Showing 144 reviews of 134

BoardBookit

Board management & online portal for boards of directors

Showing 144 reviews of 134
Randy W.
  • Industry: Music

Organize Board Communications & Power-Up Board Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Fabulous company; you can always get someone on the phone and speak directly to a product manager who can resolve your issues. They are responsive, friendly, professional, and quick.

Pros

Boardbookit has really helped me to centralize my board communication, our documents (financial statements, board packets, reports), attendance taking, poll taking, and more. You are able to easily assign user permissions, organize users into committees, assemble multiple documents into a printable PDF, and more. I especially like that you can deactivate users without deleting them—ideal if your organization has board members that rotate-off when termed-out, but return the subsequent year. The mobile app on iOS is fantastic; even better than the website itself. Our board is always ready and prepared when they come to meetings, thanks to BoardBookit!

Cons

I've encountered a few bugs, but every time I write to Boardbookit about them, they correct them or find me a workaround. I don't have any complaints about the software at all.

Darlene S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Feature-Rich, Best in Class

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

Excellent, absolutely excellent. The sales process was terrific, onboarding was phenomenal, ongoing training and support are top-notch, and feature development is continuous. The BoardBookit portal itself is exactly what our Board members and the Board liaison needed, easy to use and feature-rich. The price point is also excellent for our organization, with BoardBookit, onboarding, support, and training included in the annual subscription price. Excellent tool, excellent company.

Pros

BoardBookit has top-notch, US-based support 24x7 for admin users and Board Member/end users. All support calls by our organization have been handled excellently.

Training sessions are provided by BBi professionals directly to end users, anytime, anywhere.

BoardBookit is a women-owned, women-led company whose sole focus is on meeting the needs of Board managers and Board members.

The BBi end-user interface is accessible via computer, tablet, or mobile device; our Board members find it easy to access and intuitive to use.

Our Board Liaison is able to set up, configure, and administrate BBi without assistance from internal IT support. This is an AMAZING testament to BBi's ease of use and excellent product design.

Cons

BoardBookit is always adding and developing features and functionality, their product road map is full of great enhancements. The reporting and survey features are relatively new to BoardBookit, which we are happy to have available. Both surveys and reporting deserve more robust functionality, which I believe is already on the BBi road map.

Working well for a 12-member board

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

Keeps everything in one place, securely. I particularly like that, e.g. access to committee meeting agendas or related documents are automatically restricted to committee members. BoardBookit has good functions for managing meeting agendas, and new ones like votes, polls, and tasks have been added since we started using the product.

Cons

There are two functions I would like to see added or adjusted. One is that there is no way to post a link individually or in a group, e.g. to share relevant articles with board members, or to link to a shared Google doc or drive. Links must be added to a document and then posted.

The second is that for ease of management, ability to write notes on, etc., all uploaded/posted documents including Excel files are converted to pdf format. But sometimes I want to securely share other types of files with the board, e.g. financials in a spreadsheet to be manipulated by other committee or board members.

Response from BoardBookit

HI!

Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the agenda, votes, polls, and task functionality! The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future. I will be sure to pass your other request on to our team.

Jacki H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My worklife is soooo much easier!

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

The best experience -- right from the beginning -- is the support. If we can't figure it out on email, someone calls and we set up an appointment to get it right.
Everyone has been friendly from the very beginning.

Pros

1) "Cloning" meetings and agendas
2) Emailing right from the site to our Board members
3) All of our Board members took to the site at the first meeting
4) Presentations are done right from Bookit now instead of working back and forth with Powerpoint and printed materials; we just project Bookit to the screen
5) No more dealing with Adobe; which is not always user friendly with Excel documents

Cons

1) Agenda formatting; but we have a workaround; I wish there was a way to reduce/increase font size, margins, and the ability to put spacing inbetween agenda items.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Jacki!

Thank you for the BoardBookit review. We absolutely love to hear that our Support Team has been able to provide you such good service. It is also great to know that you are enjoying the portal functionality, I will be sure to pass on your agenda formatting suggestions to our team.

Anna A.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Streamlined my Process & made users happy

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Pros

We have been using BoardBookit shortly after it came out. Prior to using BoardBookit, we created paper agendas w/accompanying documents which were FedExed to our Board. So much paper and time is saved. The Board likes using it, I like using it. I love that all the documents are now automatically archived and easy to find. We can fine tune the agenda until the last minute since we don't have to mail it anymore.
I also like that the company is continually improving the product and customer service, which we rarely need because it is so easy to use, is always available.

Cons

In the beginning there were some hitches, better now.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Anna, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's amazing to hear how much time and paper you're saving with BoardBookit! We're also happy to know that you're loving our secure document archive and our integrated features for last minutes changes. Thanks again!

Ej J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

I'm New But Up-to-Speed!

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

BoardBookit keeps everyone connected, without a bunch of emails! Everyone knows to check their meeting for uploaded documents and doesn't have to worry about meetings they are not a part of. You can limit the number of Notifications and Reminders sent.

You are able to forward load the system and only publish the upcoming months meetings; again, relieving the members of multiple notices for dates they may forget about. I am more hands on and "control" the program tighter than my predecessor.

Pros

Learning curve is minimal for tech savvy and moderately savvy individuals.

Cons

Not being able to make adjustments and continue in the same location/document. Edit the Agenda and it takes you out of the Meeting document.

Response from BoardBookit

Hello EJ!

Thank you for your BoardBookit review. We are thrilled that you've found our platform easy to learn. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to understand your feedback about editing the agenda so we can pass that on to our development team.

Thank you!

Karla J.
  • Industry: Banking

Overall review

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

It has made like a lot easier now that I have everyone working on one system

Pros

We have all the meeting through out the bank in one place and it is easy to locate documents needed.

Cons

Converting agenda to minutes not user friendly at all you can not make them look good unless you copy and paste into a word document everything starts getting out of order need to be able to easily change positioning on the minutes.

Sandy L.

Product Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I enjoy the ease of uploading documents. The simplicity of using it makes it so covenant. I do have to spend much time teaching new user

Pros

It is very easy for my board . They haven't started using the voting part of the software yet, I hope to teach them this part next

Cons

I am not sure I have found anything that I do not like.

Response from BoardBookit

Hello Sandy!

Thank you for such a kind review. We are glad to hear that you and your board find that our portal is easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to BoardBookit Support when you have a new user, we will be more than happy to set up a training session with them to walk them through the portal!

The Little Engine That Could

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

I used Capterra when comparing board portals. Many were simply too pricey for our small NPO. However, I needed to find something to streamline communication and archiving data for our board. After multiple webinars and lack of transparency of many platforms, I was refreshed to reach a real person with straightforward answers to my questions about pricing and features.

Pros

I am most impressed by the availability of apps for multiple platforms. Each of them offer the same ease of use and continuity.

Cons

I wish that items already uploaded to the platform could be copied and moved into additional folders and/or to the ”Board Books.”

Response from BoardBookit

Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! We're happy you enjoy our full featured mobile apps for Apple and Android! It's one of our goals to give board members access to their materials with the tap of a finger. We'll also pass along your suggestions regarding copied information to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Doug C.
  • Industry: Banking

One of my best decisions!

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

The overall experience is, I don’t know what I’d do without it!

Pros

A board portal was one of my top priorities when I started my job two years ago. I shopped other providers and selecting BoardBookit was the best decision I could have made. The ease of use and time savings were better than I expected. I use it for archiving old board minutes which saves a bunch of time in doing research. In addition, I love tracking the use of the portal under user activity, it makes everyone accountable!

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do is upload a video file.

Rosemary O.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Board BookIT makes it much easier to manage Board administration

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

Pros

Compared to some other Board administration Software i have used in the past, Board BookIT has more features that aids in managing Board activities in any given period. Particularly I like the reminders it sends out to Board members prior to any meeting, the ease in extracting attendance of members for audit purposes and the fact that Minutes can be taken right there on the Software. Although we are yet to try this but the fact that it has the feature is great. Also documents can be signed electronically on the software. Overall it is an amazing Software and I absolutely enjoy using it.

Cons

I struggled a bit while initially navigating the software. Played around it a while longer and got a hang of it. I believe the software could use an improvement on the ease of navigation.

Response from BoardBookit

Rosemary,

Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad you've had a positive experience with us and that you're enjoying the many features BoardBookit has to offer.

If you ever have questions on navigating through the board portal, or simply want a refresher training course, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team!

Thanks again.

Mary B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Board Reports

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

One of your best features is customer support. I have always received a quick and thorough response when needed.

Pros

User Friendly & Able to Customize as needed

Cons

Creating the board books has been a challenge as I am still learning all the features available. Of course, one can never know how a system will work until implemented. I would make some changes to better utilize the way we create and execute our board reports, but I am able to make it work and the trustees seem to like it.

Mariann E.
  • Industry: Libraries

makes doing board work easy

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

to date it has been wonderful. service is exceptional and my board members love it

Pros

I love the ease of use and functionality of board book it. I can access it from anywhere including my phone. It has made communication between board committees and members a lot easier

Cons

I wish there was a place where minutes could be listed without being associated with a meeting. It causes a bit of confusion for my board members

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Mariann, Thank you for your honest review of BoardBookit! We're so happy to hear that you love accessing your board materials anytime on any device. It's also awesome that BoardBookit has enhanced communication between board members. We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding meeting minutes to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Great resource for smaller non-profits and boards!

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

We needed a place where board members could go, sort of "one stop shopping" to retrieve board meeting materials, documents, minutes, financial statements, by-laws, etc. that was easy to update and access. BoardBookit easily met this requirement!

Pros

BoardBookit is really easy to use and not threatening to board members who are not as tech savvy! It has many features but is not overwhelming!

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about this software!

Response from BoardBookit

Thank you for your positive review of BoardBookit! It's great to hear that we're helping your board stay organized with one central place to house all of your board materials! It's also nice to hear that our robust features are easy to use, even for some of the most tech adverse boards! Thanks again!

Guillermo C.

Easy to manage

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

We love how we can communicate and collaborate with all of our Board Members at ease!

Cons

Branding: We wish we could brand the portal to match our colors.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Guillermo!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is great to hear that you find our portal is easy to use. I will be sure to pass on the branding suggestion to our team.

Colleen F.

Welcome to 2019

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

It has been great, pretty easy to use.

Pros

I did minutes for 4 different boards for almost 14 years, and wish we would have known about this product! This is so great, people can be at the meeting without physically being at the meeting. They can view the agendas, minutes, reports, etc. without the wastefulness of paper!

Cons

When inputting the agenda, you can't move an item once it has been added. Sometimes agenda item priorities change before the meeting, and it would be great to easily move them around in the edit agenda screen.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Colleen, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that BoardBookit makes it easier for minute taking, distributing materials to board members, and keeping them informed even if they can't attend a meeting. Also, you actually can move an item once it has been added to an agenda! So, feel free to contact our Customer Success team and we'll be happy to walk you through that functionality! Thanks again!

Myrna F.

World Business Chicago and Boardbookit

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

My overall experience with Boardbookit has been and continues to be efficient and an excellent opportunity to enhance board engagement and streamline board governance.

Pros

The feature that I focused on the most was adding unlimited users at no addition cost.

Cons

One of the features that I find missing is the capacity to add an attachment when emailing board members. However, when I contacted Boardbookit's customer service, they were quick to add that they would submit this to the software folks.

Lourdes C.

User Friendly software

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Overall, I enjoy using BoardBookit for Supervisory Committee meetings.

Pros

Easy to set-up meetings, create agenda and add files.

Cons

When e-signatures are obtained for a document. Is it possible to prevent others from viewing the signed document?
Would like to move document to a meeting tab.

Response from BoardBookit

Lourdes,

I'm so happy to hear that you find the software user-friendly! We strive to give our users the best experience possible so that it great to hear.

It is possible to turn off the eSignature tab for users. I've forwarded your query onto our support team and someone will be reaching out to shortly to walk you through that option.

Rich H.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Efficient / Cost & Time savings!

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Staff production costs have been greatly reduced. Meetings are more efficiently run and board members are pleased.

Pros

The program is easy to use and easy for my board members to navigate. BBI saved us thousands of dollars in material costs.

Cons

Sign in capability is unpleasant - not matter how many times you click "remember me" you still have to retype in your name and password.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Rich, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear how much time and production costs you are saving with BoardBookit! We'll forward your concerns about the login process to our engineering team for future enhancements. Thanks again!

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good resource

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Pros

Simple software, but makes it easy to communicate with the Board and get approval for resolutions.

Cons

Lacks electronic signature abilities. Fairly bare bone software.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Matthew!

Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that our portal has provided ease for your board! Keep in mind, we do have the ability to do electronic signatures within our portal along with many other features. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to you in order to walk you through the electronic signature functionality.

Brent A.

BoardBookIt- beginning user

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

We had 2 boards of directors, and with 28 people using their own different computers, we experienced many issues of them not being able to view or print the documents for the meeting. BoardBookIt has solved those access problems. It is easy to set up meetings, add online agendas and documents, and quickly be prepared for our meetings.

Pros

The ease of sharing documents that everyone can see and download and print if they wish. We had 2 boards of directors, and with 28 people using their own different computers, we experienced many issues of them not being able to view or print the documents for the meeting. BoardBookIt has solved that problem.

Cons

It was another software for us and the board of directors to learn and use, which is always the case with new software.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Brent!

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that although you had some difficulties, BoardBookit Support was able to solve them for you. Please feel free to reach out to BoardBookit Support with any further questions or concerns and they will assist you directly.

Kevin B.

Excellent way to keep your Board informed and engaged.

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Awesome software. Easy to use (though learning curve for those not as familiar with technology). Intuitive. Gets everyone on the same page. A little challenging to get some Board members to step outside their comfort zone to fully embrace a portal like this.

Pros

Well thought out. Ease of use. Everything you need, all in one place. Remote voting for Board members.

Cons

Updates sent via email don't include the updates themselves, just a notification of what is new on your Board portal.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you're finding the ease of use a great asset for your board along with remote, electronic Voting!

Linda M.

The Ease of BoardBookit

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Trying to reduce paper usage by using BoardBookit for our Board's to be able to look at their electronic devices during meetings so they can follow the agenda instead of printing out packets with hundred's of sheets of paper being used.

Pros

The ease to which you can create agenda's, enter information.

Cons

Trying to do the minutes in the software. Very difficult.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for BoardBookit. We are happy to hear that our portal makes it easy for you to create agendas and enter information. If you would like assistance with creating minutes within our portal please reach out to BoardBookit Support.

Thanks!

Kelly K.

Ease of Use!

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

A great platform to build and use, not only on the back end but board members found it easy to use!

Pros

Building the boats survey and the board book was very easy!

Cons

I like the colors the least. I would like to see a more colorful screen when I use is, maybe not a gray background.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Kelly!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is great that you and your board members find our platform is easy to use. I will be sure to pass on the suggestion of a more colorful aesthetic to our team.

Linda L.

MCAL Board Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I appreciate the ease of access for all board members regardless of location.

Pros

I especially like the App for access on the go.

Cons

I would like to be able to edit meeting headings / as in organization name.

Response from BoardBookit

Hi Linda, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you love mobile apps for accessing your board materials on the go. Also, admins on our platform do have the ability to make changes to an organization's name. So, feel free to contact our customer success team and we can walk you through that functionality!