Workamajig

Project & workflow management for the creative industry

Ginger M.

Still new, but so far so good.

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

It works great for what we use it for now, I've never worked with customer service yet or had an opportunity to explore the full features, but for hours tracking, project management and budget, it works well and does all we need!

Pros

Workamajig is quickly being spread across our entire company to be used for budget tracking. project management, and to do lists. The budget tracking and project management is the easiest portion we use right now. It's easy to start a timer on a task, track my team's hours and ensure they are putting the proper work into our projects.

Cons

It's a little clunky, the interface is big and complicated. A lot of buttons and access points that makes the whole tool seem overwhelming.

Alphan G.

WIP

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

Be able to see my hours in weekly overview. This way I get to see everything for that week at once.

Cons

Ease of use: UX and functionality.
It seems like there are a lot of functionality to the app. But it's hard to explore it. Maybe an interactive documentation?

Response from Workamajig

Hi Alphan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Allison W.

As a Workamajig Admin I am extremely impressed with it's ability to help manage projects.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Workamajig is a fantastic solution for a Marketing Project Management tool. It allows the Project Manager and subsequent teams to manage projects with ease while also interacting with billing, time tracking, and overall profitability analysis.

Pros

I love Workamajig's User Interface. After using various Project Management softwares in my day, Workamajig Platinum User Interface is easy to navigate and has an extremely successful adaptation for users. I also love the ability to customize workflows, add in additional deliverables based on the approval cycle, and communicate with other team members within the system.

Cons

While building out the workflows within Workamajig we had quite a few 'workamarounds' that we had to come up with in order for the system to meet our needs. An example is: I wanted an email to fire when a task was assigned, which was possible on all tasks, but the first one. One of our workamarounds for that was to have the first task be assigned to the PM and was titled "Close this Task" so that the next task would fire an email to the appropriate team member. That's just an example of some of the workamarounds we had to come up with. The Deliverables were also very difficult for us to monitor the status of.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Allison,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback as it will help us continue to improve our user experience. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance at [email protected]

Andrea R.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

I only use the program to enter my time.

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I use the program everyday to enter my time, is easy as long as I know the project number exactly; as soon as I miss a dash or extra space or in any way different from the set name, it takes for ever to find the info. It will be nice that I can add time in the same project line but at different times without opening a new line.
The timer works good but once the window is open you can not get it to disappear, even when you stop it. So I don't use it. For my needs is good.

Pros

Clear display of information. Unce you learn how to use the basic functions is easy to use.

Cons

Not easy to find functions. When a new update is applied, is glitchy. Hard to find stuff.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Andrea,

We appreciate your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product.

I believe there is an available solution to make entering your time to projects easier. We'd love to review the WMJ project schedule, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Our team is happy to schedule a training or review via email at [email protected]

Works well for our team

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

This software has the ability to cover several aspects of the business, from finance and sales to project management and time tracking. It is great to be able to have al resources in one program. Our account manager is also great in helping us fully understand the capabilities and settings. She is always available to help train us to use the software even better.

Cons

There are some detailed features that we want to use, but are not currently in the software.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig! I'm glad to hear that your team has gained value by having using our product for many areas of business.

We would love to look into the unavailable features you mentioned, can you please email [email protected] with additional details? Looking forward to hearing from you!

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Effective, sometimes.

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

Great for managing time with shorter projects or orknxedre that won’t span more than a couple days. The platinum update was a great improvement upon the old system with some great features for working on smaller projects.

Cons

The aren’t always helpful and somethings
Disrupt work on a creative side because there is no lead time or announcement of when and what the updates will be. Granted that might be given to others and not relayed down to our team and that is an internal issue

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our product, the parts that work well and the ones you feel we can improve on.

Workamajig is designed to support long and short projects, and we'd be happy to review your use of the program to ensure you are maximizing your ROI.

Additionally, you can subscribe to receive release notes regarding software updates. In Platinum, click your avatar and click 'edit default settings' and check off 'Receive System Messages'.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected] - we're here to help!

My Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

If I didn't have to use it at work, then I would never otherwise use it. The extreme lack of design seriously hampers the software.

Pros

Being able to update my timesheet from anywhere

Cons

Being in flash, the awkwardness of the windows, and the extreme lack of design make it a very clunky program to use.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to improve your experience with our product.

Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface?
We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users.
There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url.
We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

Abby L.

Workamajig Review by Daily User

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

We have had some issues with sales tax setup that we continue to work with Workamajig to address.

Pros

It's a robust software that allows for both accounting, project management and collaboration. We like that we can access it from any device.

Cons

We have had some issues come up and when our team has contacted support, we have not gotten the answers we needed. This has become a source of frustration.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Abby,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. It's great to hear how our product has helped you.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected], we're here to help!
Team WMJ [:

Ellie J.

Great customer support; up and coming product

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

This product is up and coming. It has a lot of great features but not everything but their developers are currently developing more and more each day. If you are a customer you can put in requests for how you want things to work and they submit them as tickets to their developers to consider.

The software has a lot of features already that you can use and are adding more each release (about once a month).

The customer service is great and the software is very very reasonably priced.

Cons

The current system requires manual work on our part in some cases to accomplish things that used to be automated in the system we used to use. The manual work is time consuming for us.

Since the developers are currently working on the product the system does have some bugs and we discover them occasionally and have to work around them until Workamajig can fix them.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Ellie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! As Platinum continues to improve, we are happy to provide training on new features and review streamlining processes. Let us know if we can be of any assistance at [email protected]

Lisa K.

Workamajig is great!

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Been on the system since 2005 and it keeps getting stronger and stronger. thanks for all the updates.

Pros

I like the billing system the best but all features are great especially when you see it as an overall inclusive system.

The new dashboards are awesome. always looking for more ways for all employees to see and take ownership.

Love the new V card area. works awesome.

Cons

Deliverables are still a bit weak and clunky. they could be more flexible and intuitive.
would like to see more ways to share profit without employees drilling down to figure out employee cost or salaries.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your input as we continue working to better our user experience. Please let us know if we can assist with any questions that arise at [email protected]

Nancy D.

Workamajig is Our Agency Brain

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

Best attributes:
Project management
Client management
Project messages
Time tracking

Cons

Traffic
Not easy to setup
Not compatible with Quickbooks
Steep learning curve
Difficult to get all employees and clients onboarded

Response from Workamajig

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. I'm glad to hear you're gaining value with our product.

Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting/Quickbooks, etc.
To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative.
We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward.

As always we're here to help. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions.

Team WMJ [: ]

Workmajig is a great tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I have been using Workamajig for about 7 years now and I always find it does everything I require. Customer service is also useful because you can always get a quick response to your simplest of questions and they even go as far as walking you through to a good solution

Pros

It performs lots of functions and integrates great with finance and allows seamless communication between team members.

Cons

Finding settings and features that the system might have is difficult. Software obviously designed by engineers not by designers.

Response from Workamajig

Thank you for sharing and we'd like to make your experience even better!

Shelly H.

Workamajig from a CFO perspective

Reviewed on 2018/10/30

Pros

The ability to download just about any information into csv file and analyze easily, without modification of formatting, into tables and pivots.

Cons

The slide in and out screens in new platform.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that you've gained value from the ability to download any information into csv files.

The sliding screen format is designed to create a breadcrumb path of where you are in screens that may have more details/drill down. You can also easily close them all by simply clicking on the left most panel without having to close each slide out panel individually.

If you'd like to open each screen in a new window, you can simply ctrl+click the screen you'd like to open and it will open in a new window.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

Sara G.

Workamajig review

Reviewed on 2018/10/28

I use it a lot for budget management but I don’t find it to be very intuitive at the moment, it requires a lot of time to get all of the information I need in an organized matter. I understand there should be some improvements coming once my teams works to customize the program for our company.

Pros

I think it’s capable of a lot of things and the more I use it, the more tools I find available to me.

Cons

I find it fairly slow and not very intuitive. It’s not clear to me how to best use the program for my role and responsibilities.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig.
Workamajig Platinum is designed by role, and you can check out our role based guides at this link:

Please feel free to reach out with any questions, we're here to help at [email protected]

Rob L.

Feature rich but cluttered and convoluted software.

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

The developers have mostly given up on trying to use Workamajig for individual task management and have switched to using GitKraken's Glo Boards which tie in nicely with GitHub.

Pros

The accountants and project managers really like how deep this software is for them in the back office.

Cons

Everything about the software on the production side is convoluted and confusing. I post a comment on a task I'm given and the project manager can't find it and never sees it. You upload a file to task or a project and it's very difficult to find later. Project managers assign me tasks and often they either don't show up on my time sheet or my task board. The task board is not very well optimized for agile development in scrum or kanban styles.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Rob,

Thank you for providing your honest feedback as it helps us improve our user experience. We would like to investigate the issues you mentioned. Our support team is happy to review at [email protected]

Megan Ivan

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Customizable for most needs

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Workamajig is overall a good, solid program to use for our marketing department needs. It's easy to create and resolve tasks, organize your schedule, and get overviews of projects and campaigns.

Pros

Workamajig has a customizable dashboard which makes it really easy to use. Great customer support and training available.

Cons

Workamajig is not very intuitive, so sometimes it's difficult to figure out what you're doing if you try navigating outside of your normal tasks.

Response from Workamajig

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to hear WMJ is adding value to your firm and you like the customizable dashboard.

We are continually working to improve our Platinum interface and appreciate any additional feedback at [email protected]

Also, our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected]

Ron P.

Media module

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I do freelance media work, and two of my agency clients use Jig, and we have found it to be very satisfactory. Personally, I like the fact that many agencies use it, because my knowledge of the platform makes it easy to work with many of these agencies.

Pros

The media module is very user-friendly. It doesn't require much instruction, and it is easy to learn your way around with some basic introduction.

Cons

Great for ordering print and outdoor. A little bit wonky with digital, but it works. Pretty much useless for broadcast, but then again, it's not meant to be a broadcast buying platform.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we are always striving to improve our user experience. Please let us know if we can be of any service at [email protected]

Julie S.

Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

I like that it allows us to structure our internal workload. It holds everyone accountable and keeps things streamlined.

Cons

It glitches fairly often. It doesn't save or allow me to save and then I have to start over.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon.
I'm happy to hear that Workamajig has allowed you to structure and streamline your workload.
We are constantly working to better our user experience, and would like to look into the issues you mentioned with the 'save' button.
A member of our support team will be reaching out to you directly for additional details so we can look into this further.

As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions.

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

I use Workamajig every day and I find it pretty easy, but still a little hard to understand how to completely use all functionality.

Pros

I like the weekly view when doing timesheets.

Cons

I feel as if it's difficult to understand the depth of all of the features of Workamajig.

I also have issues looking up jobs, some times I need to refresh or log out and log back in.

Response from Workamajig

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to hear you like WMJ's timesheets. Our training team is happy to review any areas or features you would like to further understand at [email protected]

Also, we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Megan Ivan

Matthew M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Powerful but not perfect

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

I've used Workamajig for about 4.5 years. It takes some getting used to, but once you've figured it out it's a very powerful tool. It's imperative that your team agree on how to use it. Pretty much anything you need relative to Workamajig's purpose can be done within the program. However, if some people use other programs (email, for example) instead of leaving notes and to-dos in Workamajig, you can run into inefficiencies.

Pros

From my experience, everything is self-contained, meaning you aren't forced to use other programs in conjunction with Workamajig.

Cons

The interface could be more intuitive. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve when getting started or for things you don't need to do very often.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Workamajig was designed to be an enterprise solution for the creative communications industry and we are glad to hear you find the tool powerful.

So-So Agency Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

It's ... fine. Agency software leaves something to be desired in general. The Mondays of the world don't offer a ton of high-end functionality, and database-backed software like Workamajig seem to be inherently tough to use. If you can live with a Monday or a Basecamp, stay there. If you need something big but can't afford an Oracle or SAP, Workamajig is a fair option.

Pros

It's better than a lot of project management tools we've used in the past. Assuming you're a super-user and have clean data, it's possible to schedule work well ahead of time.

Cons

The UI is beyond unintuitive. Logging time is exceptionally difficult; it requires filling out 4-5 fields, each of which must be clicked individually. Finding tasks is very tough unless you know the exact wording used to put them into the system. Reporting is sub-par.

• Industry: Government Relations

Solid product

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

Workamajig works great overall - it's great to be able to have CRM, project estimates, budgeting, and invoicing all rolled into one package.

Cons

Calendar sync is a little tricky sometimes. Layout tools and options for printed/output of estimates and invoices could be improved.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We're glad to hear you're enjoying our product and we want to make your experience even better!

We'd like to look into the Calendar sync to check on the areas you find tricky, and the output of estimates that you mention could be improved. Can you please provide some additional details at [email protected]?

Great Tool for Managing a Business

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Overall, we really like Workamajig. It’s provided us with everything we need to run our business and make a profit on our projects.

Pros

We’ve used Workamajig for over 10 years now. It’s allowed us to develop fantastic reports that document all our financials. The time tracking tool allows us to carefully manage how we bill our clients and helps us keep to our budgets.

Cons

We’ve had trouble in the past with how overwhelming this software can be. We’ve had to contact our support team to help. It’s a great tool, just a lot behind the scenes to develop the types of financial reports we need.

Not the easiest to use

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

The platform is good at predicting workload and ensuring we have the proper resources in house.

Cons

Workamajih gets the job done but it’s not a very responsive or intuitive platform. Extensive training is required and we have four full-time employees dedicated to trafficking where the tasks go.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

I'm happy to hear Workamajig is helping your team ensure that you have the proper resources in house.
I would definitely like to improve your experience with our product; and we do have solutions to the issues you mentioned. I don't want to get too granular on this thread, but one option available to you is the Assignment Management feature, that allows you to easily prioritize and update tasks weekly.

Our team is waiting to assist you further at [email protected] - looking forward to hearing from you!

Elanor B.

Easy to Use: Great Product

Reviewed on 2018/01/13

Pros

This software was easy to use, easy to adjust, and easy to teach people how to use it (provided you put in the time of course). It was customizable to our specific project workflow needs and would connect with accounting to account for billable hours.

Cons

There were a few features we would have liked to have for our project management processes that this software didn't have, although many companies would likely not need these features. One of them was being able to automatically assign teams to a specific project so we knew who would be working on those tasks; this step is manually with Workamajig.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Elanor,

We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear WMJ is delivering value to your team. There are available solutions to the specific issues mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve this, but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Our team is waiting at [email protected] to help you.