7Geese

Leading OKR, Performance Management & Career Management tool

Alisha B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent for strategic alignment in a global context

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

The team at 7Geese go above and beyond. If I have any ideas around initiatives I want to implement within our business from a People perspective, they are more than willing to share their ideas and expertise. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are great partners that work collaboratively to support our business.

Pros

7Geese is excellent for ensuring strategic alignment of our global objectives across QS. We have a large, global team and so it's important that we're all heading in the same direction as a business. The recognition feature is also excellent for giving kudos to a team member anywhere in the world. Particularly while we are all workng remotely, being able to say thanks is fantastic. The onboarding experience with 7Geese was fantastic - their team are absolute professionals and clearly passionate about what they do. They had plenty of simple training resources, and the team to support us in making sure our implementation was a success. After using the product for over a year, we were able to roll the technology out to our global organisation due to the success of our Business Unit in using the platform.

Cons

The product keeps getting better and better, and the 7Geese team take on board new ideas in their development roadmap. One thing I would like to see is the ability to have multiple managers for one person (as we work in a matrix structured organisation). Other than that, I think the platform is fantastic.

Amy C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

AU - UNiDAYS

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Fantastic. Our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. Very responsive and no question or request is too silly or too hard. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

I love this product. I love that it makes performance management super transparent and is an easy to use from an admin but also user point of view.

I like that the objectives align into each other (personal, departmental and then overall business objectives), this allows purpose to be shown for each objective.

I would be keen to use the OKRs model eventually but our business is not currently in that place right now.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything that is frustrating with the system. Unlike other HR platforms we use, I can honestly say 7Geese has been super easy to use and maintain as an admin.

Perhaps in the longer term this could be build out further to support onboarding , training and other key stages within an employee life cycle. Like a one-stop-shop.

Dave T.

It is exactly what we wanted

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Nice people and terrific to work with. Truly 6 out of 5 stars.

Pros

When we went looking for a system to track our OKRs internally, we defined what we wanted, then went and looked. 7 Geese matched our requirements so closely that at first we dove in checking against it because nothing matches what you want that close.

But it did match. And in use we've found that it's works smoothly and gives us what we want, without adding much more to it. It's one of the very few products I give a 10 to. And one of only three products that I have told them I'm willing to be a reference for them.

Cons

It doesn't handle well have OKRs for both the year (company OKRs) and quarterly (department & individual). You have to move back and forth for that case. There's also a couple more complex settings I wish they could do for Key Results, but it's probably for the best they don't - because if they do my 2 weird ones, they'll do 20 other weird ones, and then it's a mess.

Wieslaw S.

OKRs, feedback and more

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

7geese helps us to make things done - from key company initiatives to individual development objectives.

Pros

It is easy to use and enables full transparency of goalsetting - with a minimum effort, using the "alignment" view one has an overview of all the key organizational objectives, initiatives and the contribution of individuals. I like the idea of integrating development and performance features in one platform - that make it ideal tool for leader to plan and support the growth of his/ her team.

Cons

There is a space for improvement as far as reporting is concerned. That is a matter of time, having in mind the development of this software in the last 2 years.

Caitlin C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Infrequent use

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

When used, it is a great tool for team members and myself to think intentionally about what we want to accomplish each quarter. As a sales team, it's easy to get tunnel vision on the numbers, and 7Geese helps encourage us to think about our goals outside of just revenue and retention.

Cons

On the flipside of the pros, it has been difficult to fully integrate in Customer Success. While ideally we would want to consistently use it every quarter, we push it at the beginning of the year, and then don't keep with it throughout the year. We haven't found the right way to use it on the sales side of PitchBook.

Dimitris T.

User Review

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Nice experience We use it for 360 feedback and performance management

Pros

Easy to use Intuitive Ability to set up multiple templates Ability to view easily history

Cons

Seamless integration for planning meetings with calendars (find free slots)
Reports automated eg performance curves from the tool

Tatyana I.

Useful software

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Overall experience is very good, useful software

Pros

7 geese is easy to use, combines a lot of functionalities necessary for managing people: 1x1s, objectives, check ins. This is very convenient to have everything you need at one place.

Cons

The latest update with the new navigation does not seem convenient, probably this is because it was just launched and I need some time to use it.

Steven B.

Great App - Very Intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Creating transparency and alignment for our entire organization!

Pros

It's very easy to use and track progress on long term individual, team, and company goals. It also reminds the team to check in weekly and update their progress... The interface is very intuitive and easy to use and navigate. The check in app is awesoem and allows everytone to stay on task with transaparecy to reach our desired outcomes.

Cons

The workflow on creating objectives requires a little bit more time and effort than I would like... But overall great app all around!

Cristiana S.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product to keep your objectives in track. Plus, it has many more uses.

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

7Geese is a great allied. Special now that we are still working remotely. It makes it easier to connect with others objectives and gives a sense of belonging.

Pros

I like the fact that we can connect our own personal objectives with the organization's objectives. It gives me a sense of working towards something bigger. Moreover, the different features it also offers, 360-degree feedback, recognition center, survey maker is a game-changer. The feedback feature also makes it very easy to request (anonymous) feedback from peers.

The recent look and feel update was also a good improvement.

Cons

Until this moment, I haven't found anything that I like less about 7Geese.

My Experience with 7geese

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

An awesome platform/tool necessary for work/departmental goals and objectives.

Pros

It helps in tracking one's daily/weekly/monthly progress on work objectives.
Also, the recognition feature makes it an awesome feel to appreciate fellow colleagues.
The feedback feature is a great feature. Helps in knowing the strength and weakeness of colleagues and how one can adjust to other people's perspective.

Cons

For now, the features are very ok and yet to see a need for an additional feature.

Ron Z.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

7-Geese Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Able to see our Objectives in one location and how each department and personal objectives align with corporate.

Pros

I like its simplicity and easy to use. The navigation is fine too.

Cons

The check-in feature. 7Geese is flexible with all other areas except for check-ins. Also, when you are in the Objectives screen, once you click on one objective, you cannot go back to the previous screen.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Great!

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

Pros

Easy to use and great for getting feedback.

Cons

Sometimes when checking in, if there's no progress that was made it says you didn't check in.

Delyan Y.

Happy to have 7Geese!

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

I enjoy visiting it and updating my progress. Personal improvement is important.

Pros

Easy login authentication. Handsome Dashboard. Notifications are as they should be. Interface - wonderful.
Functionality - perfect. Interactive. User friendly. High visibility.

It is great!

Cons

The only thing I can say as a con is that the templates for requesting feedback were (at least for my team) not clear enough.

Response from 7Geese

Thanks so much for your feedback, we're quite happy with our new UI & UX as well :)

Sorry to hear you were having some troubles navigating Feedback. We've recently redesigned that feature and hope that it helps solve the issue for you and your team. Here's some resources that walks you through the section. If this doesn't help please reach out and we can assist you further!

Henna M.

Best Performance measurement tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

It is amazing I like it from the day i was introduced to this.

Pros

I like it because it is very convenient. It do not take undue time of the busy employee which helps oneself to focus better on the actual work that an employee is hired to perform. It is better than the performance measurement tools that i have used in my previous company.

Cons

So far there is nothing that i do not like about it.

Garrett J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

7Geese User Interface

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It was really good. It helped me track my progress so that I could have a reference on what my year looked like when I went to do my year-end review.

Pros

I enjoy the UI, I find it very easy to navigate and enjoyable to use.

Cons

I didn't like all of the emails that the system sent to me.

Tomas B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One of the most powerful performance management solutions I have used

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

I would highly recommend this software to any colleagues that are pursuing higher levels of engagement and performance. It has been a great breath of fresh air, and an outstanding experience, so far.

Pros

Since I joined CCD, I have been able to use 7Geese to track my department and my own performance, driving significant levels of accountability and commitment. I have mentioned to other colleagues that if I knew this type of solution were available, I would have used them much earlier in my career.

Cons

The only opportunity I have found with this solution was the onboarding process. Sometimes it seemed confusing, getting to some of the modules, but, after a couple of sessions, the confusion immediately went away.

Good for tracking your performance and org progress

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Pros

The transparency which is needed to know how everyone in the organization is progressing. It enables me to mention my status progress and also highlight if there are any issues.

Cons

Nothing much as of now. I have been using it for more than 6 months now.

Ivan H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good service

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Pros

Easy to use. A lot of things which are helpful to work.

Cons

The last update, it was difficult to get used to it.

Quatrece M.

New to 7Geese

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

I really like the software.

Pros

One of the first experiences I had with 7 Geese was completing staff yearly performances through the system. I liked the way questions were formulated and the employees were allowed to provide feedback directly in the system.

Tracking goals are motivating and I like the visual

Cons

Setting up monthly alignments. I may not have my goals set up correctly.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

7 Geese: Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I used a lot of software over the years and this one you can essential use right off the bat with little training.

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

The recognition part of it, could be a little easier.

Augustas A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A necessary tool for employee performance management

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

Pros

I love how custom the forms for both 360 feedback as well as surveys can be. There was never a time where I could not find a way to customize them to my needs.

Cons

This may be a problem with my own knowledge of OKRs, but some kind of guidance from 7Geese perspective of what they could look like, with certain reminders or assistance in tracking them could help use them to better effect.

Alexandra D.

Improves transparency, consistency and, ultimately, culture!

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

The ideal experience. They are responsive, receptive and engaging. They are always looking for ways to improve and engaging with me on new features to provide them feedback. Super happy their tool was the one we picked for our organization.

Pros

- Keeps our leaders on track to have consistent conversations that are well documented
- Asks for both parties to provide notes which is helpful to ensure we have a full capture of how a meeting went and what was discussed
- Reviews process is great for Annual Reviews - makes it so much easier
- Feedback function we use ALL THE TIME for surveys and anonymous feedback

Cons

There are some opportunities for improvement in a few functions, but 7Geese has been super responsive on my feedback and is actively working to continually improve their software

Anne K.

Great tool for managing OKRs, 1/1's, team feedback

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Overall - great - use it daily and track a lot of my people related things in 7Geese.

Pros

7Geese is a great solution for many things - particularly managing OKR's which is what was our driving motivation in moving from another provider to 7Geese. There are a few items which would make reporting easier, but for the most part, the OKR process is really easy and very dynamic and functional.

I also manage my 1/1 agendas through 7Geese and this is generally a pretty straightforward way of having both manager and staff person easily keep track of items to be discussed and notes during the meeting.

You can use a variety of pre-populated templates for feedback, or create your own. I use this function for a weekly update from my team. The main thing I wish for here is that it be able to be scheduled to go out with reminders when people haven't completed, but otherwise, this is also a great tool to get feedback and be able to respond within the platform.

Reviews are a bit clunky, but this process has improved a lot in the last year. Since we like to do 360's, it can be hard as this functionality doesn't exist and you have to use a combination of review forms and/or feedback forms to complete.

Support team responsiveness is great. Training videos are helpful. Overall, really love using 7Geese.

Cons

As noted above - reviews are clunky without an easy way to do 360's.

Tim H.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Easy peasy

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Pros

It was real easy to set up and the way it handles all the updates for you is awesome. We used to do how OKR's on word and 7 geese is so much better. The look of the site is great. I am sure there is so much more to the program that I haven't discovered yet. I like how it keeps everything in line and organized. The weekly reminders are a life saver.

Cons

As of now I can not think of any things that I don't like about the software. I think our company made a great decision to switch to 7Geese

Kalil D.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Excellent Product - Great Integration

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Excellent! Love the product.

Pros

The features, 1-1, OKRs, and Annual Review. all tie together so nicely!

Cons

I think pricing for larger org makes it expensive. Wish it were a little cheaper, and I would add more users.