Boardable

Affordable nonprofit board management software. Start free!

Kristin J.

Boardable is a great product for organizing our team

Reviewed on 2020/10/16

So far so good; overall we are liking it.

Pros

This software helps keep our busy team organized on the board and the various committees they each work on. It's great for organizing meetings, and assigning tasks to the members of the team.

Cons

The biggest con for us it that you cannot have additional controls within the administrative role. So, for example the junior staff administrators can see all confidential materials (financials, HR-related discussions) that the senior administration needs access to. The only way to avoid this is to not make them an administrator, but it means the CEO is then busy with some of the administrative tasks (adding/removing people and creating groups) that would best be assigned to a more junior administrator.

Response from Board Management Software

Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to hear that Boardable is keeping your busy team organized and that you like the tool. We would love to hear more about your experience with groups so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience. Please reach out to [email protected] with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our business!

Carol S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

It has streamlined our board communications and document storage in one convenient place for...

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

I love this software; it has eliminated the need for dozens of emails before a board meeting. It is only a little over a year old, so they are still perfecting it and are very responsive to questions, requests for help and are open to users requests for changes in the way they do things.

Pros

The ability to announce meetings of any kind, attach all documents in the board packet to the meeting and giving the board the ability to respond if they will attend.
Can create multiple committee folders in the Document Center
Can limit accessibility to some folders
Has a People Directory for your board and can add photos and personal information
Can download from your hard drive, Dropbox. Google Drive, and One Drive to a meeting
Unlimited storage capacity

Cons

So far can attach only one document at a time; they are changing this to multiple document attachments
If a document is attached to a meeting and you want to store it in the Document Center, you can't. You have to attach it again.
Can only download from your computer to the Document Center, not the cloud drives.
Limit of 20 users.

Mechele H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great product for all levels of users!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Overall, Boardable has been a great asset to our organization in helping to streamline communications. No regrets!

Pros

This product has streamlined not only our board meetings and materials, but across the organization it has become a tool for internal meeting groups. The best thing about Boardable is that it is super user friendly no matter what the technology comfort level might be. Also, with a larger board, this product has made ease of access to information readily available without having to search through multiple files or reach out to request information.

Cons

There really is not a significant con as Boardable is always enhancing or bringing on new features.

Response from Board Management Software

Mechele, thank you so much for your review! We really value having you and WFYI as Boardable customers. Jeb Banner, CEO

Max S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Beautifully thought-out software

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

From the sales process to Tech Support/Customer Service, they have been fantastic.

Pros

We have been using Boardable for a year now. It is incredibly easy to use, and has a clean, uncluttered interface. When our CEO started using it to create meetings, agendas, and documents, I expected a lot of questions to help her through the process. Instead, she immediately was able to use it without help. It's that intuitive. Almost all of our board members signed up right away; they are now able to see meeting documents *before* they show up at the meeting. The phone app is still new, but so far I'm very impressed.

Cons

No complaints. Boardable does not have all the bells and whistles of some of their competition, but we're a local not-for-profit. We don't need those features (nor do we wish to pay for them).

Shirley W.

A good product for the money.

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Overall, it is a good product.

Pros

The ability to have a file sharing platform for employees working remotely.

Cons

Improvements are constantly being made, which is great, but users are not given the option to turn some things on and off. If you don't like something, you are told there is no way for you to opt out of using it.

Jim R.
  • Industry: Music

An invaluable tool for 2020 and beyond

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

Boardable has been invaluable to Musical Family Tree. Since COVID started we have operated all virtually and I honestly don't know how we could have done it without Boardable. It has allowed us to integrate new board members, and continue functioning without a physical space.

Pros

Being able to have all of our documents and processes in one place has been fantastic. Having a shared calendar and address list is very helpful.

Cons

We tried the video conferencing and it didn't work as well as some other software available online.

Response from Board Management Software

Thanks, Jim! We love having you as a customer! I can't wait for you to try to soon to be released video conference tool. It's light years ahead of our current release and really leaves Zoom in the dust! - Jeb

Kate S.

Love having our Board documents, reports, minutes, attendance all organized in one place!

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Pros

It's brilliant to create a central place for all board members to have access to everything they need to be a successful and active part of any board. The platform also provide a great way for boards to communicate without drowning in the email ocean.

Cons

As a nonprofit, we are frugal with our well earned dollars. Although, I see great benefits to using Boardable, this is an added expense for our organization.

Michael L.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Awesome experience with customer reps to date!

Pros

Very easy to use and the functionality is top-notch. Cost is very affordable for the functionality you are receiving.

Cons

I wish there was some type of evaluation tools for the Board.

Response from Board Management Software

Michael, thank you for your review and suggestion as we are always looking for ways to improve our platform. We are happy to hear Boardable is user friendly and affordable.

Danielle S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Boardable has greatly improved the way I work with my Board of Directors

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

The most impactful thing this software has allowed me to do is mobilize my board members more effectively to make faster and more well-informed decisions.

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep my core members informed. I also love that I can segment them based on committee's or initiatives to keep the 'lines clear' on only information pertinant to what they're involved in.

Cons

The company is still young; I would love to have better API integrations but I'm sure those are in the development pipeline.

Joe C.

Simple, affordable and does what it needs to without the high price point. Great for small...

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Single online portal that is accessible to all our board members. Centralized storage and documentation center as well as discussion board. Integrated calendar and polls work well to keep all members connected in between meetings. And everything has permissions settings to allow/ disallow access to pretty much anything you like.

Pros

It's simplicity. Very easy to use and has a quick learning curve. Tech support has been very responsive to any questions or requests. Was able to get out working and all our board members online in less than 10 mins. They offer a free trial which makes this choice a no brainer.

Cons

It is a little limited on a few, just a few, features compared to some other really higher prices choices. But they are continuously making changes and adding upgraded features. This was the only reason I didn't give the features 5 stars as it wasn't the perfect solution (for our needs) , but hey, nothing is ever perfect. Extremely close though and wouldn't really consider this a con.

Sandy P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

really good

Pros

This was very easy to set up and use when we need to. I also liked that I could send private documents recently to a select group. Normally they are handed out in person but since COVID there haven't been any in person meetings.

Cons

Limited number of users for the cost of the product each month. would like maybe 10-15 more users without the cost going up.

Jamie B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Love it!

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Great experience!

Pros

This is the least expensive Board Management system that I saw with all the bells & whistles! There are even lots of YouTube videos available for training. I also love that I get my own success manager. 5 stars from me!!!

Cons

I do not know of any missing features. I’m new to the product.

Response from Board Management Software

Jamie, thank you so much for the review. We are happy to provide you with all the tools to succeed, including a success manager. (Leslie from Boardable)

Jennie G.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Streamlining our Board processes to become more efficient!

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

We are trying to streamline processes, procedures, and make our Board documents and meeting dates more accessible.

Pros

It is pretty intuitive and user-friendly.

Cons

I haven't used the product long enough to find out if there is anything I don't like.

Response from Board Management Software

Jennie, thank you so much for this review! We are happy to hear our platform is intuitive and user-friendly!

Stephanie j. S.

Super user-friendly and cost effective

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

Provides a secure environment for my Board Members to access documents and information. Love that we can do polls as well to determine a meeting quorum.

Cons

I don't get an email copy of a message I send to the group. I also don't like that I have to upload my documents in the document center before I can attach them to my meeting invitation.

Samantha J.

I use it as a board member of a small non profit

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

Pros

It keeps all of our information in the same place and links to our email. I like that the support staff can set our meetings in there and push them out to us via email and attach the meeting agendas

Cons

Not sure...I haven't found many. I guess I hate remembering so many passwords so signing in all the time kind of stinks.

Adriana A.

Board Organization Made Easy

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

The customer service is amazing and they are responsive to questions and support.

Pros

I liked that it's so easy to use and onboarding the software was very easy and quick.

Cons

I would love for the portal to offer annual board governance reminders and integrations like annual disclosures, etc.

Response from Board Management Software

Adriana, thank you for your review! Thank you for your suggestion as we love hearing how we can improve our platform. It's always wonderful to hear that Boardable is user friendly, and that on boarding is seamless.

Tim T.

Easy set up. Having a few glitches

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

Easy to use and customize. I like that it links with other calendars but the link is not obvious to many users.

Cons

Support is weak. Staff have issues not being resolved. Set up for Board was easy but more than 30% did not recognize the need to complete and set up a password. resulted in multiple requests to complete

Response from Board Management Software

Hi Tim, thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback around support and log in issues. We are working this week to improve both of those experiences, look for updates soon. If you would like us to provide a demo of Boardable during a board meeting to answer questions and show all its functionality, we would be happy to set up screenshare for that. Thank you, Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

Cheryl C.

Love the App

Reviewed on 2021/02/07

Pros

Love the fact that there is an app so I do not have to wait to until I am at a PC to respond to a message.

Cons

I feel like I need to be able to do more via the app but not quite sure what.

Response from Board Management Software

Thank you for your review Cheryl! We are happy to hear you are loving our app. We are currently working on adding more functions to our Boardable app. Stay tuned! (Leslie from Boardable)

Tracey H.

Excellent Customer Service and Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Overall, great! We are still learning to utilize it fully, but the customer service really is excellent. Thank you!

Pros

Customer service response time and advice/instruction is awesome!

Cons

Some glitches with calendar sync with some board members.

Response from Board Management Software

Tracey, thank you for this kind review. I'm so glad to hear you're having a positive experience with the Boardable platform. We're currently considering improvements to the calendar functionality and appreciate your feedback on that front. As you're learning the tool, you might find the Boardable Academy helpful to explore. https://boardable.com/academy/

Kainoa F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy and efficient

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Pros

The site is easy to navigate with relevant and effective features that help us make our meetings and operations very efficient. We especially like how you can stay organized with individual tasks, keep try of motions, and seamlessly communicate with one another through a single platform. The app is great as well.

Cons

So far, we have had a very enjoyable experience and do not have anything in particular in mind that needs improvement.

Julia A.

User friendly platform

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

Pros

We just started using the platform but it's easy to access and pretty straight forward. It offers a variety of tools that will serve handy in the future, in particular managing meetings (and finding a suitable date for all Directors), keeping all files in one place rather than keeping track of email chains, and the polling option to agree on resolutions.
Also, their customer service is great. Thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for keeping in touch and making sure we have all relevant information to move forward.

Cons

Haven't used it enough to make any suggestions but the video function was glitching. Nevertheless, The Boardable support team got in touch to get it sorted. It seems to take up a lot of memory space and makes everything else run slow.

Response from Board Management Software

Julia, thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to hear the platform is user friendly, and we were there to help when you needed it. We're excited to announce our video platform is now out of Beta testing, and should be running smoothly. If any questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Tina G.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Boardable is easy to use and customer service is 5 stars!!!

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

I love this software so much, this has made my job so much easier. Most of my employees upload their own documents!!

Pros

Creating groups, Calendar, meeting reminders, and uploading documents.

Cons

We had one board member having difficulties with the minutes.

Response from Board Management Software

Tina, thank you so much for your kind review. So nice to hear that Boardable is really making your job easier. Here to help with board training if needed. Samantha, Director of Customer Success.

Charles C.

Boardbale review

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

I have only been using Board -able 3+months and the team at Boardable has been very helpful while my team is navigating through this new system.

Pros

This is easy to use and that is important when not everybody on your board is tech savvy!

Cons

I think not allowing board member to motion and second during a meeting.

Response from Board Management Software

Charles, thank you for your feedback. We are considering additional improvements to our voting functionality and would love to connect. So happy to hear that you're finding Boardable easy to use! -Samantha (Director of Customer Success)

Marah B.

Effective Tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Boardable has helped our staff with keeping board documents organized, and our board members have appreciated having one place to find all of the information they need for upcoming board meetings. Boardable helps keep our staff and our board running smoothly.

Pros

Storage of board documents, ease of use for our board members and staff, customer support has been excellent.

Cons

Things we would change if possible - limiting the features our board members have access to in a more customized way (only 3 profile types to choose from that don't exactly match our needs); messaging feature is only available in the Pro version.

Response from Board Management Software

Thank you for your review, Marah. We love hearing all your suggestions and ideas for improvement. We're always happy to hear that Boardable is easy for all board members to use!

Thank you, Leslie from Boardable.

Albert F.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It's 4 AM in San Francisco, but work hours somewhere and the site seems to be down

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

Very accessible, easy to use. Site has been up five of the last six times I've tried to access the in the last couple of weeks.

Cons

Website is inaccessible; appears to be down but no way to tell. Fortunately, the Board Meeting is not later today and will have time to update. Board meetings are probably pretty important for you too, so it would be good to check on uptime statistics, especially in the time zones where you work, before moving relying on this platform.

Response from Jeb

Albert, thank you for your feedback. We recently launched a new website and did have some downtime. Although we did not log any product (app.boardable.com) downtime, our marketing website (boardable.com), which has a link to login to the product, was down for some time during the launch. We notified Boardable account owners in advance of the possible disruption but it appears the communication that went out wasn't sufficient. As such, we have reviewed our advance communication process. Thank you for your user experience feedback; it's highly valuable to us as we grow and improve our processes. Thank you for being a Boardable customer and I appreciate your kind words about its ease of use. Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable