

From adoption the platform was noticeably very clean and unique in terms of design and I felt like I had a direction immediately. Many other tech apps are stressful to adopt and you are never quite sure you are utilizing the most important features. Not only was it easy for me to figure out, but getting my relatively small team on my Shelf was just as easy. We created our own folder structure to suit our needs and organization preferences and everything has been smooth and I can find everything I upload very easily, especially when I know who uploaded it.

Cons

I wish we can collaborate on documents inside of Shelf, but there really is not much a problem because they integrate with Google Drive directly so we can just upload it after.

Tony C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Unique

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

Shelf lets me put everything in one place and synchronize with other apps like Dropbox. It has a slick interface and was easy to learn. It's nice that I have both private areas and areas that I can share with an organization. I like how the tags work.

Cons

I haven't really found any big downsides with Shelf. My main online storage areas are Dropbox and Google Drive and those are covered. It does take a little playing with Shelf to understand how to maximize its benefits, but there is good customer support available. My questions were answered quickly.

Tyler K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A Unique Product and Team

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Support team has been a genuine pleasure to work with. I have appreciated their helpfulness and care from initial contact, through the sales process, and now as a customer of several months. They are responsive to my requests and go out of their way to assist as needed, all while they continue to improve the product month by month.

Pros

Shelf offers the unique ability to combine a great variety of digital content from a diversity of places into one central, organized, and searchable location. This, coupled with an in-depth training and onboarding process, as well as thoughtful constraints within the platform, assist the user not only with building but also maintaining an orderly and useful digital library.

Cons

Shelf satisfies all of my major needs, but I do hope for future improvements in the areas of a) more advanced search features, b) finer-grained permissions options, c) more advanced tagging features, and d) custom fields and filters.