Therabill

Practice management for rehab therapy & behavioral health

Nuha H.

Just needs a few fixes

Reviewed on 2019/04/06

It's a wonderful resource however requires a great deal of practice and guidance on how to navigate the steps of billing and understanding the what and why of what I'm doing.

Pros

- Amazing that a lot of the work is done for you and system is already in place and automatically populates all the info you need, and with just the click of a button you can bill out your claims.
- Love that it's connected directly to my documentation system.
- Customer service is good and knowledgable
- Very helpful resources, especially knowledge videos!

Cons

- I wish there was a lot more specific guidance during the onboarding call with how to use the system (for ex: I was supposed to receive another call to continue training however still haven't had the opportunity to complete the training despite already being at the point of needing it and unsure of how to proceed)
- Customer service is great however I feel like no one is really going over the basics of Therabill and what everything means, especially for someone who is so new to the system and billing in general.

Nick E.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

TheraBill, good tool, non-responsive support

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

I have been a user of this tool for over 2 years, all has been very good, lots of features, lots of good templates, and pretty easy to set up and use. However, our practice is in Phoenix AZ, and this tool does not support Phoenix AZ timezone for Google Calendar. I have submitted over 6 bug reports, but I have not received a satisfactory response. Different customer supports personnel goes down the same path (make sure your google calendar is in the correct timezone.), but they tag the bug fixed, and then go unresponsive. I have given up, and will not be using this feature. It is too bad, because our patients do like receiving reminder emails, however until this bug is fixed, we cannot send them reminders, nor can we populate our therapists' Google calendars with their appointments.

Pros

Great features, great value, very intuitive

Meg C.

Made my life 1000x easier

Reviewed on 2011/12/08

I was so relieved to find Therabill. I tried the state's free system and found it complicated and lacking with some services I wanted. I have also used other online billing services that were often flawed and had terrible customer support.
I LOVE the ease of Therabill and the excellent support I receive if I ever have a question or issue. Which is very infrequent due to the detailed FAQ section. I really appreciate that the site is always changing and expanding to meet our needs. I know a lot of care and work are put in to maintaining it's success.
This site has everything I could ask for in a billing system and so much more. I can get my billing done in a matter or minutes. I recommend Therabill to anyone who is doing their own billing or as a company. It is well worth the small monthly fee!

Pros

Great customer support, Very detailed program, meets all my needs, love the section where we can send our bills back to the invoicing area, Fast turn around with payments from ins. companies, I like being able to re-activate clients if I need to, the recurring clients section in a must, automatic insurance card from the state is very helpful.

Cons

I would say I do not use all the features on the site but that is only because I don't need them at this point.

I don't add new clients that often but always stumble over doing so. The ins. card name (not the company but what to "call it?") is one I never seem to know what to do with. It always works out somehow but think it could be a bit more clear.

Response from TheraBill

Hi Meg,

I agree with the what you say about the "credit card title". I am going to make the credit card title a non-required field soon. However, here is a brief explanation of what it is.

It is really just a way for you to title the insurance card in any way you want. Think of it is a free style note. The title is displayed to you when you go to create an insurance claim, therefore, you can put anything in it that will help you at that point.

The main reason behind it is because sometimes an insurance company may accept electronic claims through a third party (with a different name). For example, the insurance company name on the physical insurance card you receive from the client might be "Acme Insurance". But they accept claims through "XYZ Corporation". You would have to choose XYZ Corporation as the insurance company (who to route the claim to), but you could title it "XZY Corporation" to match what is on the insurance card.

Racheal G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Functional for a small or large private practice

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

This product has been extremely helpful in reducing time spent on insurance invoicing and reviewing EOBs. It also provides professional looking invoices. I love how it keeps track of how many days have passed with overdue bills.

Pros

Within a few clicks I am able to submit claims to insurance companies. I don't have to spend time double checking each box in the claims submitted, because they are always filled out automatically correct.

Cons

Some features with finding bills and payment receipts required assistance for me to find when I was initially learning the program.

Angela L.

Reviewed on 2013/04/14

I'm a speech-language pathologist and a sole proprietor. I have around 10 clients that I see privately in addition to working for another agency. Before Therabill, I was keeping track of everything by pen and paper along with Google calendar. Therabill is great because it has all the features I was looking for in one product. I've been using it for a year now and can't say enough great things about it!

I can submit all of my insurance claims through here. It keeps electronic files for my clients (current and discharged) where I can write daily SOAP notes and upload evaluation reports that I've written on Microsoft Word. The calendar syncs with Google calendars and helps keep track of my sessions with clients, lets me add in other events (I add in the clients from my other job onto the calendar so I don't double book), and automatically sends email reminders to clients about their upcoming appointments. It's very user-friendly and all web-based so you can access it anywhere you have an internet connection.

Customer support has always promptly responded to my emails and questions and fixed any problems within 24 hours. The online help videos and webinars are actually helpful and worth the time to learn about all of the features that Therabill has to offer. I highly recommend this product for any allied health care professional to help keep their billing and medical records organized and easily accessible.

Erika F.

Customer service is non existent

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Terrible customer service. They have gotten worse since web pt took them over. They are money focused and not customer focused

Pros

I liked ease of use. I liked that multiple providers could use it and that it could handle growth of our business.

Cons

when there are problems they seem to shrug it off rather than fixing it. We have had multiple issues which are costing my business money and they do not seem to be taking our concerns seriously.

Derek B.

Not As Advertised

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Absolute worst business decision I ever made. I am 2 1/2 months into this with no end in sight. Now I can't get them to switch me back to my old company. Nothing is as advertised. We were told multiple times that things were ready then they never were. This company is either very dishonest or extremely incompetent. I would not recommend anyone leave where they are. I have a well established business and have never had cash flow problems. After 7 years of business I am worried about payroll for the first time ever because of the company.

Pros

It was tied in with my EMR so ease of information flow

Cons

They never could set up Medicare payments and always blamed someone else. 2 1/2 months I haven't been able to bill Medicare they have almost ran my business out of money. They are not clearinghouse so you have 2 or 3 channels places everything is going and they all blame it on the other part. Never could get help. They also didn't tell us we had to sign up with all the other clearinghouses

Denise G.

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 2013/09/21

For years I have been using a different practice management product that required I export to a claims processing service. Recently I decided to look for a product that was web-based and would include the billing feature without exporting. I researched and selected a different product to begin using the last week in August with the plan of discontinuing the old system at the first week in September. Well, after 4 days with that product, I began looking again and found Therabill. Within 3 days we were up and running because the software is intuitive and has great video training support as well. Besides the ease of use, it is incredibly flexible. Lack of flexibility was why I aborted on the first program I selected. We are still in the free trial period and love it!

Bonnie G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

PT billing software that is not will integrated with documentation system and has many short...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

it goes along with WebPT and is affordable for a sole practitioner , easy to print reports and invoices

Cons

is not user friendly, does not integrate well with WebPT , have to do double entries sometimes bc things will not cross over , with self pay pts have to go in and apply to DOS manually will not automatically assign it to a DOS

Anat S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great for therapy notes and billing

Reviewed on 2015/04/20

Pros

It is easy to navigate and great for organizing therapy notes.

Cons

No online chat to quickly resolve issues if having difficulty

Christine M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

therabill review

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

terrible customer service, and poorly made simulation videos.

Pros

I signed up because I had prior use with WebPT documentation

Cons

Setup is a nightmare and customer service is terrible

Lateasha D.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2020/07/25

My overall experience has been great. I have utilized this product over the past 5 years and I am always amazed at how they are able to keep up with ever-changing technology. I feel like my business is on the cutting edge of technology, thanks to Therabill!

Pros

I love the fact that I have access to support (an actual person, that will listen to my problems and resolve any issues that may arise).

Cons

I can't say that there is anything that I like least about the software.

Tom G.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy To Use

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

We really like this software, it has been a great improvement for us and we are anxious to see the new additions when they are ready to be installed.

Pros

The color coding is surprisingly not only appealing but very efficient and 'self-sense' rewarding. Our therapists really like the ability to communicate securely with clients through the patient portal. The ability to process payments (especially credit cards) within the system has been a huge time saver.

Cons

We would like to see more options for our administrators to customize some layouts and reports, would like to see the option to search clients more easily, and move the tab "select therapists" from the bottom corner (it is very hard to get to sometimes). We would like to see a more user specific way to communicate between administrators and therapists and clients. Would have been nice to have a more easy system to migrate our (then) current clients into this new system.

Cathy C.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Therabill hits the mark in electronic billing

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

GREAT!!! Delightful. I loved that unpaid insurance claims were near zero.

Pros

Insurance aging was always close to zero. Therabill worked with Web PT to streamline billing processes. Claims went out to the correct insurance, payments were posted correctly to accounts and aging was extremely small and manageable.

Cons

Trying to find how claims were paid, how to change posting errors or changes was not as user friendly as it could be. Customer services was strictly via internal ticket method. Some instructions are just better via phone.

Danni J.

Would recommend

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I would recommend this software. Once you get used to all of the tabs it is very functional.

Pros

All the billing is in one place and I can edit patient information in the program without going in to another program.

Cons

The program is a little hard to navigate at first (as with any new software) but the flow seemed hard to get used to. But now it is great.

Chuck M.

Therabill Review

Reviewed on 2011/12/07

Would definitely recommend this for an individual provider or a small agency.

Pros

User friendly/easy to use; excellent customer support. Great from the "billing submission" perspective.

User guide (manual) is helpful

Cons

Difficult for an inexperienced person to decide on which reports to generate, when and how often. Could use a "user guide" with examples of sample reports and how to generate them.

No option to reconcile payments due to providers based receipt of payment separate from ERA/EOB- assumes that payment is received with the ERA/EOB.

Response from TheraBill

Thanks for the useful feedback. I would like to respond.

I do want to point out that there is an instructional video for creating customized reports at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKxZ18EJ4zI

I do not feel it would be wise for Therabill to dictate when, how often, or even if you should create reports. Therabill caters to a large audience, from solo providers to groups over of 100 providers. There are some commonly needed pre-made reports if you need them under Filing -> Reports. In addition to the commonly used pre-made reports, I will put up some report examples from the customized reports.

Therabill does give you the ability to enter a "Deposit Date" with each of your payments entered. This could be used to reconcile your payments.

Dawn B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

No hassle scheduling and billing.

Reviewed on 2015/05/18

Pros

It is easy to use and navigate through. It has continued to grow since we began using it in 2012. The vendor is always wanting to make it more user friendly and tailoring it to everyone's needs.

Cons

What I like the least about this product is that it went through a period when it was always running slow. Once Therabill realized there was an issue with too many users, they expanded to benefit the customer and their needs.

Erick W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Therabill is pretty solid so far

Reviewed on 2017/07/13

Glad we have this as product, it's definitely a time saver when there are many other tasks demanding time as we establish a practice.
The knowledge base videos are very helpful when you need to find answers on your own

Pros

The system is fairly intuitive and user friendly. We've used it sporadically for the first couple months but are now using it more consistently and getting better acquainted. The processes are fairly fluid and easy to remember unless you make some manual entry errors.

Cons

Front end training was pretty minimal.
Sometimes customer service can lag but they're generally responsive & willing to take time to work through things with you on the phone.
If you make manual entry errors it can take several steps with customer service guidance to get things cleaned up.

Uzma H.

Great Combination Billing Software with WebPT

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Overall, a very convenient software if you have WebPT

Pros

I like that I can write notes on WebPT and it automatically gets put into therabill and I am able to bill in 5-10 m inutes

Cons

When you make a mistake, it can be complicated to figure out what to do to fix it and sometimes the call back support can take a while to get back to you.

Phaedra A.

100% satisfied!

Reviewed on 2016/08/15

Pros

You can use it anywhere; at home in the clinic or on the go. It is very simple to use; and customer service is fantastic. They reply fast to all inquiries. I love the goal bank; once you have written a goal you can find it and edit it easily to use for another kid.

Cons

Just wish it wasn't as expensive, compared to other's.

Janet C.

Great tool

Reviewed on 2011/12/08

Awesome awesome awesome! I have recommended therabill to several others!

Pros

Therabill is a life saver! I was doing my own billing and spending hours, with mountains of paperwork. Then my friend showed me Therabill - it was user friendly, efficient and time-saving, and Joe is a great support if you are having problems. I got control of my billing and it only took minutes a week. It was affordable too!

Cons

I am not doing billing anymore (I work in a school) but I still have to pay monthly to keep my bookkeeping for tax purposes.

Response from TheraBill

Therabill does not hold on to your private client information if you do not have a paid account with Therabill. However, at any time you can do a full download of all of your information to your computer if you no longer want to subscribe to Therabill. Therabill does offer the option to hold on to your information for you and give you access to your account for a very minimal monthly fee of $6.95 per month.

Lacking in features

Reviewed on 2020/09/26

Poor- we will be switching EHR for a software that has more features.

Pros

Easy learning curve. Straightforward to learn how to schedule and chart notes. Clean dashboard that is not overly cluttered

Cons

Does not have features available for prescribers. No patient portal. Unable to copy forward while notes makes charting cumbersome. Non existent customer services.

Denise G.

Glad to Have It

Reviewed on 2015/05/15

Pros

I like the support online and the quick response time to individual problems and or concerns. Also, features are developed in response to requests.

Cons

It lacks intuitiveness so that I am searching all over and then after I found how to do something I cannot remember how I did it.

Radhika B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

works great in conjunction with webpt

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

I love how it is interconnected with my webpt software and makes billing easy with the click of a button.

Cons

My Medicare ERA does not automatically get put in therabill. I have to do it manually by hand which is time consuming.

Holly S.

Wouldn't Use Anything Else

Reviewed on 2011/12/08

I would highly recommend this program. I am so glad someone recommended TheraBill to us.
When we first started with the program and needed assistance, our calls were returned promptly. The office assistant using the program was somewhat inexperienced in computer use but found this program to be user-friendly. And even after using the program for almost 2 years, if we ever need support (which is very rarely because of the ease in using TherBill), our emails are answered very quickly.

Pros

Easy to understand and use.
Navigation is easy.
Support is prompt and excellent.

Cons

None for our use.