Stride Reviews

Stride

Group messaging, collaboration, and video meetings for teams

4.4/5 (88 reviews)
Vladimir V.

Simple but poor chat

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

The guys at Stride make updates for the product, try to fix the flaws.
Stride is a normal (medium) application. If you like the Atlassian ecosystem (even after the new interface updates of other products), then it is really convenient application. We are used to, but still switched to another solution

Pros

If you use Confluence and Jira, you will have a common Atlassian ecosystem. This is convenient in cases where all users communicate within the same company. Like in other chat applications, there are group chats and channels with group chats.
A large number of different bots, for example, for jira. If you insert a link to the task, we will see a preview. You can configure the display of statuses and pictures.
There are video calls. You do not need to install several programs for textual communication and video calls.
You can quickly understand how to work with the program. In our company, the testers took about half a day (plus one day to connect and train bots)

Cons

No hashtag (uncomfortable).
The phone does not receive 25 percent of the messages. But when they come, there's a chance not to get them on the desktop application! Sometimes you get a long message in the phone, you open the laptop, but they are not shown (notifications, messages). The problem can be fixed by restarting the application.
With video calls, it connects for a long time and often shows a "bad Internet connection" error, when other platforms do not show this at the same Internet speed. It's very annoying. From time to time, the video call ends for unknown reasons.The video freezes, and only on the other side of the call. Until you restart the application, it will hang. RAM consumption 400Mb, CPU - 70%. It's a lot.

Burhan K.

Great collaborative tool for internal communication

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

So in the past, I've used stride in a company where I'd worked. It was collaborative, fun and somewhat user-friendly. We switch to stride because of its pricing. And it did the same job which we were doing with the expensive software.

Pros

- The same features as its competitors provide.
- It made messaging with my colleagues really fun and easy.
- It has the option to create polls, which was fun when we had to plan out of office activity and got voting done through the stride.
- The best part, you can reorder the list of people who you are chatting with.
- Also had the iPhone app which was handy, when you leave the office and have to text your manager to report your task progress.

Cons

- Had some minor bugs
- When you upload a file, sometimes the upload process takes a few minutes due to the size of the file. The problem we all faced while uploading, we got busy in our work and thought that when the upload will complete, it will reach the recipient. But it wasn't like that with Stride, after the upload process completes, you have to press the send button again. And most of the time, hours later, my colleagues came to me and asked why you haven't sent the file we asked. And when I checked it, it was waiting for me to press the send button.

Great tool for teams to improve productivity & team collaboration

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

I think one of the greatest things about messaging platforms like Stride is that it relies not only on the feature of peer to peer communication but on the possibility to have integrations within it.

Pros

We started using HipChat around 3 years back , but were not able to use rooms effectively since too many notifications & alerts became a spoiler. Also hipchat had a bug in Mac OS where in notification alerts would freeze the Hipchat window for a few seconds.

We were eagerly waiting to try Stride beta and we migrated to Stride around 3 months back. Its really great using Stride for video calls , & using rooms with code snippets to be passed on ( I love the code snippet feature , which was a pain in Hipchat with truncation & empty spaces ). Our usage of Chat has dramatically increased productivity , and the small things like recent attachments etc is really pain reliving. The team loves the UX & upload & download improvements over hipchat.

Cons

Going forward I look for more integration with Jira so that you can update comments , effort etc via Stride using commands . Also Hipchat had many integrations , something which is lacking in Stride currently.

7.0/10

An excellent team app with the potential to match industry leaders

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

There are a lot of features that make this software unique, but I like the ease of use with messaging and setting up rooms. It is easy to navigate and in many ways easy to create different groups for your specific needs. Being able to set yourself as busy and muting notifications is another plus as well as allowing yourself to make a list and or ask for voter approval on specific messages is a nice touch. Being able to share the room link with anyone and making the rooms private is also a lovely touch to an already well thought through system.

Cons

Notifications and announcements can be hit or miss at times. Unless you set the room to either alert you about mentions individually or having the room let you know about all messages can be a very challenging aspect for communication when the group goes beyond 1-5 people. Not being able to mention the creator of the organization without maneuvering around with creating another user account can be a challenge at times, and I hope they fix that soon. If the creator is present in the room, he should be able to be tagged easily without having to fluff around too much.

Maik K.

Overall its pretty good and stable. Video chat and screen sharing can be improved.

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Perfect for remote teams. Good communication.

Pros

I really like the Plugins, App and overall use of the software. Meetings are great with Stride (can be improved!). Decisions and Actions in chat are really cool.

Cons

Video Chat view is not good. Would be cool to see all Attendees in a grid view. I really don't like or even hate that cmd+w closes a chat instead of the window. That is inconsistent with the macOS. Please introduce at least a setting to change that. Meetings with more than 3 people seems to be laggy. It is not my internet connection, probably the stride servers? Email notifications are generally good, but they are really annoying sometimes. For example I got like 200 Emails a day when I was on vacation. Of cause I could have disabled the setting, but I forgot it. When I was back in the office I had about 2500 unread mails and most of them were from Stride. It would be cool to have a setting for a daily report. Sending just one email at midnight.

Tony Z.

My experience with Stride has been very profitable, especially in the field of work.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

My benefits with this platform have been too many, firstly my work performance helps in my work group, helps the communication between members of my work team, helps me to relate with people of the company, which is quite beneficial in my case. The portability that Stride offers is unique, with portability I refer to the ease you have, to be able to use it both on the computer, and on the cell phone, both maintaining the characteristics that make Stride unique. It is also important to note that the reports of updates that Stride sends are quite useful, since one can take advantage of these new updates, tools, features that add with each update.

Pros

Stride is impressive, I have been using this platform for a long time and so far it has seemed excellent, from its aesthetics within the application, to the various functionalities it offers, functionalities such as the creation of private groups, the ease of loading documents within of this, it seems to me one of the best platforms that I have used. In the workplace, it has helped me a lot, connects me with my work team, and allows us to carry out work integrating everyone. For me, the best thing of all is its ability of the Stride support to respond to its customers.

Cons

So far, I have not had any problems with Stride, the only doubt I had, the Stride support knew how to resolve with clarity, precision and as soon as possible.

Krystal K.

Stride great for working with teams

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Simple, easy to use, mobile friendly alternative for managing projects and teams. Integrates with lots of other products.

Pros

Stride is a user friendly communications tool for teams to coordinate projects and it integrates with Slack.

Cons

I will be sad to see this software go as it merges with Slack.

Kyle M.

Great app, we use it for our research lab to improve communication external to email.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Seamless communication with my colleagues. This allows us to work more efficiently on our projects.

Pros

Robust file uploading and updating time. I am able to share documents with my colleagues easily and create rooms with certain members to ensure project bubbles exist and function smoothly. Please maintain this quality of Stride - I believe this is a quintessential reason why your app stands apart from others.

Cons

I like GroupMe in terms of "liking" a message to acknowledge who has read the message. I think Stride should introduce some feature like this. Additionally, I use Stride on both my phone and personal computer. I have issues receiving notifications on my phone (I'm away from my desk) when I have Stride open on my phone.

Oleg G.

I'm using this software for about three years to organize collaborative work inside IT company.

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

We organized collaborative work of remote workers using this software (HipChat and Stride).

Pros

I like different rooms with specific rights for all participants. I like that there is also mobile version and it shares the same workspace.

Cons

Performance of laptop version is not high. When software was turned off sometimes I don't get notifications that some new messages were recieved during the offline period.

Richard C.

My company uses Stride extensively and it is a great benefit to our Tech Support Q

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

This software gives each tech the ability to reach out to others while dealing with customers. It also gives the ability to post documents and pictures when there technical anomalies that answers are needed for.

Pros

I like the fact I can contact anyone and they get an e-mail as well. This has been a great help in our daily business and giving us the ability to stay in contact with other techs.

Cons

I really can't think of anything as of this moment. So far it meets all of my requirements and I am sure a lot of others I work with.

Brent C.

An experience which has me seeking to ditch GoToMeeting

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

A better team collaboration experience across the globe, including, video conferencing, decision making, removing reliance on email, and ensuring all are included in conversations.

Pros

- It is easy to use in general case
- Love the ability to record decisions
- Love the integration with other Atlassian products
- Having giphy included means I have no desire to use Slack

Cons

- I want the ability to record meetings
- I want easy integration with Outlook, for organising meetings
- It is a bit clicky to bring up the other phone numbers when using for meetings. I'd like to be able to set a / or multiple normally used numbers; i.e. Australia and UK instead of the USA number

Bryan T.

Marvellous and innovative tool. Love the clean interface and regular creative updates

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

SUCH an uncluttered, clean interface
Love the creativity of the creators on the app in coming up with unique new features
Very powerful with the Decisions & Actions features
Really helping us get things done in our organisation
And it is still so new!

Cons

The mobile lacks behind the desktop version. I wish that the two were on an equal footing when it comes to features - like Decisions & Actions not showing up in Highlights sidebar, polls not working on mobile. Would like to be able to delete a room or two (not just archive them), and also to add our organisational logo/avatars

instant messaging

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

easy, fast, a lot of integrations

Pros

Clean interface. Its a powerful chat tool that can send large files. Love the new gif feature too, makes work more fun

Cons

Crashes regularly. The search tool doesnt always work and will take you to a web browser instead of in app

Moving from HipChat to Stride has increased collaboration even more, and made ChatOps easier

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Much easier collaboration around standups, impromptu meetings, video & audio chat, easier to create chatbots and add multiple teams, just better overall.

Pros

ease of tagging decision points, video calls/meeting, adding chatbots. The UI is much more intuitive than HipChat's, and adds features/functionality that Slack had, but HipChat was missing.

Cons

no dark mode like in HipChat. Slow migration process for moving from HipChat to Stride. We've been using them in parallel in the meantime, which is less than ideal. No plans for an on-prem version ala HipChat Server/Data Center.

Luke P.

Excellent product. One problem we have had and it is impossible to speak with anyone about it

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

Pros

Easy to use. Helps our office tremendously. Price is perfect (free). We couldnt function as an office nearly as well without it. Would recommend it for the most part (see cons)

Cons

We were recently transferred from Hip Chat to Stride. Hip Chat allowed their notifications to stay on the screen until acknowledged. Stride does not do that. As a result we have missed many messages within the office, which is affecting the quality and efficiency of our product. It is impossible to talk to anyone at Stride about this after many attempts.

Marvic C.

It is being tested in the company, since we use many Atlassian products.

Reviewed on 2018/04/18

It significantly supports a more collaborative work environment, is easy to implement because it is easy to use and has a graphical interface that is pleasing to the eye.

Pros

It is excellent to be based on the cloud and has a mobile application, this allows any employee to connect from anywhere with internet access. It is easy to use advanced user management. It can be integrated with multiple applications, it is excellent that in the free version you can make group videoconferences. Significantly supports a more collaborative work environment, the graphic interface is simple and pleasing to the eye.

Cons

Despite having a lower cost than other similar applications, it would be ideal to have a plan similar to that of Jira, to be manageable for small and medium enterprises. It does not have a desktop application. It would be ideal if you had synchronized the reading status of the messages.

Simon N.

Simply put, Stride rocks!

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

The seamless integration with other Atlassian products is amazing. My team and I use Bitbucket and Trello a lot and with the integration everyone can see the updates as tasks are complete as well as when code is pushed to our repositories. Additionally, having built-in video chat is amazing.

Cons

Somewhat limited selection of apps that can be integrated (I believe this will be solved with time) and the inability to change the theme / color scheme (not very important)

Manpreet D.

Its way better than what we used to use. We were using Salesforce chatter before

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

We can send standup status. Chatting with Team members. Creating diff groups

Pros

I like the Stand-up time Standbot, creating rooms feature, in meeting you have the option to share screen.

Cons

Lacks customization options and other settings.Overall response time to simple actions is rather slow. E.g. Hitting the search button and the time it takes to pop up. Clicking on a room and time it takes to load.
Apps/integrations are room/conversation-wide, not application wide, which is weird.

7.0/10

Good, works well to help teams communicate.

Quick communication.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and that is good. I think it is a bit easier than hip chat, that had some of the functionalities a bit tricky to use. Plus has videconference.

Cons

I would like to see a list of urls on every chat. I think Hip Chat had it, and many other like Stride have this list.

Easy to use, great functionality

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Stride has made things easier at work - I’d definitely recommend it for other teamwork or business settings!

Pros

Stride has a lot of different functions that make communicating in a business setting easier. You can add “actions” or “decisions” to team member’s messages to make tasks more efficient. A plus is that it works with gify!

Cons

It would be useful if there was an indication when someone else is currently typing, or when a message has been seen.

Ignacio S.

Stride helps our team a lot. Many solutions integrated in one single place.

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Right now is our best tool for team management and decisions meetings. Very useful.

Pros

Awesome video-audio chat quality.
Easy to create checkpoints in the history of the conversation for future reviews.
File management inside the conversation.
Easy tracking of commits.
Multi platform.

Cons

Is based in Electron that by it self is no a bad thing but, will be awesome a native solution.
The capacity to minimize to the tray area in linux will be great.

Super and cool team communication software, helps in making the team communication so efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/05/27

Pros

- Simple and superb UI.
- Decision-making feature is great and helps to convert the chats into tasks

Cons

- As Stride is a bit new, it has fewer integrations compared to Slack
- You need to have an Atlassian account to use the stride, which is a bit confusing at the start.

Peter M.

Bumpy ride that led us to swap to another platform

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Collaborative communication across a dispersed employee base, as well as data that kept everyone "in the know."

Pros

The rebuild from HipChat seemed very clean and overall very efficient. The bot and integration list seemed to be growing fast and the ones we used worked well.

Cons

Migration from HipChat was very bumpy due to inconsistent messaging from Atlassian staff. We ended up having out Stride account siloed off from the rest of our Atlassian products and were asked to abandon historical data in order to consolidate everything. The lack of a fix for that ultimately led us to have to look to another solution. During the migration there was data loss from HipChat as well. While using the product, notifications seemed inconsistent (at least on Android) and passive so they were easy to miss.

5.0/10
Ari L.

Sad to see it bought out

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

It has been simply perfect. The ease of use trumps slack.

Pros

By far the easiest communication tool, with private and public rooms for my staff to interact.

Cons

It was purchased by Slack, which I’ve used, and do not like. They are discontinuing stride.

Stride is new revamped Hipchat (Its older version) with great UI and lot of new features

Reviewed on 2018/05/26

Pros

- Awesome piece of software helps my team is staying on top of all the things
- Making the chat conversation as a decision is one of the great feature
- UI revamp from Hipchat is great

Cons

- They don't support multiple team in single app
- The free plan had unlimited integrations earlier, but the new one Stride have limited.
- The Atlassian account to access the Stride is bit complex