PayrollPanda

Sandeep J.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Good Software but Lacking Some Features

Reviewed on 2018/09/05

Its a great software but has really bugging limitations, if the company resolves these the growth for this would be explosive.

Pros

- Ease of Use
- Excellent Customer Service, Love that you can chat and get instant help
- Cloud Software so you can do use it from anywhere / anytime

Cons

The big shortfalls are:

1. There is no multi-user option, most softwares allow 3 to 5 users and being a single user software this is a let down.
2. Leave Management - there is no provision for replacement leave which is commonly practised by SMEs where business can be seasonal and we allow staff who worked on weekends and PH to take compensatory paid leave during slower months.
3. You have to pay in a traditional manner there is no credit card payment option or even an FPX option. Disappointing and inconvenient.
4. I feel this should be integrated with Hasil / iPerkeso etc so that all statutory filings can be automatically done and payment again by FPX etc be facilitated.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We're happy to let you know that FPX payment option is on the way. As for Hasil and Perkeso integration: Our software does provide the relevant txt files for each statutory body for simple upload and FPX payment, please reach out to us via the chat if you require assistance with this or if anything is still unclear - we're happy to help :)

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Budiman A.
Industry: Facilities Services

Legal Compliance and Accuracy

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Pros

Payroll Panda helps employers in complying with all legal requirements pertaining to accurate salary calculations and statutory contributions. Need not worry about running afoul of the law and getting hefty fines, or worst, being dishonest to your hardworking employees by overlooking the fine details.

As a former user of SAP, Oracle and Microsoft AX, I did not have much problems setting it up myself and the support have been helpful. I find that Payroll Panda is a bit more user-friendly and at a fraction of the cost. As a micro business owner, i highly recommend this software.

Cons

At the moment it cannot be accessed using a smartphone. It can only be accessed on a PC. Not a big problem but sometimes you want to check something when out of office.

Response from PayrollPanda

Thank you so much! Great to know you're getting benefits from PayrollPanda.

Being able to deliver to our customers is essential to us. Currently we do not have a mobile version. The app is very complex and the features we have are quite extended so we are not able to make it into a smaller, simplified version at the moment.

Zeehan Z.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent Customer Services

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

In general, moving to PayrollPanda has helped made my HR function more efficiently.

Pros

I love that the software is very user friendly and quite intuitive. What I appreciate most is that customer service and how quickly and professionally any queries being posted is dealt with.

Cons

Integration with my QBO was a bit tricky and I gave up on it when I tried last year. However, I may give it a go again and see if it would help moving forward.

Khaddraa R.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

I like the interface. Very minimalist, modern look and user friendly. Customer support via chat very responsive.

Cons

The backend process need to be improved. We always have an issues whenever we want to run payroll every month. Rounding issues always been there. A good alert on percentage error for every cost (statutory tax, HRDF etc) would be great. Allow flexibility in term of the date to run payroll, i.e. option to run before 15th of the month.

Response from PayrollPanda

Appreciate your feedback!

In terms of the flexibility to run payroll before the 15th of the month, we can open the payroll for our customers in advance. Please reach out to our Customer Support team and we will be very happy to assist you.

As for the rounding issue, at the moment it is being worked on together with a series of features that will be released together this year. Our experts are constantly working to improve our product for the benefit of our customers.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Wan mohd hamidi bin S.

EASY, INEXPENSIVE AND HELPFULL

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

payrollpanda really helps my business runs smoothly regarding the HR, Payroll matters and also meeting the EPF, SOCSO and LHDN requirements.

it is inexpensive, easily accessible.

Pros

I LIKE PAYROLLPANDA BECAUSE IT IS EASY TO USE, ANYTIME I NEED HELP I CAN SEEK HELP VIA CHATBOX AND USUALLY REPLIED INSTANTLY.
PAYROLL AND DETAILS STAFF PAYMENT FOR STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS ARE CALCULATED AUTOMATICALLY, THIS HELP ME A LOT BECAUSE I AM THE OWNER OF MY SMALL PHARMACY COMPANY NEED THIS KIND OF ASSITANCE. THE FEES ARE AFFORDABLE AND EASY TO USE.

Cons

one of the features that is lacking maybe due to many statutory requirements, i found the PCB tax deductions not easily understood (maybe i do not know much about this). need futher information about this, i think the option for employee to pay their own PCB.

one more thing, payrollpanda, i am not sure whether provide the annual EA form for each employee.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Hamidi!

Thank you so much! Great to know that PayrollPanda has added value to your company.

Please note that PCB is automatically calculated for employees since employers are responsible for deducting PCB from the employee's salary and paying it over to LHDN. However we do have a Freelancer setting for workers who are not employees and who do not need any statutory deductions calculated. You can always reach out to our live-chat for us to explain the PCB calculations to you with the help of our tax expert.

Yes! PayrollPanda can generate the annual EA form for each employee.

Nashveen S.

I Have been using this services since the inception of the software and so far it works well for me.

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

i am a partner in this software and as such i do get recommendation fees

Pros

i like the leave management system and also the software also is very UI friendly and easy to to set up.
Dont have to scratch your head trying to set up this as its very simple and easy. Furthermore the CS are very fast in repyling to us.

Cons

The only thing i considered as a weakness is the time its takes to complete the payroll. Since everything has been calculated upfront and the figures are already checked and balanced, i do not understand why does it takes a long time to complete the payroll when we click the SUBMIT button. I have experience at time up to more than half hour before i could even download the completed payroll.

Irene L.
Industry: Printing

Payroll Panda Experience

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Makes payroll easier and enjoyable!

Pros

User friendly interface. Helpful customer support.

Cons

An app for both user and administrator (view only) would be good.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Irene!

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Employees can use PayrollPanda on their mobile phones using a mobile browser.

Wan akmal O.

Payroll Panda Experience

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Pros

I really like on the customer support and the system is very user friendly. It is so easy to set up by myself with a bit guidance from the customer support.

Cons

The system is not currently on apps based. So maybe it can be enhance to apps based if possible.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Akmal!

That's great to hear and we appreciate your kind comments.

Employees can use PayrollPanda on their mobile phones using a mobile browser.

Dithian S.

Exceptional

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Exceptional and very user friendly

Pros

The ease of use and the way the software is synchronized with LHDN requirements. And amazing customer service when I need assistance.

Cons

At times when I tried to register new staff from another company that used Payroll Panda also , I was unable to register with the same email. The new staff had to create new email id in order for me to register them under my company.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Dithian!

That's great to hear and thanks for the comments.

PayrollPanda only allows one email address for one account registration. We can only differentiate each account from their email address. For your case, the employee can use the same email address; however, the previous employer would need to remove their access from their account.

Siti norfareena K.
Industry: Design

USER FRIENDLY

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

We are able to save more time managing our business payroll and overall experience we are happy to continue using this platform

Pros

We were also a start up company , therefore we needed a software that was user friendly. We found that PAYROLL PANDA did just that. For someone without accounting or HR background. They made it easy for us to manage our staff salary calculation to applying leave.

Cons

There were a few glitches on data entry at the beginning. We needed to rectify the issue with customer service a few times but they were super responsive and helped me thru it with an ease.

Mariane N.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Best Payroll System Ever!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

payroll & leave application - good enough for me.

Pros

The interface is so modern yet minimalist. All front - line analyst have the highest customer service attitude.

Cons

Nil - love everything about it...actually maybe there's one - to be able to capture different subsidiaries in 1 company.

Titan C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

simple, easy to use & rich features

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

excellent

Pros

The payroll very comprehensive, user friendly

Cons

not mobile friendly. Possible to have mobile Apps version. Especially approve staff leave

Wasim I.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Payroll done in 20 minutes.!

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Fantastic idea. Fantastic product. Really simplifies a complex piece of my business.

Pros

It clarifies an otherwise complex process and allows me to complete payroll sitting at my desk. Previously had to go to multiple offices monthly to make statutory payment. Take a ticket and wait in line. Often multiple visits.

Cons

Would be great if all payments could be made directly from PP software. Currently I have to download lots of files and visit 4 different unintuitive, quirky government websites in order to complete payments.

Sanjay T.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

HR Solutions Made Simpler

Reviewed on 2018/10/05

Takes the hassle of payroll management away, makes it simpler, and saves our time. We also save time by not having to create our own Payslips, and makes it easier to share this data with finance team as well as with our employees.

Pros

PayrollPanda has a great user interface. It makes the mundane job of payroll and employee management a lot more fun, and exciting. It also serves as a one stop point for most of the essentials in employee management. Payroll is well handled, as is employee leave management.

Cons

Customer service is not at its best. Cost is also steep for organisations with 2-3 employees.

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks a lot for your review and the positive feedback. We are super sorry that you may have reached out to us on a busy day where our reply might have taken longer than expected. We always strive to be fast and efficient and apologise if we did not meet your expectations recently. As for our pricing, please note that we do have great discounts available for yearly billing and also have a referral program in place to help you save money.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Aiman K.
Industry: Construction

PayrollPanda is the most easy and reliable payroll software I've used so far.

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

It has saved me from being into a lot of hassles!

Pros

Great customer support, they help and guide me whenever I have a question. It's also easy to use and good value for money. Furthermore it's easy to generate the statutory files for payment and it gives peace of mind that all is statutory compliant.

Cons

I would like to see an integration with Xero accounting software, this would help me save even more time.

Kong L.

User Review

Happy user!!

Pros

Friendly and efficient HR matter portal, auto adjustment for salary payout in comply with the government rules.

Cons

Not able to keep the staff movement record such as salary and position/promotion history. Would appreciate if you could make this option available in future.

Bryan Z.
Industry: Financial Services

Simple software with Excellent Support

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/16

I now can process my payroll easily and PayrollPanda is always available to help when I face any problems.

Pros

Ease of use in running payroll with just a few clicks. Also liked the fact that the software is cloud based and I can used it from practically anywhere with an Internet connection.

Cons

Nothing in particular at the moment, am very satisfied.

Response from PayrollPanda

That's great to hear and thanks for the comments.

Apart from being able to run simple payroll, we take pride in our excellent customer support and we are pleased to know that you had a great customer service experience from our support team.

Mohsin M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Its very easy and straight forward to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

We have saved alot of time and efficiently reduced the paper work to deal with payroll processes and procedures.

Pros

The online payroll system is very easy and reliable to use, as using the software does not need in depth knowledge of how to calculate the monthly deductions PCB and generate all other report as required by the regulatory authorities and with simple few clicks.

Cons

The only con that i see is that it does not generate reports to pay directly through banks and invoices can not be paid through credit card or debit card.

Rizlan shah A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great software!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

Its easy to use and the customer support is fantastic and friendly.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Fundamentally, it serves my purpose to remain compliant with the payroll matters.

Response from PayrollPanda

That's great to hear and appreciate your kind comments.

Being able to deliver to our customers is essential to us and it is our main priority.

Pieter V.

Great experience! Great support

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

Very easy to use tool and good weekly training programs for staff. Much better than the other local alternative

Cons

No cons for now. Overall very good. Keep it up i’d say

Response from PayrollPanda

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the amazing review! Knowing that you are happy makes us happy too :)

Manjeet K.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I've received excellent support from the team and via chat support on their website.

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

No longer need to maintain leave and payroll in an excel sheet.
Employees have access to their payslips
Employees are able to view real time balance of their leave dates.

Pros

Ease of use.
Provision of new features.
Inclusion of leave based on office location
Availability of web chat help

Cons

There is no room for notes (we need to capture employee information: example: if someone has received a warning letter, placed in a PiP plan, etc)
Also would be great to have an option to record employee movement and change of salary (i.e. start date and end date of 1 salary bracket, the same to follow for when employees receive an increment.

Cheng khoon C.
Industry: Accounting

Automation in Payroll Function

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Quite impressive and it solved many chores and in particular, pay slips can be emailed out to individual employees with ease - environment friendly with less printing.

Pros

Comprehensive and made compliance to local legal requirements easy. And it is fairly priced.

Cons

Dealing with part payments and complex remuneration package could be quite a struggle. And for those who join part way through a financial year, the back log months' payroll could be quite a struggle...

Jobby C.
Industry: Computer Software

User Friendly Tools

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

User friendly interface and does not need much technical knowledge to setup the tool which I can setup within a day and start using it. The support is helpful and quick respond as I need.

Cons

N/A. Overall is what I need for a SME company

Daniel J.

Great that I don't have to worry about payroll anymore, they take care of everything!

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

It's easy-to-use, and what else I can say? I don't have to worry about managing my payroll, allowing me to safe on costs, + their support is one of the best I've seen, always there to respond to quick queries.

Cons

Still waiting for them to release more features, but hopefully it will happen soon. Once they have a few more HR geared features, it would be VERY useful.

Industry: Oil & Energy

User-friendly and brilliant for small businesses like us.

Reviewed on 2018/06/23

Pros

User-friendly, compact, fast, simple and meets the requirement of our business administration function. Small improvement updates from time to time is also welcomed to keep the administration functionality relevant.

Cons

No cons whatsoever for our type of usage. Would like to explore more available services and functions through PandaPayroll in the future.