7Geese Reviews

7Geese

Leading OKRs goal-setting & performance management platform

4.5/5 (38 reviews)
Dave T.

It is exactly what we wanted

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Nice people and terrific to work with. Truly 6 out of 5 stars.

Pros

When we went looking for a system to track our OKRs internally, we defined what we wanted, then went and looked. 7 Geese matched our requirements so closely that at first we dove in checking against it because nothing matches what you want that close.

But it did match. And in use we've found that it's works smoothly and gives us what we want, without adding much more to it. It's one of the very few products I give a 10 to. And one of only three products that I have told them I'm willing to be a reference for them.

Cons

It doesn't handle well have OKRs for both the year (company OKRs) and quarterly (department & individual). You have to move back and forth for that case. There's also a couple more complex settings I wish they could do for Key Results, but it's probably for the best they don't - because if they do my 2 weird ones, they'll do 20 other weird ones, and then it's a mess.

John B.

Awesome tool to track objectives

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I have used this tool for almost 2 years, and I support the continued use of 7Geese. I find it relatively simple, straight-forward and easy to use.

Pros

The 7Geese tool is very easy to use. With just a brief overview, it becomes a very easy and effective way to create and track objectives, and ensure organizational alignment on individual objectives. There is a lot of flexibility within the tool to identify the metrics associated with each objective, and then track performance to meeting the objective. It is an excellent tool to assist in periodic (such as quarterly or annual) performance reviews, and provides a record easily accessible to the employee. And not to be missed, it is an excellent tool to recognize individuals and co-workers for for exceptional or outstanding efforts and teamwork.

Cons

It can take a little effort/coordination to define organizational or department objectives, so without complete buy-in and participation from senior management it can lose some of the tools effectiveness.

Austin M.

7-Geese, An Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

The product is awesome, easy to use, and keeps me organized. It has to be the best product I have ever used to manage goals and OKRs.

Pros

This software is great in that it's easy to use, intuitive, and really allows you to keep tabs on your organization and what your employees are aiming toward each quarter.

Cons

The software isn't very configurable in terms of 1-on-1s. I have to schedule 1-on-1s anytime I want to document those conversations with my team. I wish it allowed you to enter these ad hoc.

Caitlin C.

Infrequent use

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

When used, it is a great tool for team members and myself to think intentionally about what we want to accomplish each quarter. As a sales team, it's easy to get tunnel vision on the numbers, and 7Geese helps encourage us to think about our goals outside of just revenue and retention.

Cons

On the flipside of the pros, it has been difficult to fully integrate in Customer Success. While ideally we would want to consistently use it every quarter, we push it at the beginning of the year, and then don't keep with it throughout the year. We haven't found the right way to use it on the sales side of PitchBook.

Michaelia T.

Fun tool to use internally but complicated to use at times

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

The greatest benefit I get from 7geese is seeing what others in the organization are doing and being able to recognize the great work my team is doing. It adds a sense of purpose as I can visually see what all is going on across the company.

Pros

I love being able to see what my colleagues and other teams within our company are working on and their progress towards their goals. Being able to recognize my teammates so that their hard work is visible to others is also great. The UI is visually appealing.

Cons

Though the UI is visually appealing, it also doesn't seem well thought out. Sometimes I feel like there are 100 ways to do the one thing I want to do which seems like it isn't a big deal but for me, I just like having one or maybe two ways to navigate and do what I need to get done.

Smile For a While

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I love 7 Geese. Great opportunity to link socially with my co workers and keeps the CEO in the loop with everyone.

Pros

The best thing i like about 7Geese is the way it keeps you engaged, he reminders to come check in, the ease of being able to see what others are up to at your job and lastly being able to update, advise and capture your portfolio by your own initiatives.

Cons

What i liked least is not having a multiple choice option. Sometimes having the time to come up with your plans are an obstacle so it would be nice to have options that could be similar to others as a choice to use.

Jennifer S.

Fantastic tool to align and grow team

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

I love being able to see OKRs across the company, to be able to celebrate people's growth and achievements with comments and recognition, and to reflect together on opportunities with performance reviews and regular meeting templates. It's really transformed our company! I also really appreciate the customer success team's support and guidance. Great service.

Cons

Some of the KR measuring labels feel a little limiting. I wish there were more 1:1 recurrence options, and a way to consolidate recognition posts, visually, when recognizing several people for the same thing. I wish all of my little typo changes or adjustments to my OKRs didn't populate the feed, but that's no biggie. Overall I'm a big fan!

Anne S.

Terrific organization

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I started using it with my new company who uses it, I wish I had had this years ago!

Pros

I love the 1:1 templates and recognition portions. Easy to use and can be implemented into our Slack.

Cons

Unable to start a 1:1 after the time. Example, if I have a 1:1 scheduled at 2pm and it's running late, I then need to reschedule for 215, etc.

Ana R.

7geese in my current role

It was very good.
But, as a company it got to a point where we had very few users.

Pros

- 1 on 1s
- Recognition
- the feature where you are able to ask for feedback
- the weekly reminders on tracking the OKRs

Cons

- the part of adding yourself to other objectives
- it was not very user friendly at the beginning of using the 1 on 1 feature, I made a mistake the first time that could have turned into a real problem with a privacy setting
- that the service never got to a point that we were able to use it for our 360 Assessment (some custom needs)

Decent Performance Management for SMB

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

We have better-targeted goals, peer recognition, and awareness across the organization. But there is always room for improvement.

Pros

The interface was pretty easy to use. Adding and reporting on objectives was pretty good.
The company wide status updates were wonderful to see and I enjoyed peer recognition.

Cons

Seems like some good practices should be accompanied by the software. We often don't leverage full potential. They have weekly reminders to check in, but seems very low touch and could probably add integrations for managers to better check on status or schedule meetings. I'm not particularly happy with the peer recognition text editor.

The Best Feedback System I've Used

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Unlike other programs I've used, 7 Geese allows you to easily give unsolicited feedback messages and request feedback at the end of key projects and initiatives. Because of the timeliness granted by the system, feedback can be used in real time.

Cons

There were minor usability issues that confused me when I tried to do certain actions, and the goals and objectives section, while good in theory, are difficult to use on a regular basis.

Amazing for Long Term Goal Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

It's very easy to use and track progress on long term individual, team, and company goals. It also reminds the team to check in weekly and update their progress!

I also really enjoy the ability to recognize team members for their accomplishments and add badges that reflect company culture.

Cons

Deadlines are a bit of an afterthought since they're easily tracked in ticketing and PM software.

Ricardo V.

Easy goals tracker

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

You can establish your goals in an easy way.
You can do easy feedback for you and your team.

Cons

I don't have cons related to the use of 7Geese. it's great software and we are happy with the features.

Rich Functionality Could Be a Little More So

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Fantastic - my organization uses it for everything except for Recognition (we now use YourEarnedIt). It's great to be able to keep track of my progress towards the goals set for me and it's cool to see (albeit usually at the end of the year) how these roll up the organization.

Pros

Love the check-in feature. Like being able to keep a formal record of meetings with my supervisor via the 1-on-1 feature. When my org used Recognition I loved using it as well!

Cons

Terrible Android application. Need to be able to upload attachments to check-ins. Needs a slack integration for check-ins and not just recognized.

Steven B.

Great App - Very Intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Creating transparency and alignment for our entire organization!

Pros

It's very easy to use and track progress on long term individual, team, and company goals. It also reminds the team to check in weekly and update their progress... The interface is very intuitive and easy to use and navigate. The check in app is awesoem and allows everytone to stay on task with transaparecy to reach our desired outcomes.

Cons

The workflow on creating objectives requires a little bit more time and effort than I would like... But overall great app all around!

Nick G.

7Geese to track goals

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We have weekly 7Geese announcements for those who were outstanding during the week in regards to our organizations goals.

Pros

I really like how my organization uses 7Geese to shout out employees who have stood out during the week.

Cons

I dislike the layout and appearance of this software.

Chris L.

7Geese

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

My overall experience has been good as it's nice to know where I'm on track and what I need to work on.

Pros

We like this because it keeps us updated on how everyone is doing with their duties and their progress.

Cons

Not much to say about any Cons. Sometimes could be the notifications that can be off.

Karen H.

Good for company goals setting

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/01

7Geese is a starter tool for companies who want to change their organization's culture and to make everyone accountable of their actions and efforts.

Pros

7Geese is great for recording company, departmental and individual goals and it tracks whether the individual has met them so that by quarterly or annual employee reviews, there are no surprises. If the employee is behind, he/she will know where they are behind and be proactive about it.

Cons

It's confusing when individuals are trying to connect their goals to team, departmental and company goals because there are goals from other departments that one can view and mistakenly tags their individual goals to other teams (ie. Sales, Marketing, Customer Success). Although it's understood why one can see other people's goals for transparency reasons.

Namrata K.

7Geese Review

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

It has been limited but good so far.

Pros

The ease of use and the look of it. The way it shows how much percentage of your goals have been completed in the form of Geese flying is nice. The recognition feature is also good and that a weekly notification about them goes to everyone in the organisation can be motivating for those who get recognized.

Cons

I would like if it is integrated with training features based on the goals of an employee. Perhaps the manager can assign specific training course or video that is directly associated with a new goal. Additionally you can integrate HR features to it such as compensation, tax, salary slips, etc so its a one-stop shop for any company's personnel needs.

Kelsie K.

7Geese is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It has been a great product and offers outstanding customer service.

Pros

It is a very user friendly product. It is easy for employees and administrators yet not loosing essential functions for review process, OKR tracking, reward, feedback, and 1:1.

Cons

The fonts are very small. There are many learning bytes but I wish there is a simple tutorial also.

Best feedback tool out there

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

7Geese let us, as a company, to effectively track our 1-on-1's, plan our internal performance evaluations and let us know our personal OKR's.
The intuitive interface (that also works on mobile) and the easiness of use are traits that made us choose this tool.

Cons

Could have a better FAQ with information about OKR's and so on.

Camille K.

Performance Enhancing

Reviewed on 2019/01/26

Allows me to see what I need to do, and what steps I need to take to get there.

Pros

Great way to keep track of goals and set expectations for yourself and your company.

Cons

Nothing! There's so many different ways you can track your goals and it the interface is very interactive and user friendly.

Caitlin S.

7 Geese has helped me track my professional progress and recognize team members

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/12/19

This allows me to have some visibility into the company as a whole and see how as an individual I am progressing, but it also allows me to align my goals to those within my same department.

Pros

The ability to recognize my team members with ease so that they can get the recognition and visibility they deserve when they have worked hard on their professional growth.

Cons

I find that creating objectives can be at times a bit cumbersome. I believe that the workflow could be a bit more user friendly.

Garrett J.

7Geese User Interface

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It was really good. It helped me track my progress so that I could have a reference on what my year looked like when I went to do my year-end review.

Pros

I enjoy the UI, I find it very easy to navigate and enjoyable to use.

Cons

I didn't like all of the emails that the system sent to me.

Thomas A.

Great for monitoring goals around the company

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I was able to effectively manage goals through this tool with employees, management and HR.

Pros

I liked how I could see other teams goals and tailor my communication to be more effective.

Cons

Sometimes it was cumbersome creating a new goal.