Ryver Reviews

4.4/5 (33 reviews)
Matthew D.

The free version of Slack

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

We switched to Ryver when Slack changed its pricing structure. It seemed clunky at first, but they've continued to run updates a couple times since then and it's gotten better.
Simple, graphically trimmed chat service.

Pros

It's a familiar set up and functionality to anyone who's used Slack in the past.
Does a great job of helping our company communicate.
No storage issues uploading images to share them on the platform.
Recently started to utilize the task functions, big plus.

Cons

Responding to a comment and creating a thread is NOT conducive to quick, multi user conversation. The reply carries below it a ghostly version of the full message it relates to. Makes for a very cluttered stream of communication.
Preloaded "Task" categories (Trello-like set up) are unnecessary and get cleaned every time to replace them with my own.
Administrators/creators of channels/teams/forums have ultimate control and cannot reassign their authority when they leave the channel. Inconvenient.

Maryann A.

Best messaging and task management app

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

I would recommend Ryver to everyone because it helps manage your team. You discuss important facts about a task and project and also get to assign task and as well check when completed. It promotes accountability.

Pros

First. I must say, Ryver is a great alternative to slack and its free. It's a messaging app that let's you manage task and projects. You get to chat one on one or in groups. As a freelancer, Ryver is an app I hold dearly because it has helped me interact with team, as I get to assign task to them and also talk about any part of the task that's difficult to handle.

Cons

Logging into the App can take awhile. The developers should work on this. I have no other problem with Ryver.

Response from Ryver

Thanks for your feedback, Maryann! We're really glad to hear that you are enjoying using Ryver, and we appreciate your recommending it to others!

Mbongiseni N.

Ryver Experience

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Slack is great for organisations collaboration

Pros

Its decent compared to Slack or rocket
Its easy to use
Its Free to use and you can have unlimited users
Sharing files is as easy as drag and drop
you can integrate third party services like Trello

Cons

The software logs you out after it updates,
when you make a call it sometimes doesn't hang up

Response from Ryver

Thanks for your feedback, Mbongiseni! We are glad to hear you're enjoying using Ryver!

Free for non-profits makes it a No-Brainer

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Ryver has been a great addition to our stack. It's free so it lets us really dig in on every feature to maximize the fact that it's free! There have been several major releases that were communicated well and added major value. I have been very pleased with my interactions at all levels.

Pros

It's an amazing alternative to the other communication platforms out there. You already know how to use it. It's fun, simple, and gets the job done!
Even comes with a pretty solid trello board to keep your tasks in line.

Cons

It's not as sexy as Slack - There I said it! :)
Once you are in a system you can't leave. Like all these platforms. Once you commit - You are in!

Chinedu N.

Best alternative to Slack for free

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

I didn't miss slack when I switched over to Ryver. I was getting the same features with additional task function as well as complete access to old messages.

Pros

Unlike Slack, You can retain messages forever as a free user (No loss of old messages to newly added team members). The task tab is an amazing feature which lets you assign a task to individual members of the team as well as set a deadline in which the task is supposed to be completed.

Cons

Replying messages in a team channel is very messy, they carry the complete messages previously relating to it and this is not pleasant to the eyes in any way.

Response from Ryver

Thanks for your review, Chinedu. Regarding replying via Chat, we recommend turning chat posts into comments after a few replies to keep them organized all in one place. We hope you continue enjoying using Ryver!

Best means of Chat and Call Communication at work

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Very good. It saves the conversation so it helps me go back to the history of what we were talking about. It works well for my work.

Pros

Its simplified way of communication through chat and call. Able to send document to someone, can do a private chat group, can search or go back to previous conversation using the search option inside the chat group or the person you are having a communication with. It also allows notification option and simple set up of own profile.

Cons

If you accidentally hit the call option to someone, it does not have the end call option. Need to relaunch to end it.

Godwin E.

Good Small Team Communication Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/14

Ryver has made my team communicate faster and efficiently, it has allowed us to faster iterate clients tasks from one individual to another thereby making us more efficient in overall performance

Pros

Using Ryver, I like the task assignment feature. I like that I can be able to assign tasks to my team members and each person can view their individual task and see what they are meant to do, and the day the task is due and check the task once it has been completed.

Cons

Ryver needs to work on the loading speed of the software. Each time I leave the app, logging back in takes a little much time.

Response from Ryver

Thanks for your review, Godwin. We appreciate your feedback. We are constantly working to improve the speed of our app, and we'll be rolling out an updated version of the app soon. We hope you continue enjoying Ryver.

Does Not Completely Work

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Ryver's core functionality works as it should, however it is still a buggy piece of software. I really whish they could sort out the bugs in the dialing functionality.

Pros

It is fairly simple to use. It's core functionality does do what it's supposed to do

Cons

The call button is placed in an awkward position, I sometimes end up accidentally calling a team member and it is a chore to end the call. I end up having to restart the application otherwise it will just indefinitely dial.

Response from Ryver

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with our calls feature. We'd love to fix whatever issues you're experiencing. Would you please email us at [email protected] describing the issue in more detail so that we can resolve it?

Best,

The Ryver Team

3.0/10
Jason H.

Great and Free alternative to Slack

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/20

It's completely free and offers a very useful collaborative experience for any size of team.

Pros

It's free. You get the very similar interaction and use out of this product as you do its more widely known competitor - Slack. The interface is very similar, so if you're transitioning, it's a pretty smooth process. Also, if you're transitioning from Slack, Ryver has an awesome import utility to bring over all your content and history.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this product is its method of API. It uses Zapier, which does charge a fee for 6 or more integrations. Plus, when using Zapier, for like integrating RSS feeds, it uses your profile as the identifier in the chat. So if a status update comes through, it uses my profile pic with the comment, instead of a generic RSS feed icon. That's kind of lame because it may appear to some users that a person is typing it out.

Jammer a. F.

For the short time we have been using it, we have had very good results, I recommend it

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

we save costs by using a free version that meets our needs

Pros

Surprising, simple and clean interface, but very functional, it is possible to do many more things than just talk. integrates activities conversations and tasks, it seems to me that it differentiates itself from the others, that when assigning a task, it shows the avatar of the person who is assinated

Cons

The application for PC really does not seem better than the web application, we have also had the problem that some team members who use mini laptop, and the browser only shows the verison for mobile. the chat tends to confuse, about which department, activity or group is talking

Michael W.

Great messaging app that can be installed or accessed through browser.

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We use it to communicate.

Pros

It has all the functionality you'd want from a messaging application. You can chat 1:1 or create group chats. It also has other functions.

Cons

After the software automatically updates you have to log in again.

Response from Ryver

Thanks for your review, Michael! We hope you continue enjoying using Ryver.

Ramil T.

One of the best communication platform!

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

The software is great! We just subscribed on this application less than a year but we are loving it.

Pros

What I like about this software is it's sideline features. Chatting is pretty common but with Ryver it isn't the traditional communication platform, here on this software you can set up a meeting and let you share your screen. Ideal for team meetings and small presentations which is for me the cutting edge of this application.

Cons

Only one thing I noticed out of the so many good things about the software, the call button right beside the chat thread can easily be pressed unintentionally.

Best software to communicate in team within the organization

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I am using ryver since last 2 years.
It is best software.

Pros

Ryver is easy to use software for communication in team or group.
For communication you can create team and add team members from your organization and from outside the organization. You can also create task for individuals.

Cons

I think there is no cons for this software.
But there is limitations for files, you can not upload multiple files at a time

Adam G.

Awesome Ryver

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

The overall experience is outstanding, it makes the communication between our sites much easier and it is fun and makes you more interactive.

Pros

Compared to hipchat Ryver is much better in connectivity and ease of use. I can say that it is competitive in the chat system category.

Cons

The only cons I see is when I started using it, but after an hour I already got the hang of it.

Manju G.

It is an good application for communication in cooperative environment.

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

In ryver we can share any kind of file like .cs,.js etc.
It is a best application for group discussions.
We can save some information notes without showing them in chats.
We can create task lists for projects.

Cons

It was free application but now we need to pay for their services.
Some user interface need improvements.

Michael W.

Ryver is a simple application for messaging co-workers, group chatting, or keeping track of tasks.

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

It's an effective communication tool.

Pros

The user interface is simple and very easy to use for messaging co-workers, group chatting, or keeping track of tasks. It can also email you conversations when you are away from the computer.

Cons

The software disconnects you when it has an update and you have to manually reconnect.

Curt Q.

Great tool for group task management and communication.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Pros

Creating lists, assigning tasks, and managing deadlines were made really easy with Ryver. My manager used it in a audio-visual warehouse setting, and it was a really great tool. The ability to create tasks and assign them to people was super useful. Also, the UI was very unobtrusive.

Cons

Cost is a little high in comparison to some other competing services, of which there are many.

Amit K.

Ryver Riview

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Fabulous.

Pros

Easy to Use , Awesome product.Provide social media type conversation. GIF avail by Ryver i like.

Cons

Older message date should be display in proper format with proper date and time

Sahil S.

Ryver

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

Good communication product for the organisations and nice feature to create the private channels for the group discussions.

Cons

Cost is high though less popular among the people.

A really helpful addition to our team's collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Ryver has provided the missing link we've needed for team communication. It's been helpful to create channels for specific groups, projects, and tasks.

Cons

Having used Slack previously, it does feel a little lacking in some areas. There's no one specific example to point to, it just feels like the UX could be a little stronger.

6.0/10
Shashwat T.

ryver Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Awesome.

Pros

Easy to use . Wonderful product .Provide social media like platform for office conversation.

Cons

Proper post of comment time should be visible.

Joshua J.

Super 'Clean' but not super intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Its been a great 'one connection point to rule them all' as we had gotten to a place where we were on Slack, Telegram, WhatsApp and WeChat in our d2d ops - just crazy. We looked around for a single solution and this is what we came up with - like it for the price and its 'growing' on me - just wasn't super quick to 'slip into and start using' - but we're happy with it and will keep using it (over the other apps mentioned).

Pros

1. Really clean UI, everything "just works".
2. Works in China without a VPN (really important for our company which regularly sends reps there).

Cons

1. Takes time to work out some of the basic functionality such as different kinds of group chats (ie not super intuitive)

7.0/10

Honest Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Ryver is very fun to use, with access to GIFs, Photos and Video easily. My overall experience is good and the software is very recommendable.

Pros

Ryver will allow you to create groups easily, add members and build a team. You can attach photos, links, GIF's and Videos. History can be search, you can add topics and create a task for team members which is a very useful tool for a large company.

Cons

Task filters are not useful. When posting a photo or video, you have to wait for the software to download the file. Sometimes it lags and you have to restart the software.

Gerabel D.

i so love this software

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

this so far is one of the best messaging application I have ever used

Pros

we use this software at work replacing our old messaging system and everything is better than ever. it's like having a professional facebook messenger where we can create and assign tasks and even create topics on each chat group. best thing about this is being an administrator lets you control who can be and can only see chats on each group you create.

Cons

as of now I really didn't notice anything bad that I can complain about regarding this software

Kevin P.

Good communication tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

So far overall experience is good, I wish they could improve their UI, make it more friendly and intuitive.

Pros

What I like is you can create tasks and you can assign it to specific people and then they will be notified and once that task is done you will be notified as well.

Cons

What I don't like is the user interface it can be pretty heavy for first time users and its not that customizable.

Response from Ryver

Thanks for your feedback, Kevin! We are continually working on improving our UI, and we hope that you will find future improvements helpful and easy-to-use.

7.0/10