Chronogolf Reviews

Chronogolf

Cloud-based golf course management software

4.7/5 (96 reviews)
Tim H.

Chronogolf has been the best by Far

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

All that said, Chronogolf is an excellent program that my golf course plans to use for years to come.

Pros

I've used a few different tee sheet management software programs throughout my time working at golf courses, and Chronogolf has been the best by far. This program has great, very intuitive features that I felt the other services I used were lacking. Some of my personal favorites are included below:

- A very nice way to price out golf per individuals, or groups of golfers (we have many different price points and golfer "types" here, and the ability to set the daily pricing by the hour, and easily change a golfer's specific pricing by changing his or her "type" makes it very easy and quick checking in golfers)

- The ability to click and drag a tee time to change the time is awesome. So much easier than going into the reservation and changing the time, or deleted and recreating

- Having a way to set colors to different types is great and gives a quick way to see the demographic of golfers on any given day

- The tournament module is awesome (still needs a few minor tweaks) But as a course that hosts many tournaments, I use this module very frequently and it provides a very easy way to manage the tee sheet on a tournament day

- Probably the biggest feature is that it is cloud-based. I can access any information I need to at any time I need which is very useful and important to me.

Cons

This program, like all others, does have a few minor flaws, and some bugs (sometimes runs very slowly, or just glitches tee times out) but all that is very minor and usually does not cause any lastly problems.

Greg N.

Features upon features!

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

All in all Mountain Woods Golf Club is very happy with all three aspects of Chronogolf, the management and staff find the software utilities to be very organized and easy to use, The customer service is second to none and finally our customers enjoy using the software to book their tee times and view the house account transactions.

Pros

There are many aspects of Chronogolf that make it a complete software package. It has features upon features such as creating numerous price sheets to customize booking privileges and pricing, a tournament module to keep all social events and golf tournaments organized in one calendar. The promotions section is one of my favourite as it gives me the ability to create promo codes for events such as fathers day or mothers day. I am very excited for the Dynamic Pricing module and I am very interested in integrating it into our facility in 2019. It would not be fair to review the software and not touch on the service and continuous enhancements or software upgrades. The customer service staff is second to none. The online chat makes it easy to get an agent and the agents seem very knowledgable and polite when assisting with all questions or concerns we may have. As for the software updates… they are always creating enhancements to the software. Many of these enhancements I believe are driven by the requests sent in by current users of Chronogolf and some are simply generated by the company itself. The final aspect of Chronogolf that I would like to review is the member and guests experience. We have had a great number of members and guests tell us that online booking with Chrono has been an enjoyable experience. The dashboard is clean and giving members the ability to see and book directing into the tee sheet with other members they might know is one of their favourite features.

Cons

There are some reporting questions I had about reporting in the Lightspeed POS system but CSR at Chronogolf was quick to point me in the right direction.

Rob H.

We are happy that we will not have to conduct a search for another system this year, as we are very

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Our decision actually came down to Chronogolf and another service. Ultimately for us, we felt Chronogolf best fit the needs of our club, especially when it comes to paper invoicing our senior members, along with more control and access to the system overall. It became clear a couple of weeks into our training for 2019 that we had made the right decision. We found the staff at Chronogolf extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating from the start of our training all the way through to the start of our season and beyond. The software itself is much more user-friendly than our previous management system, and all of the staff that use it on a daily basis acknowledge the significant improvement and ease of use. We can get rid of many of our other third party software elements that were put together to run the back end of our operation, as Chronogolf/Lightspeed can do much of what is needed.

Pros

We are in the midst of our first season working with Chronogolf after having a rather negative experience with our previous golf management system implemented and utilized by Nehoiden GC during the 2018 season. By August of last season, it was clear we needed a change, and my Assistant GM and I went through an extensive search for a new golf system. We are a private 9-hole club that does not utilize the online reservation system, so we were looking for a management system that could streamline our back end administration, offer us a single database for all of our needs, tracking system for tee times entered by our starters, and POS system for merch, F&B, and golf fee sales at first tee.

Cons

We feel our club has taken a great step forward in checking in members and their guests, as well as with all of our first tee operations. And when there is an issue or update, it is easy to get in touch to find a resolution.

Alexandre R.

A program that continues to evolve and improve

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

We have been using the Chronogolf platform since its creation in 2012. We are proud to say we help create the product by giving our opinion on the upgrade that needed to be done in the golf management system industry. Nowadays, the program has evolved to a much more complete system that gives your business flexibility in sales creativity. It’s a great system which makes the tee time booking a lot more efficient for the client and our staff. It also provides you the possibility of promoting your golf course online, which gives you the power of managing your quiet time of the day and increase your sales. The system itself is user friendly and easy to use, whether it’s from booking reservation to events and tournaments, online payments, email bank, technical support, player and pricing options, statistics, market segmentation, reports and way more! The variety of options that Chronogolf offers to its users is like no other product on the market. It is a real marketing tool for your business, combined with his own POS (Lightspeed) to give you the full business tool package you need!

Cons

They take their time to release certain features but I cannot complain since they release features that are so integral to our day to day business.

Matt S.

The Customer service is unparalleled in the industry, with up-to-the-minute response times

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

We are in our third season using Chronogolf and Lightspeed POS. The cloud based software is easy accessible and user friendly. And the company, in itself, is innovative, constantly adding new features and improvements that make running a golf course Pro Shop more efficient and effective. We look forward to seeing new features and innovations in the future, with the goal of creating the best possible experience for our customers, with the support of Chronogolf!

Pros

- Chronogolf / Lightspeed Retail / Lightspeed Restaurant - user friendly and there are constant improvements / innovations
- Packages and Subscription module - easy to use, track and manage
- House Accounts - automatic payments are very valuable to our operation
- Lightspeed Restaurant - a good way to manage a restaurant / bar in an efficient and effective manner
- Promo Codes - are a great way to track and manage promotions and discounts for customers

Cons

- The Sync between the tee sheet and Lightspeed Restaurant is not always automatic, which impacts the management of our Loyalty Program.
- We would like to see certain improvements in the Dynamic Pricing module, but since this has been newly introduced, I would like to wait and see the additional features they add
- The app is not yet up to speed in terms of performance compared to the current app we are using

Ryan H.

I would recommend Chronogolf. I've used many other tools, and this is such a great software!

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Pros

1) I really enjoy having different colors on the tee sheet to distinguish the different player types. Helps us quickly look at tee sheet to roughly see how many members we have playing, etc.
2) I like the fact that it is cloud based. Having the ability to access our information anytime/anywhere makes it that much easier when I'm not around the shop at all times. I can be on the course, at home, on vacation and still access the tee sheet and other information.
3) Some other neat features that I like is the ability to broadcast the tee sheet on a tv. Our customers really enjoy seeing their name up on the tv and they know who they follow and where we stand with tee times. Another feature is the ability to clone tee times. Makes it really quick when booking multiple tee times rather than having to enter all information for each time.
4) Very user friendly, makes it very easy for staff to quickly learn!
5) The way memberships are set up are very simple as well to be able to have them be automatically withdrawn. Basically I can set it up and don't have to worry about it! The radar feature is great as it will tell us when monthly payments don't get taken out, etc.

Cons

Like all software programs, there are minor bugs that come up here and there. Sometimes we see a little bit of a lag with Lightspeed, but it can all be resolved! The support staff is so helpful and available when you need them!

Chad S.

Great cloud based system with clean UI

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Pros

Cloud based! Can be accessed from any device from anywhere. Tee sheet and booking procedure is easy and looks great. Pleasing to the eye and very intuitive in nature. Creating tee times and rates are a bit of a process but once you get the flow it becomes second nature. Creating tournaments and events are simple and can be accessed online. Reporting and statistical information is wonderful and easy to access. Has wonderful features for promotions that work great especially if you have punch cards or multiple round deals. Customer service response is timely and helpful.

Cons

UI on a phone is buggy. Needs it's own dedicated app. Limited features compared to other golf software. Lightspeed POS has limitations and isn't tailored towards a golf operations unique set of requirements. Online booking procedure for guests differs from other software but still does the job.

Response from Chronogolf

Hey Chad! Thank you for taking the time to review Chronogolf - it means a lot to us.

We're getting great feedback on our punchcard/package features, and we're rolling out some exciting features over the summer that you'll appreciate.

As for the UI on the phone, we're actually releasing a native app in the coming weeks. We'll make sure to include you in the private beta launch!

7.0/10
Derek M.

Everything is more efficient. It's accessible at any time.

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

The onboarding process for us went very smoothly and the team and Chronogolf was very helpful and on the phone whenever we need them.

Pros

A lot of things that people were saying to us about Chronogolf were positive. We realized that we could utilize our tee sheet a little more effectively. One of the things that I really like about Chronogolf is that it is cloud-based which makes it easy to access from anywhere. The other thing is the openness to feedback where certain features weren't available at the time , but we kept getting feedback from the Chronogolf team that they might not be able to introduce these features right away, but it was in the process of being built and that word has held true. If there are any problems my staff is having, I don't have to be at the office to solve them. Our members absolutely loved it because they are able to go online and make reservations. It reduced phone calls that we were getting in the Proshop.

Cons

We are very happy with all the systems we have in place. Even though you have to jump from the tee sheet to the Point of Sale, it's not such a big deal, it's only a tab away. I can't wait for what's to come!

Gilles R.

Chronogolf gives us the chance to improve our current structure

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overall, being a 9-hole course, Chronogolf allows us to offer 9-hole and 18-hole bookings to our guests without creating conflict on the booking page and allowing us to optimize all tee times. Many golfers now use technology to improve their technique, keep track of their scores, make reservations online. Technology is evolving fast and Chronogolf's expert team is helping us keep up to date in this area.

Pros

The software allows every employee to focus on doing their job, which is to get golfers on time and make sure they respect playing time. The Chronogolf / Lighspeed partnership is also a key point in the management of our club. This allows us to output accurate data from different periods of the year. All of these results can easily point us to future choices in order to adopt the best strategy for the next season.

Cons

I use the support chat to make suggestion from time to time, and Chronogolf understands that each course operates differently and may have different needs.

Tj G.

The Chronogolf platform is very flexible and reliable

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

I appreciate the fact that if there isn't something me or my staff can figure out, I can reach out to their Live Chat Support and they will do everything to regulate the problem for us. They are a reliable source of information and knowledge. They are also available very regularly.
The membership structure on Chronogolf is easy and transparent. It makes our membership management better and it makes booking online very easy for our members, new and old alike.
I love the integration with Lightspeed and the fact that we can have house accounts for our members that can be viewed efficiently and accurately. The integration with the Point of Sale is excellent for our inventory management and control.

Cons

Can't think of any. I enjoy every aspect of the software, any suggestions I have had have been met with sincere consideration and often appear in regular software updates.

Jacques H.

The online reservation for tee times save valuable time and energy

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

I am happy to have introduced Chronogolf into our golf course’s operations.

Pros

One of the things I enjoy about the Chronogolf software is the occupancy report per player type, which gives us details of our most busy periods during the season. We can also navigate easily through the calendar to quickly see the events and tournaments for the year. The online reservation platform also allows members to see who they are playing with for any tee time reservations in the future. Even for visitors and guests, we collect emails, phone numbers or any relevant information, which allows us to send unique deals. I find it useful to choose colors for the different player types, which also catches the eye on the tee sheet to help the staff identify members. This small thing improves the member's experience at our golf course.

Cons

Nothing specific I dislike, the features are great.

Brent M.

Highly recommended for any course.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

Having worked with a number of software packages in the golf industry I can say that Chronogolf is definitely the most user friendly and intuitive. The integration options only serve to enhance its capabilities. Being a newly constructed course it is great to see that they are willing to work with our business as we continue to grow. With any system there will inevitably be functions that require additional training above and beyond the initial set up stage, and I can happily say that the live support has made this effortless and timely. Reporting options from Chronogolf allows for a quick view of Key Metrics while Lightspeed allows for more specific sales reports to scrutinize each category.

Cons

While both Chronogolf and Lightspeed both operate efficiently and communicate in real time I could see potential benefits to working with one software provider. That being said they are always working on upgrades and additional functions to improve the user experience. Would highly recommend for any course.

Jenifer W.

Chronogolf is a tee-sheet management system that actually cares about their clients!

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

When we partnered with Chronogolf they were still a young company and not all of the features we needed were there, but they have been great at growing with us and constantly upgrading to provide a better product.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, it's pretty much fool proof! It's very intuitive and all of my employees pick up on it quickly, especially all the millennials joining the work force.

The super clean and tidy interface is also very easy to explain to customers and we have found our web-based bookings have increased due to this.

I also love that they are continually in touch with updates and take the time to ask what feature their clients need or want to see next. The personal touch goes a long way! That's what we as golf course operators provide for our customers so it is nice to see a tee-sheet management company who does the same for their clients.

Zac C.

Chronogolf is proactive and not reactive.

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Chronogolf has been great so far, I have spent a fair amount of time working with rep. that being over the phone, or via email as well. We went through a seminar together on introducing me to the program, as I came to the position I am in while Chronogolf has already been put into place at the golf course. After the seminar, I have found that the software is super user-friendly and understandable. I just needed some direction in the beginning but it was easy to get help from rep. as he was available pretty much whenever I needed. So kudos to him for that!

Cons

We would like an easier way to see rounds per player but things are being put in place for that so that is great to hear.

Dave A.

I have used GolfNow and I would recommend Chronogolf system to any golf course operation.

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

I would also like to mention the customer service is fantastic. CSR and others are quick with responding to my emails, always doing follow ups on issues that I had. These issues were on improving my knowledge of the operating system, web page performance and how to maximize Chronogolf for my needs and to improve our marketing needs.

Pros

I have used Chronogolf for one golf season here in Ontario, Canada. I have come to enjoy working with the system. The program is very user friendly and fast when dealing with phone bookings. The ease of going from Chronogolf to Lightspeed POS to the any other part of the system (customer list, inventory, pricing, etc) is fast and easy to navigate.

Cons

There were some questions about the marketing tool that CSR helped me with. He checks up on us and makes sure we are aware of the new features and making sure we are using the software to its full potential.

Charles C.

Chronogolf has helped enhance my business!

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Pros

Chronogolf is a great system which makes the check-in process efficient in the golf shop. Our members love the fact that you can manage your own profile and see up to the minute account information. The features you can utilize between notes on the tee sheets, package options, email and text to your customers, etc, are great features that make Chronogolf unique. One of the best parts of Chronogolf is the ability to real-time chat with customer service. A lot of companies sell you a package and make it difficult to service that product. However, Chronogolf is accessible and quick to service and stand behind their product. That is one of the best selling features of this system!

Cons

I would like to see some changes in the Food & Beverage POS but other than that everything is working in harmony.

Nathalie C.

The customer service is excellent!

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

We have selected the Chronogolf platform to modernize the amenities at our golf club and we are very happy with our choice.

Pros

The tee sheet is very intuitive and my team understands the operations very quickly. I really like the ability to modify reservations by changing the date or tee time with a simple drag & drop. The packages, the memberships, the emails and the SMS feature are all options that have improved the daily life of our operations. The platform continues to evolve with new features every month and administrators at Chronogolf are very attentive to our needs.

Cons

I am satisfied with the software. The Chronogolf team addresses our issues very quickly on the support chat.

Marie-claude M.

The support team is always available to answer our questions at any time.

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

We handle a large restaurant for events and using the Lightspeed Restaurant integration with Chronogolf has been very helpful to manage credit accounts.

Pros

We have been working for several years with Chronogolf, Lightspeed Retail & Restaurant and we do not regret our choice! Having multiple events and weddings per day, we needed a complete solution for Food & Beverage and the Restaurant POS is perfect for our needs. The Chronogolf software is easy to use for both the managers and the staff. The Chronogolf team is proactive and improves their software many times per year.

Cons

Every software has their small issues, however the Chronogolf team is always there to fix our problems quickly.

Guy L.

Chronogolf is easy to use and completes our day-to-day operations!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Since the arrival of Chonogolf at our golf course, our employees benefit from a tool of the highest performance! We are happy with the decision we made.e

Pros

Chronogolf is an excellent online booking software for managing reservations at the proshop. The fact that members have access to their profile online, the ability to take notes on reservations and send emails to customers directly from the tee sheet are just some of the many benefits of having this robust software at our golf course. Moreover, the ability to chat live with Chronogolf agents is without a doubt the main advantage.

Cons

We want to add the POS integration to Chronogolf to facilitate payments and inventory management.

Bert C.

Chronogolf allows us to offer a better and faster service for a superior customer experience.

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

We are extremely pleased with our partnership with Chronogolf and we can’t wait to continue to offer our clients and valued members a superior service at our golf course

Pros

Since the implementation of Chronogolf at our facility, we can manage tee times in a more efficient way. All our members can now book their tee time online with just a few clicks! The software has a large variety of options, like the tournament module, that enable us to manage the day-to-day activities of the course with ease.

Cons

There is not something specific we dislike, but whenever we have an issue, the support team is always patient and helpful.

Sean M.

The Live Chat Support feature on the tee sheet is great!

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Chronogolf also has a "Customer Success" team that will reach out every few months and review our set up and offer feedback on how we can utilize certain features better, which is a great value-add! Overall, I'm very happy to be using Chronogolf!

Pros

The bank for the buck is awesome! The biggest advantage of Chronogolf is not having to trade tee times for services. Having an off season to keep our website really helps us-particularly since we are a seasonal course.
I like the fact that everything is cloud-based. It's a bonus that everything is integrated with Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed Restaurant. It makes our Reporting very easy.

Cons

Sometimes features and upgrades take longer than hoped for. They do keep us up to date when they do introduce new features though, so that's great!

Ken H.

The transition to Chronogolf was quick and simple!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

We joined Chronogolf in Spring of 2017 and integrated them with Lightspeed for our POS. While there was a learning curve for all involved, both staff and members, the feedback and assistance offered by Chronogolf made the transition quick and simple. The system is fantastic and with the multiple platforms they now offer. Our club is well positioned to service all of our customers. The help desk response time is very prompt and they always seem to have the answers to our problems. I would highly recommend you seriously consider Chronogolf if you are looking for a new and better operational suite for your club.

Cons

There are some things I would like to see on the tee-sheet but other than that everything is great.

Jonathan G.

Would highly recommend this to any and all Golf Facilities.

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Abercrombie Country Club switched to Chronogolf a few years back and the system has surpassed any and all expectations we had. The software is all-inclusive, providing all your club needs together in one place. Very user-friendly software for staff and Chronogolf provides exceptional customer service for any needs you may not be able to accomplish on your own.

Cons

The only thing I can say is I know I do not use the system to its full potential but the Chronogolf team is always helping us and letting us know what is new in terms of features and options within the system.

Jean-guy C.

I highly recommend Chronogolf to all golf course managers

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I like that a confirmation email is sent to the customer when a reservation is taken, which avoids errors when the player check in.

Pros

The Chronogolf booking software is very easy to use for both employees and customers. We can view the tee sheet from any computer or tablet and even make last-minute changes. There is a feature that allows you to send an e-mail to all those who have a reservation to let them know in case of maintenance or bad weather. The functionalities are really great and much appreciated by the players.

Cons

I don't have anything specific to mention.

Tyler M.

Every part of Chronogolf has been an improvement from what our previous system was able to do

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

We have been using the Chronogolf platform for a number of years and we love that new features are being added on a consistent basis. The platform is very easy to use and everyone on the Chronogolf team is very helpful any time we need assistance.
Being a busy 36-hole golf facility, taking a high volume of calls while trying to serve customers in the pro shop is a challenge that Lightspeed and Chronogolf address head-on.

Cons

We've tailored the software to meet all our requirements. The platform is very easy to use, cannot complain!