Hopper

Automated planning & scheduling tool for Instagram

4,6
4,5
Anne K.

Always fast with their response and easy to work with!

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

Peace of mind.

Pros

I find Hopper to have a functionality and ease of use that I've not had before. When we have had issues with the software, customer service has always been top notch!

Cons

I can't wait for other nuances to be added to this software that will emulate IG further by adding the ability to tag people within the photos posted or to be able to load photos as a slideshow. These are minor, just little things that we still do natively, but I know will make a difference when added.

Katie W.

Hopper HQ Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

It has solved our problem of posting every day when our schedule gets crazy.

Pros

If you need to be in front of your clients on multiple platforms, look no further. Hopper HQ will save you time and money. Schedule your posts and don't look back! The staff and help center are amazing with any questions you might have. We use it for IG, FB, Linkedin and Twitter.

Cons

They keep adding new features all the time. If you need something for a specific platform they will do their best to help you out.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your review and great to hear the positive feedback :-D

The team are always on hand if we can ever help or make Hopper HQ more valuable for you.

Thanks,

Roberto C.
Industry: Publishing

A capable and most affordable social media management

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Very responsive, and you you can see that the staff is concerned about user satisfaction, which the formula for success.

Pros

I loved three aspects:

multiple posting and scheduling,

Ability to link posting to e-commerce
# hashtags suggestions and placements

Cons

This is not something that I did not like, but rather I would wish that Hopper would expand to other social media posting, like Hootsuite. I'm sure they'll get there.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Roberto, thanks so much for your kind words. It's great to know what's valuable for you.
We're exciting to be expanding to more social platforms currently supporting Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin - we'd love to hear what your next platform request would be?
Thanks, Mike

Cara P.

Terrible Service

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Disappointing and frustrating.

Pros

When it actually works it does what it's meant to do.

Cons

It's constantly disconnecting. There is no point in scheduling posts if you have to go check that your scheduling tool is working every day. After months of frustration, we asked them to shut down our account literally on the day the payment was being withdrawn. They both refused to refund that payment and to shut down our account when we asked. They said we had to pay for another month of not using their unreliable products per their policies.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Cara, I'm very sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience, its certainly not what we set out to do.

I can see from our chat logs that you did have some connectivity issues however we were unable to debug these as the accounts were removed.

With regards to payment you of course have the option to downgrade or cancel your subscription at anytime online.

However I can see that you were in fact refunded the payment when you requested (and before this review).

Please do get in touch with support if there is anything we can support you with further.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Shani M.
Industry: Market Research

Fab product!

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Great so far!

Pros

This is a review for the desktop app (haven't tried the ISO version yet).
It's easy to use. Really good, straightforward layout. I love that you can time posts and change the date/time really easy, in the Grid Planner panel itself.
The Grid Planner feature is fantastic and better than other products I trialled first - I love that you can see published posts alongside your future posts, so you can line them up and make sure your grid looks good!

Cons

It doesn't make sense to me that you have to save a Draft post as a Draft. I think it would be better if you could just tick/untick a post to take it off/add it to scheduled posts. That way all your posts are in one place. And if I decide that I'm not sure what date I want to post something, I shouldn't have to change a scheduled post into a Draft - I should just be able to unschedule it but still keep it visible in the same place as all the other posts.
It would also be good if posts that are changed into Drafts had their date/time removed!

Eric K.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Hopper HQ Does the Job

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

Making people aware of my art and other services.

Pros

I like the straight-forward UI and clean, uncomplicated layout. It's easy to use, too--most tasks are self-explanatory. It does the job for me--I don't really need much more than what it already does, and I'm hoping the ease-of-use will not change in future.

Cons

I wish it was possible to add a bit more automation to the app. For example, I publish one drawing per day to my three networks. Currently, I have to front-load the entire task--pick an image, add a caption, set a publication date--over and over and over. It would be easier if I could, say, pick a range of dates, set one upload per day and have it pull the images in alphabetical order from a specific directory. So on day one, it would pull image001.foo, then the next day image002.foo etc.

Elliot B.
Industry: Design

Finally

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Easy, efficient, professional.

As the owner of my company, social media is usually the part of my job that needs to come from me but i like doing the least as I need to put hours aside to organise. With Hopper, its a joy to use, plan and schedule.

Pros

We've been playing around with a number of different platforms to manage our social media and we've finally found one that does it all... even down to informing us on the popularity of our # choices.

Its easy to use and the image editor is a god send. We have lots of glossy, magazine ready photos from our project but they sometime need a tweak here and there for the different social media channels so the editor is perfect.

Cons

I am still relatively new to the software so I am yet to find anything I really dislike.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Elliot, thanks for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you've found a perfect fit with Hopper HQ.

We've found seeing the hashtag popularity has been a huge boost for increasing engagement so pleased to hear its be valuable for you as well.

Jaclyn O.

Hopper Makes it Easy

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/17

Invaluable benefits in being able to count hashtags, post when I'm not online, plan out posts a week ahead of time, and view Analytics. A must-have business tool for Instagram.

Pros

Honestly, at first I was really disappointed. I signed up for the free trial and to see that you can only plan posts and they'll remind you to post them without ACTUALLY posting them was really disappointing. But when I sent a complaint about this, I got a super helpful response right away and they helped me set up Autoposting, which was actually so easy that I feel silly for not figuring it out myself.

So yes, from Hopper HQ, you can upload photos to Instagram from your computer (already invaluable) and plan them to post during peak hours when you're unavailable. They also count your hashtags for you. If you're a budding business depending on Instagram, I definitely think this is an extremely important tool.

Cons

Honestly, once I got the hang of it, I had no complaints. Everything I could think of to want is there.

Carmen L.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent service for social media managers

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Excellent customer service, fast response.

Pros

The ability to schedule carrousel posts without the use of a phone!

Video scheduling

Cons

Not able to see full data on facebook and twitter analytics

Daniel L.
Company size: Self Employed

Makes Social Media Scheduling a Breeze!

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Really easy to get set up and going.

Pros

- Easy to use interface.
- I can add my team - keeps us all on the same page... or feed!
- The calendar view is incredibly helpful.
- Being able to preview posts ensures my Instagram feed is on point.
- Really fast to connect to social media accounts compared to the competition.

Cons

- It would be great if it provided Instagram stories publishing

Tom J.
Industry: Fine Art
Company size: Self Employed

From Gramblr to Hopper HQ.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/08/28

As a single, privat user, I think it help me to get accurate images of my artwork to Instagram, and that opens up to a bigger range of people, a better chance to spread my work, as look, and have contact with other artists around the world. Its a very good program.

Pros

When I started with Instagram 2 years ago I understod that the only way to publice posts was from a smartphone. I didnt have that. But I found Gramblr, free way to post on Instagram directly from my PC. So I went with that for some years and it worked but not very reliabel and somewhat shaky. Another problem was the distorsion of my images. I often do finepoint inkdrawings, scan it and prepare it via Photoshop and publiced with Gramblr. The problem was that Gramblr distorted the fine lines of the drawing and it didnt look as crisp, rather a bit distorted. But, I had no choise.

Then Gramlr disapeared and I soon understand there was no free programs out there to do the same things. Finally I found Hopper HQ and with the personal and welcoming support of the rep and others I took a trial. It took a while to understand it, but I got it right pretty soon.

The striking difference from Gramblr to Hopper HQ was that my drawings and other artwork was so crisp and accurate at Instagram, even fine lines. So I was very supriced and glad to se how good it worked.
Its easy to pick images and post them. Its a great way to get your images to Instagram via your computer.

Cons

Its a bit expensive for a single user who post ca. 10-15 images a month. I dont think I can afford it. So at this point I dont know if I will continue use Hopper HQ when the trial is over. But I wish I could because it works so good.

Company size: Self Employed

Great tool with potential to get superb!

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

It makes my social media marketing a lot easier. Scheduling posts is crucial, but not always possible for a one man show. Hopper HQ does this job for me and it does it great. Except a few limitations compared to real life posting on e.g. Instagram ;-)

Pros

Planning and scheduling posts as well as first comments is great. Re-arranging scheduled posts is very easy and user friendly. Grid view is crucial for professional businesses and works well.

Cons

I manage TWO Instagram accounts through hopper hq, but only one is a business account (due to the fact that you only can have ONE account linked to your FB page). Hopper HQ does not allow me to see the "grid view" for the second none-business account which is a big downside for me.
Also, there's no possibility yet to tag persons directly on a photo. This lets posts look a little artificial, because wit a "real" IG-posts you would actually always do that.

Response from Hopper HQ

Thank you for your review! Regarding tagging other accounts directly on your photos, this feature is currently in Beta and so will be available for you to use very shortly :). If you would like early access, simply contact us through the web chat to ask for it.

Regarding the grid view not being available for a personal account - unfortunately this is limited by Instagram itself and therefore not possible for us to work around.

Best wishes, Hopper HQ :)

Lisa F.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: Self Employed

Reliable, straightforward interface, exceptional customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

I have an account I manage with daily instagram and twitter posts. It's not a heavy workload but it is every day. Being able to schedule the posts at my convenience is incredibly helpful.

Pros

Hopper is one of the only schedulers for instagram that you can use for non-commercial accounts (when I signed up, it was the only one I could find, and it may still be). It's reliable and easy to use, it has a twitter side, and has really exceptional customer service. They are nice people to interact with, and that counts a lot for me.

Cons

The filter options for photos aren't quite as intuitive as native Instagram, and the Twitter side of the equation could use some tweaking.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your feedback and review. It's great to hear that Hopper HQ is making your life little easier.

We're continually developing our Twitter support so watch this space.

We've also launched Linkedin publishing this week if that helps save even more time!

Lucy J.
Industry: Internet

A truly amazing tool that quickly became an essential part of our marketing workflow

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Saving a huge amount of time managing our Instagram accounts, Increasing the quality of our social media marketing.

Pros

It's very quick to upload and schedule lots of content. We upload a month in advance and then add other posts and comments as needed. It takes us about 30 minutes to create and schedule a month of regular posts.

The newer features to view and plan your feed have been brilliant to help increase the overall look and feel of our Instagram accounts.

Cons

There are 3 of us the use the tool and all share one login. Together we manage 5 Instagram accounts via Hopper HQ.
It would be good to have the ability to login separately and maange different accounts. Only a minor point but would be a nice addition.

Rachel M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

An affordable, excellent option for social media management

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

We were able to double our client roster since using Hopper HQ. This has helped grow Isobel Media from a one-woman-show with one main client and two smaller projects to an agency that services around 12 active clients.

Pros

As a service provider, I've chosen to keep my rates low for clients so that I can help to change the economic situation for food industry entrepreneurs. Far too many small businesses start and fail because they aren't able to afford excellent social media services. Because my revenue is much less than other agencies, I needed an affordable scheduling/analytics system to help me plan, schedule, and analyze my clients social media marketing campaigns. Hopper's ease of use, uncomplicated user journey, and visual planning aspects have helped my team create social media feeds for my clients that have gone viral.

Cons

Dragging and dropping using the calendar option is limited to one month at a time. If I am working at the end of a month I'm not able to drag into the beginning of the next.

Sean D.

Extremely useful!

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Thoroughly happy with Hopper HQ and will not be using any other product or service from any competitor.

Pros

Extremely easy to use!

The ability to set it and forget it makes life much easier when building an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account.

Customer support is easily accessible and they are all very friendly.

Hopper HQ even asks customers to recommend additional features that they would like to see in the future.

Strongly recommend Hopper HQ!

Cons

I've asked if Hopper HQ can add the ability to add location to the posts so that it's possible to tag a location.

They explained that they have received that request from others and are definitely aware that customers would love to have that feature.

Jai K.

Best Scheduler I've found

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Been great. It does what it says on the tin!

Pros

does more than the others... you can check all the boxes, first comment, location, hash tags-- all searchable which is good.

Cons

I feel like the monthly is a bit high... on the user side we have to pay rent to every app we need to use. For the little guy it can approach enterprise pricing by the time you're done loading up all the apps you need to get your thing to go. But I understand the other side... people offering the service need to get paid... not complaining I just do think it's a bit high.
Also would be good to add LinkedIN support.

Response from Hopper HQ

Hi Jai, I hope you're well and thanks for your review.
I'm glad to hear Hopper HQ is the best scheduling tool you've used.
Thanks for your feedback on pricing - I do agree paying for lots of apps can be difficult but we continue to expand our feature set to ensure Hopper HQ can continue to provide more and more value.

With that in mind and related to your point about LinkedIn support, I'm please so say that LinkedIn planning and scheduling is available to all accounts included for free within the existing price.

Many thanks,

Dan A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

I use it daily with multiple client Instagram accounts, including my own personal account.

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

Biggest benefit is time saving and the ability to schedule posts in advance. Also ease of use (instead of posting from your phone) and ability to scale out and manage multiple accounts.

Pros

Hopper HQ is very easy to use and a huge time-saver, allowing me to schedule weeks worth of posts in just minutes. The preview mode is great to assist with the aesthetics of your profile. Having access to your history of posts AND the ability to "re-schedule" a post is VERY helpful. It's invaluable to have the ability to type in your caption (with emoji's) AND at the same time post a first comment (usually for hashtags). However my favorite feature is the image editing that utilizes Adobe Creative Cloud tools and features, which makes for editing your images easy and professional. This software provides far more value than what you're paying for!

Cons

The things I like least about this software are a couple of needed features, that I think would complete this software:
1) I'm unable to post a multi-image slide show type post to Instagram. Currently only one image per post is supported.
2) I'm unable tag my Instagram post to also post to my Facebook business/fan page when it posts to Instagram.

Tyler C.

All Pros, no Cons

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

My team and I are able to schedule any post cross platform with Hopper, and have them scheduled well in advance, or complete on the fly posts with ease. The value and performance of Hopper HQ is unmatched :)

Pros

It has all the features I need. Gallery Posts for Instagram, Video content, cross platform posting and scheduling, nothing lacking with Hopper HQ!

Cons

At first, there were several features I was in need of (gallery image posts on Instagram, Video posts). The Hopper HQ team was in the development stages of this when I signed on, and within a couple weeks, it was fully functional. I now cannot think of one thing that is a "con" when it comes to Hopper HQ.

Graeme R.
Industry: Photography

It's very helpful for me, totally helps me manage the feed without it taking up too much of my day.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

This this was already covered in the first round of questions....

Pros

Easy to use for the most part, does what I need it to do with a minimum amount of fuss or time spent.

Cons

I am not not wild about the time/date setting, which is a new change I know. But it is really much easier to just write in a time and switch the date if need be. Also, I'd like to be able drag and drop the photos into an order and just set an interval when doing multiple posts, like "every 75 minutes post the next photo" and forget about picking times all together. A notepad for storing hashtags and IG handles would also be helpful.

Abdulla A.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

My team works a lot more efficiently with Hopper instead of posting manually.

Pros

Ability to add as many accounts as possible and managing all simultaneously.

Cons

We've previously had issues with the initial set up of new accounts such as disabling features like two-step verification and Instagram detecting unusual activity but that is understandable.

Dallas P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Couldn't Live Without It!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Saving time by actually being able to plan and schedule Instagram Posts and Facebook post from one place. Mainly the Instagram scheduling and posting. I have not found another software or app that does what Hopper HQ can do and is has great UI/UX.

Pros

Super user friendly and it actually posts for you at the time you scheduled. I like that you can duplicate posts to different accounts and make appropriate changes quickly and easily. Anyone that asks me what I use to effectively and efficiently schedule my social media posts, I ALWAYS recommend this service.

Cons

The one thing now I wish it had was a feature to store frequently used hashtags so you could choose from that list instead of having to type them in each and every time you make a post.

Antonis D.
Company size: Self Employed

Fantastic tool for my Instagram posts!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/07/09

To manage and schedule my posts on Instagram! Great experience!

Pros

It's a great marketing tool for planning and managing posts for Instagram. I use it for promoting posts, scheduling the time and date for multiple pictures. I love the friendly environment and the available tools for cropping, layout and customizing the future posts. Every blogger and photographer needs this tool for boosting their performance!

Cons

The video tools and formats supporting video need improvement because Instagram reduces occasionally the quality of the video posts for better downloading speeds and performance. If you need to upload and manage video posts, make sure that you export and edit your video in the right format and size, so it's faster and easier for this software and Instagram to upload it in the best possible quality! Overall the software works fine and I am happy with it!

Jackson C.

Instagram Marketing Life-saver

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Pros

Hopper HQ lets you upload & schedule content for Instagram automatically from your desktop, and it does this in a way that is compliant with Instagram's terms. It's become an invaluable tool for my Instagram business and has given me so much more time to spend with my family. It's the only one out there that frees you from a mobile device!

Cons

A very minor one - the current analytics are really cool but I would love to track engagement on my posts from the Hopper HQ platform.

Industry: Accounting

Hooper HG

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

Pros

1. Very easy to use. we tried multiple social media posting platforms and Hooper HQ was the quickest and easiest to start using.

2. Ability to batch upload and schedule large amounts of posts very quickly. No other software we used was this efficient.

3. Supports Video content.

4. Supports Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Cons

Currently Hooper HQ doesn't support Linkdin so I am forced to use inferior software to post to this site.