PayrollPanda Reviews

4.6/5 (51 reviews)
Sandeep J.

Good Software but Lacking Some Features

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Its a great software but has really bugging limitations, if the company resolves these the growth for this would be explosive.

Pros

- Ease of Use
- Excellent Customer Service, Love that you can chat and get instant help
- Cloud Software so you can do use it from anywhere / anytime

Cons

The big shortfalls are:

1. There is no multi-user option, most softwares allow 3 to 5 users and being a single user software this is a let down.
2. Leave Management - there is no provision for replacement leave which is commonly practised by SMEs where business can be seasonal and we allow staff who worked on weekends and PH to take compensatory paid leave during slower months.
3. You have to pay in a traditional manner there is no credit card payment option or even an FPX option. Disappointing and inconvenient.
4. I feel this should be integrated with Hasil / iPerkeso etc so that all statutory filings can be automatically done and payment again by FPX etc be facilitated.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We're happy to let you know that FPX payment option is on the way. As for Hasil and Perkeso integration: Our software does provide the relevant txt files for each statutory body for simple upload and FPX payment, please reach out to us via the chat if you require assistance with this or if anything is still unclear - we're happy to help :)

7.0/10
Rizlan shah A.

Awesome Payroll Playform

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

I have been using it for almost 2 years for all 4 of my startup. It meets my payroll needs, complies to the statutory requirement and most importantly, its easy to use for both my HR and my staffs.

Pros

PayrollPanda is an Awesome platform. Feature is great, easy to use and most of all, great customer service!

Cons

None that i can find for now. It meet all my payroll needs.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Rizlan Shah,

Happy to hear that you love us and even more so that you are using PayrollPanda for all of your startups!
Whenever you need something from us, please know that we are here for you :)

Mariane N.

Best Payroll System Ever!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

payroll & leave application - good enough for me.

Pros

The interface is so modern yet minimalist. All front - line analyst have the highest customer service attitude.

Cons

Nil - love everything about it...actually maybe there's one - to be able to capture different subsidiaries in 1 company.

Titan C.

simple, easy to use & rich features

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

excellent

Pros

The payroll very comprehensive, user friendly

Cons

not mobile friendly. Possible to have mobile Apps version. Especially approve staff leave

Wasim I.

Payroll done in 20 minutes.!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Fantastic idea. Fantastic product. Really simplifies a complex piece of my business.

Pros

It clarifies an otherwise complex process and allows me to complete payroll sitting at my desk. Previously had to go to multiple offices monthly to make statutory payment. Take a ticket and wait in line. Often multiple visits.

Cons

Would be great if all payments could be made directly from PP software. Currently I have to download lots of files and visit 4 different unintuitive, quirky government websites in order to complete payments.

Sanjay T.

HR Solutions Made Simpler

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Takes the hassle of payroll management away, makes it simpler, and saves our time. We also save time by not having to create our own Payslips, and makes it easier to share this data with finance team as well as with our employees.

Pros

PayrollPanda has a great user interface. It makes the mundane job of payroll and employee management a lot more fun, and exciting. It also serves as a one stop point for most of the essentials in employee management. Payroll is well handled, as is employee leave management.

Cons

Customer service is not at its best. Cost is also steep for organisations with 2-3 employees.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks a lot for your review and the positive feedback. We are super sorry that you may have reached out to us on a busy day where our reply might have taken longer than expected. We always strive to be fast and efficient and apologise if we did not meet your expectations recently. As for our pricing, please note that we do have great discounts available for yearly billing and also have a referral program in place to help you save money.

6.0/10
Aiman K.

PayrollPanda is the most easy and reliable payroll software I've used so far.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/21

It has saved me from being into a lot of hassles!

Pros

Great customer support, they help and guide me whenever I have a question. It's also easy to use and good value for money. Furthermore it's easy to generate the statutory files for payment and it gives peace of mind that all is statutory compliant.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with Xero accounting software, this would help me save even more time.

Kong L.

User Review

Used Weekly for 1+ year

Happy user!!

Pros

Friendly and efficient HR matter portal, auto adjustment for salary payout in comply with the government rules.

Cons

Not able to keep the staff movement record such as salary and position/promotion history. Would appreciate if you could make this option available in future.

Nashveen S.

I Have been using this services since the inception of the software and so far it works well for me.

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

i am a partner in this software and as such i do get recommendation fees

Pros

i like the leave management system and also the software also is very UI friendly and easy to to set up.
Dont have to scratch your head trying to set up this as its very simple and easy. Furthermore the CS are very fast in repyling to us.

Cons

The only thing i considered as a weakness is the time its takes to complete the payroll. Since everything has been calculated upfront and the figures are already checked and balanced, i do not understand why does it takes a long time to complete the payroll when we click the SUBMIT button. I have experience at time up to more than half hour before i could even download the completed payroll.

Mohsin M.

Its very easy and straight forward to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

We have saved alot of time and efficiently reduced the paper work to deal with payroll processes and procedures.

Pros

The online payroll system is very easy and reliable to use, as using the software does not need in depth knowledge of how to calculate the monthly deductions PCB and generate all other report as required by the regulatory authorities and with simple few clicks.

Cons

The only con that i see is that it does not generate reports to pay directly through banks and invoices can not be paid through credit card or debit card.

Pieter V.

Great experience! Great support

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

Very easy to use tool and good weekly training programs for staff. Much better than the other local alternative

Cons

No cons for now. Overall very good. Keep it up i’d say

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the amazing review! Knowing that you are happy makes us happy too :)

Manjeet K.

I've received excellent support from the team and via chat support on their website.

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

No longer need to maintain leave and payroll in an excel sheet.
Employees have access to their payslips
Employees are able to view real time balance of their leave dates.

Pros

Ease of use.
Provision of new features.
Inclusion of leave based on office location
Availability of web chat help

Cons

There is no room for notes (we need to capture employee information: example: if someone has received a warning letter, placed in a PiP plan, etc)
Also would be great to have an option to record employee movement and change of salary (i.e. start date and end date of 1 salary bracket, the same to follow for when employees receive an increment.

Cheng khoon C.

Automation in Payroll Function

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Quite impressive and it solved many chores and in particular, pay slips can be emailed out to individual employees with ease - environment friendly with less printing.

Pros

Comprehensive and made compliance to local legal requirements easy. And it is fairly priced.

Cons

Dealing with part payments and complex remuneration package could be quite a struggle. And for those who join part way through a financial year, the back log months' payroll could be quite a struggle...

Jobby C.

User Friendly Tools

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

User friendly interface and does not need much technical knowledge to setup the tool which I can setup within a day and start using it. The support is helpful and quick respond as I need.

Cons

N/A. Overall is what I need for a SME company

Daniel J.

Great that I don't have to worry about payroll anymore, they take care of everything!

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

It's easy-to-use, and what else I can say? I don't have to worry about managing my payroll, allowing me to safe on costs, + their support is one of the best I've seen, always there to respond to quick queries.

Cons

Still waiting for them to release more features, but hopefully it will happen soon. Once they have a few more HR geared features, it would be VERY useful.

User-friendly and brilliant for small businesses like us.

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

Pros

User-friendly, compact, fast, simple and meets the requirement of our business administration function. Small improvement updates from time to time is also welcomed to keep the administration functionality relevant.

Cons

No cons whatsoever for our type of usage. Would like to explore more available services and functions through PandaPayroll in the future.

Chong Y.

Finance Manager

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

We have bee using the software for almost one year. We like the customer service support very much due to it provide the solution and feedback to us within 24 hours.

Pros

Provide Annual statutory report, leave management, current updated HR update and prompt customer service support.

Cons

Payroll run date is on every 15th of the month.

Nicholas L.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

Really great customer service and very user-friendly! Accountants and HR managers should really give this a go - saves our organisation a whole lot of time!

Cons

No integration with Quickbooks & our other accounting software. Would be great if we can use it to track our employees time at work as well!

Response from PayrollPanda

Thank you for your review! Note that we are integrated with QuickBooks accounting software and are also releasing Xero within the coming weeks. It allows you to auto-sync your payroll data.

Charlene T.

Save our time in payroll in the most efficient way.

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

Pros

Easy to use. our colleagues did not even attend training.
Online Support is good in terms of chat and information on Payroll Website.
EPF SOCSO and PCB is easily calculated and processed all online.
Always updating with new functions

Cons

Looking forward for Extra functions on functions on Staff Claims
Staff Log in Time and Out in Mobile App to update to timesheet in Payroll Panda
Autocalculation of Overtime

Karen S.

to maintain fee and not raise at the same time to enhance accordingly

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

no need to have a permanent accounts person to do payroll

Pros

overall adaptable to use but if possible to make it more simple if possible. if possible to have training sessions from time to time either at customers office or at Payroll Panda.

Cons

the fact that there is a time to run payroll and cant amend after doing so unless asking Payroll Panda to do. encountered this when doing bonus recently as wanted to do separately.

Rajamohan N.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Payroll can be done in timely manner and fast.

Pros

Friendly, easy to operate, very clear reports, easy to understand the reports, reports generated in both excel and pdf.

Cons

If there is any changes after submitting the payroll, we need customer service to revert. If possible, please let the user or the administrator to do the changes because some clients have last minute changes to do in the payroll.

Ernie G.

Excellent user interface and accurate compliance with local legislation.

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Pros

Extremely easy to use and high level of reliability in terms of legislative correctness and user platform. Great integration with QBO as well.

Cons

Perhaps more exciting features and integrations in coming launches.

Novelle T.

Easy to use and value for money

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

Easy to use, value for money, quick response from the support team

Cons

I was confused on which date to fill in for a staff who had just joined. First joined the company as a probationer, or first joined as a confirmed staff. This confusion messes with the calculation of annual leave entitlement days. However, the issue was resolved by consulting the support team.

Great Payroll Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Great customer service

Pros

Great customer support and I can do payroll in 3 easy clicks. Easy peasy!

Cons

Lack of additional features. I have now found HR easily which is loaded with so many more features.

7.0/10
Vivian arishanti zain A.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

We saved plenty of time during the payday week especially when we need to deal with lots of overtime payments calculation.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use, has great customer support, with a very reasonable price tag.

Cons

Mobile interface needs a grave improvement, mainly to accommodate our staffs wanting to apply for leaves.