TextMagic

Bulk text-messaging service for businesses

Judi S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Necessary & Unnecessary features

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Not getting notifications that a message wasn't delivered is a detriment to Text Magic and my ability to do my job effectively. Our text message program with our customer base is pivotal to success within my company so it's vital to know if messages are reaching my customers.

Pros

Ease of setting up and using templates!!

Cons

Unnecessary feature - The email notifications that someone unsubscribed to your messages. If I get a text that says "STOP" from the person sending it, then I don't need an email telling me that they sent a message saying STOP. It's redundant & unnecessary.

Necessary/needed feature - You really need to develop an email notification when a text message is undelivered. I've sent several messages that were undelivered and I only discovered that they weren't delivered when I checked my history for a completely different message.

Response from TextMagic

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We highly value our customers and their feedback.

We are sorry to hear that our unsubscribed recipient notification is not useful for you. For your information, all email notifications can be modified under your account settings. To improve this feature, we will add the "Unsubscribe" option to our sent notification email so that you can turn off this notification with a single click.

Unfortunately, we do not send an email for each failed message due to limited server resources. We recommend that you keep track of the delivery rate via TextMagic Web App by checking the message status in History or checking the overview under Reporting. You can also enable a notification to receive a daily report of your messaging statistics and go to your message history with a single click.

Should you have any delivery issues in the future, please do not hesitate to email us: [email protected]

Catalin F.

It Just Works (TM)

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

I run a website that grew from a personal hobby to 3 million monthly users. I have monitoring scripts that use TextMagic to send me text messages whenever something unexpected happens. In addition, I have a home server running all kinds of smaller pet projects that also send out text messages on certain conditions. TextMagic works flawlessly every single time. In two years, I never once had a SMS fail to go out.

I couldn't say if they are expensive or not. To be honest, I never had reason to shop around after day 1. I also never needed customer support, but that in itself deserves five stars in my book. :-)

Pros

It does one thing and does it flawlessly.

• Industry: Consumer Services

LOVE LOVE LOVE this program

Reviewed on 2018/09/15

Pros

This program was found by accident through a google search. Try the free phone number lookup for the customers cell vendor. Then I was able to use the composing text messages for customer that did not have a voice mail set up or not accepting calls.

Cons

The whole program is paid for but only .04 cent a look up.

Shiv D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Awesome

Reviewed on 2017/07/03

Easy way of sending out communications to certain suppliers with them knowing who exactly its from and also sending our details to customers

Pros

Very easy to use, impresses customers when they receive the text messages. Easy to store contacts and seperate into groups. Also really like being able to save templates to save time when sending similar texts to multiple contacts

Cons

It comes at a cost to setup a reply service where you can communicate with customers, would be great to be able to receive responses for free or within the credits

Response from TextMagic

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to let you know that incoming messages are always free for you. You are sending messages from a sender ID (your business name), and this is why no one is able to reply to you. If you need a two-way SMS service, you should send messages from our shared or dedicated number.

I recommend you to contact our support line, if you have any questions.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy integration with standard email software

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

This is useful to remind clients of appointments and to contact clients when their phone is engaged or out of reach. I prefer this to leaving voicemail messages because I can keep a record of the client contact and what was said. I confess personally I will check sms messages quicker than voicemail myself!

Pros

Very easy to set up and use for all our staff with emails under our business domain. Works without needing any input from IT support team. Took me about 15 minutes to set up. Now we can send and receive sms message from our individual email accounts.

Cons

nothing - the form here did not allow me to leave it blank!

Jeff N.

Thank you Text Magic!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

We are a property management company and our monthly rent collection and arrears is quickly resolved by texting our tenants! we have have seen a 75% increase in arrears collection when switching to text. Thanks Text Magic!

Pros

It just works and the ability to use templates makes our day to day process much faster.

Cons

nothing , whats not to like, the software works exactly how we want it to.

Julian P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Valuable part of our business

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

We offer customers the ability to text us for quick answers. We text customers if we have a mobile no. (with delivery info). Means no chance of our delivery instructions going to Spam.

Pros

Easy to use. Reasonably priced. Just works. Has an app so we can answer wherever.

Cons

No cons at all it all just works as it should work.

Ellie W.

Seamless integration & excellent support team

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

Seamless integration & excellent support team. We have used it for more than 2 years now & it has never let us down.

Tatyana D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A very cost-effective mass text solution

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Pros

We use TextMagic to organize sales and sale follow up campaigns .It is really easy to set up and you get a lot for the cheap price you pay.

Cons

I would love if a feature for it to be integrated with different CRMs was available .It would make the process that much easier .

Response from TextMagic

Thank you for your feedback. Please send us an email to [email protected] with more information about the CRM software you would like to be integrated with TextMagic.

Please kindly note that TextMagic can be easily integrated with the most popular CRM software using Zapier. It is very simple to set it up too.
You can read more about it here: https://www.textmagic.com/zapier-sms-integrations/

Please let us know if you need help with the setup.

• Industry: Telecommunications

A complete package for SMS marketing

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

It has made the SMS marketing service easy and handy for my organisation.

Pros

From sending timely notifications to conducting a mass promotion Textmagic is all you need for your SMS needs. It has a very user friendly interface that helps to push text messages to client, customer or employee on time everytime.

Cons

It requires a notification service that would inform about the failed deliveries which would further be helpful in eliminating those numbers while conducting another SMS blast

Response from TextMagic

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We highly value our customers and their feedback.
Our auto-unsubscribe feature allows you to make sure that your messages to a certain contact will be rejected after a specific number of failed attempts.
To set this up, please do the following:
- Go to your Unsubscribers list: https://my.textmagic.com/online/contacts/list/unsubscribers
- Click 'Settings'
- In the Auto-Recharge field, select 'enabled'
- From there, choose after how many failed SMS attempts the number will be unsubscribed automatically
- Click 'Save'

Should you have any further questions, please contact [email protected]

John E.

Fantastic Experience

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

I am connecting with the US leads through TextMagic, but if I have leads anywhere I could send to them anywhere!

Pros

It is so easy to use, everything is so easy to use.

Cons

This is a difficult question! But must be that it cost money to send texts!

Tero M.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Getting started was very easy, and after a few trials and errors we got our systems up and...

Reviewed on 2017/06/01

Before we had no system to send SMS messages and we didn't want to invest into purchasing an SMS system. Buying the service from external Company was what we were looking for and we got it via LetmeSMS. Now we get information from production related problems or even from our fire alarm system redusing possible downtime or accidents.

Pros

After initial setup, it is basically maintenance free. The automatic top up is great too to make sure you don't run out of funds. Complete History with message information and the monthly total of sent messages is great

Dyll D.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Text Magic - how useful

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Text Magic certainly helps me follow up emails to prospective clients and tends to elicit responses where emails sometimes don't or where a spam filter has intervened. So a good back up to email marketing. I'm am glad we have it.

Pros

It's easy to use and pretty intuitive. Relatuvely good value too.

Cons

The upload function for contacts could do with some tweaking as although ostensibly you can cut and paste contacts this function does not work. Or at least didn't when I tried to use it a few months ago. Instead you have to upload a .csv or .xls file. Not a big deal but . . .

Sue P.

Excellent - Couldn't manage without it now

Reviewed on 2016/01/05

I work in serviced offices on main reception. We have over 100 offices rented out to different companies. Before TextMagic, I was running around delivering parcels that were coming in every half hour. Now I text the company and they come and collect! Its a lot easier on my legs. I also do a telephone answering service. All messages are texted through to my clients and it tells me when the message is accepted or not (as the case may be) which is brilliant. Can't live without TextMagic and its all done from the main computer. So easy. Thank you!

Valsakumar p. M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

My experience with TextMagic

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We are a training company and we need to keep in touch with our training participants before the training by sending them reminders about date, time, venue and other instructions. I do it through TextMagic and it helps us a lot towards making good customer service happen.

Pros

Easy to use. Very convenient way to give information to my customers.

Cons

Nothing actually. I am fine with everything.

Valerio P.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

We have used this software to send notifications via API to our clients every time they make a transaction in our services. Except for some sms that have not arrived, the software worked well. Although I can not deny that we are evaluating other services to verify if the problem is from TextMagic or the recipients.

Pros

This is a Sms sending service that works very well. It has several options of a lot of help such as the APIs, the possibility of sending an email that becomes an SMS, two-way SMS chat; in short, everything you may need.

Cons

I currently need to send messages to the Dominican Republic. The prices of the sms compared to other services can be a bit high. Additionally I have had problems to reach all operators, apparently it is a problem with the number portability of this country. In the US it has worked very well for me.

Blair B.

Sailing Club berth booking

Reviewed on 2016/01/01

We have a small marina of some 200 boats with another 40 or so on remote moorings in the harbour. We use the text service two way for members to book and release the moorings. It's very simple and we picked TextMagic because of the ease of use. The help service is very responsive and effective. Knowledgeable staff.

Rob W.

Outstanding product

Reviewed on 2016/02/07

Absolutely superb! Running a small business I appreciate a good product made better by simplicity of use. On the one occasion I needed to speak to someone they could not have been more helpful. I wholeheartedly & unreservedly recommend Text magic. Excellent value too!

Francesco B.

Excellent SMS service & API

Reviewed on 2016/04/22

Excellent service, easy to use API.

I particularly appreciate that the SMS credit you buy does not expire.

That's really good if you have peaks of usage with long intervals, you needn't worry about losing your credit inbetween campaigns!

Deb G.

Very useful Business APP

Reviewed on 2016/04/28

We having been using TextMagic for over 10 years and would not want to be without it. Communicating with our technicians and also customers. Very easy to use. Highly recommended.

Marie M.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2016/11/01

Never any issues with this service. Great remembers for my tourism bookings. I get texts to my phone when away from my desk so never miss a booking!

Anne A.

Great Texting System

Reviewed on 2016/04/05

Text Magic was easy to set up, reasonably priced, and has saved us time and money when having to contact our volunteers at short notice to cancel a session.

Stephanie J.

Excellent service - never miss a booking!

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

I have nothing but praise for TextMagic. Extremely effective, cost efficient way of knowing exactly when a guest has made a booking.

Jay H.

So far so good.

Reviewed on 2015/12/29

The web interface is easy to use and works great. I'm looking forward to a potential iOS app to use for chat in the near future though.

Enric B.

Reviewed on 2015/12/21

After evaluation of several alternatives for our sms services we found that TextMagic offered us the simplest and cost effective solution.