Zapnito Reviews

Zapnito

Connect with trusted experts

4.9/5 (27 reviews)
Ben J.

Great for showcasing content from expert communities

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

We use zapnito for a variety of purposes, but mainly for online community blogs for our editors, authors and invited contributors. It has given us a platform for community discussion around our journals, with little development time needed from us, helping to raise our visibility and strengthen our relationship with the research community. I would highly recommend them.

Pros

The site looks beautiful and is a great way of displaying content. The site can be customised a lot, especially if you work with their designer on options for the homepage. Images and videos in particular do really well. It's also very easy to use, so much so that we don't really provide any training for our journal authors, who write for the site, which saves us a great deal of time.

Cons

There is some work to be done on using zapnito for online engagement, as commenting is fine but underused, so we're excited to see the new Conversations function, which is now in beta.

Steve H.

Unique approach combined with great customer support

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Our customer engagement on a community-style platform through a homegrown solution needed work - the ability to help users to connect with one another, but keep a specific focus on content and conversation groups meant our needs were quite varied. Ultimately, we want to drive customer engagement and usage to demonstrate value for a membership service - we won't know for some time yet whether we've yet hit the heights we're aspiring to. Still, throughout the planning and rollout phases, Zapnito have been impeccable in their problem-solving ability and tailoring their approach to us. The platform is set up to meet our needs, we've been able to customise to what we need in about 95% of instances where we've wanted to, and we've received positive feedback from users as we've rolled this out.

Pros

I'm most interested in two things: First, the potential to let contributors become content creators and for them to position themselves as experts - this is extremely well set up to do that. Second, I like the adaptability of the platform - it's intuitive to set up, but we've been able to take a different approach to many of the other examples of platform users that we've come across, which has helped adapt to our needs.

Cons

It would be good to have more white-label functions: if we didn't like the names of 'rooms' for example, we might want to change that. That said, there's not yet been many instances where Zapnito haven't been able to either adjust to what we needed, or put it on their roadmap for development.

Martin D.

Really excellent, trusted and close working with Zapnito team to customise my Network.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Modern image driven design. Ease of use for the administrator. Ultimately, straight out-of-the-box platform for rapid deployment. But what makes Zapnito unique is the high level of community management expertise and insights within the team.

Cons

There is not much to dislike. It might begin to require more CMS and LMS functionality as users sophistication for their specific community management grows. Also, scheduled content uploads would be a big feature and I understand this is in advanced development.

Ellen T.

Really helpful staff but could be more user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Good. We use this for blogging, videos and directories. It meets our needs.

Pros

The team are a really helpful and provide lots of support to resolve issues. The videos and guides are great. They also respond quickly and explain things well.

Cons

We use this software for clients to blog and post. Unless they are tech savvy, most are confused and need lots of support from me to get going. In the CMS, things are often not in a logical place. It's fine once you know, but it makes it less user friendly and easy to navigate.

6.0/10
Judith B.

Easy to use, lots of useful features, new features added regularly, fantastic customer support

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

A tailored website with all the functionality we need, but without the long development and testing time and at a very good price.

Pros

It's been very easy to use and adapt to our needs. It is instinctive to use and has allowed us to create a site that exactly fits with what we want - every time I've had a question about something we'd like to do, the team has been able to show me a feature that can do it.

I've also been impressed by the new features introduced on a pretty much weekly basis. Everything is backed up with efficient, professional and friendly customer support - every time I've had a question, I've received help quickly.

Cons

Missing the 'slack-like' functionality of conversations, but I understand this is in the pipeline and will be introduced soon.

Gary P.

New IT Community Launch

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Zapnito has been great to work with. The owner has been involved all the way. It is not often one of the owners stays involved. That is something I really like, because it streamlines decisions quickly.

Pros

The out of box product has most of the functionality we needed, so not a lot of custom work to be done.

Cons

I am mostly a user so I have not been involved in all the integration. There are some upgrade functionality we will need that I do not believe is currently available.

Ian B.

Great team and a really great product.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Probably the best way to rapidly create bespoke community experiences for your audience. It's a great resource to add to your toolkit.

Pros

Very fast to set up new networks, the team are always hands on to help the setup process run smoothly. The product has a great UI that the audience/customer finds really intuitive.

Sean M.

Great platform for those new to posting content

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

I've had a really positive experience with Zapinito. Our customers like the site and we've been able to provide better support because of it.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to build a site given the limited experience I had in this space. The customer support is exceptional and very responsive. Their team is always open to suggestions.

Cons

There isn't anything that stands out. Perhaps being able to better customize the layout of the tiles and organize them.

Zapnito has enabled us to build engaged communities around our key products. Difficult before.

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

Very quick to set up and intuitive. End user feedback is very positive. Look and feel is very fresh, modern and stylish.

Cons

Some of the features take a bit of getting used to when setting up, and, from an administrator point of view can be challenging.

Sunil C.

Zapnito has a great team and together with us, deliver a best in class community platform solution.

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

Pros

The development of the platform and collaborative working environment between us, the client and Zapnito allows for us to build bespoke solutions to meet our expectations and improve user experience.

Cons

The limitations of being a closed source platform means some elements are difficult to change without having the team at Zapnito involved. This can be a hindrance if projects are time sensitive.

Warren R.

A great-looking product that is also great!

Reviewed on 2017/11/11

The ability to market publications from an academic journal to a non-traditional journal audience.

Pros

I'm a big fan of the clean interface and ease of use for the end-user. Technical support/customer service has been very quick and helpful when needed.

Cons

Adding, removing and grouping users has proven to be a bit complicated for me. In my opinion that would benefit from some refinement from an Admin perspective.

David H.

Intuitive, flexible and user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

It enables me to reach a good audience through Life Labs

It wasn't around 10 years ago and that I still need to Use LinkedIn and other media to reach a wide audience. That said, of all the channels I use, Zapnito is the most bespoke and user friendly with a great team to provide support and advice when needed.

Pros

That it enables me to share content with my audience, and potential new clients in a 'noise free' adaptive virtual environment. Its a bit like going to a high end members only discussion group, rather than a conference which is open to all.

Georgi M.

Easy to use platform

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

It has been great being to keep up with Zapnito's development and progress with regular catch ups and feel like, as clients, we are integral to continual development.

Pros

Very easy to use and has sleek-looking design features.

Cons

I am eagerly awaiting post scheduling capabilities!

Russell V.

Zapnito is a great resource for us to share content and engage an audience close to our brand

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

The ability to produce focused content to an audience that makes regular use of our product.

Pros

The design of Zapnito's platform is really intuitive. It's really easy to update our hub with content and there have been some great features like video panels that have even allowed us to share quality video content.

Cons

There isn't a lot to complain about with the Zapnito platform. Everything is continual improving and it's always nice to see new features added!

Very open and responsive in terms of feature development and feedback.

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

Easy platform to share our content. Saves internal site development time. Helpful Zapnito team.

Pros

Very intuitive to use as a user and site manager. Great customer support - quick to respond and open about the process.

Cons

Sometimes the structure can be constrictive and you don't have complete control over development, although that's general feedback for working with an external developer.

Toby G.

Very quick set up. We launched within six weeks of starting to work with Zapnito.

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

It has enabled us to offer a digital space where we may be able to build an engaged community 365/24/7, going beyond our annual two-day event.

Pros

Works out of the box. It is a CRM and a CMS and an analytics engine all rolled into one. It is easy to use.

Cons

We're going to have to do some integration with other systems we have (but that's true for most) but there's not much to dislike.

Thought Leadership Made SO Easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Thought leadership marketing, community build and engagement, lead generation, marketing services revenue creation.

Pros

This is so easy and cost effective to use. If you have experts whose thought leadership you are trying to promote, this is the solution for which you have been looking. It doesn't require any heavy lifting at all. You can be up and marketing in a couple days. It perfectly blends CMS and collaboration functionality to create a branded platform for showcasing your thought leadership and engaging your community. Perfect.

Cons

I wished I had known about it 2 years ago before investing a lot of money, time and stress in building a bespoke website to do what this does seamlessly

Jack J.

Great value for money, when I had an issue they had amazing customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

General user experience, modern UI, great integrated features and it does everything I need it to do in one package.

Cons

Sorry but I find it very difficult to say anything I don't like about this software. If I was going to improve one thing it would the analytics tool UX.

Darren G.

Everything is well laid out and makes the user experience logical and easy.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

The ability to access expert input, alongside a smart UI and engaging interactive journey is compelling.

Cons

It will be interesting to see how the product scales as the user base expands. I'm also keen to see what the roadmap is for the future.

Robert B.

Intuitive, full-featured, quick to set-up

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/26

User engagement and organic community growth, with the ability to create revenue streams from these.

Pros

Overall, it is the ability to creating a space where users can focus on topics without noise. All content is on one place - not competing with space and having to deal with unwelcome distractions like other platforms. It is very easy to set-up a fully customised community. Content creation and sharing is very quick. The support team has been very responsive to either add to the roadmap or integrate third-party services.

Youri H.

Overall very happy

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Pros

The many possibilities it has to offer to personalise the community exactly to your needs. Also, we are very happy for the great customer support we get. The Zapnito team is involved to our success, which stimulates the development of our platform.

Cons

The costs for additional development is not cheap. But if more Zapnito customers are interested in the same features, they will develop it for free.

Brooke V.

Great password protected site!

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Awesome company! Great service and really nice to work with.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use, once you learn the basic features. It also has a streamlined look that compliments the brand well.

Cons

I would like to have a little more control over the the content: being able to schedule things out in advance, have more ability to create a specific style/look for a post, etc.

7.0/10
Sinead M.

Zapnito is the best way to connect with our target audience!

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Engages our ideal audience, build brand trust and recognition and ultimately generates business for us.

Pros

It's easy to use and to onboard our teams and it has had a huge impact on our business. The Zapnito team are awesome, they're so helpful and provide great expertise.

Cons

There's nothing I can think of right now, it's honestly great and the team make it so easy to implement.

Sarah G.

Great customer service and easy to use product

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/01/14

Pros

One of the huge positives about working with Zapnito is the ease of set-up and the great customer service you receive whilst working on your new products. The product itself is very easy to use with great feedback from both users and those building the product.

Cons

Nothing has been a problem for us whilst working with Zapnito. There is a great set of people to work with and nothing is too much of a challenge for them to solve.

Ciara W.

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

Looks great, easy to use, great support from account manager.

Cons

Some functionality is still being built, but they are always happy to hear feedback and add new things into their roadmap